Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,790 members, 7,817,281 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:24 AM

Naira Appreciates To ₦‎1,280/$ At Parallel Market - Business (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Naira Appreciates To ₦‎1,280/$ At Parallel Market (29064 Views)

Naira Appreciates To N1,250/$ At Parallel Market / Naira Appreciates To ₦‎1,650/$ At Parallel Market / Naira Appreciates To N756.61/$ On Investors & Exporters' FX Window (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Naira Appreciates To ₦‎1,280/$ At Parallel Market by Needlemover: 11:48am On Mar 30
WeddingParol:
Those praying for Nigeria to fail will not like this news.

All their states are filled with corruptions and non performing politicians but they careless about that.

They filled all the social media platforms with hate and negative narratives about Nigeria 🇳🇬 publicly praying for the country leadership to fail.

Don't worry, you will all reap what you sow.
Imagine this fool. This propaganda filled, drugs ridden agbadorian government knows nothing other than celebrating failure. Even buhari left the dollar at 700#, but the druggie bed wetter took it to almost double the amount buhari left it at and wants us to celebrate, fiakwa
Re: Naira Appreciates To ₦‎1,280/$ At Parallel Market by Dennisochampa: 12:02pm On Mar 30
lexy2014:

but you said that the value that you are seeing is not real. which value were you seeing that is not real?

how is CBNs value now the real value?

Oga abeg no put me for talk.... U showed me exchange rate from Google search and I said it's not the real value..... Believe what you want... I'm done with this unnecessary argument...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Naira Appreciates To ₦‎1,280/$ At Parallel Market by routed: 12:09pm On Mar 30
Calitoscassius:
Only time will tell, be surprised that they d lose nothing in the end, the real value of the naira is yet to be determined.

Besides, it is their dollars they can hoard them if they like
Yeah, time is telling already as a downward spiral is here again on Tuesday.

I tell you, a bumper loss in their camp and trade already.
Their dollar, the reason I asked him not to preach to them.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Naira Appreciates To ₦‎1,280/$ At Parallel Market by Dsimmer: 12:11pm On Mar 30
Nice.
Re: Naira Appreciates To ₦‎1,280/$ At Parallel Market by Almunjid(m): 12:11pm On Mar 30
socialmediaman:

Most of us are irredeemable
Don't lose hope. Believe me, u can be redeemed. grin
Re: Naira Appreciates To ₦‎1,280/$ At Parallel Market by adicius: 12:12pm On Mar 30
Cannibals of war aka igbos won't be happy with this news, 😂😆

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Naira Appreciates To ₦‎1,280/$ At Parallel Market by fitinwell: 12:23pm On Mar 30
vowiski:
Lol,

Oshiomole style of leadership as NLC chairman.

They both know fuel will increase by N5. Government Increase fuel by N10. Everyone shouts and Oshiomole jumps round the Country.

Fuel reduces by N5. The original plan of the government, Masses say Fuel has reduced and Oshiomole try oooo.

Tinubu increases exchange rate to N1880. They know the economy is N1300-1400.

They bring it down to N1300-1400. Masses scream, Naira is appreciating.

I am forced to ask; Naira is appreciating from where ? Where did the present government meet it?

You can see the smoke and screen? cheesy

I am quietly waiting and watching to see howfar it will appreciate too...

It was $300- $400 this time last year..

If they can't do better.. than how they met Naira . Then this report is scam!
Re: Naira Appreciates To ₦‎1,280/$ At Parallel Market by Johnjustice: 12:23pm On Mar 30
tete7000:

If what the govt is doing is pumping in dollars, it will surely backfire in time. Do we have endless forex to pump? When you talk about hoarders, you don't blame those who hoard, blame the govt who created an enabling environment for hoarding. If you want to understand why people decided to change money to dollars and keep, just imagine yourself having some millions savings in naira and you wake up to see it lose values within twinkling of an eye, even you will try to keep it in currency that is safe. So in as much as govt created an environment of disillusionment and distrust, the same govt needs to restore people's trust in their currency. As for those who take the opportunity to make money, they have done nothing wrong or illegal, they only capitalised on govt indiscretion to make money. All the responsibility comes down to govt.
What the government is doing is cushioning the effects of hoarding, and making sure there is adequate supply of dollars in the market. Nigerian government will not stop selling crude in the near future, so dollar earnings are sure, Dangote will sell in dollars, more dollars for Nigeria, cocoa prices have gone up, more dollars for Nigeria, and in the medium term, government can start thinking of refining enough to export, this will earn more dollars. Importantly, government should boost home production, so we produce more of what we eat and use, demand less dollars...once we can reduce our demand for dollars, our problem with naira devaluation and hoarding will cease. In the meantime the pumping of dollars is a good reaction, to the sharp practices of dollar hoarders. It's all about demand and supply. FG through CBN should ensure adequate dollars is pumped into the system, to counter the activities of hoarders and prevent acute rise in food prices, protest and civil unrest.

Any government that allows hoarders hijack it's country and economy is a fool. CBN is there to regulate, protect the Nigerian currency and economy through monetary policies and actions.

Nigeria won't be a chronic importer indefinitely, government will work on production, and export, but in the meeting, government must counter the activities of dollar hoarders by pumping in dollars, dollars we earn. There is nothing wrong in government using a nation's money to protect them, that is the work of government.

The president made a genius move when he told NNPCL to deposit inflows directly into the CBN, inflows of crude sales and accruals in USD...so CBN has a direct, steady flow of USD, it can pump this into the market to regulate and ensure enough supply. Things have changed.

Every country in the world subsidize for its citizens, so if government pump dollars into the system so Nigeria can afford goods and services, they are doing their job, of protecting and taking care of Nigeria and the economy.

Blame the hoarders, government is only reacting to the activities of dollar hoarders.

You people are funny, you think government should fold it's hands and watch people take to the streets due to acute hardship and burn down the country?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Naira Appreciates To ₦‎1,280/$ At Parallel Market by FOOTSOLDIER2(f): 12:24pm On Mar 30
SunMusk:
I think is true check cryto exchanges p2p is at 1222

What platform is this bro ?
Re: Naira Appreciates To ₦‎1,280/$ At Parallel Market by lexy2014: 12:26pm On Mar 30
Dennisochampa:

Oga abeg no put me for talk.... U showed me exchange rate from Google search and I said it's not the real value..... Believe what you want... I'm done with this unnecessary argument...

and I asked you "the one that you are seeing, does it reflect the "true value of dollar to naira exchange rate"?

and you responded by saying

Dennisochampa:
.... No!!!
What it does is simply over stating...
It's just like your wife coming to tell u that yam is 200 naira while it's 180 just to be safe incase the price increase

if your response is "No", which one are you seeing?

1 Like

Re: Naira Appreciates To ₦‎1,280/$ At Parallel Market by OvertheTop(m): 12:47pm On Mar 30
theophorus:
If you are holding for the sake of thinking it would rise again, then I urge you to Rethink cos this down wen he dey go so ehn na long thing ooo.

lol, How Long...
Re: Naira Appreciates To ₦‎1,280/$ At Parallel Market by Aurelius1(m): 12:48pm On Mar 30
MrSundry:
I expect 4 sets of people to land on this thread:

1. The "dollar should go back to the #600 it was before the floating" crew;

2. The "enemies of Nigeria won't be happy with this news" crew;

3. The "when will the prices of goods reduce" crew.

4. The "non- partisan and unbiased news reader" crew.
Which do you belong?

1 Like

Re: Naira Appreciates To ₦‎1,280/$ At Parallel Market by Obere4u: 12:50pm On Mar 30
Klington:

Listen to yourself.

When it increased, it reflected on every single items including sachet water.

Now it has been going down for some time now according to agbado propagandists and it's not reflecting on any item.

Because an average Nigerian businessperson is greedy. They only want profit

1 Like

Re: Naira Appreciates To ₦‎1,280/$ At Parallel Market by Deogratiasfx: 12:53pm On Mar 30
Abdul05:

I Know some people won't be happy about this good news .. grin

See..when we talk about economics one can see that president tinubu knows the subject very well . grin grin

Yes we are not happy....where did it meet the dollar before it went up?
Re: Naira Appreciates To ₦‎1,280/$ At Parallel Market by tete7000(m): 12:57pm On Mar 30
[i][/i]
Johnjustice:

What the government is doing is cushioning the effects of hoarding, and making sure there is adequate supply of dollars in the market. Nigerian government will not stop selling crude in the near future, so dollar earnings are sure, Dangote will sell in dollars, more dollars for Nigeria, cocoa prices have gone up, more dollars for Nigeria, and in the medium term, government can start thinking of refining enough to export, this will earn more dollars. Importantly, government should boost home production, so we produce more of what we eat and use, demand less dollars...once we can reduce our demand for dollars, our problem with naira devaluation and hoarding will cease. In the meantime the pumping of dollars is a good reaction, to the sharp practices of dollar hoarders. It's all about demand and supply. FG through CBN should ensure adequate dollars is pumped into the system, to counter the activities of hoarders and prevent acute rise in food prices, protest and civil unrest.

Any government that allows hoarders hijack it's country and economy is a fool. CBN is there to regulate, protect the Nigerian currency and economy through monetary policies and actions.

Nigeria won't be a chronic importer indefinitely, government will work on production, and export, but in the meeting, government must counter the activities of dollar hoarders by pumping in dollars, dollars we earn. There is nothing wrong in government using a nation's money to protect them, that is the work of government.

The president made a genius move when he told NNPCL to deposit inflows directly into the CBN, inflows of crude sales and accruals in USD...so CBN has a direct, steady flow of USD, it can pump this into the market to regulate and ensure enough supply. Things have changed.

Every country in the world subsidize for its citizens, so if government pump dollars into the system so Nigeria can afford goods and services, they are doing their job, of protecting and taking care of Nigeria and the economy.

Blame the hoarders, government is only reacting to the activities of dollar hoarders.

You people are funny, you think government should fold it's hands and watch people take to the streets due to acute hardship and burn down the country?

I have not said govt should fold his hand, I only said govt should be cautious enough not to create environment that encourages people to hoard and then start running after how to discourage people from hoarding. It was govt hasty approach to some policies that put it under pressure in the first place.
Re: Naira Appreciates To ₦‎1,280/$ At Parallel Market by Azazyel: 1:03pm On Mar 30
[quote author=lexy2014 post=129178740][/quote]

Look well. Google fails to update things sometimes. I've seen it happen severally especially during football matches

Re: Naira Appreciates To ₦‎1,280/$ At Parallel Market by lexy2014: 1:14pm On Mar 30
tunjiajayi:

That the appreciation of the naira is NOT government propaganda!

it actually is because the government is regulating the price of the dollar and giving the impression that market forces are responsible for the changes you are seeing. this is because it had made serious blunder initially to leave the price to the so called market forces
Re: Naira Appreciates To ₦‎1,280/$ At Parallel Market by lexy2014: 1:16pm On Mar 30
nairalanda1:

if Nigeria does not have money, which 200m naira each were senators sharing among themselves?

nairalanda1:

Subsidies on diesel are now impossible because we really don't have the money.
Re: Naira Appreciates To ₦‎1,280/$ At Parallel Market by nairalanda1(m): 1:18pm On Mar 30
lexy2014:

Sorry, I got nothing to do with trolls and bots like you.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Naira Appreciates To ₦‎1,280/$ At Parallel Market by theophorus(m): 1:29pm On Mar 30
OvertheTop:

lol, How Long...

If the CBN policy doesn't change, then you will have to wait till after 2027 for now.
Re: Naira Appreciates To ₦‎1,280/$ At Parallel Market by Klington: 1:38pm On Mar 30
Obere4u:

Because an average Nigerian businessperson is greedy. They only want profit

Do you have any business.?
Have you started any business.?
Do you understand how business survive?
Do you know what it takes to operate and run a successful business?
What do you know about ease of doing business?
Do you know how govt policies make or mar businesses?
Re: Naira Appreciates To ₦‎1,280/$ At Parallel Market by Calitoscassius(m): 1:41pm On Mar 30
routed:

Yeah, time is telling already as a downward spiral is here again on Tuesday.

I tell you, a bumper loss in their camp and trade already.
Their dollar, the reason I asked him not to preach to them.
Really? How much was it 2 years ago? Not a quite a down fall is it?

Maybe.

Good, you know that atleast
Re: Naira Appreciates To ₦‎1,280/$ At Parallel Market by commoditiesnig: 1:47pm On Mar 30

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Naira Appreciates To ₦‎1,280/$ At Parallel Market by Kingpele(m): 1:48pm On Mar 30
[quote author=WeddingParol post=129177663]Those praying for Nigeria to fail will not like this news.

All their states are filled with corruptions and non performing politicians but they careless about that.

They filled all the social media platforms with hate and negative narratives about Nigeria 🇳🇬 publicly praying for the country leadership to fail

Don't worry, you will all reap what you sow.[will keep quiet defender of criminals

1 Like

Re: Naira Appreciates To ₦‎1,280/$ At Parallel Market by tunjiajayi: 2:01pm On Mar 30
lexy2014:

it actually is because the government is regulating the price of the dollar and giving the impression that market forces are responsible for the changes you are seeing. this is because it had made serious blunder initially to leave the price to the so called market forces

You obviously don't deal with dollars

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Naira Appreciates To ₦‎1,280/$ At Parallel Market by SunMusk(m): 2:15pm On Mar 30
OKX
FOOTSOLDIER2:

What platform is this bro ?
Re: Naira Appreciates To ₦‎1,280/$ At Parallel Market by lexy2014: 2:21pm On Mar 30
tunjiajayi:

You obviously don't deal with dollars

you are obviously the one printing dollars. since that is the case, kindly negate the following:

Re: Naira Appreciates To ₦‎1,280/$ At Parallel Market by bjtinz: 2:26pm On Mar 30
Great news.

And on the other end, CBN is drastically mopping up money availability in the economy, which would have been chasing after $$$.

TBs for instance is at 21%, highest ever and may still increase by next auction. This will provide an attractive option for investors worried about inflation and all.

I listened to Bismarck few days ago, and he believes inflation will taper around May-June.

Better days ahead!! 🙏

1 Like

Re: Naira Appreciates To ₦‎1,280/$ At Parallel Market by MrSundry: 2:27pm On Mar 30
Aurelius1:
Which do you belong?
Re: Naira Appreciates To ₦‎1,280/$ At Parallel Market by MrSundry: 2:27pm On Mar 30
Aurelius1:
Which do you belong?

Silent observer
Re: Naira Appreciates To ₦‎1,280/$ At Parallel Market by Johnjustice: 2:43pm On Mar 30
tete7000:
[i][/i]

I have not said govt should fold his hand, I only said govt should be cautious enough not to create environment that encourages people to hoard and then start running after how to discourage people from hoarding. It was govt hasty approach to some policies that put it under pressure in the first place.
If there is continuous adequate supply from government, the incentive to hoard won't be there...talk to hoarders they are the problem, government is trying to solve a problem.

1 Like

Re: Naira Appreciates To ₦‎1,280/$ At Parallel Market by FOOTSOLDIER2(f): 3:32pm On Mar 30
SunMusk:
OKX

Thanks

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Is It Possible For ATM To Dispense Cash After You Are Gone? Any Such Experience? / Jaiz Bank: Has Anyone Done Business With Them? / First Bank Ado-ekiti On Fire (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.