Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,345 members, 7,864,631 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 10:23 PM

Is It Right To Say That God Gave Man Dominion Over Woman? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is It Right To Say That God Gave Man Dominion Over Woman? (772 Views)

If God Gave You Same Blank Cheque As King Solomon, What Would You Fill? / What Experience Have You Had That Made You Believe That God Is Real? / Woman Crashes Car After Hitting A Pole While Trying To Show That God Is Real (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Right To Say That God Gave Man Dominion Over Woman? by truespeak: 9:42pm On Apr 04
Steep:
God does not use just anyone, sorry he is true to his word. When it comes to being a pastor or bishop there are requirements.

You know the anyone I mean so this is totally unnecessary.
Re: Is It Right To Say That God Gave Man Dominion Over Woman? by Steep(m): 9:43pm On Apr 04
truespeak:

You know the anyone I mean so this is totally unnecessary.
changing and twisting words so fast. Hahaha so anyone is no longer anyone?
Re: Is It Right To Say That God Gave Man Dominion Over Woman? by truespeak: 9:52pm On Apr 04
Steep:

Na wa, is this how you are? I have been civil to you, now you have been going off point and changing posts even your last post was a change of post and off point, not the issue yet I indulged you for I thought you honourable.

And I know you know the anyone I was referring to as every Christian knows and as such would not raise what you just raised, for it is ridiculous and downright stupid and now you accuse me falsely and wrongly.

For where is the twist in pointing what every learner Christian knows.

Wow! No difference between you and the atheists who do this.
Re: Is It Right To Say That God Gave Man Dominion Over Woman? by Kobojunkie: 10:00pm On Apr 04
truespeak:
■ Yet we see women complain everyday about being under the curse and hating men for being over them.
■ I know you kobo, so I know your arguments. This is not for you but for the young Undefiled Woman.
■ The only woman I have seen beat it is one who is righteous and men even complain about her. Know ye all women, righteousness is the way. Forsake not the guide of your youth nor the covenant of thy God.
1. That would be because everyone born from Adam is born under the curse of God in Genesis 3 vs 16 - 24. However, then curse of submission in marriage and the curse of childbearing exist only on women who choose marriage and or childbearing. undecided

2. Undefiled women? Are you for real? God never said "undefiled" women are not under the curse. Wherever you folks keep getting these ideas from, it is alien to Scripture. undecided

3. Righteous Mary, mother of Jesus Christ, the sinless man that ever existed, did not beat the curse, but you know another woman that was able to beat it as a result of what you perceive as righteousness? 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
Re: Is It Right To Say That God Gave Man Dominion Over Woman? by Steep(m): 10:03pm On Apr 04
truespeak:

Na wa, is this how you are? I have been civil to you, now you have been going off point and changing posts even your last post was a change of post and off point, not the issue yet I indulged you for I thought you honourable.

And I know you know the anyone I was referring to as every Christian knows and as such would not raise what you just raised, for it is ridiculous and downright stupid and now you accuse me falsely and wrongly.

For where is the twist in pointing what every learner Christian knows.

Wow! No difference between you and the atheists who do this.
I spoke the truth, when you said God can use "anyone" how do you now change the meaning of "anyone"?
No every learner Christian does not know what you mean by "anyone"?
There are guidelines on choosing an elder or bishop in the church not just anyone one can become an elder or a pastor.
Don't get me wrong I don't think a woman can never ever be a leader in church but not over a man. The role is primarily for men and a man should never be side stepped for a woman that is what Paul meant by usurped authority over a man.
Re: Is It Right To Say That God Gave Man Dominion Over Woman? by truespeak: 10:05pm On Apr 04
Kobojunkie:
1. That would be because everyone born from Adam is born under the curse of God in Genesis 3 vs 16 - 24. However, then curse of submission in marriage and the curse of childbearing exist only on women who choose marriage and or childbearing. undecided

2. Undefiled women? Are you for real? God never said "undefiled" women are not under the curse. Wherever you folks keep getting these ideas from, it is alien to Scripture. undecided

3. Righteous Mary, mother of Jesus Christ, the sinless man that ever existed, did not beat the curse, but you know another woman that was able to beat it as a result of what you perceive as righteousness? 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Repeating yourself is no counter. As I said I speak not to you but to women. They know what I say is true and that is all that matters.

You have always being a Devil, standing against truth, so I expect nothing less from you.
Re: Is It Right To Say That God Gave Man Dominion Over Woman? by truespeak: 10:10pm On Apr 04
Steep:
I spoke the truth, when you said God can use "anyone" how do you now change the meaning of "anyone"?
There are guidelines on choosing an elder or bishop in the church not just anyone one can become an elder or a pastor.
Don't get me wrong I don't think a woman can never ever be a leader in church but the role is primarily for men and a qualified man should never be side stepped for a woman that is what Paul meant by usurped.

I changed nothing and you know it!

You are simply hitting your head on the rock of truth and since you can not counter you cheaply resorted to false accusations.

Any who God has qualified is qualified! Be it man or woman.

Shikena!
Re: Is It Right To Say That God Gave Man Dominion Over Woman? by Kobojunkie: 10:12pm On Apr 04
Blakjewelry:
■ Why was it stated that women shouldn't speak in church according to Corinthians 14:34–35.
Abi you want make begin bring tons version to show you that women are relegated to the background?
That was Paul's personal view of the Old Law of Moses, and the gathering he said about was more a general meeting of Israelites/Jewish brethren than it was a localized gathering of only believers in Jesus Christ. However, his other letters, particularly his letter to Timothy make clear that Paul may have held sexist views which directly contradicted the teachings of Jesus Christ, at some point. undecided
Re: Is It Right To Say That God Gave Man Dominion Over Woman? by Steep(m): 10:16pm On Apr 04
truespeak:

I changed nothing and you know it!

You are simply hitting your head on the rock of truth and since you can not counter you cheaply resorted to false accusations.

Any who God has qualified is qualified! Be it man or woman.

Shikena!
you are the one splitting your head over truth twisting and changing meaning of words.
Re: Is It Right To Say That God Gave Man Dominion Over Woman? by Aemmyjah(m): 10:18pm On Apr 04
God only gave man dominion over animals and vegetation
Re: Is It Right To Say That God Gave Man Dominion Over Woman? by truespeak: 10:20pm On Apr 04
Steep:
you are the one splitting your head over truth twisting and changing meaning of words.

Thank God everyone sees you have been the one twisting and turning and off pointing and deviating all the way grin.

While I have kept to the issue at hand.

So you are guilty of all of these and false accusations and lying and bearing false witness against your neighbour yet you call your self a Christian.

Shame on you!
Re: Is It Right To Say That God Gave Man Dominion Over Woman? by Steep(m): 10:25pm On Apr 04
truespeak:

Thank God everyone sees you have been the one twisting and turning and off pointing and deviating all the way grin.

While I have kept to the issue at hand.

So you are guilty of all of these and false accusations and lying and bearing false witness against your neighbour yet you call your self a Christian.

Shame on you!
where is the false witness? go and sleep, you know what you did, be truthful.
Re: Is It Right To Say That God Gave Man Dominion Over Woman? by truespeak: 10:27pm On Apr 04
Steep:
where is the false witness, go and sleep, you know what you did, be truthful.

Thank God it is up there for all to see!

Shame, Shame on you.
Re: Is It Right To Say That God Gave Man Dominion Over Woman? by Veecruz: 10:45pm On Apr 04
Steep:
if a woman is righteous she would know that she ought to submit to the leadership of her husband..

If a woman is righteous, and her husband is equally righteous, then "The Law of Submit ye one to another" will be in full effect.

But if she is righteouser than her husband, her husband will submit to her. And knowing this would happen is why 99% of men run away from a woman who is righteous.

Or the most common thing is that they try and force her to make the mistake of dropping her up-rightness, so that they can be higher and better than her.
Re: Is It Right To Say That God Gave Man Dominion Over Woman? by Veecruz: 10:46pm On Apr 04
Kobojunkie:
Adam was not given dominion over his wife. Rather, he was cursed to rule over her in marriage only, ..

To rule over another na curse? Is there any madness that you cannot utter?
Re: Is It Right To Say That God Gave Man Dominion Over Woman? by Veecruz: 10:53pm On Apr 04
Steep:

Stop pretending. You knew what he meant.
Re: Is It Right To Say That God Gave Man Dominion Over Woman? by Veecruz: 10:58pm On Apr 04
Steep:
Don't get me wrong I don't think a woman can never ever be a leader in church but not over a man. The role is primarily for men and a man should never be side stepped for a woman that is what Paul meant by usurped authority over a man.

Ahan na! Truespeak did not mention anything about bishop, elder and pastor, it was you who tried narrowing it to these people.
Re: Is It Right To Say That God Gave Man Dominion Over Woman? by Steep(m): 11:11pm On Apr 04
Veecruz:

If a woman is righteous, and her husband is equally righteous, then "The Law of Submit ye one to another" will be in full effect.

But if she is righteouser than her husband, her husband will submit to her. And knowing this would happen is why 99% of men run away from a woman who is righteous.

Or the most common thing is that they try and force her to make the mistake of dropping her up-rightness, so that they can be higher and better than her.

you are deluded.
Re: Is It Right To Say That God Gave Man Dominion Over Woman? by Steep(m): 11:13pm On Apr 04
Veecruz:

Stop pretending. You knew what he meant.
ok explain what he meant.
Re: Is It Right To Say That God Gave Man Dominion Over Woman? by Steep(m): 11:15pm On Apr 04
Veecruz:

Ahan na! Truespeak did not mention anything about bishop, elder and pastor, it was you who tried narrowing it to these people.
So what were we discussing?
Re: Is It Right To Say That God Gave Man Dominion Over Woman? by Veecruz: 11:27pm On Apr 04
Steep:
what was the topic again? Was it not about leadership in church and home?

Nope.

It is about leadership/oppression of women as done by the man in that position of leader, which includes everyone who leads whether king or bishop or coach or husband or wife who is the leader.
Re: Is It Right To Say That God Gave Man Dominion Over Woman? by Veecruz: 11:30pm On Apr 04
Steep:
ok explain what he meant.

I had the inteepretation of anyone qualified to be used by God eg like God used Samuel even ad a child, same as He used Deborah, and same as He used Moses.
Re: Is It Right To Say That God Gave Man Dominion Over Woman? by Steep(m): 5:49am On Apr 05
Veecruz:

Nope.

It is about leadership/oppression of women as done by the man in that position of leader, which includes everyone who leads whether king or bishop or coach or husband or wife who is the leader.
see how you are dribbling yourself. Confused one.
Re: Is It Right To Say That God Gave Man Dominion Over Woman? by Steep(m): 5:50am On Apr 05
Veecruz:

I had the inteepretation of anyone qualified to be used by God eg like God used Samuel even ad a child, same as He used Deborah, and same as He used Moses.
see your life now, so it is now God can use anyone qualified, no longer God can use anyone. You guys are bunch of liars.
you are confused as truespeak.
Re: Is It Right To Say That God Gave Man Dominion Over Woman? by Veecruz: 8:37am On Apr 05
Steep:
see your life now, so it is now God can use anyone qualified, no longer God can use anyone. You guys are bunch of liars.
you are confused as truespeak.

Wow, you have become a serpent and atheist playing in the darkness of ambiguity, whereas everyone knows that God can use anyone or thing https://www.nairaland.com/7653054/god-use-anything-anyone-bless#122513019

And God won't just use anyone as proven by His Laws eg it is only the Levites who enter into His Sanctuary to do His Service and not just anyone.

You have become an evil and you already know what happens to people who become evil.

And I see now it is you Jesusjnr or so was referring to when he was saying that some people believe in Paul even over and above Jesus Christ because you are a devil

God can never be deceived no devil can ever escape His Wrath
Re: Is It Right To Say That God Gave Man Dominion Over Woman? by Veecruz: 8:57am On Apr 05
Steep:
see how you are dribbling yourself. Confused one.

See how you are dribbling yourself because you now see that you are a liar and a devil for the topic is clearly posted om the header and introductory post. But because you are a devil you started seeing what you wanted to see.

Cursed are you and you shall die in your evils.
Re: Is It Right To Say That God Gave Man Dominion Over Woman? by Steep(m): 9:39am On Apr 05
Veecruz:

Wow, you have become a serpent and atheist playing in the darkness of ambiguity, whereas everyone knows that God can use anyone or thing https://www.nairaland.com/7653054/god-use-anything-anyone-bless#122513019

And God won't just use anyone as proven by His Laws eg it is only the Levites who enter into His Sanctuary to do His Service and not just anyone.

You have become an evil and you already know what happens to people who become evil.

And I see now it is you Jesusjnr or so was referring to when he was saying that some people believe in Paul even over and above Jesus Christ because you are a devil

God can never be deceived no devil can ever escape His Wrath

smh.
Re: Is It Right To Say That God Gave Man Dominion Over Woman? by Steep(m): 9:41am On Apr 05
Veecruz:

See how you are dribbling yourself because you now see that you are a liar and a devil for the topic is clearly posted om the header and introductory post. But because you are a devil you started seeing what you wanted to see.

Cursed are you and you shall die in your evils.
I pray God open your eyes and forgive you.
Re: Is It Right To Say That God Gave Man Dominion Over Woman? by Veecruz: 11:43am On Apr 05
Steep:
I pray God open your eyes and forgive you.

He will.

But i dont know what to pray for you for you sound like one who God cut off like Esau, Saul,Solomon, Judas iscariot etc and clearly i can see that it is because God has seen that you are unrepentantly wicked and very evil.
Re: Is It Right To Say That God Gave Man Dominion Over Woman? by Image123(m): 11:49am On Apr 05
Women are created as weaker vessels. A human being is not biblically expected to exercise dominion over another human being but over other creatures, living and nonliving. That's different from family order where in YOUR family, the man is the head of the family, and the parents are head of the children.

1 Like

Re: Is It Right To Say That God Gave Man Dominion Over Woman? by Veecruz: 1:11pm On Apr 05
Image123:
Women are created as weaker vessels...

Wrong.

Genesis, did not show that they were created to weaker. Rather it shows that they were creaated almost the same with even "strong" man supplying a part of his strong self.

So, she might have been stronger even for she had 2 or 3 strong and powerfull contributions to her making whereas man had only 1 or 2.

Modified!

You have just helped me complete this issue for i.have been perceiving something here but i could not unlock it till now.

THIS EXPLAINS WHY GOD IS VERY VERY ANGRY.WITH WOMAN AND HE HAS NEVER FORGIVEN HER FOR HER BETRAYAL IN GENESIS

FOR HE MADE HER BETTER THAN A MAN

That is why men are always looking to be better than women.

That is why men are always trying to bring a woman down lower than himself.

Thats why women look at we men in.a certain way and just smile and shrug it out.
Re: Is It Right To Say That God Gave Man Dominion Over Woman? by Veecruz: 1:36pm On Apr 05
Thats why male Adam blamed her.

That's why God understood for male Adam and did not punish him so so much.

That's why God punished woman so so much that He did not even conclude and end her case and punishment. He just adjourned her case sine die.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How Is One Justified? By Works (laws) Alone Or By Faith Alone? / These Bible Passages / ss

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.