Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,988 members, 7,835,314 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 08:33 AM

Price War: Air France Reduces Price Of Fare To London Lower Than AirPeace - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Price War: Air France Reduces Price Of Fare To London Lower Than AirPeace (3681 Views)

Price War: Ethiopian Airlines On Lagos -london Route Now Cheaper Than Air Peace / Foreign Carriers Engage In Price War To Frustrate Air Peace Out Of London / Airpeace Defends allegation of Fare Disparity In Parts Of The Country (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Price War: Air France Reduces Price Of Fare To London Lower Than AirPeace by iamtardey: 7:46am On Apr 05
babz11:

I feel your pain bro grin grin grin
You obviously don’t Mannn…😩
Hayam in somuch pains
Re: Price War: Air France Reduces Price Of Fare To London Lower Than AirPeace by 49cents(m): 7:49am On Apr 05
The people ripping us up has been the Nigerians in government who were frustrating Oyema from thatblucrative route.

These evil men and women had crazy cuts on every ticket sold on these routes and they knew air peace entry will stop all that..

That was why they tried to bring in Ethiopian airlines to manage a non existent Air Nigeria so that it could continue that lucrative route....

Nigerians are ju st suffering in many others sectors because of this exact same thing from electricity generation to food production

1 Like

Re: Price War: Air France Reduces Price Of Fare To London Lower Than AirPeace by worksmart(m): 8:05am On Apr 05
Well I discovered that Glo is only masquerading as an indeginuous company and discovered that most of it's board of directors members were Swedish or have Swedish connection in fact I discovered that none of them were black talk less of Nigerian.

When I was in Nigeria last, my office used Glo sims mainly but I eventually discovered that they blatantly shortchanged us on every service they provide that we can calculate and check for ourselves. Their Internet Service is amongst the worst of the 4 or 5 most known TelCos.

Besides if you want to present yourself as a Nigerian company you should at least try be fair to Nigerians if not even offer a fair pricing policy instead of participating in a cartel to rip us off, and even provide us with the worst service than the openly foreign TelCos.

Now on the Airpeace /Air France pricing it seems that the foreign airlines were always going to struggle to continue massively over-charging us because Nigerians do not have the money to pay them in this Tinubu economy. I guess Airpeace coming with a more realistic pricing was the trigger to push Air France to go ahead with the necessary price adjustment.

There is the real possibility that the foreign airlines may try to muscle Airpeace out by use of a pricing war which they may bein a better position to sustain, so this is where Nigerian government needs to step in and make laws and rules to ensure this does not happen.
papyjaypaul:

I'm sorry, your comparison is not passing the point. We applauded Glo when they came but they started messing up and some people wanted us to use sentiments to accept shitty service. They always want Nigerians to turn a blind eye to good service in the name 9f fellow Nigerian. It's our businesses that suffer because people pay for convenience, they don't pay for shitty service. Air Peace, if it doesn't maintain high standard will not succeed because if they fall below par, people will pay for convenience and excellent service,which is the advantage the foreign airlines have. I think you should watch Allen Onyema's interview on Arise to understand.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U1KCGrhI3l4?

1 Like

Re: Price War: Air France Reduces Price Of Fare To London Lower Than AirPeace by ngwaIgbo223: 8:23am On Apr 05
Reflect7:
I'M STARTING TO SEE GOOD THINGS HAPPENING UNDER THIS TINUBU ADMINISTRATION.

THERE'S BEEN AN UPGRADE OF INTELLIGENCE AT THE HELM OF AFFAIRS.

Is your tifnubu sir peace or France airline boss.?
Re: Price War: Air France Reduces Price Of Fare To London Lower Than AirPeace by Jogs1900: 8:26am On Apr 05
Slytiger:

There are some categories of Air France customers that would prefer to fly Lagos-Paris-London:

- Examples would be customers flying to other destinations outside London e.g. Manchester, Liverpool, Birmingham, Edinburgh e.t.c.

- Some bargain hunters that are just looking at finding the lowest cost possible. They don't mind the stopovers. Alot of students, hustlers, and low income earners would fall into this category. AirFrance would fly straight to London Heathrow from Paris. Gatwick which is farther from London will cost them extra money. That's an extra train ticket or Uber to London 1 hour away.

For customers outside these two groups, AirPeace is still a steal at its current price coupled with the yummy naija food they are offering in their flights. Virgin would likely lose more customers to AirPeace the most. BA has very loyal customers that only fly them even when Virgin Atlantic is cheaper e.g. Rich Nigerians.

Only BA and Virgin are the competitors Air peace has...Do you know that you need a transit visa when flying through euro zone enroute UK? Majority see it as extra stress.If Air France or Klm is serious, they should discuss with their government to waive transit visa for us when enroute the UK on their carriers.
Re: Price War: Air France Reduces Price Of Fare To London Lower Than AirPeace by Cassandraloius: 9:06am On Apr 05
See wetin people dey pay to enter flight🥺
Dear God bless me and bless the works of my hands make I enjoy life.🙏
Re: Price War: Air France Reduces Price Of Fare To London Lower Than AirPeace by Cantonese: 9:21am On Apr 05
FreeStuffsNG:

Air Peace wants to compete on lower price, it may be a bad idea because those guys have the comparative advantage.
It's like the manner International Breweries competed with Nigerian Breweries and ended up in huge humongous debt!

I honestly don't believe that 'crashing price' instead of promo discounts will substitute for excellent service and the pride a Nigerian experiences when flying in a Nigerian airline brand. That trumps lower price that people can ditch if service is awful.

And you forgot the fact of reaping off the customers by the airlines, just like other businesses?

Do you not know that air fares are far cheaper in other West African countries than Nigeria, flying the same routes? Go to Benin Republic and see for yourself. Do you not know that it is far cheaper purchasing tickets for your trips from other countries?

Nigeria is the place where airlines make their most monies. When their funds are stuck, they blame government, we blame government, with no idea what the real issues are.

Now that Air Peace has reduced the rates, flying the same route, who says it is not profitable for them? Now also that Air France has reduced their rates, who says they were not making excesses profits at the detriment of Nigerian travelers? Pricing should be fair and very reasonable for citizens of the country.
Re: Price War: Air France Reduces Price Of Fare To London Lower Than AirPeace by PARADIZEPRIEST: 10:34am On Apr 05
SO, angry EVEN OYIBO DEY CHEAT People TOO.THEY KNOW THOSE AIRFARE/ PRICES WERE RIPPING NIGERIANS OFF.
GOD BLESSED ALLEN ONYEMA, GODBLESS AND KEEP AIR PEACE FOR NIGERIANS FOR HUNDREDS OF YEARS TO COME IFSHA. angry
Re: Price War: Air France Reduces Price Of Fare To London Lower Than AirPeace by UKEMY(m): 10:47am On Apr 05
Airpeace fare is too much,they should have crashed it to #200k
Re: Price War: Air France Reduces Price Of Fare To London Lower Than AirPeace by Rollingdollar: 12:18pm On Apr 05
That is why forming association is bad. Most association are formed to exploits the final consumer. Let everyone go into whatever business they want unless those that need to be regulated to protect lifes and properties in other to encourage competition. It help to moderate price
Re: Price War: Air France Reduces Price Of Fare To London Lower Than AirPeace by Benwallt(m): 12:43pm On Apr 05
Airpeace is the new Globacom. The way Globacom saved us from MTN and Airtel is the same was airpeace will save us from those kleptomaniac airlines.

I pray airpeace does not suffer the same fate HiTv suffered in the hands of DStv
Re: Price War: Air France Reduces Price Of Fare To London Lower Than AirPeace by Peppysco: 1:56pm On Apr 05
victorclean:
They want to muscle airpeace out. Competition is good

They are not trying to muscle Airpeace out, rather, it is the later that is causing a major upset in the industry and if other competitors do not adjust to the new reality in the industry, it may affect their brand and revenue. Above all, the competition is good and a win win situation for Nigerians.
Airpeace should have a competitive advantage if they stick to African/Nigerian cuisine for their Nigerian and other African customers.
Re: Price War: Air France Reduces Price Of Fare To London Lower Than AirPeace by Chummynoni(m): 2:00pm On Apr 05
If only this could happen with cement as well. So these f**ls could provide this service for this price? Why the higher price before then?.
Re: Price War: Air France Reduces Price Of Fare To London Lower Than AirPeace by Kelvinpam(m): 5:02pm On Apr 05
adamusuleiman1:
As being shared on social media

I think this info is false!!!. Airfrance and KLM have maintained low flight fee for several years if you book early.

1 Like

Re: Price War: Air France Reduces Price Of Fare To London Lower Than AirPeace by Dikegodspower(m): 5:39pm On Apr 05
Wao
Let the competition begin

(1) (2) (Reply)

Flight Boarding: Need Help As A First Time Traveller. / Good African Countries To Travel To And Live Like A King / How To Send Money From Nigeria To Uk,usa ,germany,cyprus - Abroad

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.