Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,817,999 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:06 AM

Bandits Disrupt Prayer At Zamfara Mosque, Abduct Worshipers - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Bandits Disrupt Prayer At Zamfara Mosque, Abduct Worshipers (398 Views)

President Tinubu Observe Eid Prayer At Dodan Barracks Lagos. Photos and video / Military Jets Bombard Bello Turji’s Residence At Zamfara Forest, Scores Killed / Bandits Kill 22 At Zamfara Gold Mine (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bandits Disrupt Prayer At Zamfara Mosque, Abduct Worshipers by ogododo: 10:02am On Apr 02
Bandits, on Tuesday, attacked a mosque in Gusau, capital of Zamfara state, and abducted scores of worshippers.

Daily Trust learnt that the attack was carried out when Muslim faithful were observing the famous congregational prayer, Tahajjud.

Tahajjud is special prayer being observed by Muslims in every last 10 days of the Holy Month of Ramadan.

Details later…

https://dailytrust.com/breaking-bandits-disrupt-prayer-at-zamfara-mosque-abduct-worshipers/
Re: Bandits Disrupt Prayer At Zamfara Mosque, Abduct Worshipers by Pasako(m): 10:06am On Apr 02
ogododo:
Bandits, on Tuesday, attacked a mosque in Gusau, capital of Zamfara state, and abducted scores of worshippers.

Daily Trust learnt that the attack was carried out when Muslim faithful were observing the famous congregational prayer, Tahajjud.

Tahajjud is special prayer being observed by Muslims in every last 10 days of the Holy Month of Ramadan.

Details later…

https://dailytrust.com/breaking-bandits-disrupt-prayer-at-zamfara-mosque-abduct-worshipers/
Back in those days, worship centers are safe place to go in Time of war,

But these days they are the most vunerable to attacks
Re: Bandits Disrupt Prayer At Zamfara Mosque, Abduct Worshipers by SmartPolician: 10:09am On Apr 02
These terrorists are getting bolder every day.

It's terribly disturbing that nobody is safe in this country anymore,

1 Like

Re: Bandits Disrupt Prayer At Zamfara Mosque, Abduct Worshipers by Natbrowny: 10:10am On Apr 02
Monsters they created coming from the zone that has always lived in denial

Mention Druggies... North will deny having them amongst them sefs
Mention idol worshippers. North will deny
Mention homos. North will deny
Mention touts.... North will deny
Mention ungodly practices.... North will deny
Mention corrupt politicians...North will deny.

Holiness wan kill them. All audio

They denied having kidnappers and Bandits. How did that turn out.

4 Likes

Re: Bandits Disrupt Prayer At Zamfara Mosque, Abduct Worshipers by danijesus(m): 10:14am On Apr 02
Family matter
Re: Bandits Disrupt Prayer At Zamfara Mosque, Abduct Worshipers by tollyboy5(m): 10:18am On Apr 02
Will I say these terrorist are getting bolder or getting more desperate.
The same state we read some bandit has been killed recently.

I think the bandits are trying to come out in full force to frustrate the Nigeria army.

The army should take no hostage and pass immediate judgement when they see those bandit.
Re: Bandits Disrupt Prayer At Zamfara Mosque, Abduct Worshipers by Lavor234: 10:22am On Apr 02
After dem don share rice finish for them. Nigeria needs to stop appeasing it's crocodile.. What do I know. This unfortunately has come to stay until the Boomer generation dies out.
Re: Bandits Disrupt Prayer At Zamfara Mosque, Abduct Worshipers by Ozommadu: 12:05pm On Apr 02
Natbrowny:
Monsters they created coming from the zone that has always lived in denial

Mention Druggies... North will deny having them amongst them sefs
Mention idol worshippers. North will deny
Mention homos. North will deny
Mention touts.... North will deny
Mention ungodly practices.... North will deny
Mention corrupt politicians...North will deny.

Holiness wan kill them. All audio

They denied having kidnappers and Bandits. How did that turn out.

Monsters they created in conjunction with Tinupoo...don't forget that.

The boko haram boss is still Tinupoo's vice, so they know themselves.

1 Like

Re: Bandits Disrupt Prayer At Zamfara Mosque, Abduct Worshipers by ogododo: 9:32pm On Apr 02
Nawa o, Nlfpmod.
Re: Bandits Disrupt Prayer At Zamfara Mosque, Abduct Worshipers by ogododo: 9:33pm On Apr 02
Pasako:

Back in those days, worship centers are safe place to go in Time of war,

But these days they are the most vunerable to attacks
Na so we see am.
Re: Bandits Disrupt Prayer At Zamfara Mosque, Abduct Worshipers by seunmsg(m): 9:49pm On Apr 02
We actually need to amend the constitution to provide for a full state of emergency in which the governor and all members of the state assembly will be removed for a six month period if they can’t maintain peace and security in their state.

The nonsense happening in Zamfara and some NW states is enough. Abducting your people either for money or politics is nonsense and should no longer be tolerated.

1 Like

Re: Bandits Disrupt Prayer At Zamfara Mosque, Abduct Worshipers by Celebrityblog: 8:45am On Apr 03
ogododo:
Nawa o, Nlfpmod.

Lol. You will post a breaking news, you will not mention the super mod Nlfpmod immediately but after the story becomes stale, like the next Day, you will then mention him.

Try and be mentioning him after posting not hours when the story is stale. U get?
Re: Bandits Disrupt Prayer At Zamfara Mosque, Abduct Worshipers by Bendeco2020: 8:53am On Apr 03
grin
So it has reached the level of abducting worshipers.

The religious bigots sympatising with some of these guys will now understand that terrorist have no friend.
Re: Bandits Disrupt Prayer At Zamfara Mosque, Abduct Worshipers by successmatters(m): 8:54am On Apr 03
seunmsg:
We actually need to amend the constitution to provide for a full state of emergency in which the governor and all members of the state assembly will be removed for a six month period if they can’t maintain peace and security in their state.

The nonsense happening in Zamfara and some NW states is enough. Abducting your people either for money or politics is nonsense and should no longer be tolerated.

State governors should have their own police for the state, all these Federal control has never worked for a single day, they could be slaughtering your while village while the IG is locked in a meeting with ashewo girls and network won't even allow anyone know.

Empower the locals the defend themselves.
Re: Bandits Disrupt Prayer At Zamfara Mosque, Abduct Worshipers by Seefinish: 9:23am On Apr 03
The most funniest thing is that if Army should arrest those bandits, the FG will release them as repented bandits
Re: Bandits Disrupt Prayer At Zamfara Mosque, Abduct Worshipers by Brendaniel: 9:34am On Apr 03
seunmsg:

When OBJ was doing it, you people(his own people) called him a tyrant and all sort of names because he was fighting corrupt and incompetent governors, some of you till date still abuse him for doing that, now you want them to return it.

Because you've seen it was better for Nigeria after the damage has been done

Re: Bandits Disrupt Prayer At Zamfara Mosque, Abduct Worshipers by ogododo: 9:35am On Apr 03
Celebrityblog:

Lol. You will post a breaking news, you will not mention the super mod Nlfpmod immediately but after the story becomes stale, like the next Day, you will then mention him.

Try and be mentioning him after posting not hours when the story is stale. U get?

Naso.
Re: Bandits Disrupt Prayer At Zamfara Mosque, Abduct Worshipers by Brendaniel: 9:48am On Apr 03
successmatters:

State governors should have their own police for the state, all these Federal control has never worked for a single day, they could be slaughtering your while village while the IG is locked in a meeting with ashewo girls and network won't even allow anyone know.

State Police cannot really work in Nigeria with the current structure, the cost of running police is not like running Amotekun, also a lot of states in Nigeria might not be able to run it.

If some states are struggling to pay minimum wage, is it now police that wear uniforms, buy AK-47, pistols, tear gas, bullet proof, bullets, vehicles, emergency control centers and so on that will find it easy to fund the police?

The only way I feel it will work is if states are given full or at least 80 percent control of their resources, that way they will have no excuse to fund the police, however some states(though a few) might still struggle.

But that will make every state more productive because they will stop running to Abuja and they will not be able to pass any blame to the FG.

The problem now is would the FG and the senate agree for such, because you will be removing the spoon they have been using to feed from their mouth.

That is why I don't believe Tinubu and this present administration is serious about the state police thing, I just believe they are using it to buy time to decieve people that they are doing something to help the insecurity, me personally I feel they know it will not work without doing restructuring which they will not want, so they just want to keep playing the people till their tenure finishes.
Re: Bandits Disrupt Prayer At Zamfara Mosque, Abduct Worshipers by keymatt(m): 9:57am On Apr 03
The monsters they created is now coming for their heads. No be Zamfara state pioneered the first Sharia law in Nigeria How is the state faring today Has it become like Dubai or Saudi Arabia Yeye dey smell.
They'll soon annihilate themselves.
Re: Bandits Disrupt Prayer At Zamfara Mosque, Abduct Worshipers by seunmsg(m): 10:51am On Apr 03
successmatters:

I’m an advocate of state police. It is inevitable. I’m n addition, the constitution needs to be amended to remove governors who have lost control of security situation in their states.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Bandits Disrupt Prayer At Zamfara Mosque, Abduct Worshipers by successmatters(m): 10:55am On Apr 03
seunmsg:

I’m an advocate of state police. It is inevitable. I’m n addition, the constitution needs to be amended to remove governors who have lost control of security situation in their states.

Is there anyway state governments can lose control of security in their states if they control the process? I don't think so. Let the state police provisions be approved and let it start working, then we can talk about those who cannot secure their states by themselves.
Re: Bandits Disrupt Prayer At Zamfara Mosque, Abduct Worshipers by seunmsg(m): 11:06am On Apr 03
successmatters:

Is there anyway state governments can lose control of security in their states if they control the process? I don't think so. Let the state police provisions be approved and let it start working, then we can talk about those who cannot secure their states by themselves.

Maybe you want to be arguing for argument sake so I won’t respond further to you. My opinion is as clear as daylight. The insecurity in some parts of the north is politically targeted at Mr. President. State police or not, desperate politicians who want to cause mischief will have their way. It is now left for the country to react. If serious sanctions are now put in place to sanction these unscrupulous elites, they will keep creating problems for a president that is not from their region.

Btw, the same northern elites are the stumbling block to state police. And without the support of majority of NASS members and 24 state houses of assembly, state police can’t be created.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

The Power Of Thoughts / President Goodluck Jonathan Independence Day Live On TV And Radio / Nigeria @ 53, Your Thoughts And Views

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.