Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,738 members, 7,831,346 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 05:26 PM

Are You Willing To Pay N178,000 Monthly For A 24-hour Electricity Supply? - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Are You Willing To Pay N178,000 Monthly For A 24-hour Electricity Supply? (51603 Views)

Can N15 Trillion Give Nigeria 24-hour Electricity / Nigerians Mock James Momoh Over 'Dream About 24-Hour Electricity In Nigeria' / Nigerians To Get 18-Hour Electricity Supply Soon – Sale Mamman, Power Minister (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Are You Willing To Pay N178,000 Monthly For A 24-hour Electricity Supply? by CrossRhodes: 1:33am On Apr 04
jaxxy:
Dubai didn't become what it is by creating hardship for its people.
Hmmm
The caliphate didn't ask people to endure ooo
Re: Are You Willing To Pay N178,000 Monthly For A 24-hour Electricity Supply? by xexofe1741(m): 1:34am On Apr 04
Which way najia
Re: Are You Willing To Pay N178,000 Monthly For A 24-hour Electricity Supply? by bionixs: 1:35am On Apr 04
Zxcvbnmghtr:
The increase in tarrif is very welcome. I was very glad when I heard the news. As for me, I am more than ready to pay. I hope is that the keep their end of the bargain, no disappointment 24/7 supply of electricity.
bloody poor hypocrite
Re: Are You Willing To Pay N178,000 Monthly For A 24-hour Electricity Supply? by bionixs: 1:38am On Apr 04
jmoore:

The question is for those that pay bills by themselves.
that lazy clown you quoted is being fed by either his poor parents or a woman
Re: Are You Willing To Pay N178,000 Monthly For A 24-hour Electricity Supply? by Xiaohei(m): 1:39am On Apr 04
mrvitalis:

I have always said it here, Nigerians that can afford 24 hours electricity already have it

There is no one that wants electricity 24/7 that can't get them

Nigerians want the impossible which is free/cheap and steady electricity... [b]Electricity is luxury
and we are too poor for it right now

We don't need electricity for development

There is absolutely no company you can start only when you have electricity 24/7 that u can't start now [/b]

Electricity is luxury? I give up on some Nigerians oooo! Jesu! No wonder Nigerian govt dey use Nigerians dey play kalokalo! Because people have become accustomed to suffering so much so that the most basic things in life are considered luxury by them. Haba!

3 Likes

Re: Are You Willing To Pay N178,000 Monthly For A 24-hour Electricity Supply? by faceland: 1:50am On Apr 04
NO!

I simply can't afford it. Already spend too much on transportation. How much is house rent?

May be if it is high, I can self-regulate according to my wallet (like remove fuse while going to work, but to spend the full 200k a month just for power? No way!). Solar option instead.
Re: Are You Willing To Pay N178,000 Monthly For A 24-hour Electricity Supply? by faceland: 1:56am On Apr 04
mrvitalis:

I have always said it here, Nigerians that can afford 24 hours electricity already have it

There is no one that wants electricity 24/7 that can't get them

Nigerians want the impossible which is free/cheap and steady electricity... Electricity is luxury and we are too poor for it right now

We don't need electricity for development

There is absolutely no company you can start only when you have electricity 24/7 that u can't start now

Same can be said for water, good road, rapid police/emergency response... Just do it yourself by paying a few extra millions... But still pay your tax!!! What is the use of the oil rich Nigerian government?

If Nigerians want, they can have 10 qualified doctors by their bedside (but have to pay), they can have 100 soldiers protecting one person (but he has to pay). Can have civil servants do their job fast and efficiently (but has to pay).
Re: Are You Willing To Pay N178,000 Monthly For A 24-hour Electricity Supply? by yemre: 1:56am On Apr 04
No wahala, of course we can pay the same electricity rate as that of US. Just pay the same wages the US is paying and make electricity rate the same percentage of the minimum wage, we will gladly pay.

As for those of you comparing Nigerian economy and facilities with that of US, I have no word for you.

Also remember that there are some other benefits the US citizens are benefitting that are not applicable here.

Do the maths.

Peace!
Re: Are You Willing To Pay N178,000 Monthly For A 24-hour Electricity Supply? by jikins(m): 1:59am On Apr 04
Angelfrost:

How much is the minimum wage in that EU?

What is the state of security??!

How is the business environment??!

What is the level of corruption and transparency in government??!

How free and fair are their elections??!

What is the state of their judiciary and parliament?!!

Use your brain before commenting or trying to make justifications.

You should take your advice where did you see him make any justification. If anything he is stating the ridiculousness of the whole thing. He pays 38 euros thats way less that the N170 to N200+ we will be paying here.
Re: Are You Willing To Pay N178,000 Monthly For A 24-hour Electricity Supply? by ogaontop(m): 2:01am On Apr 04
SmartPolician:

This is how people fail exams, turn around and blame their lecturers. Answer a simple question and you are here telling a needless story.

To answer the question, I don't think the United States should be used as a benchmark because that country is very rich and we don't operate a dollar economy here. People can afford to pay that in the US, but we cannot.

Come to think of it, we don't import the raw materials we use to generate power. We have gas reserves in Nigeria and hydrothermal energy comes from dams.

How do Ivory Coast and Ghana enjoy steady power? Do they pay up to that? If they don't, we don't have any reason to. ECOWAS subregional countries share so much in common. What works for A should work for B. Those countries should be our yardstick, not almighty America!
The government is always more interested in increasing tariffs up and down, they should go first and study how Ghana and Ivory Coast generate steady power before pegging prices
Check below and compare how much Nigeria pays, and the two countries boast of steady light
1. Ghana
2. Ivory Coast
Bro forget this country, no remedy

Re: Are You Willing To Pay N178,000 Monthly For A 24-hour Electricity Supply? by abbey621(m): 2:15am On Apr 04
1x2x3:

Are you aware Nigeria is supplying Neighboring countries with 24hrs supply electricity? How come they still pay lesser??

Can you name those countries and how much they are paying? I'm not talking about their citizens but their governemnt. For example Ghana's payment for electricity is not only cash, it comes with certain trade elements as well including subsidy from their government.
Re: Are You Willing To Pay N178,000 Monthly For A 24-hour Electricity Supply? by drealcivilceno(m): 2:16am On Apr 04
slimfit1:
Some people have destroyed this country for personal gain and their children won't benefit from it. Generating electricity for the whole country will create thousands of jobs. An ordinary monkey can figure that out. Sambo is one of the saboteur of electric generation. Jonathan lost me when he allowed his power minister to resign because Sambo told him to sack him.Sambo had and interest somewhere that we didn't know as usual. Whatever is working I will let somethings slide until I get my result then take action. Jonathan wanted to please Sambo.

That sellout!

1 Like

Re: Are You Willing To Pay N178,000 Monthly For A 24-hour Electricity Supply? by winner37(m): 2:34am On Apr 04
Even with this 178,000 as far as Nigeria is concerned they can never give us 247hours power supply. We all know they are lying

2 Likes

Re: Are You Willing To Pay N178,000 Monthly For A 24-hour Electricity Supply? by surgical: 2:36am On Apr 04
Chicagograduate:
In a third world country like Nigeria,Tinubu is causing more pain with his elitists policy.We dont earn the same jumbo salary like him and Akpabio.How can a below 30k as minimum wage earner couple with high unemployment,cough out this huge amount for electricity from his/her meagre earning?
The courage they said Tinubu has is to kill the people of Nigeria and he has started in earnest.

1 Like

Re: Are You Willing To Pay N178,000 Monthly For A 24-hour Electricity Supply? by Kposkila: 2:52am On Apr 04
[quote author=Zxcvbnmghtr post=129254522]The increase in tarrif is very welcome. I was very glad when I heard the news. As for me, I am more than ready to pay. I hope is that the keep their end of the bargain, no disappointment 24/7 supply of electricity.[/quoteyou fell for the intended scam
Re: Are You Willing To Pay N178,000 Monthly For A 24-hour Electricity Supply? by Taigaban: 2:52am On Apr 04
Nigeria and it handlers are the most wicked and foolish humans I had seen. Yes Nigerians will pay 178,000 Naira for 24 hours power supply. Since you want Nigerians to pay what people in the United States are paying good, but also pay the same salary people in the U S are receiving.. 3,000 dollars salary at the least. Idiotic bunkumd.

5 Likes

Re: Are You Willing To Pay N178,000 Monthly For A 24-hour Electricity Supply? by PureNigerDeltan(m): 2:56am On Apr 04
Do they pay is per hour here? And why are we handicapped? Nobody dey talk now. Pastor Adeboye bo go mobilize him members again to go do protest oh!!!

1 Like

Re: Are You Willing To Pay N178,000 Monthly For A 24-hour Electricity Supply? by Tonididdyx: 3:02am On Apr 04
grin
Joker country

You want to supply 24/7 electricity on 1948 power lines and transformers

Only 2 days light transformer dey blow and high tension cables go hot and snap.

They tell you guys lies garnished with salad toppings and una go swallow am Waaaaaaa!

QUESTION IS SINCE YOU WERE BORN, HAS ANYTHING GOOD COME OUT OF GOVT?

1 Like

Re: Are You Willing To Pay N178,000 Monthly For A 24-hour Electricity Supply? by motionarena: 3:08am On Apr 04
hazureal:
From what I heard, the increment is only applicable to those on Band A.

Band A customers are those customers who receive power for a minimum of 20hrs per day.

Band A: 20 to 24 Hours supply

Band B: 16 to 20 Hours supply

Band C: 12 to 16 Hours supply

Band D: 8 to 12 Hours supply

Band E: 4 to 8 Hours supply

(not that I'm in support of the increment though, this is just to shed more light on the issue)

I fall under Band E then
Our power supply is miserable.
Re: Are You Willing To Pay N178,000 Monthly For A 24-hour Electricity Supply? by Bluffly: 3:13am On Apr 04
aieromon:

Let's look at the facts on ground.

House 1
Power load = 2000W
Average of 20hrs/day gives 600 hours in a 30 day calendar month.
Power consumption = 2kW * 600h = 1200kWh
Cost of power consumed = ₦225 * 1200 = ₦270,000

House 2
Power load = 2000W
Power is generated using a 2.5 kVA petrol generator. Running wattage is 2000W.
Fuel efficiency = 1.1litres/hour (15 litres in 14 hours at 50% load - generator will consume more if we increase the load but let us stick with this for the purpose of this comparison)
For House 2 to generate 600hrs in a month requires 660L of PMS.
At ₦560/litre, House 2 will spend a sum of ₦369,600 in an attempt to replicate power supply from DISCOs. Maintenance cost has not been factored in these calculations.

A lot of small scale businesses spend up to ₦178,000 monthly running petrol generators.

Power is not cheap!

Rubbish. We are talking about efficiency and not effectiveness, responsive government and not reckless government. Trying to use back up options to justify draining main option.

Sane people are scarce
Re: Are You Willing To Pay N178,000 Monthly For A 24-hour Electricity Supply? by 9japride(m): 3:31am On Apr 04
Xiaohei:

Electricity is luxury? I give up on some Nigerians oooo! Jesu! No wonder Nigerian govt dey use Nigerians dey play kalokalo! Because people have become accustomed to suffering so much so that the most basic things in life are considered luxury by them. Haba!
[color=#006600][/color]

It's not about people getting used to suffering, it's about wickedness.
In foreign countries electricity is steady and the average person can easily pay for it.
Most blacks are just plain wicked.

1 Like

Re: Are You Willing To Pay N178,000 Monthly For A 24-hour Electricity Supply? by mrvitalis(m): 3:34am On Apr 04
Dancebreaker:

Correct. Moonlight and firefly light will do. Wonderful!
Your friend David Mark once said so about analogue landline phones.

But God don shame am since. GSM came and smartphones followed. shocked shocked shocked shocked
GSM was never free or cheap
Re: Are You Willing To Pay N178,000 Monthly For A 24-hour Electricity Supply? by cardoso514: 3:35am On Apr 04
Why are we so quick to compare rates and rates with US?
Improve livelihood and increase rates and bills later.
Re: Are You Willing To Pay N178,000 Monthly For A 24-hour Electricity Supply? by mrvitalis(m): 3:35am On Apr 04
miketayo:

You can spin it however you like.. electricity is not luxury it's a necessity
Nah electricity is not a necessity sir
Re: Are You Willing To Pay N178,000 Monthly For A 24-hour Electricity Supply? by Xiaohei(m): 3:36am On Apr 04
9japride:
[color=#006600][/color]

It's not about people getting used to suffering, it's about wickedness.
In foreign countries electricity is steady and the average person can easily pay for it.
Most blacks are just plain wicked.

Thank you oooo! I was stunned by the statement the dude I quoted made! He say electricity na luxury. Some people ehn!

2 Likes

Re: Are You Willing To Pay N178,000 Monthly For A 24-hour Electricity Supply? by MichaelSokoto(m): 3:43am On Apr 04
Zxcvbnmghtr:
The increase in tarrif is very welcome. I was very glad when I heard the news. As for me, I am more than ready to pay. I hope is that the keep their end of the bargain, no disappointment 24/7 supply of electricity.
hw much is minimum wage?

Re: Are You Willing To Pay N178,000 Monthly For A 24-hour Electricity Supply? by ScarletBrace(m): 3:43am On Apr 04
numtums:
minimum wage in the u.s is about $1200 = about N1.5m per month. Are the government willing to pay this?

To be sincere I've given up on Nigeria, there are two problems; the government and the people. If the government changes are the people willing to change?

The government come from the people, not from Mars.
They’re the same stuff. So it’s a mindset problem.
What excites an average Nigerian is 70 to 90% times frowned at in other working systems of the world.
BVAS is an example. It had to stop working for Tinubu to become Presidiot.
Now the Tinubu we know, will always tax and rip off the people to fill up his family reserve.
The easiest way to keep an average Nigerian in bondage forever is to serve him his future as a wholesome meal, palliative or as cash gift.

1 Like

Re: Are You Willing To Pay N178,000 Monthly For A 24-hour Electricity Supply? by wiseoneking: 3:49am On Apr 04
Dialpad:
That's reasonable for 24/7 light...
very extremely poor has spoken.
Re: Are You Willing To Pay N178,000 Monthly For A 24-hour Electricity Supply? by 9japride(m): 3:50am On Apr 04
Xiaohei:

Thank you oooo! I was stunned by the statement the dude I quoted made! He say electricity na luxury. Some people ehn!
[color=#006600][/color]

You shouldn't, one needs to be cautious when dealing with people of that mindset.

1 Like

Re: Are You Willing To Pay N178,000 Monthly For A 24-hour Electricity Supply? by wiseoneking: 3:50am On Apr 04
Dialpad:
That's reasonable for 24/7 light...
very extremely poor who is on 32k per month has spoken
Re: Are You Willing To Pay N178,000 Monthly For A 24-hour Electricity Supply? by georgeakins: 3:56am On Apr 04
slimfit1:
Some people have destroyed this country for personal gain and their children won't benefit from it. Generating electricity for the whole country will create thousands of jobs. An ordinary monkey can figure that out. Sambo is one of the saboteur of electric generation. Jonathan lost me when he allowed his power minister to resign because Sambo told him to sack him.Sambo had and interest somewhere that we didn't know as usual. Whatever is working I will let somethings slide until I get my result then take action. Jonathan wanted to please Sambo.

Berth Nnaji is another saboteur.
I don't know why ibos just like protecting criminals among them

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (15) (Reply)

Olajide Sowore Killed Near Okada In Edo State / Meet Saratu Umar, The NIPC Boss Sacked By Both Buhari And GEJ Over Same Issue / Isiaka Adeleke's Corpse Being Buried In Osun (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.