Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,575 members, 7,820,067 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:15 AM

Naira Appreciates To ₦‎1,280/$ At Parallel Market - Business (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Naira Appreciates To ₦‎1,280/$ At Parallel Market (29125 Views)

Naira Appreciates To N1,250/$ At Parallel Market / Naira Appreciates To ₦‎1,650/$ At Parallel Market / Naira Appreciates To N756.61/$ On Investors & Exporters' FX Window (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Naira Appreciates To ₦‎1,280/$ At Parallel Market by tunjiajayi: 4:26pm On Mar 30
lexy2014:

you are obviously the one printing dollars. since that is the case, kindly negate the following:

it actually is because the government is regulating the price of the dollar and giving the impression that market forces are responsible for the changes you are seeing. this is because it had made serious blunder initially to leave the price to the so called market forces

Let me give you a hint.
It is cheaper to buy dollar from the about guy now, than to buy from the bank. With the new form M, and back clearance of taxes for a corporation or an individual.

The stops the round tripping prospectors and prospecting that was the bane of the Naira before now.
This has affected the demand for dollar, thus dollar is more available ( surplus) unlike before that the demand was insanely high due to profiteering on forex round tripping.
It was a business before now to buy dollar from the bank and go sell at the Black market for a profit.
Now the dollar is being sought by those who truly need it for foreign trade and services.
No more profiteering on the dollar at least for now.
Thus the demand has been reduced, you should figure the result of that, if you know your simple economics of demand and supply in relation to a commodity.

I hope you can wrap your head around this information.

2 Likes

Re: Naira Appreciates To ₦‎1,280/$ At Parallel Market by lexy2014: 4:29pm On Mar 30
tunjiajayi:

Let me give you a hint.
It is cheaper to buy dollar from the about guy now, than to buy from the bank. With the new form M, and back clearance of taxes for a corporation or an individual.

The stops the round tripping prospectors and prospecting that was the bane of the Naira before now.
This has affected the demand for dollar, thus dollar is more available ( surplus) unlike before that the demand was insanely high due to profiteering on forex round tripping.
It was a business before now to buy dollar from the bank and go sell at the Black market for a profit.
Now the dollar is being sought by those who truly need it for foreign trade and services.
Thus the demand has been reduced, you should figure the result of that, if you know your simple economics of demand and supply in relation to a commodity.

how has all the plenty grammar above negated the following:

it actually is because the government is regulating the price of the dollar and giving the impression that market forces are responsible for the changes you are seeing. this is because it had made serious blunder initially to leave the price to the so called market forces

1 Like

Re: Naira Appreciates To ₦‎1,280/$ At Parallel Market by tunjiajayi: 4:33pm On Mar 30
lexy2014:

how has all the plenty grammar above negated the following:

Plenty grammar, is that all you could decipher?
I pass on you.
It's a waste of my time.
Re: Naira Appreciates To ₦‎1,280/$ At Parallel Market by lexy2014: 4:48pm On Mar 30
tunjiajayi:

Plenty grammar, is that all you could decipher?
I pass on you.
It's a waste of my time.

yes plenty grammar. with all your grammar, how were you able to negate these words since you said that its obvious that I dont deal with dollars:

in simple terms, what was said in the highlighted that is true or not true? how does all your grammar prove it? I didnt ask you to reinvent the wheel
Re: Naira Appreciates To ₦‎1,280/$ At Parallel Market by PHAYOL81: 4:58pm On Mar 30
More woes for hoarders. I just pray the trend goes on non-stop. The more the appreciation, the more the improvement of our economy and both foreign and local investors' confidence.

Klington:
shocked

The only time ordinary Nigerians will celebrate this audio naira appreciation is when prices of goods and services drop astronomically same way everything went up astronomically.

Tinubu and his team of failures can only deceive their empty headed gullible low IQ followers

Price of goods and services are creation of multiple market forces. The government had stated they won't control prices, so the bulk of blame should be at the doorstep of greedy middlemen who took advantage of rises in dollars to take the prices to where they are but refuses to adjust it when multiple naira gains occur.
Re: Naira Appreciates To ₦‎1,280/$ At Parallel Market by Ezemann(m): 5:12pm On Mar 30
dre11:

https://www.thecable.ng/naira-appreciates-to-n1280-at-parallel-market/amp?/naira-appreciates-to-n1280-at-parallel-market

My own take is that, the price of the dollar is falling yet the prices of commodities are still on the high side.
Re: Naira Appreciates To ₦‎1,280/$ At Parallel Market by JobZoneNews(m): 5:33pm On Mar 30
This is good news. We hope this continues. Nigeria will be great again
Re: Naira Appreciates To ₦‎1,280/$ At Parallel Market by sirblend: 5:35pm On Mar 30
But this what i am seeing right now...

Re: Naira Appreciates To ₦‎1,280/$ At Parallel Market by Growing(m): 6:36pm On Mar 30
When dollar moves from N1000 to N1100 prices will increase in the market.

Dollar moves from N1900 to N1300, PRICES ARE STILL INCREASING.

What the hell?
Re: Naira Appreciates To ₦‎1,280/$ At Parallel Market by Moneyfem: 8:10pm On Mar 30
It's still normal in Economics. It's called "ratchet effect" of price increase. Ratchet effect theorem states that it's difficult for rates to decline from their peaks despite improvement in the market forces. They may or may not come down.

clarocuzioo:
The irony now is that price of goods are not depreciating. Nigerian economy defiles all known economic laws.
Re: Naira Appreciates To ₦‎1,280/$ At Parallel Market by Misterone: 9:14pm On Mar 30
Needlemover:

Imagine this fool. This propaganda filled, drugs ridden agbadorian government knows nothing other than celebrating failure. Even buhari left the dollar at 700#, but the druggie bed wetter took it to almost double the amount buhari left it at and wants us to celebrate, fiakwa
Oga! The naira before Tinubu came is like a parent bribing a teacher to help his child pass an exam. That was not the true value. It was been subsidised. Right now, the naira is walking on its two feet unaided. And we are better for it.
Re: Naira Appreciates To ₦‎1,280/$ At Parallel Market by Misterone: 9:17pm On Mar 30
Growing:
When dollar moves from N1000 to N1100 prices will increase in the market.

Dollar moves from N1900 to N1300, PRICES ARE STILL INCREASING.

What the hell?
Because we still have so much inventories bought with the high value dollar. No one wants to loose. They will want to exhaust all the high priced goods before price will come down
Re: Naira Appreciates To ₦‎1,280/$ At Parallel Market by Johnjustice: 11:19am On Mar 31
tunjiajayi:

Let me give you a hint.

Nice talk
Re: Naira Appreciates To ₦‎1,280/$ At Parallel Market by millionboi2: 9:18am On Apr 01
Badmashiii:

Government have little control over the prices of goods and services in this country.

Besides,we have many sets of greedy nigerians who would rather triple thier profit than reduce a cent from their goods.
oga don't make fool of urself,thy is nothing like triple profit, competition will always balance things.,....only government can control inflation.
Re: Naira Appreciates To ₦‎1,280/$ At Parallel Market by eeithis(m): 2:48pm On Apr 01
routed:

So na that poor and vile analyst called Oseni paid the $7b withheld fund, curtailed black market local and international speculators and na him dey give Cardoso clue for the effective and targeted policies rolled out.

Sometimes, some of you don't deserve response for your unintelligent comments. Ha! So pathetic.
don't challenge government and watch them ignore your problems so yes if not because of oseni and co challenging them and giving out wrong analysis government wouldn't have done something to prove them wrong

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Youngest Billionaire Still Bikes To Work / Nigerians Vent Their Anger On CBN, Bankers / 15 Hot Products You Can Import And Sell For Amazing Profits

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.