Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,506 members, 7,816,205 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:36 AM

NCC Extends Deadline For SIM-NIN Linkage To July 31 - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / NCC Extends Deadline For SIM-NIN Linkage To July 31 (6687 Views)

Vladimir Putin At The Age Of 5 With His Mom Maria Ivanova In July 1958(picture) / Gunman Shoots, Stabs Children at Thai Pre-school. 31 Killed, Suspect kills himse / Russia Gives Ukraine Deadline To Surrender Mariopol, Ukraine Refuses (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

NCC Extends Deadline For SIM-NIN Linkage To July 31 by adenigga(m): 2:37am On Mar 31
The Nigerian Communications Commission has directed telecommunication companies to extend the disconnection of telephone lines not linked to National Identification Numbers from April 15, 2024, to July 31, 2024.

A reliable source within the telecommunication sector disclosed this information to Sunday PUNCH on Saturday.

This decision communicated via a letter to telcos came after a careful consideration of various challenges and requests for extensions.

The source said, “So, this particular extension from 15th April to 31st July is for those who have four SIMs linked to just one phone line.”

The disconnection process, which began in February, was rolled out in three phases. The first occurred on February 28, 2024, followed by the second phase on Friday, March 29, 2024.

Originally scheduled for April 15, 2024, the third phase has now been rescheduled to commence on July 31, 2024.

During the initial deadline on February 28, 2024, the industry regulator said about 40 million lines not linked to NINs were barred.

The source said while the exact number of lines affected by Friday’s deadline remains unclear, telecom companies are expected to proceed with disconnecting lines not linked with NINs.

Telecom operators are expected to prioritize the verification of existing subscribers over new ones during this extended period.

Source: https://punchng.com/NCC-extends-deadline-for-SIM-NIN-linkage-to-July-31

1 Like

Re: NCC Extends Deadline For SIM-NIN Linkage To July 31 by tamdun: 4:41am On Mar 31
It won't change anything,block the sims and let them link their nin for reactivation

3 Likes

Re: NCC Extends Deadline For SIM-NIN Linkage To July 31 by Martinsmine(m): 6:49am On Mar 31
My glo was blocked I don't retrieve tire e no work.... I vex tire

9 Likes

Re: NCC Extends Deadline For SIM-NIN Linkage To July 31 by owem19(m): 6:51am On Mar 31
Misplaced priority, useless people

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: NCC Extends Deadline For SIM-NIN Linkage To July 31 by Dshocker(m): 6:52am On Mar 31
After all these registration, crimes still thrive.

27 Likes

Re: NCC Extends Deadline For SIM-NIN Linkage To July 31 by nitt: 6:55am On Mar 31
Mtscheeeu!!!!

This country sha

6 Likes

Re: NCC Extends Deadline For SIM-NIN Linkage To July 31 by NFBI: 6:56am On Mar 31
Airtel sent me message that my nin isn't link but i don't have time to go to any office

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: NCC Extends Deadline For SIM-NIN Linkage To July 31 by blowjohn(m): 6:58am On Mar 31
Una no for extend am na

9 Likes

Re: NCC Extends Deadline For SIM-NIN Linkage To July 31 by Nackzy: 7:01am On Mar 31
They Nst want to stress Nigerians
Call all the fulani bandits to come out from the forest and link their SIM

22 Likes

Re: NCC Extends Deadline For SIM-NIN Linkage To July 31 by honestivo(m): 7:01am On Mar 31
Always going round with same rhetorics , no desire end

10 Likes

Re: NCC Extends Deadline For SIM-NIN Linkage To July 31 by Sucre6: 7:02am On Mar 31
grin nah network providers go loose pass that's why they keep shifting the goal post

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: NCC Extends Deadline For SIM-NIN Linkage To July 31 by BUSHHUNTER: 7:04am On Mar 31
Nigerians grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NCC Extends Deadline For SIM-NIN Linkage To July 31 by saveman91(m): 7:07am On Mar 31
After linkage una will still text person to link his/her line foolish People

16 Likes

Re: NCC Extends Deadline For SIM-NIN Linkage To July 31 by favour32(m): 7:07am On Mar 31
But kidnapping still dey like nothing happened.
I wan know if other African countries dey kidnap like Nigerians.

12 Likes

Re: NCC Extends Deadline For SIM-NIN Linkage To July 31 by veekid(m): 7:11am On Mar 31
Till thy kingdom come, na so Una go dey extend, eyin wayre 100%

4 Likes

Re: NCC Extends Deadline For SIM-NIN Linkage To July 31 by kennyz247(m): 7:12am On Mar 31
Who get time for there wahala self...

5 Likes

Re: NCC Extends Deadline For SIM-NIN Linkage To July 31 by Goldbw122(m): 7:14am On Mar 31
Tbe question I will always ask when they link your line, will they be able to track the line when it is missing, or be able to make security strong in Nigeria, of what benefit is the linking of nin and BVN to security in Nigeria?

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: NCC Extends Deadline For SIM-NIN Linkage To July 31 by Kellie069(m): 7:25am On Mar 31
Toothless Eskimo dogs!! Thought you guys said no more extending of the dates? Crazy lots

8 Likes

Re: NCC Extends Deadline For SIM-NIN Linkage To July 31 by Adeneeyee84: 7:31am On Mar 31
I no go still do am, una dey craze using nonsense policy to deceive Nigerians leaving the important things unattended to

17 Likes

Re: NCC Extends Deadline For SIM-NIN Linkage To July 31 by Aboks(m): 7:36am On Mar 31
Old fools
Before i thought older people are wise

in naija the reverse is the case

fools @70 is a fool forever

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: NCC Extends Deadline For SIM-NIN Linkage To July 31 by pobosky20(m): 7:36am On Mar 31
When you continue to extend deadlines,people dont take you serious

3 Likes

Re: NCC Extends Deadline For SIM-NIN Linkage To July 31 by Trophy12: 7:41am On Mar 31
NFBI:
Airtel sent me message that my nin isn't link but i don't have time to go to any office
till then block am before u go enter there office abi
Re: NCC Extends Deadline For SIM-NIN Linkage To July 31 by dankorode(m): 7:42am On Mar 31
NFBI:
Just look for their agents around your vicinity, it's just 1k

1 Like

Re: NCC Extends Deadline For SIM-NIN Linkage To July 31 by Adewale1603(m): 7:48am On Mar 31
Dey play. Something that has no relevancy and usefulness. Any development in Nigeria is just useless and meaniless

6 Likes

Re: NCC Extends Deadline For SIM-NIN Linkage To July 31 by nairalanda1(m): 7:53am On Mar 31
After making us suffer....

4 Likes

Re: NCC Extends Deadline For SIM-NIN Linkage To July 31 by stano2(m): 7:56am On Mar 31
Make una continue to the stress us oo.
That’s what you are paid for, to stress Nigerians.

Link that, Link this.

Even USSD codes are useless. Keep blocking.

7 Likes

Re: NCC Extends Deadline For SIM-NIN Linkage To July 31 by Femich18(m): 8:15am On Mar 31
Ok.
They will still extend it till the end of the year. Even if they extend it to 2030 some Nigerians will still not update theirs.
Nigerians no dey obey deadline o until they see the effect of the deadline and they start running helter skelter

1 Like

Re: NCC Extends Deadline For SIM-NIN Linkage To July 31 by NFBI: 8:20am On Mar 31
dankorode:
Just look for their agents around your vicinity, it's just 1k
Someone i know did it with an agent but it still didn't work till he must go to the office

4 Likes

Re: NCC Extends Deadline For SIM-NIN Linkage To July 31 by NinjaMetahuman: 8:22am On Mar 31
Femich18:
Ok.
They will still extend it till the end of the year. Even if they extend it to 2030 some Nigerians will still not update theirs.
Nigerians no dey obey deadline o until they see the effect of the deadline and they start running helter skelter
or may be they did like a lot of us but the incompetent network and absolutely horrendous ncc and it's useless ministers kept frustrating everyone with their improper registration?

1 Like

Re: NCC Extends Deadline For SIM-NIN Linkage To July 31 by iampeterben(m): 8:25am On Mar 31
Another avenue to enrich the government.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Photo Of Syrian Boy Protecting His Little Sister From Air Strike / Wikileaks Founder Julian Assange Arrested In Uk / North Korea Rocket Breaks Up After Launch

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.