Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,780 members, 7,817,238 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:33 AM

Naira Appreciates To ₦‎1,280/$ At Parallel Market - Business (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Naira Appreciates To ₦‎1,280/$ At Parallel Market (29063 Views)

Naira Appreciates To N1,250/$ At Parallel Market / Naira Appreciates To ₦‎1,650/$ At Parallel Market / Naira Appreciates To N756.61/$ On Investors & Exporters' FX Window (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Naira Appreciates To ₦‎1,280/$ At Parallel Market by Feldie: 9:30am On Mar 30
naija4life247:

Tinubu was ExxonMobil Treasurer. Those who work in the banking industry will know what bank treasurers do.

Kashim Shettima the Kanuri Wonder Boy was a Regional Manager at Zenith Bank.

You cannot win Tinubu/Shettima in this game of money speculation and manipulation. The international speculators have been caged by the JAGABAN, so he and his Boys are fully in charge
it took them too long. Let's not hype them too much before their heads start getting big again. They dropped the ball the first time
Re: Naira Appreciates To ₦‎1,280/$ At Parallel Market by Badmashiii: 9:32am On Mar 30
Klington:
shocked

The only time ordinary Nigerians will celebrate this audio naira appreciation is when prices of goods and services drop astronomically same way everything went up astronomically.

Tinubu and his team of failures can only deceive their empty headed gullible low IQ followers

Government have little control over the prices of goods and services in this country.

Besides,we have many sets of greedy nigerians who would rather triple thier profit than reduce a cent from their goods.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Naira Appreciates To ₦‎1,280/$ At Parallel Market by TrackerSK: 9:33am On Mar 30
Abdul05:

I Know some people won't be happy about this good news .. grin

See..when we talk about economics one can see that president tinubu knows the subject very well . grin grin
Where did tinubu met naira when he took over government?
Re: Naira Appreciates To ₦‎1,280/$ At Parallel Market by silvoclaira: 9:35am On Mar 30
Edoreborn:
So why deceiving people that is 1200?

Official and unofficial windows
Re: Naira Appreciates To ₦‎1,280/$ At Parallel Market by Tareq1105: 9:36am On Mar 30
vowiski:
Lol,

Oshiomole style of leadership as NLC chairman.

They both know fuel will increase by N5. Government Increase fuel by N10. Everyone shouts and Oshiomole jumps round the Country.

Fuel reduces by N5. The original plan of the government, Masses say Fuel has reduced and Oshiomole try oooo.

Tinubu increases exchange rate to N1880. They know the economy is N1300-1400.

They bring it down to N1300-1400. Masses scream, Naira is appreciating.

I am forced to ask; Naira is appreciating from where ? Where did the present government meet it?

You can see the smoke and screen? cheesy

But you were happy when it was #1,960 saying that it would hit #5,000 by Dec.

Now that it has appreciated, you still find reason to water down the govt.

Naira hitting #1,960 wasn't Tinubu plan.

All that Tinubu did and should be appreciated for is the regulation of BDCs.

This is a major factor for Naira rebound.

Also, payment of $7b of outstanding owed foreign business entities by CBN is another factor that boasted Naira.

So it's a combination of factors and not that Tinubu intention to allow Naira hit the roof before bringing it down. That could only be your imagination.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Naira Appreciates To ₦‎1,280/$ At Parallel Market by silvoclaira: 9:38am On Mar 30
SunMusk:
My pray is if it can enter 900, it be good, what is killing Nigeria is corruption. Argentina devalue their pesos from 350 to 800, since last year it remains at 850. We have more reserves than Argentina. But Nigeria system is too corrupt. Pesos is stable. But Nigeria some Nigerians are taking advantage of the system. May God help us. I don't support Tinubu in any way. But dollars at 1200 is abomination. Nd every Nigeria should contribute it falls to the devalue price of 750.

What P2P app is this in the photo please?
Binance?
Re: Naira Appreciates To ₦‎1,280/$ At Parallel Market by noble2faith(m): 9:38am On Mar 30
WeddingParol:
Those praying for Nigeria to fail will not like this news.

All their states are filled with corruptions and non performing politicians but they careless about that.

They filled all the social media platforms with hate and negative narratives about Nigeria 🇳🇬 publicly praying for the country leadership to fail.

Don't worry, you will all reap what you sow.

AMEN!

THEY WANT THE COUNTRY TO CONTINUALLY BEIN ABYSMAL STATE, AS IF THEY ARE NOT AFFECTED. BAD NEWS ALWAYS GIVE THEM ORGASM.

BY GOD'S WILLING, WHEN THE COUNTRY BECOMES BETTER, WHILE OTHERS ARE ENJOYING THE BETTERNESS, THEY WILL ALWAYS EXPERIENCE THE BITTER SIDE IN JESUS' NAME.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Naira Appreciates To ₦‎1,280/$ At Parallel Market by socialmediaman: 9:38am On Mar 30
Almunjid:

Unfortunately for u too. I never voted or campaigned for Jagaban. I just happened to be wiser than ur ilks, to know that after election we need to keep politics aside and support anyone who turned out to be the president of our country.

Most of you are irredeemable
Re: Naira Appreciates To ₦‎1,280/$ At Parallel Market by WebsiteXXpert: 9:39am On Mar 30
vowiski:
Lol,

Oshiomole style of leadership as NLC chairman.

They both know fuel will increase by N5. Government Increase fuel by N10. Everyone shouts and Oshiomole jumps round the Country.

Fuel reduces by N5. The original plan of the government, Masses say Fuel has reduced and Oshiomole try oooo.

Tinubu increases exchange rate to N1880. They know the economy is N1300-1400.

They bring it down to N1300-1400. Masses scream, Naira is appreciating.

I am forced to ask; Naira is appreciating from where ? Where did the present government meet it?

You can see the smoke and screen? cheesy

Please tell me it is not a human being brain you are using to type all this nonsense.

Because despite how stupid and utterly ignorant it is, it is still an insult to the dumbest brain, if indeed it was a human brain you used to type all that you typed.

3 Likes

Re: Naira Appreciates To ₦‎1,280/$ At Parallel Market by Edoreborn: 9:40am On Mar 30
silvoclaira:

Official and unofficial windows
so it really come down?
Re: Naira Appreciates To ₦‎1,280/$ At Parallel Market by silvoclaira: 9:40am On Mar 30
Edoreborn:
so it really come down?

Yes, you can get it for 1280 now

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Naira Appreciates To ₦‎1,280/$ At Parallel Market by silvoclaira: 9:42am On Mar 30
Badmashiii:

That's why we can never allow igbo to rule this country. After his Excellency,Bola ahmed tinubu finish his 8 years,then we the "ABOKI" folks will take over for another 8years.

After that,we hand over back to our yoruba brothers to continue.

This is bitter sweet

smiley cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Naira Appreciates To ₦‎1,280/$ At Parallel Market by Edoreborn: 9:43am On Mar 30
silvoclaira:

Yes, you can get it for 1280 now
ok.
Re: Naira Appreciates To ₦‎1,280/$ At Parallel Market by bluefilm: 9:49am On Mar 30
Abdul05:

I Know some people won't be happy about this good news .. grin

See..when we talk about economics one can see that president tinubu knows the subject very well . grin grin

I wonder what you're even celebrating about this news
Re: Naira Appreciates To ₦‎1,280/$ At Parallel Market by Apel147(m): 9:49am On Mar 30
Obi still won't be president 😜😜😜

socialmediaman:
This government is full of propaganda.

Here’s your proof:

https://www.nairaland.com/8046241/fact-checking-numbers-cbns-announcement

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Naira Appreciates To ₦‎1,280/$ At Parallel Market by ignis: 9:51am On Mar 30
This dollar is confusing me
Re: Naira Appreciates To ₦‎1,280/$ At Parallel Market by MichaelSokoto(m): 9:51am On Mar 30
zionstaar75:
forget the Sokoto in your name we know you're a biafran.
dey play!
Re: Naira Appreciates To ₦‎1,280/$ At Parallel Market by lexy2014: 9:52am On Mar 30
Dennisochampa:
Google gives you rates that are above the official exchange rates and this is so that business men will have a guide without having to go through banks...
What you're seeing now does not reflect the true value of dollar to naira exchange rate

the one that you are seeing, does it reflect the "true value of dollar to naira exchange rate"?
Re: Naira Appreciates To ₦‎1,280/$ At Parallel Market by tete7000(m): 9:53am On Mar 30
SpecialAdviser:
The prices of goods which is a direct effect of naira depreciation are still high. Yet his useless supporters are celebrating shit.
BIG SHAME

It will take time and a level of sustained stability. You don't expect people who bought or produce at higher prices to start selling at reduced prices immediately. You need to be in buying and selling business to understand.
Re: Naira Appreciates To ₦‎1,280/$ At Parallel Market by lexy2014: 9:53am On Mar 30
Dennisochampa:
Check out that same date and go and make a research.... See the inflation rate in USA, UK and Canada for the same period and come back to tell me if things have changed over time....
For a country struggling with terrorism, corruption and massive exit of international investors.... Do u expect the currency of that economy to measure up to those of first world or developed countries??
At times, I feel we Nigerians expect a miracle from a country that is so badly damaged

you have not done what I asked you to do. I said pls help us analyse this poster below you are speaking grammar

Re: Naira Appreciates To ₦‎1,280/$ At Parallel Market by eeithis(m): 9:58am On Mar 30
emkz:
No, Rufai Oseni won't be happy.

It is because of this Rufai Oseni did not come to work yesterday.

I have not seen a human being so vile, hateful and peddles evil about his own country.
trust me if not for oseni and co this dollar for done still dey where em dey?

1 Like

Re: Naira Appreciates To ₦‎1,280/$ At Parallel Market by tete7000(m): 10:00am On Mar 30
Johnjustice:
My advice for you offload your dollars now or loose, since you hoarders are doing an illegal work of hoarding currency, federal government must counter this evil by pumping more dollars into the economy till your dollar in hiding becomes useless.

Myopic small brained idiots saying FG is pumping dollars, why not, when you evil greedy idiots are hoarding dollars that is meant to be spent and exchanged.

Central Bank of Nigeria thank you, please keep flooding the market with dollars to frustrate these evil hoarders.

If what the govt is doing is pumping in dollars, it will surely backfire in time. Do we have endless forex to pump? When you talk about hoarders, you don't blame those who hoard, blame the govt who created an enabling environment for hoarding. If you want to understand why people decided to change money to dollars and keep, just imagine yourself having some millions savings in naira and you wake up to see it lose values within twinkling of an eye, even you will try to keep it in currency that is safe. So in as much as govt created an environment of disillusionment and distrust, the same govt needs to restore people's trust in their currency. As for those who take the opportunity to make money, they have done nothing wrong or illegal, they only capitalised on govt indiscretion to make money. All the responsibility comes down to govt.
Re: Naira Appreciates To ₦‎1,280/$ At Parallel Market by hafeeanubasy: 10:02am On Mar 30
Tareq1105:

But you were happy when it was #1,960 saying that it would hit #5,000 by Dec.

Now that it has appreciated, you still find reason to water down the govt.

Naira hitting #1,960 wasn't Tinubu plan.

All that Tinubu did and should be appreciated for is the regulation of BDCs.

This is a major factor for Naira rebound.

Also, payment of $7b of outstanding owed foreign business entities by CBN is another factor that boasted Naira.

So it's a combination of factors and not that Tinubu intention to allow Naira hit the roof before bringing it down. That could only be your imagination.
And majorly CBN receiving NNPCL sales deposits.
No more question of where are the dollars

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Naira Appreciates To ₦‎1,280/$ At Parallel Market by PDPdestroyer(m): 10:04am On Mar 30
But why did ogododo stop giving us updates on the exchange rate, the moment the naira started gaining strength? grin
That’s to tell you the mindset of an average Obi supporter; they don’t want the country to progress as long as an Igbo man isn’t at the helm. That’s why I shake my head for the Yoruba Obidients, those ones are probably the most stupid people in the history of mankind

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Naira Appreciates To ₦‎1,280/$ At Parallel Market by jaxxy(m): 10:11am On Mar 30
Brenbentondiaz:
Developers on reading this...

Are we still paying subsidy or not? undecided
Re: Naira Appreciates To ₦‎1,280/$ At Parallel Market by Obere4u: 10:16am On Mar 30
Klington:
shocked

The only time ordinary Nigerians will celebrate this audio naira appreciation is when prices of goods and services drop astronomically same way everything went up astronomically.

Tinubu and his team of failures can only deceive their empty headed gullible low IQ followers

When it increases, it’s not audio depreciate but when it appreciates, it’s audio

Continue

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Naira Appreciates To ₦‎1,280/$ At Parallel Market by SpecialAdviser(m): 10:21am On Mar 30
tete7000:

It will take time and a level of sustained stability. You don't expect people who bought or produce at higher prices to start selling at reduced prices immediately. You need to be in buying and selling business to understand.
Any dealer who have flowing turnover will not have issue reducing price and yes I'm also a business man and my suppliers still not reducing price so you really need to query your emilokan.

Do you know other underlying policies increasing the prices of goods? You really need a good market survey before replying me. Nigeria is on a long bruttal thing if you know.
Re: Naira Appreciates To ₦‎1,280/$ At Parallel Market by ubox: 10:21am On Mar 30
jconsulting:

If you get Dollar better change it before December 31..... I no know no dey o
Asin ehn, if refineries start producing, the appreciation go soft
Re: Naira Appreciates To ₦‎1,280/$ At Parallel Market by Ezzymadu: 10:21am On Mar 30
WeddingParol:
Those praying for Nigeria to fail will not like this news.

All their states are filled with corruptions and non performing politicians but they careless about that.

They filled all the social media platforms with hate and negative narratives about Nigeria 🇳🇬 publicly praying for the country leadership to fail.

Don't worry, you will all reap what you sow.

My guys what we're saying bring it down to 3digit
Re: Naira Appreciates To ₦‎1,280/$ At Parallel Market by tete7000(m): 10:23am On Mar 30
SpecialAdviser:

Any dealer who have flowing turnover will not have issue reducing price and yes I'm also a business man and my suppliers still not reducing price so you really need to query your emilokan.

Do you know other underlying policies increasing the prices of goods? You really need a good market survey before replying me. Nigeria is on a long bruttal thing if you know.

I don't understand you. So you mean if there is a sustained downward stability in the forex market for the next 2 months nothing will change?
Re: Naira Appreciates To ₦‎1,280/$ At Parallel Market by SunMusk(m): 10:24am On Mar 30
Okx....
silvoclaira:

What P2P app is this in the photo please?
Binance?
Re: Naira Appreciates To ₦‎1,280/$ At Parallel Market by silvoclaira: 10:25am On Mar 30
SunMusk:
Okx....

Thanks

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Is It Possible For ATM To Dispense Cash After You Are Gone? Any Such Experience? / Jaiz Bank: Has Anyone Done Business With Them? / First Bank Ado-ekiti On Fire (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.