Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,291 members, 7,815,507 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:38 PM

I Inherited ₦85bn, $587m Debts, Can’t Pay Salaries Now: Kaduna Governor Uba Sani - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Inherited ₦85bn, $587m Debts, Can’t Pay Salaries Now: Kaduna Governor Uba Sani (21187 Views)

Governor Uba Sani Renames Major Road After El-Rufai / I Inherited $170 Million From My Parents- Peter Obi / Happening Now. Kaduna Is Fully Atikulated (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Inherited ₦85bn, $587m Debts, Can’t Pay Salaries Now: Kaduna Governor Uba Sani by Starpro87(m): 7:16pm On Mar 30
Yet he still takes pension from the state he ran dry. Nigeria may not recover anytime soon.
Re: I Inherited ₦85bn, $587m Debts, Can’t Pay Salaries Now: Kaduna Governor Uba Sani by 96ACE: 7:16pm On Mar 30
Now i see why Ashiru the PDP guy systematically backed out on chasing his stolen mandate grin
Re: I Inherited ₦85bn, $587m Debts, Can’t Pay Salaries Now: Kaduna Governor Uba Sani by Jokky001: 7:16pm On Mar 30
The point is exactly that.
Jorussia:
Once you start hearing this kind of statement from a sitting governor,just know he is about to ditch his godfather,or has done so already.I
knew Elrufai was already out of favour from the governor that's why he has been moving from one meeting to another with opposition leaders.
Re: I Inherited ₦85bn, $587m Debts, Can’t Pay Salaries Now: Kaduna Governor Uba Sani by Emmabyte: 7:18pm On Mar 30
But he gets his own salary, this man should face firing squad, during election you see them campaigning and rubbish all over the place just like Tinubu Asif they have something to offer
Re: I Inherited ₦85bn, $587m Debts, Can’t Pay Salaries Now: Kaduna Governor Uba Sani by vRendoh(m): 7:19pm On Mar 30
And the past Governors are on pension. If Nigeria were to be a company, she should be grounded by now. Who will be paying them pensions.
Also to remind all Civil Servants to stop shielding Politicians to steal because time is near the civil service would be a contract job.
Re: I Inherited ₦85bn, $587m Debts, Can’t Pay Salaries Now: Kaduna Governor Uba Sani by Slydan204: 7:20pm On Mar 30
Giving excuses for failure in advance
Re: I Inherited ₦85bn, $587m Debts, Can’t Pay Salaries Now: Kaduna Governor Uba Sani by Oluwademilade: 7:24pm On Mar 30
But you can put 20 cars on the road at once
Re: I Inherited ₦85bn, $587m Debts, Can’t Pay Salaries Now: Kaduna Governor Uba Sani by Sportspredicto(m): 7:24pm On Mar 30
braveboi4life:
He'll rufai...bragged to be the best economist yet plunged the state into economic crisis...

Good BAT didn't find him worthy to be a minister
BAT finded him worthy but senate did not find him worthy. His uncouth and religious intolerant nature made him an errant personality.

Boss, you fit give me 1k for dinner abeg. I broke now.
Re: I Inherited ₦85bn, $587m Debts, Can’t Pay Salaries Now: Kaduna Governor Uba Sani by Dpharisee: 7:26pm On Mar 30
Muslim Muslim ticket, even Islamic bank will not give them a loan but have given loan to a Christian Governor in Abia state, its a matter of integrity

1 Like

Re: I Inherited ₦85bn, $587m Debts, Can’t Pay Salaries Now: Kaduna Governor Uba Sani by BrighterSyde: 7:28pm On Mar 30
Hangulsaram:

You mean you and the past governor told him that he was going to inherit such debts before handing over to and that was coming to pay you guys accumulated debts or that he was coming to govern? Please explain.

For you to vie for governorship the state accounts are usually known to you at that level. Even a simple google search by you can determine how much each state owes. These statistics are there for everyone to see.

But let me give you a good example of how daft people can be.

Tinubu once led this nation to a standstill by claiming that there was nothing like subsidy. Today he has removed that same subsidy. Can you imagine that level of ignorance at the zenith of Nigeria? That is akin to a man lobbying for petroleum minister without knowing accurately how many refineries we have in Nigeria. Yet there are idiots who believe that such a man will rescue the country.

In summary commons sense will avail you of the information you often seek. Common sense.
Re: I Inherited ₦85bn, $587m Debts, Can’t Pay Salaries Now: Kaduna Governor Uba Sani by FireUpNow(m): 7:30pm On Mar 30
This scam never cast? Na obsolete line be this na. Avenue to stash cash away
Re: I Inherited ₦85bn, $587m Debts, Can’t Pay Salaries Now: Kaduna Governor Uba Sani by amnesty7: 7:37pm On Mar 30
God1000:
Please kindly resign if you can't find ways to generate money to pay workers
Leave the unserious guy alone.
What about the huge billions of IGR being generated monthly due to Elrufai's effort?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Inherited ₦85bn, $587m Debts, Can’t Pay Salaries Now: Kaduna Governor Uba Sani by RaptorX: 7:37pm On Mar 30
The outgoing governor said he left N5billion and $2million behind during his handover. This guy's are totally shameless, you were there for 8 long years and this is the paltry sum you can leave behind, totally shameless leaders we have in this country.
Re: I Inherited ₦85bn, $587m Debts, Can’t Pay Salaries Now: Kaduna Governor Uba Sani by Sportspredicto(m): 7:37pm On Mar 30
nlfpmod:

https://leadership.ng/kaduna-gov-i-inherited-n85bn-587m-debts-we-cant-pay-salaries-now/
The albatross of paucity of educated paupers is inimical to their existence. Please am currently broke and hungry, can anyone help me with a little token.
Re: I Inherited ₦85bn, $587m Debts, Can’t Pay Salaries Now: Kaduna Governor Uba Sani by BarrElChapo(m): 7:44pm On Mar 30
ZombieTAMER:
undecided

Instead of Gandollar to be chilling in Kuje prison..

Tinubu made him APc chairman

Gandollar is the former governor of Kano state. El Rufai is the guilty one here.
Re: I Inherited ₦85bn, $587m Debts, Can’t Pay Salaries Now: Kaduna Governor Uba Sani by edungene7: 7:49pm On Mar 30
APC this just the beginning of what is to come make una dey play
Re: I Inherited ₦85bn, $587m Debts, Can’t Pay Salaries Now: Kaduna Governor Uba Sani by fredoooooo: 7:51pm On Mar 30
Arrest the culprit no noise making.. I f you can't do it again , leave the post
Re: I Inherited ₦85bn, $587m Debts, Can’t Pay Salaries Now: Kaduna Governor Uba Sani by treatise: 7:52pm On Mar 30
nlfpmod:

https://leadership.ng/kaduna-gov-i-inherited-n85bn-587m-debts-we-cant-pay-salaries-now/
You can't pay salaries because of the level of indebtedness but you're recruiting. Until the citizenry wake from their slumber nigerian leaders will continue to tinker with their lives. It's pathetic!
Re: I Inherited ₦85bn, $587m Debts, Can’t Pay Salaries Now: Kaduna Governor Uba Sani by tnerro1(m): 7:57pm On Mar 30
What do you want from us, to help you find hell Rufai address?
Re: I Inherited ₦85bn, $587m Debts, Can’t Pay Salaries Now: Kaduna Governor Uba Sani by ggenius77(m): 7:59pm On Mar 30
That all
donpapa:
No be you ask for the job? Why complaining now? lipsrsealed
Uneasy lies the head that wears the crown. Find a solution and solve the problems for your people.
Re: I Inherited ₦85bn, $587m Debts, Can’t Pay Salaries Now: Kaduna Governor Uba Sani by Jayhome24: 8:01pm On Mar 30
El Rufai where are you? Imagine same El Rufai going up and down for a meeting strategizing for 2027 my a s s.

The moment my spirit is against somebody definitely something not very right with the person.

I never like Buhari for a second ever since he was the head of state till he became the nightmare democratic president, I knew nothing good can never come out of him.

I never like Gringory for a second and he proven me right as one of the most useless governor to rule Anambra, lies on everything and to worsen it all formed a cursed movement called obidunce and ipig sorry ipob sympathisers and I will never like him till he die.

I never like El Rufai because is a notorious jihadist and very heartless lilipu short devil and he has alway proven me tight his kind of person.
Re: I Inherited ₦85bn, $587m Debts, Can’t Pay Salaries Now: Kaduna Governor Uba Sani by crowther15(m): 8:02pm On Mar 30
Energist:
Let him bear the brunt. He was the one who facilitated the loan he's currently complaining about. Elrufai booted Shehu Sani out to pave way for his crony Uba Sani who eventually pushed for the World Bank loan. The loan performance by Elrufai was quite remarkable as it's evident across the state. However his albatross was that the loan is fully dollarised. By the time the Naira was floated, it tripled in value. Mind you, the loan was dispensed at the then official rate of the CBN circa 400 Naira. And now the Naira is close to 1300. There lies the big problem.

Elrufai himself inherited about $200m from his predecessors. He couldn't pull big projects because of the paucity of funds. I believe that's what pushed him to get loans. In hindsight, I feel he should have got domestic loans may be worth 200b Naira.
Lest I forget, Elrufai raised the IGR of the state from 15b to 90b in 8 years.
In essence, Elrufai did fairly well in his steering of the state. Uba Sani so far has been woeful. His government is more about propaganda that real governance. It is said that he mostly stays at Abuja. Ask any KD resident, even traffic lights are not working. Potholes are emerging without being remedied. Let Uba restrategise and do the right things. If he feels like, he can prove the Elrufai administration. What matters to the residents is continuity of the good projects kickstarted by Elrufai.

There is piece was written by a Northerner and published on their media platform (daily trust). Elrufai took loan of $350m with condition to spend 78% of it on recurrent expenditures, and 22% on capital expenditures. Who takes IMF's loan under this mischievous condition? To me, the loan was not a good one.
Re: I Inherited ₦85bn, $587m Debts, Can’t Pay Salaries Now: Kaduna Governor Uba Sani by schoolboymatt(m): 8:02pm On Mar 30
u have 3billion + internally generated revenue.

stop making stupid excuses Uba. I remembered when you were busy ass licking Elrufai. deal with it and pay people their money.
Re: I Inherited ₦85bn, $587m Debts, Can’t Pay Salaries Now: Kaduna Governor Uba Sani by adewaleadeyemi8(m): 8:08pm On Mar 30
Uba sani was and is Nasir El Rufai's puppet. It's this same Uba sani that was approving all the money El Rufai was borrowing when he was a sanator. Abeg pay Kaduna workers their monthly salary and stop wailing. He wants to become governor by force right.

Government of killing maiming and hardship. The other day I was opportuned to see delivery of palliatives in one of the secretariat close to my house, how these foodstuff was distributed overnight, only God can tell undecided
Re: I Inherited ₦85bn, $587m Debts, Can’t Pay Salaries Now: Kaduna Governor Uba Sani by dreamxhaser: 8:11pm On Mar 30
This uba is an incompetent governor. How was elrufai paying salaries before.

This guy has'nt continue even one of el-rufai project.

El rufai was generating about 60 billion igr and if uba was competent, he would look to improve that.

As a governor, u have to think outside the box na. Haba
Re: I Inherited ₦85bn, $587m Debts, Can’t Pay Salaries Now: Kaduna Governor Uba Sani by Godsonkemz(m): 8:21pm On Mar 30
Can you imagine his guts. Then the workers should stay off work. Nothing good can ever come out of APC except hunger, hardship and suffering. What a satanic party.
Re: I Inherited ₦85bn, $587m Debts, Can’t Pay Salaries Now: Kaduna Governor Uba Sani by Elidrisy20: 8:21pm On Mar 30
Stop complaino
Re: I Inherited ₦85bn, $587m Debts, Can’t Pay Salaries Now: Kaduna Governor Uba Sani by Judolisco(m): 8:26pm On Mar 30
God1000:
Please kindly resign if you can't find ways to generate money to pay workers
oga jst pray make u no see wahala wey pass u oh....
Re: I Inherited ₦85bn, $587m Debts, Can’t Pay Salaries Now: Kaduna Governor Uba Sani by kelly72: 8:27pm On Mar 30
That' dwarfish animal was just accumulating debts he had neither intention nor capacity to pay back. Why won't his quota system son run his mouth, when papa don hide billions for am.
Re: I Inherited ₦85bn, $587m Debts, Can’t Pay Salaries Now: Kaduna Governor Uba Sani by Exceed15: 8:29pm On Mar 30
Kikikikikiki... family business.
Re: I Inherited ₦85bn, $587m Debts, Can’t Pay Salaries Now: Kaduna Governor Uba Sani by Jeje247: 8:37pm On Mar 30
So what are the civil servants supposed to be feeding on?
Re: I Inherited ₦85bn, $587m Debts, Can’t Pay Salaries Now: Kaduna Governor Uba Sani by FatherOfJesus: 8:48pm On Mar 30
Kaduna state us crying when Abia is paying 9 years pension arrears

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Defence And Interior Ministers Hold Meeting With SE Governors, Leaders In Enugu / Benin Government May Use Igboho To Negotiate Full Border Re-opening / Update On The Ongoing Imota Rice Mill Project In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.