Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,575 members, 7,816,418 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:55 AM

Police Kill Two ESN Members In Enugu Raid - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Police Kill Two ESN Members In Enugu Raid (12674 Views)

Police Arrest Over 20 ESN Members, Including 7 Females In Imo (Photo) / Protesting Women Seal Hotel Harbouring Alleged ESN Members / Police Kill Several ‘IPOB/ESN’ Members, Overrun Three Camps In Imo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Police Kill Two ESN Members In Enugu Raid by adenigga(m): 12:38pm On Mar 31

The Enugu State Police Command has announced the killing of two members of the Eastern Security Network, a security outfit of the Indigenous People of Biafra during a raid on their camp.

A statement on Sunday by the command’s spokesman, DSP Daniel Ndukwe, indicated that one AK-47 rifle, one submachine gun, one stainless pump-action gun, 27 live and 23 expended rounds of 7.62 mm caliber ammunition were recovered after the raid.

Ndukwe said that the intelligence-guided raid was carried out by operatives of the command serving in Anti-Cultism Tactical Squad, on March 30, 2024, at about 2:30 a.m in their camp in Akwuke community, Enugu South Local Government Area of the state.

The statement said it was in pursuance of the Easter crime prevention strategies devised by the Commissioner of Police, Enugu State Command, CP Kanayo Uzuegbu.

“The operatives were, however, met with resistance from the renegades, who opened fire upon sighting them, but they were subdued by the superior firepower of the operatives,” the Ndukwe said.

“Two of the criminal elements were neutralised, while others escaped with varying degrees of gunshot wounds. One AK-47 rifle, one submachine gun (SMG), one stainless pump-action gun (PAG), 27 live and 23 expended rounds of 7.62 mm caliber ammunition were recovered after the raid.

“Also recovered are five live cartridges, and a small blue-colored Gideon New Testament bible used to conceal objects suspected to be charm.

“A preliminary investigation reveals that the breech number of the recovered AK-47 was wiped off and that the criminal elements are responsible for several attacks and carting away of police officers rifles, as the rifle’s magazine bore the Nigeria Police Force colour. Further discreet investigations are ongoing.

“Meanwhile, the Commissioner of Police, while commending the Operatives for the operational feat, has reaffirmed the Command’s unwavering commitment to rid Enugu State of unrepentant criminals.

“He, however, solicits the continued support of the citizenry, while urging them and owners of medical facilities, in particular, to report persons found with gunshot wounds to the police,” the statement noted.

Source: https://punchng.com/Police-kill-two-ESN-members-in-Enugu-raid

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Police Kill Two ESN Members In Enugu Raid by immortalcrown(m): 12:40pm On Mar 31
I think they use the identity of ESN to sensationalise every criminal or violent activity in the East. I think those people killed might be cultist or thieves, not ESN. I say this because the post lacks a convincing evidence that the people killed belonged to ESN. Not even a picture of the battle scene.

Only two members were killed. No wounded or apprehended member. Even the names of the killed ones are not mentioned in the post. No identity of ESN was allegedly found in the raided camp. So, how was it ascertained that the two people killed during the raid belonged to ESN?

48 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Police Kill Two ESN Members In Enugu Raid by Richtaiwo: 12:44pm On Mar 31
Excellent

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Police Kill Two ESN Members In Enugu Raid by CodeTemplar: 12:48pm On Mar 31
No pictures this time?

5 Likes

Re: Police Kill Two ESN Members In Enugu Raid by Paraman: 12:48pm On Mar 31
More news like this is needed. Death to all the terrorists.

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Police Kill Two ESN Members In Enugu Raid by illicit(m): 12:52pm On Mar 31
immortalcrown:
I think they use the identity of ESN to sensationalise every criminal or violent activity in the East. I think those people killed might be cultist or thieves, not ESN. I say this because the post lacks a convincing evidence that the people killed belonged to ESN.

Only two members were killed. No wounded or apprehended member. Even the names of the killed ones are not mentioned in the post. No identity of ESN was allegedly found in the raided camp. So, how was it ascertained that the two people killed during the raid belonged to ESN?

But how are they suppose to know the name of the dead suspects

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Police Kill Two ESN Members In Enugu Raid by immortalcrown(m): 12:54pm On Mar 31
illicit:
But how are they suppose to know the name of the dead suspects
The way they identified the dead as members of ESN.

40 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Police Kill Two ESN Members In Enugu Raid by Rantingpiglets: 1:34pm On Mar 31
Propaganda.

Have the police ever issued press statements in the killing of FULANI Herdsmen?

Any let Propaganda continue and those whose OBAs were killed by FULANI kids will keep being foolish.

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Police Kill Two ESN Members In Enugu Raid by Rantingpiglets: 1:36pm On Mar 31
FULANI Herdsmen killed YORUBA OBAs.. when are you re-electing another OBA that FULANI will kill again? grin

Paraman:
More news like this is needed. Death to all the terrorists.

11 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Police Kill Two ESN Members In Enugu Raid by paramakina202: 1:46pm On Mar 31
immortalcrown:
I think they use the identity of ESN to sensationalise every criminal or violent activity in the East. I think those people killed might be cultist or thieves, not ESN. I say this because the post lacks a convincing evidence that the people killed belonged to ESN.

Do you have any evidence the dead criminals are not ESN?

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Police Kill Two ESN Members In Enugu Raid by ATEAMS: 1:46pm On Mar 31
Chai
Re: Police Kill Two ESN Members In Enugu Raid by immortalcrown(m): 1:49pm On Mar 31
paramakina202:
No. But do you have any evidence to show that the dead were members of ESN?

In fact, do you have any evidence that the raid happened?

7 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Police Kill Two ESN Members In Enugu Raid by Bookhub: 1:49pm On Mar 31
Fake news

Nigerian forces I know like to display body of slain ESN members for media show.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Police Kill Two ESN Members In Enugu Raid by eliwa47(m): 1:50pm On Mar 31
Hmmm!!!
Re: Police Kill Two ESN Members In Enugu Raid by Fash20: 1:50pm On Mar 31
Lol.

I can see some are not happy.

But if it was police that were killed they will be jubilating na wa oo

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Police Kill Two ESN Members In Enugu Raid by Pgirigory: 1:52pm On Mar 31
bbb
Re: Police Kill Two ESN Members In Enugu Raid by Lovenorth: 1:52pm On Mar 31
Nice move
Re: Police Kill Two ESN Members In Enugu Raid by chiagozien(m): 1:54pm On Mar 31
immortalcrown:

Any criminal in East is now ESN grin grin

No criminal in east before formation of ESN grin that's zoo for you

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Police Kill Two ESN Members In Enugu Raid by Pgirigory: 1:54pm On Mar 31
Rantingpiglets:
FULANI Herdsmen killed YORUBA OBAs.. when are you re-electing another OBA that FULANI will kill again? grin

12 Likes

Re: Police Kill Two ESN Members In Enugu Raid by gidgiddy: 1:59pm On Mar 31
paramakina202:

Do you have any evidence that this even happened?

The security forces are smart, they know that there are many Nigerians will believe whatever they are told

Dish out any statement, claim you "neutralised" whatever, and what Nigerians hail

ESN has said many times that they have no camps anywhere. So all the story people have heard about camps being bursted have all be propaganda

6 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Police Kill Two ESN Members In Enugu Raid by Honestey: 2:00pm On Mar 31
No rest for terrorists, it's a renewed hope for everyone. Kill them all, let their commander leave Finland com show face if hin papa born am. God bless NPF

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Police Kill Two ESN Members In Enugu Raid by Praying4Nigeria: 2:00pm On Mar 31
Lovenorth:
Nice move
Don't say that pls. The Colonial Masters are the "behind the scene hands" that have for Centuries Programmed African Tribes against one another.
They partnered with Satan for worldwide deception. brainwashed us to see all theirs as stainless and faultless even as they further destroy the Love and Trust that Humanity generally has for our CREATOR. We now know that they don't Love CREATOR of Humanity as half as we Africans do, or how come the demonic bisexual idol worshipping President dared to Announce the change of Easter Sunday to now be Official Day of Satanic LGBT Day.

Many Christians have not researched why non of us has done Greater Miracles than our Saviour that Promised we shall do. It is by infinite Mercy that Our Prayers are Answered in Jesus Name because HE looks into our Heart and not our physical words.
Just to reduce the Power of Christianity, they reduced Scripture from 87 Books to 66 Books, they changed Image of AHAYASHA YASHAYA (that they renamed JESUS) to Blue-eyed European Man that now hangs in Churches, they changed the True Name of our CREATOR to Tetragrammaton whereas CREATOR of Humanity told us HIS Name from HIS Own Mouth in the Scripture. Those that want to become Powerful as the Apostles of JESUS' Time should see the Complete Truth: https://ahayasha..com/2023/11/the-true-original-hebrew-name-of-jesus.html?m=1

https://www.nairaland.com/8047417/accusers-tb-joshua-now-aggrieved

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Police Kill Two ESN Members In Enugu Raid by gidgiddy: 2:01pm On Mar 31
Rantingpiglets:
Propaganda.

Have the police ever issued press statements in the killing of FULANI Herdsmen?

Any let Propaganda continue and those whose OBAs were killed by FULANI kids will keep being foolish.

Armed Fulani herdsmen are slaughtering Nigerians in all 6 geopolitical zones in Nigeria, but even in 200 years you will never hear any statement saying killed herdsmen have been "neutralised"

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Police Kill Two ESN Members In Enugu Raid by RecentHistory: 2:01pm On Mar 31
Killed two Obidients

2 Likes

Re: Police Kill Two ESN Members In Enugu Raid by Zeezenho: 2:02pm On Mar 31
My question is why is police interested in killing people providing security in the forest. Maybe there is something we should know

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Police Kill Two ESN Members In Enugu Raid by omoredia: 2:03pm On Mar 31
If una see real terrorists una go give them bags of rice and grant them amnesty. Deceivers and jokers!

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Police Kill Two ESN Members In Enugu Raid by waternogetememy: 2:05pm On Mar 31
AFTER THAT GET READY TO BURY THE POLICE MEN THAT WILL FOLLOW THOSE TWO.

U KNOW THEY WILL SURELY GET U.

TODAY, TOMORROW, NEXT WEEK, NEXT MONTH OR YEAR.

WHEN U FORGET THEY WILL STRIKE.

2 Likes

Re: Police Kill Two ESN Members In Enugu Raid by Bbgbs23: 2:05pm On Mar 31
omoredia:
If una see real terrorists una go give them bags of rice and grant them amnesty. Deceivers and jokers!

2 Likes

Re: Police Kill Two ESN Members In Enugu Raid by superCleanworks(m): 2:07pm On Mar 31
Kill them all. No Prisoners.

1 Like

Re: Police Kill Two ESN Members In Enugu Raid by udemzyudex(m): 2:10pm On Mar 31
Dem dey kill each other.
Re: Police Kill Two ESN Members In Enugu Raid by YourKarma: 2:13pm On Mar 31
Any criminal killed or captured in the east is automatically ESN or IPOB like there has never been criminals even before the formation of esn.
Petty thieves, cultists, armed robbers...... everybody don become ESN.

Funny lots

2 Likes

Re: Police Kill Two ESN Members In Enugu Raid by santaclaws: 2:14pm On Mar 31
immortalcrown:

When you're tired of typing, go to the east and teach the police how to do their job. 🙄

When ESN members kill NPF officers (which happens frequently) most of you are low-key happy that the "zoo police" are being killed by your fellow IPOB brothers, but when the Police hunts them down, you turn into scribes, writing so many jargons online as if you don't know they're murderers.

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

"President Buhari, VP Osinbajo Care Less About Re-election" - Ismaeel Ahmed / Emulate Jonathan, Congratulate Buhari, Tony Momoh Tells Atiku / Reps Panel ‘uncovers’ $995m FG Funds Outside TSA

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.