Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,892 members, 7,821,113 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:24 AM

Studying French As Second Language In Quebec-canada - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Studying French As Second Language In Quebec-canada (2117 Views)

Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! / Quebec Skilled Workers Immigration / Need Help:immigration To Quebec(canada) For Skilled Nigerian Workers ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Studying French As Second Language In Quebec-canada by Lekkerlife(m): 10:31am On Nov 16, 2011
Fellow nairalanders,
I want to apply for the french language intensive course in one of canadian universities in Quebec region, the total tuition fee for international student including health insurance is about $2000 in Canadian dollars.

The application process is a one time procedure; i.e. you will forward the application fee+documents+tuition fee to the school at a go and they will send letter of acceptance which I will forward to Canadian visa office here in Nigeria for study permit/visa.

My doubt is that, wont the embassy reject application based on the fact that I can study french here in Nigeria? or because the tuition fee is cheap.

The school said, they cant influence admission and refund is not guaranteed

Please someone more experienced in this field should advise if I should go ahead with the application of what?
Re: Studying French As Second Language In Quebec-canada by justwise(m): 10:56am On Nov 16, 2011
Lekkerlife:

Fellow nairalanders,
I want to apply for the french language intensive course in one of canadian universities in Quebec region, the total tuition fee for international student including health insurance is about $2000 in Canadian dollars.

The application process is a one time procedure; i.e. you will forward the application fee+documents+tuition fee to the school at a go and they will send letter of acceptance which I will forward to Canadian visa office here in Nigeria for study permit/visa.

My doubt is that, wont the embassy reject application based on the fact that I can study french here in Nigeria? or because the tuition fee is cheap.

The school said, they cant influence admission and refund is not guaranteed

Please someone more experienced in this field should advise if I should go ahead with the application of what?

You are right, those two issues could be a problem, $2000 for a fee and insurance is too cheep, and the school may not be a good one. They may doubt your motive of going to Canada.
Re: Studying French As Second Language In Quebec-canada by Lekkerlife(m): 12:27pm On Nov 16, 2011
The University is well renown in Quebec region, their normal academic program tuition is even one of the highest, it just that this is very cheap, that's why I doubting if that will convince the immigration poeple enough to grant my studypermit/visa.
Re: Studying French As Second Language In Quebec-canada by imperiouxx(m): 12:38pm On Nov 16, 2011
The most scary about this is the money non-refundable. Sure, that's another way of formal extortion.
Re: Studying French As Second Language In Quebec-canada by justwise(m): 12:59pm On Nov 16, 2011
imperiouxx:

The most scary about this is the[b] money non-refundable[/b]. Sure, that's another way of formal extortion.

Another good point there.
Re: Studying French As Second Language In Quebec-canada by Lekkerlife(m): 9:20am On Nov 17, 2011
I think you guys are right, the school knows that not every applicant may get visa and once they pay, the money don go be that, But they advise one apply for one year in case you don't meet the normal admission term, one can come in as a special student . But i no fit cant risk that $2000, that will solve some economic problem here in Naija.

I will still appreciate if any veteran on this area can give me some advice, maybe I should back out or proceed.
Re: Studying French As Second Language In Quebec-canada by Lekkerlife(m): 1:22pm On Nov 17, 2011
smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley
Re: Studying French As Second Language In Quebec-canada by Lekkerlife(m): 7:19pm On Nov 18, 2011
I am still waiting, some with visa appointments experience should advise.
Re: Studying French As Second Language In Quebec-canada by Lekkerlife(m): 2:56pm On Nov 20, 2011
smiley :d
Re: Studying French As Second Language In Quebec-canada by honiye(m): 11:14pm On Nov 23, 2011
Bro, I think you can give it a try if you have a networth that can convince the immigration officer enough that you have something at stake here in Nigeria that will make you come back when you are through with your program.

That is the simple thing most of applicants make at the interview point that makes them fail.

(1) (Reply)

Does Passing Through A State Mean You Have Been To That State? / Steps On How To Apply For Turkey Visa And The Requirements. / Help! I'm Travelling To Ghana, I Have Some Questions.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.