Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,036 members, 7,818,060 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:24 AM

Mobo Awards 2007. Best African Act - 2face Idibia - Music/Radio (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Mobo Awards 2007. Best African Act - 2face Idibia (5800 Views)

Poll: Does Tuface deserve the Award

Yes: 67% (60 votes)
No: 32% (29 votes)
This poll has ended

Ice-Prince Wins "Best African Act" At BET Awards 2013 / Dbanj Wins ‘Best African Act’ At 2012 MOBO Awards / D’banj Named Best-African Act At MTV Europe Music Awards 2012 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mobo Awards 2007. Best African Act - 2face Idibia by pheesayor(m): 8:59am On Oct 01, 2007
Even as a faze addict, I still congratulate tuface cos I love his songs too. Whether he deserves the award or  not doesn't mattter anymore cos he already won it. All faze lovers should try to love tuface too cos they are back as a group and I think for that alone, we should 'love' tuface.
royalyinx:

You claim d'banj went on stage to celebrate with him hen , Do you think anyone will allow you know what he/she has in mind There is definitely no way D'banj can be more satisfied that the award going to him and this thing ain't 'bout hating it's about whats within which would soon show so lets keep our fingers crossed and wait for the next person to blow,

All i'll say for now is that it's 2face's time so lets help him with his shine , Cabishe , file ha

D'banj celebrating with him is just they way it's supposed to be, if other Nigerian acts too were nominated and were present, they would do the same. That's the spirit of togetherness and oneness we need in Nigeria
Re: Mobo Awards 2007. Best African Act - 2face Idibia by mrmetoo(m): 2:29pm On Oct 01, 2007
Oo pheesayor did u just wake up from your slumber? lol, i kid i kid. That was a really nice post. You stated the person you prefer but u went on to give the other person props. Good stuvs

@young babe

Hey no problem, I update it from time to time so you can check back.

I don't want to keep echoing what ppl have said already but of course d'banj would have been happier if he was the one delivering the thank-you speech after receiving the award and blah blah blah
Re: Mobo Awards 2007. Best African Act - 2face Idibia by royalyinx(m): 5:36pm On Oct 01, 2007
What i simply meant was that whatever anybody else has in mind isn't known so even if pple rejoice with you don't be deceived
Re: Mobo Awards 2007. Best African Act - 2face Idibia by eldee(m): 6:57pm On Oct 01, 2007
what did u guys really expect dbanj to do. he represented nigeria as any patriotic nigerian would do; come on stage and celeberated with a fellow sucessful artiste. although he would have prefered to win, but he acted as mature as kanye would have done if fifty won an award for best album of the year. i'll actually love to see the two of them do a song together
Re: Mobo Awards 2007. Best African Act - 2face Idibia by sect(m): 8:24pm On Oct 01, 2007
2face is cool,its just kennis i dislike.believe me its kennis that created haters for 2face and not 2face himself,2face doesnt talk much while kennis makes so much noise on their tv show especially and that really infuriates me.
Re: Mobo Awards 2007. Best African Act - 2face Idibia by eldee(m): 9:17pm On Oct 01, 2007
Come to think of it, that is actually why people really hate 2face, i never even thought of that. Does anyone think this might be the reason?
Re: Mobo Awards 2007. Best African Act - 2face Idibia by naijadiva2(f): 9:35pm On Oct 01, 2007
Although I disagree with you that he didn't deserve the album, I think his latest album is very good, I can't stop you from thinking the way u want to but let me give you an example; when Beyonce won the 5 grammy awards in the same year, I personally didn't think she deserved it but the fact is for that year she was doing better than most female R&B artist which made her win all those awards. So we have to take into consideration the people that were nominated also.

i understand where you coming from but i can't help but say that maybe the only reason why he won was because he is more known or heard of not only in naija but internationally. till this day, i still here my friends singing african queen like its the new thing, and they're american.
Re: Mobo Awards 2007. Best African Act - 2face Idibia by pheesayor(m): 9:45pm On Oct 01, 2007
naija_diva:

i understand where you coming from but i can't help but say that maybe the only reason why he won was because he is more known or heard of not only in naija but internationally. till this day, i still here my friends singing african queen like its the new thing, and they're american.

Promotion and hyping, if only kennis music could promote other artistes the way they promote tuface then I think more and better Nigerian acts will be known abroad.
Re: Mobo Awards 2007. Best African Act - 2face Idibia by eldee(m): 10:44pm On Oct 01, 2007
good musicians are now very intelligent, they no longer want to recieve bad contracts in exchange for publidity
Re: Mobo Awards 2007. Best African Act - 2face Idibia by chiogo(f): 10:48pm On Oct 01, 2007
I don't get what y'all mean about "breaking" an award, u mean he broke a record by gettin' d award or that d award fell off and broke. If it's d latter, then, hmm, that's some weird stuff. The award must be made of plastic or somebody did voodoo on him.
Re: Mobo Awards 2007. Best African Act - 2face Idibia by mrmetoo(m): 11:12pm On Oct 01, 2007
chiogo:

I don't get what y'all mean about "breaking" an award, u mean he broke a record by gettin' d award or that d award fell off and broke. If it's d latter, then, hmm, that's some weird stuff. The award must be made of plastic or somebody did voodoo on him.
it fell off and broke, lol

for the person that said they hate kennis for promoting him, is that not their job? how can we blast someone for doing their job and believe me, for all those that know and hear tuface's music abroad kennis absolutely didn't have anything to do with it because I personally have not seen any promo for tuface over here. So as far as his popularity internationally, his music got him there not kennis music. As far as am concerned considering the popularity tuface is gaining right now there are not doing enough
Re: Mobo Awards 2007. Best African Act - 2face Idibia by chiogo(f): 11:19pm On Oct 01, 2007
mr me too:

it fell off and broke, lol
for the person that said they hate kennis for promoting him, is that not their job? how can we blast someone for doing their job and believe me, for all those that know and hear tuface's music abroad kennis absolutely didn't have anything to do with it because I personally have not seen any promo for tuface over here. So as far as his popularity internationally, his music got him there not kennis music. As far as am concerned considering the popularity tuface is gaining right now there are not doing enough
lol, ok,now that's weird, what was it made of?? smiley. About this whole kenns thingy, i want to know if 2face is d only one under d record label?? i believe not, so why do people keep sayin' kennis did this and that for him. There're others under kennis but they're still in the same position they are. 2 face is just talented. pheww, am tired of sayin' dat. that's why i left d faze/2face albums topic. lol
Re: Mobo Awards 2007. Best African Act - 2face Idibia by yongbabe(f): 6:01am On Oct 02, 2007
@ mr me too

thanks, i will keep checking back.

and no kennis isn't promoting him over here, i am wink.
all they do is sit down n eat the money he makes*hiss*.
and its not that they r not doing enough, as far as i am concerned they r not doing anything!!!
Re: Mobo Awards 2007. Best African Act - 2face Idibia by eldee(m): 8:47am On Oct 02, 2007
no, we know its thier job, but they tend to do it so much that it really gets annoying, u need to see them on BEN
Re: Mobo Awards 2007. Best African Act - 2face Idibia by johnstin(m): 10:52am On Oct 02, 2007
my advice to tuface is that he should begin trophy handling training pronto at my agency.he needs it if he doesn't want to keep dropping things.anyone that knows him can tell refer him to me for immediate registration.
Re: Mobo Awards 2007. Best African Act - 2face Idibia by ronnieslimz(f): 2:26pm On Oct 02, 2007
tubaba. . nolele. . anyday, anytym!!! wink

i just luv dis guy sha kiss kiss cheesy
Re: Mobo Awards 2007. Best African Act - 2face Idibia by concrete: 6:57pm On Oct 02, 2007
LOL

the JOB of a record exec is to promote their artist

exactly what is wrong with that?

they may promote him in the UK/London but believe me, he gets ZERO promo in north america. his music and talent are what is getting him recognition here
Re: Mobo Awards 2007. Best African Act - 2face Idibia by eldee(m): 7:35pm On Oct 02, 2007
let's hope he doesn't go the eedris way.
Re: Mobo Awards 2007. Best African Act - 2face Idibia by ogtwice(m): 3:38pm On Oct 03, 2007
oyi-yeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 2baba! u are 2much jo!! don't border what about some pple sa, yes! i say! keep the fire burning!!!!!!!!! 4 u are god choosen! u are worth it! one luv!!! (texas) cool cool cool
Re: Mobo Awards 2007. Best African Act - 2face Idibia by mycc(f): 3:12pm On Oct 05, 2007
give it to TUFACE , it's all his. he deserves it and he is the pride of AFRICA.
Re: Mobo Awards 2007. Best African Act - 2face Idibia by omodada1: 6:12pm On Oct 05, 2007
i think its high time the guy get born-again! thieves are only collecting 10% from him. shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Mobo Awards 2007. Best African Act - 2face Idibia by eldee(m): 6:48pm On Oct 07, 2007
oh u mean tithes
Re: Mobo Awards 2007. Best African Act - 2face Idibia by pheesayor(m): 9:35pm On Oct 07, 2007
eldee:

oh u mean tithes

embarassed grin
Re: Mobo Awards 2007. Best African Act - 2face Idibia by eldee(m): 3:55pm On Oct 08, 2007
No matter how much u try u cannot get it all
u only do ur best because u no go fit do all
if u want to critisize me talk small small
u no holy pass my brother
Re: Mobo Awards 2007. Best African Act - 2face Idibia by Effa(m): 5:45pm On Oct 08, 2007
eldee let them know
it's kinda crazy to know that people do not wish him success. i mean those who said he does noit deserve the award.

anyway na una sabi
Re: Mobo Awards 2007. Best African Act - 2face Idibia by pheesayor(m): 12:03am On Oct 09, 2007
@effa, who doesn't wish him success? Dat boi just dey overrated joooooo. There are better acts
Re: Mobo Awards 2007. Best African Act - 2face Idibia by uchetobi(f): 10:43am On Oct 09, 2007
That is ur opinion and u r entitled 2 it. @face rocks
Re: Mobo Awards 2007. Best African Act - 2face Idibia by Effa(m): 12:43pm On Oct 09, 2007
Pheesayor tell Mobo tha not me ok
Mobo nominated him and he's fans voted him as the best ok
better go and vote for faze , you know what i mean
Channel o awards
Re: Mobo Awards 2007. Best African Act - 2face Idibia by sect(m): 9:57pm On Oct 09, 2007
2face doesnt deserve it,not with that album that conveys some crappy songs like for instance,one love,no shaking,ocho and my love all these songs are all craps.mobo didnt search deeply for their nominees and 2face already got popularity which is an added advantage to him,2face is overrated for christ sake.
Re: Mobo Awards 2007. Best African Act - 2face Idibia by mrmetoo(m): 11:36pm On Oct 09, 2007
sect:

2face doesnt deserve it,not with that album that conveys some crappy songs like for instance,one love,no shaking,ocho and my love all these songs are all craps.mobo didnt search deeply for their nominees and 2face already got popularity which is an added advantage to him,2face is overrated for christ sake.

You say he doesn't deserve it, I say he deserves it with millions of fans and awards to show, you say those songs are crappy, I say they're absolutely spectular songs including millions of fans with local and international music experts agreeing too. How did he gain popularity? I'm sure it wasn't by singing crappy songs. Anyway u're entitled to your own opinion unfortunately you and just few people share that view
Re: Mobo Awards 2007. Best African Act - 2face Idibia by Nobody: 12:05am On Oct 10, 2007
grin grin grin Tuface doesnot deserve it but i think I deserve it or maybe You grin
Re: Mobo Awards 2007. Best African Act - 2face Idibia by ronnieslimz(f): 9:31am On Oct 10, 2007
sect:

keep hating tongue. . he's o'erthere making his dow grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Top 5 Radio Stations In Nigeria: What Do You Think? / A Nairalander "Kuttie" Finally Drop His Debut Single Dikeh! / 2face Idibia Is He A Muslim Or Christian?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.