Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,221 members, 7,818,761 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:48 AM

Praying Without Saying A Word - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Praying Without Saying A Word (77 Views)

Why Do People Die Without Saying Goodbye To Their Loved Ones? / Photo Of A Pastor With Bulge Praying With A Lady Got People Talking / Big Pot Placed On A Pastor’s Head While Praying (Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Praying Without Saying A Word by Btruth: 6:07am On Apr 05
Praying without saying a word

Fri, 5 Apr 2024

‘For your heavenly Father knows that you need all these things.’ Matthew 6:32

Jesus said, ‘"But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you.”’ (Matthew 6:33 NKJV). You ask, ‘When I think about God, is that the same as praying?’ It can be. We’re all familiar with the power of unspoken communication. Many of us grew up with parents who didn’t have to say a thing to make their will known. It may have been a certain look in their eye or some other unspoken signal. But we knew exactly what was being communicated and how we were expected to respond.

Prayer works that way, too. When you think about God, it’s prayer; and when God communicates His thoughts back to you, it’s a form of answered prayer. A little boy wanted a bicycle for Christmas, and one night, he was praying at the top of his voice, telling God exactly what kind and colour of bike he wanted. His mother said, ‘Son, you don’t need to shout for God to hear you.’ He replied, ‘I know, Mama, but I need to shout if Grandpa is going to hear me and buy me that bike!’

The truth is, you don’t need to shout for God to hear you, and you don’t need to try and conjure up answers to your prayers. Jesus said, ‘Your heavenly Father knows what you need before you even ask.’ (Matthew 6:cool So, why even take the time to pray? Because God wants you to approach Him with confidence, trust Him with all your needs, and build a relationship with Him. That’s what it’s all about!

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Seeds Of Destiny, (SOD) Devotional Today, Sunday, 7th April 2024 / Law And Procedure Started With God! / 6 Breakthrough Prayer Points In Times Of Hardship And Financial Challenges

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.