Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,972 members, 7,817,857 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:20 PM

Mobo Awards 2007. Best African Act - 2face Idibia - Music/Radio (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Mobo Awards 2007. Best African Act - 2face Idibia (5799 Views)

Poll: Does Tuface deserve the Award

Yes: 67% (60 votes)
No: 32% (29 votes)
This poll has ended

Ice-Prince Wins "Best African Act" At BET Awards 2013 / Dbanj Wins ‘Best African Act’ At 2012 MOBO Awards / D’banj Named Best-African Act At MTV Europe Music Awards 2012 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mobo Awards 2007. Best African Act - 2face Idibia by eldee(m): 1:02pm On Sep 27, 2007
jejelolatu:

what?

have u heard ,if love is acrime

come on,the guy knows how to psyche up a lady with lyrics.

that song is berra than african queen.

for goodness sake are u sure u don't want to modify that stuff u just did wiv ur keyboard
Re: Mobo Awards 2007. Best African Act - 2face Idibia by jejelolatu(f): 1:11pm On Sep 27, 2007
u nor serious
nope on a second thot,u are!!!!!!!!!
u case is serious tongue tongue tongue tongue

i read ur post and i quickly re-read my post ,thinking i wrote sometin totally extraordinary.

stop it ooooooooooooooo grin grin grin grin

no dey raise false alarm like that ooooooooooo grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Mobo Awards 2007. Best African Act - 2face Idibia by eldee(m): 1:15pm On Sep 27, 2007
come u mean u really want to create a riot on nairaland
Re: Mobo Awards 2007. Best African Act - 2face Idibia by eldee(m): 1:23pm On Sep 27, 2007
If u get liver post it as a new topic
Re: Mobo Awards 2007. Best African Act - 2face Idibia by jejelolatu(f): 1:40pm On Sep 27, 2007
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

u wan try tune me!!!!!!!!!!!!

no way,i aint falling for that.

b t w
i get am for liver,but i dey use am do somtin else. grin grin grin grin grin grin

seriously thou,the song is good
actually both songs are dha bomb
Re: Mobo Awards 2007. Best African Act - 2face Idibia by eldee(m): 2:38pm On Sep 27, 2007
but in comparision to african queen
Re: Mobo Awards 2007. Best African Act - 2face Idibia by opokonwa(m): 4:26pm On Sep 27, 2007
No be small thing o!
Re: Mobo Awards 2007. Best African Act - 2face Idibia by nguage(m): 4:38pm On Sep 27, 2007
Big ups to 2face. Tubaba, brush them haters off
Re: Mobo Awards 2007. Best African Act - 2face Idibia by koko777(m): 5:07pm On Sep 27, 2007
smiley smiley smiley As u see me so o, i no send u o, f**k all you hater's, If you could not appreciate good things perhaps you aint excelling in your chosen career then shut your silly trap.
Tu Baba is a gift to Naija, he's an African Pride. Ride on Tu Baba no lele! Na dem go tire. To all the hater's, if you smileydon't want to ever remain stationary, learn to appreciate good things, even D'banj that was nominated with him for the same award, came out to rejoice with him, that's how you get to recognise succesful pple, they don't beef.
Big up Tu Baba! Big up Kennis Music!! keep the flag flying. luv u u u u,
Re: Mobo Awards 2007. Best African Act - 2face Idibia by mekoyo(m): 6:23pm On Sep 27, 2007
He deserves it. He's doing great. Good job there from Grass to Grass, i cant stop listening to If luv is a crime. Its just the best.
Re: Mobo Awards 2007. Best African Act - 2face Idibia by RichyBlacK(m): 12:50am On Sep 28, 2007
Well, I'm not surprised! I love 2Face's music and have all his albums. Congratulations 2Face!!!
Re: Mobo Awards 2007. Best African Act - 2face Idibia by youngdigi(m): 1:10am On Sep 28, 2007
2face is the GREATEST Nigerian Artist ever

hate it or love it, or u can eat shit, drink piss and die
Re: Mobo Awards 2007. Best African Act - 2face Idibia by Pain(m): 3:07am On Sep 28, 2007
Tu face is really cool. No doubt.

I dont know what you all think, but in my opinion the best R&B singer out of the Bight of Benin is Paul Dairo. I wonder why so little is being said about this Genius.

What do u think? I think he needs mo promo.
Re: Mobo Awards 2007. Best African Act - 2face Idibia by uchetobi(f): 8:49am On Sep 28, 2007
congrats tuface. Am sure the award can still be pieced together. You deserve it u are a genius. Then when they asked D'banj bout the episode he said "no long thing" gosh iluv d'banj
Re: Mobo Awards 2007. Best African Act - 2face Idibia by jkpretty(f): 9:43am On Sep 28, 2007
Tu face,

my personnal person, kiss

@Those beefing if u like beef from today till u die, fact still remains that tuface got that award, whether it broke, cracked or they stole it tongue
Re: Mobo Awards 2007. Best African Act - 2face Idibia by eldee(m): 12:52pm On Sep 28, 2007
no one is saying he's not good, we just need another african queen
Re: Mobo Awards 2007. Best African Act - 2face Idibia by yongbabe(f): 6:43pm On Sep 28, 2007
some ppl r realy brainless o shocked shocked shocked.
u ppl tat r condemin him n sayin he does not deserve the award.
can u write a song or even sing
And if other stars r better than him y arent they d one pickin up the awards
een dbanj that lost 2 him went onstage 2 celebrate with him.
so who r u ppl 2 condem.
2face is one of the bst in 9ja, if not the bst.
keep it up 2face u rock.

if love is a crime is an amazing song!!!
i am trying 2 find a way 2 download it to my mp4 so if any1 has it pls send it 2 me pls!
and his new album is the bomb
Re: Mobo Awards 2007. Best African Act - 2face Idibia by eleshin(m): 8:26pm On Sep 28, 2007
2baba 4 life
Re: Mobo Awards 2007. Best African Act - 2face Idibia by mrmetoo(m): 9:01pm On Sep 28, 2007
yong babe:

some people r realy brainless o shocked shocked shocked.
u people tat r condemin him n sayin he does not deserve the award.
can u write a song or even sing
And if other stars r better than him y arent they d one pickin up the awards
een dbanj that lost 2 him went onstage 2 celebrate with him.
so who r u people 2 condem.
2face is one of the bst in Nigeria, if not the bst.
keep it up 2face u rock.

if love is a crime is an amazing song!!!
i am trying 2 find a way 2 download it to my mp4 so if anyone has it please send it 2 me please!
and his new album is the bomb

Please help me ask them oo. As per the awards they say Kennis buys the awards how stupid and idiotic does that sound?

Here's if Love Is A Crime
http://www.esnips.com/doc/068ef473-d070-45eb-8174-22cf63f3aa9f/If-Love-Is-a-Crime---2face-Idibia. You have to register on the website before u can download tho'.
You can also check out my folder you might find other songs you want
http://www.esnips.com/web/kayplingsBusinessFiles
Re: Mobo Awards 2007. Best African Act - 2face Idibia by naijadiva2(f): 9:14pm On Sep 28, 2007
i like 2facea and all and i ain't hating but he didn't much this year to win best african act. there's other great musican other than 2face. he ain't the only musician in africa.
Re: Mobo Awards 2007. Best African Act - 2face Idibia by mrmetoo(m): 9:34pm On Sep 28, 2007
naija_diva:

i like 2facea and all and i ain't hating but he didn't much this year to win best african act. there's other great musican other than 2face. he ain't the only musician in africa.

Although I disagree with you that he didn't deserve the album, I think his latest album is very good, I can't stop you from thinking the way u want to but let me give you an example; when Beyonce won the 5 grammy awards in the same year, I personally didn't think she deserved it but the fact is for that year she was doing better than most female R&B artist which made her win all those awards. So we have to take into consideration the people that were nominated also.
Re: Mobo Awards 2007. Best African Act - 2face Idibia by eldee(m): 10:14pm On Sep 28, 2007
maybe the lack of competetion is the problem cus the album was not really worth the award, not to talk of the breakage that happened
Re: Mobo Awards 2007. Best African Act - 2face Idibia by 9ja4eva: 11:47pm On Sep 28, 2007
Spoke my mind

Hopefully he gets competition now
Re: Mobo Awards 2007. Best African Act - 2face Idibia by eldee(m): 12:29am On Sep 29, 2007
yeah that's what we need, not big bros shouting that we are improving
Re: Mobo Awards 2007. Best African Act - 2face Idibia by Baro(m): 10:45am On Sep 29, 2007
Thank God some guys are beginning to reason beyond parochial lines and sentiments, Tu is good anyday, but he didnt deserve this award just like some others he won in the past. I think D'banj even deserves that award more,considering the great impact of his big hit "Why Me" (Remember that song just earned him an Mtv nomination). Let me actually ask Eleshin & Mr Me Tuface , with which track did Tu win this award? No song in Tu's latest album(audio & Video) is as big as D'banj's "why me" quote me.

"Kolomental" and lately "Yahoozee" are actually the biggest songs this year; but of course we all know that alot goes into award getting nominations
Re: Mobo Awards 2007. Best African Act - 2face Idibia by eldee(m): 11:44am On Sep 29, 2007
we know tuface is a legend in the making but i don't think it is right for him to receive awards even in years he doesn't even release albums
Re: Mobo Awards 2007. Best African Act - 2face Idibia by mrmetoo(m): 2:07pm On Sep 29, 2007
@Baro

First things first Baro, your wise cracks are so funny, cancelling the "face" after the "tu", wow so brilliant!!! I think tuface deserves the award, i was just replying naija_diva because of the way she posted her comment. I was just replying a decent post with my own reasoning. If I may stress it again, Tuface deserves this award, the ones he won in the past, and the ones he'll win in future. I like all the songs on the album, thats the reason he won for the album and not a particular song. Its a collection of very good stuff. If D'banj had won the award I'll have been equally happy because they're my two favorite naija artists for now, in fact if not my best two period (at least for now). I'm also glad you mentioned a lot goes into award nomination. Another reason I'll say tuface deserves the award is just take a look at his myspace page and see the comments on there, people love his songs, from white to purple, they all love him and its not even about African Queen, you'll see comments from people all over the world congratulating him for the recent MOBO and telling him how much they love his new songs. Just take a look at it, I'm not making this up unless you want to say its Kennis.

P.S. - For D'banj to have gone onstage to celebrate with him, not only does it mean he's supporting his fellow naija artist but he's acknowledging a formidable competitor
Re: Mobo Awards 2007. Best African Act - 2face Idibia by ADESUWA(f): 7:46pm On Sep 29, 2007
lol, unfortunately, they collaborated to crush the award
Re: Mobo Awards 2007. Best African Act - 2face Idibia by concrete: 11:15pm On Sep 29, 2007
#1 - the award has already been replaced.

#2 - you tuface haters should be happy to know that he's leaving Kennis and will be doing his own thing within the next few months. there will no longer be any new material under Kennis music. So if he continues to win big, then you cannot still complain it's all Kennis

#3 - ITA with Mr Me Too, D'Banj's Why me and Yahooze are big singles but Tuface's is the complete package and is quickly gaining more and more steam. That's why he deserves the best african "act" win. Had it been a best african "single" award, then I would have agreed but A LOT of people are feeling the whole entire album now and it's really blowing up here in Canada menn. We can all die for "see me so" over here
Re: Mobo Awards 2007. Best African Act - 2face Idibia by mellow(m): 3:17pm On Sep 30, 2007
The boy is trying. [/color][color=#990000][/color][color=#990000][color=#990000][/color]
Re: Mobo Awards 2007. Best African Act - 2face Idibia by royalyinx(m): 3:00am On Oct 01, 2007
You claim d'banj went on stage to celebrate with him hen , Do you think anyone will allow you know what he/she has in mind There is definitely no way D'banj can be more satisfied that the award going to him and this thing ain't 'bout hating it's about whats within which would soon show so lets keep our fingers crossed and wait for the next person to blow,

All i'll say for now is that it's 2face's time so lets help him with his shine , Cabishe , file ha
Re: Mobo Awards 2007. Best African Act - 2face Idibia by yongbabe(f): 5:47am On Oct 01, 2007
@mr me too
wow thanks 4 the site.
i have been lookin 4 somwhere 2 download 9ja songs 4 ages.
so 10x a lot. my mp4 is officially full cheesy

royalyinx:

You claim d'banj went on stage to celebrate with him hen , Do you think anyone will allow you know what he/she has in mind There is definitely no way D'banj can be more satisfied that the award going to him and this thing ain't 'bout hating it's about whats within which would soon show so lets keep our fingers crossed and wait for the next person to blow,

All i'll say for now is that it's 2face's time so lets help him with his shine , Cabishe , file ha

ya D'banj would have been happier if the award went 2 him.
but since it didn't he still showed some respect and went with 2 face onstage 2 celebrate.
it d'bang could do that. y cant other ppl.

and as 4 those mentionin other singers.
if they r soo much better y didnt they pick up the award
y wasnt it their song that was used in phat girlz
y arent they the one growin more popular oer seas
( mention 2 face's name here n there is a good chance that some 1 would know him)

2 face rocks so u haters can f**k off.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Top 5 Radio Stations In Nigeria: What Do You Think? / A Nairalander "Kuttie" Finally Drop His Debut Single Dikeh! / 2face Idibia Is He A Muslim Or Christian?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.