Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,879 members, 7,817,589 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:04 PM

Electricity Tarriff Hike: "AEDC Want To Send Me Back To The Village" - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Electricity Tarriff Hike: "AEDC Want To Send Me Back To The Village" (16012 Views)

Aedc Want To Change My Meter By Force Is It Right? / Lawan, Gbajabiamila Explains Why They Are Against Electricity Tarriff Increase / AEDC Slashes Power Bill By More Than 68% In Compliance With NERC's Order (Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Electricity Tarriff Hike: "AEDC Want To Send Me Back To The Village" by Babathanks(m): 6:03pm On Apr 04
unite4real:

this tariff is not for every customer. It's 15% of the 12M customers that are affected. i am not affected for now, maybe in future.

I also agree with you that this band thing is a scam
You're wrong. You would be affected in one way or the other. Industries would increase there product because most industrial areas are categorized as band A. goods they produce would automatically increase; goods like soap, toothpaste, drinks, and many essential product. There is nobody that would want to run a non profit business. It is us that would bear the cost

1 Like

Re: Electricity Tarriff Hike: "AEDC Want To Send Me Back To The Village" by alabo1: 6:07pm On Apr 04
RandomFellow:
Pic 1: 5k worth of unit a week ago.
Pic 2: 10k worth of units today

Now na morning. By evening it will be clearer
Re: Electricity Tarriff Hike: "AEDC Want To Send Me Back To The Village" by Twoclans(f): 6:42pm On Apr 04
SalamRushdie:
That people really believe there is Band A and B is amazing ...when will y'all ever open your eyes

There are actually different bands .My house in Kaduna is located in an area that gets up to 20 hours light daily ,before now I pay about 72 Naira per unit .My house in Niger state is located in a mini small estate with barely 12 hours light and I pay 60 Naira per unit .This calculation I am doing is including the cost of vat and the cost buy power charges me.

The banding actually exist,the only issue with It is that it is marred with cheating and corruption.

1 Like

Re: Electricity Tarriff Hike: "AEDC Want To Send Me Back To The Village" by Twoclans(f): 6:47pm On Apr 04
unite4real:

this tariff is not for every customer. It's 15% of the 12M customers that are affected. i am not affected for now, maybe in future.

I also agree with you that this band thing is a scam

It will shock you the way the price hike will affect you .

Every serious company doing business in Nigeria has to be in band A to function optimally.The company I represent in Abuja and north produces a product that is highly essential to life and development.Prices has been jacked up this morning by three folds.

Just wait until the product hits you.

1 Like

Re: Electricity Tarriff Hike: "AEDC Want To Send Me Back To The Village" by SalamRushdie: 7:05pm On Apr 04
Twoclans:

There are actually different bands .My house in Kaduna is located in an area that gets up to 20 hours light daily ,before now I pay about 72 Naira per unit .My house in Niger state is located in a mini small estate with barely 12 hours light and I pay 60 Naira per unit .This calculation I am doing is including the cost of vat and the cost buy power charges me.

The banding actually exist,the only issue with It is that it is marred with cheating and corruption.

It doesn't exist in southern Nigeria
Re: Electricity Tarriff Hike: "AEDC Want To Send Me Back To The Village" by unite4real: 7:13pm On Apr 04
Twoclans:

It will shock you the way the price hike will affect you .

Every serious company doing business in Nigeria has to be in band A to function optimally.The company I represent in Abuja and north produces a product that is highly essential to life and development.Prices has been jacked up this morning by three folds.

Just wait until the product hits you.

the price hike will increase inflation and it will affect everyone including me. That i know.

What i am saying is that i am not on Band A and the increase in tariff did not affect me in terms of paying for the light alone. i am on band C. what is difficult to understand there.

my own MUM is even on band E.

inflation will affect all of us but as far as buying the light is i am not buying at the new tariff for now
Re: Electricity Tarriff Hike: "AEDC Want To Send Me Back To The Village" by unite4real: 7:14pm On Apr 04
Babathanks:

You're wrong. You would be affected in one way or the other. Industries would increase there product because most industrial areas are categorized as band A. goods they produce would automatically increase; goods like soap, toothpaste, drinks, and many essential product. There is nobody that would want to run a non profit business. It is us that would bear the cost

the price hike will increase inflation and it will affect everyone including me. That i know.

What i am saying is that i am not on Band A and the increase in tariff did not affect me in terms of paying for the light alone. i am on band C. what is difficult to understand there.

my own MUM is even on band E.

inflation will affect all of us but as far as buying the light is i am not buying at the new tariff for now
Re: Electricity Tarriff Hike: "AEDC Want To Send Me Back To The Village" by Offpoint1: 7:24pm On Apr 04
RandomFellow:
Pic 1: 5k worth of unit a week ago.
Pic 2: 10k worth of units today
Bypass the shxt... There are people stealing billions from Nigeria daily. Bypass that shxt if you can
Re: Electricity Tarriff Hike: "AEDC Want To Send Me Back To The Village" by athaboi(f): 7:31pm On Apr 04
RandomFellow:

Do you know anyone that live there? Tell them to recharge their meters and tell you how many units they got
Oga they are on band C, just pack and go there if you don't have money to buy unit. Is not everyone that is poor..if you are poor, go and join your fellow poor people
Re: Electricity Tarriff Hike: "AEDC Want To Send Me Back To The Village" by Twoclans(f): 9:12pm On Apr 04
SalamRushdie:

It doesn't exist in southern Nigeria

I don't know about southern Nigeria.I only aired my view based on the two areas I reside in.

2 Likes

Re: Electricity Tarriff Hike: "AEDC Want To Send Me Back To The Village" by Hopez456(m): 6:39am On Apr 05
enemyofprogress:
karmo
I know Karmo, I don't think they have light that much to be placed in band A .
Re: Electricity Tarriff Hike: "AEDC Want To Send Me Back To The Village" by RandomFellow: 7:33am On Apr 05
athaboi:
Oga they are on band C, just pack and go there if you don't have money to buy unit. Is not everyone that is poor..if you are poor, go and join your fellow poor people

Lol... If no be say you fine, and you have some good looking and banging body, I for tell you bad thing. So for fine girl privileges, I will be civil with you.

I lived at Lugbe before moving to Bwari. Lugbe has some of the biggest boys in Abuja. Senators and Rep Members live in River Park. Go towards Trade more, and you'll see some estates that can compete with almost any estate in Nigeria. My point? Because they live in Lugbe doesn't make them poor; and because I complained about the hike doesn't mean I can't afford the units.

The hike will affect quite a lot of businesses that rely on electricity. Inflation will happen because of this hike. I, personally, have increased my grooming. I used to do 10k as at January, ended March at 15k. Well, I'm jerking my services to 25k, effective yesterday! My customers will pay, they always do. The increased rates will cover my costs both home and office. However... How many Nigerians can be like me? Bakers use electric ovens to bake these days. What do you think will happen to the price of bread? Next Cash and Carry bread was 1,800 last week. Let's see how much it'll be by tomorrow
Re: Electricity Tarriff Hike: "AEDC Want To Send Me Back To The Village" by RandomFellow: 7:36am On Apr 05
Hopez456:
I know Karmo, I don't think they have light that much to be placed in band A .

Lol... One of my boys stay there. He said they've increased their tariff
Re: Electricity Tarriff Hike: "AEDC Want To Send Me Back To The Village" by Dalohad: 7:39am On Apr 05
Blame the buffoons who voted the balablu nincompoop in power.
Re: Electricity Tarriff Hike: "AEDC Want To Send Me Back To The Village" by athaboi(f): 8:03am On Apr 05
RandomFellow:

Lol... If no be say you fine, and you have some good looking and banging body, I for tell you bad thing. So for fine girl privileges, I will be civil with you.

I lived at Lugbe before moving to Bwari. Lugbe has some of the biggest boys in Abuja. Senators and Rep Members live in River Park. Go towards Trade more, and you'll see some estates that can compete with almost any estate in Nigeria. My point? Because they live in Lugbe doesn't make them poor; and because I complained about the hike doesn't mean I can't afford the units.

The hike will affect quite a lot of businesses that rely on electricity. Inflation will happen because of this hike. I, personally, have increased my grooming. I used to do 10k as at January, ended March at 15k. Well, I'm jerking my services to 25k, effective yesterday! My customers will pay, they always do. The increased rates will cover my costs both home and office. However... How many Nigerians can be like me? Bakers use electric ovens to bake these days. What do you think will happen to the price of bread? Next Cash and Carry bread was 1,800 last week. Let's see how much it'll be by tomorrow
. Good boy, let me also reply you gently. When I say lugbe I mean federal housing feeder and not trademore estate. This are two different areas and they are not in the same electricity consumption category! And for the effect on the economy, it's always normal, change comes with a lot of bargain. The government should do the right with funds saved to improve the economy so people's purchasing power can be enhanced and they can buy your product comfortably
Re: Electricity Tarriff Hike: "AEDC Want To Send Me Back To The Village" by RandomFellow: 8:12am On Apr 05
athaboi:
. Good boy, let me also reply you gently. When I say lugbe I mean federal housing feeder and not trademore estate. This are two different areas and they are not in the same electricity consumption category! And for the effect on the economy, it's always normal, change comes with a lot of bargain. The government should do the right with funds saved to improve the economy so people's purchasing power can be enhanced and they can buy your product comfortably

See your head. Sha come and buy me fish oo... You can't call me a poor man and go free just like that. Come make we go Coal City Bukka for Gwarinpa, make you buy me fish. Poor man wan chop fish 😥
Re: Electricity Tarriff Hike: "AEDC Want To Send Me Back To The Village" by Hopez456(m): 12:53pm On Apr 05
RandomFellow:

Lol... One of my boys stay there. He said they've increased their tariff
I just read that AEDC had a glitch which caused the application of the Band A Tardif to all their customers irrespective of the band they belong to.
Re: Electricity Tarriff Hike: "AEDC Want To Send Me Back To The Village" by RandomFellow: 1:08pm On Apr 05
Hopez456:
I just read that AEDC had a glitch which caused the application of the Band A Tardif to all their customers irrespective of the band they belong to.

Criminality no pass like this
Re: Electricity Tarriff Hike: "AEDC Want To Send Me Back To The Village" by athaboi(f): 3:59pm On Apr 05
RandomFellow:

See your head. Sha come and buy me fish oo... You can't call me a poor man and go free just like that. Come make we go Coal City Bukka for Gwarinpa, make you buy me fish. Poor man wan chop fish 😥
Hello Rich man
I prefer Blake for area 11
Re: Electricity Tarriff Hike: "AEDC Want To Send Me Back To The Village" by mechanics(m): 4:51pm On Apr 05
It's on the high side.
Re: Electricity Tarriff Hike: "AEDC Want To Send Me Back To The Village" by socialmediaman: 4:54pm On Apr 05
@RandomFellow what state and LGA for better context?
Re: Electricity Tarriff Hike: "AEDC Want To Send Me Back To The Village" by RandomFellow: 8:11am On Apr 06
athaboi:
Hello Rich man
I prefer Blake for area 11

Blake... When are we going?
Re: Electricity Tarriff Hike: "AEDC Want To Send Me Back To The Village" by RandomFellow: 8:12am On Apr 06
socialmediaman:
@RandomFellow what state and LGA for better context?

Its Abuja, Bwari Area Council

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

APC Members Hold Rally For Tinubu In Rivers (Pictures) / Senate To Scrap Over 400 MDAs In 2023 / PDP Wins Aba North And Isialangwa South Constituency Election Rerun

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.