Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,533 members, 7,770,382 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 10:09 AM

40 Richest Men In Africa! New List! - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / 40 Richest Men In Africa! New List! (40985 Views)

Exclusive: See Where Nigeria, Africa’s Richest Men Were Spotted (photos) / The Richest Men In Africa? / World's 100 Richest Men. I Call The Ladies Men (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 40 Richest Men In Africa! New List! by babyboy3(m): 10:33am On Nov 17, 2011
Not at all, Ojukwu will forever be an icon of Ndiigbo. The main point of the Oligarchy system is having a small group of people control wealth and power in a system

Please get real, 96% of the wealth of the world is controlled by a small group of people, around 1% of the population of the world has almost all the wealth of the world its got nothing to do with NW, SW, SE or Aliens. Do you think if Dangote sits at a table that has Roman Abramovich, Oprah and MIttal at each side of the table, do you think these guys would be thinking I wonder where is this Nigerian from?
Re: 40 Richest Men In Africa! New List! by max01: 10:38am On Nov 17, 2011
Hmmm, ! JIM OVIA, ?.Smart guy, outwit his contemporary, CBN-Thanks to I.T world
Re: 40 Richest Men In Africa! New List! by Kossy04: 10:43am On Nov 17, 2011
So Dangote is now richer than Abramovich, hen? So when is he buying Arsenal?
Re: 40 Richest Men In Africa! New List! by calebrita(m): 10:47am On Nov 17, 2011
what about harry akande, fernadez and akinrunta (obat) arisekola et.c
Re: 40 Richest Men In Africa! New List! by Skii(m): 10:54am On Nov 17, 2011
IMO, Femi Otedola's wealth is tied to the Power Structure of Nigeria, as long as we have light(which we have started having in fairly constant bits and pieces), no need for diesel (which he supplies).
Re: 40 Richest Men In Africa! New List! by chinweub: 11:03am On Nov 17, 2011
Please get real, 96% of the wealth of the world is controlled by a small group of people, around 1% of the population of the world has almost all the wealth of the world its got nothing to do with NW, SW, SE or Aliens. Do you think if Dangote sits at a table that has Roman Abramovich, Oprah and MIttal at each side of the table, do you think these guys would be thinking I wonder where is this Nigerian from?
[quote][/quote]

That 1% is dam smart grin grin grin grin grin ------------------ deferred gratification --------------- cheesy kiss cry lipsrsealed
Re: 40 Richest Men In Africa! New List! by manchy7531: 11:15am On Nov 17, 2011
Some people will come here now to tell us one CEO of Ibeto Enterprises Nig Ltd is richer than Dangote/Adenuga

This list is full of crap,where is Otedola?where is Orji Uzo Kalu?where is Tony Elumelu,even Artur Nzeribe(the lord mafia),where is andy uba?what of ABC transport or coscharis.

hey!! note.Dangote and Adenuga's money is not theirs,they have those money because their people are the ones ruling.when the SE starts ruling, then we will have a good number of people that will make their money from political contract.

let us forget Ibeto that he is quite and does not seek attention doesn't make him less richer.cos he is a definition of a hustler and entrepreneur

As for jim ovia, he is from anioma in delta state which is igbo.
Re: 40 Richest Men In Africa! New List! by abitech001(m): 11:27am On Nov 17, 2011
THIS PEOPLE U ARE TALKING ABOUT ARE NOT RICH SO FAR THEY BORROW MONEY, SOMEONE WHO IS WEALTHIER BORROW NOT AND TOUCHES MANY LIVES WITHOUT ANY COMPLAIN. NIGERIAN WITH THERE MENTALITY. LOOK AT NIGERIA JAGAJAGA AND THEY ARE SAYING THEY RICH TO ME THEY ARE NOT FOR AS LONG AS THERE COUNTRY STILL WAXING IN POVERTY.
Re: 40 Richest Men In Africa! New List! by kasiem(m): 12:05pm On Nov 17, 2011
Instead of dancing over the wealth of another man, what we should be doing is to study their secrets and then learn how to overpower them by using our unique intellect to build the knowledge we got from their secret. It's vacuous for an almajiri to come here and start celebrating or mocking an igbo cos dangote appeared on the list; the rich of this society have their own distinct community, which if u are not rich(whether hausa or igbo), u can not be part of them. So, for u to start celebrating cos they are from ur tribe makes u an idiot, cos they've created another tribe for themselves.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 40 Richest Men In Africa! New List! by AHA1(m): 12:25pm On Nov 17, 2011
NO Southerner

NO South Easterner

All wealthy nigerians made their money from the Resources in SS AND SE Nigeria, yet no one from the 2 zones represents nigeria in the whole of Africa.

no yawa !, we just dey sad sad sad
Re: 40 Richest Men In Africa! New List! by Nobody: 12:36pm On Nov 17, 2011
kasiem:

Instead of dancing over the wealth of another man, what we should be doing is to study their secrets and then learn how to overpower them by using our unique intellect to build the knowledge we got from their secret. It's vacuous for an almajiri to come here and start celebrating or mocking an igbo cos dangote appeared on the list; the rich of this society have their own distinct community, which if u are not rich(whether hausa or igbo), u can not be part of them. So, for u to start celebrating cos they are from your tribe makes u an , cos they've created another tribe for themselves.
you took the words out of my mouth
Re: 40 Richest Men In Africa! New List! by Funkymallam(m): 12:41pm On Nov 17, 2011
Bigots everywhere, if no igbo on d list, so wot?

@op.
Its a gudtin we have such men around but d qtestion we should be asking some of dem is why r the average Nigerians still poor?
I respect someine like Rochas Okorocha, eventhough he is not as rich as these men still extablished gud schs for free education in all d geo-political zones.
Also Dangote just last wk empowered d women of kano state with 500m naira as he normally does.
My question is how have these men and oda rich peeps among us affected the lives of ppl?
Mind u ppl lyk, IBB, OBJ, ATIKU, TINUBU and oda politician might be as rich as some ppl on dat list, if not more than dem but notin to show for it.
Re: 40 Richest Men In Africa! New List! by xavier047: 12:58pm On Nov 17, 2011
You could try organizing this statistics in Excel,
Re: 40 Richest Men In Africa! New List! by kl2020: 1:16pm On Nov 17, 2011
y is obj not there? he is richer than all of them put together
Re: 40 Richest Men In Africa! New List! by kl2020: 1:17pm On Nov 17, 2011
who cares?
Re: 40 Richest Men In Africa! New List! by kl2020: 1:24pm On Nov 17, 2011
Instead of dancing over the wealth of another man, what we should be doing is to study their secrets and then learn how to overpower them by using our unique intellect to build the knowledge we got from their secret. It's vacuous for an almajiri to come here and start celebrating or mocking an igbo cos dangote appeared on the list; the rich of this society have their own distinct community, which if u are not rich(whether hausa or igbo), u can not be part of them. So, for u to start celebrating cos they are from your tribe makes u an , cos they've created another tribe for themselves.

who cares?
Re: 40 Richest Men In Africa! New List! by ugosly(m): 1:29pm On Nov 17, 2011
Funkymallam:

Bigots everywhere, if no igbo on d list, so wot?

@op.
Its a gudtin we have such men around but d qtestion we should be asking some of dem is why r the average Nigerians still poor?
I respect someine like Rochas Okorocha, eventhough he is not as rich as these men still extablished gud schs for free education in all d geo-political zones.
Also Dangote just last wk empowered d women of kano state with 500m naira as he normally does.
My question is how have these men and oda rich peeps among us affected the lives of ppl?
Mind u ppl lyk, IBB, OBJ, ATIKU, TINUBU and oda politician might be as rich as some ppl on dat list, if not more than dem but notin to show for it.
Good word!!
if u bring in gangsters   lik ObJ, IBB and d llkes,I tell u dat list will be Naija from numba 1 all the way to number 38,but the mind buggler is dat with all d acclaimed wealth of this bastards,Nigeria can still not boast of a standard health care faciilty system or,welfare for its citizens.
What height of wickedness,
Re: 40 Richest Men In Africa! New List! by abenelo: 1:56pm On Nov 17, 2011
No Jimoh Ibrahim, No Otedola on that list. I believe their wealth is overestimated then.
Re: 40 Richest Men In Africa! New List! by Chongaiman: 4:54pm On Nov 17, 2011
Humming Faze's 'Originality'. . . .
. . . . [i]one day dem go hala my name [/i]o. . . .
Re: 40 Richest Men In Africa! New List! by brainpulse: 4:55pm On Nov 17, 2011
w cry
Re: 40 Richest Men In Africa! New List! by BCuZiMBlaCk(m): 5:33pm On Nov 17, 2011
Now we know the 40 richest men in africa. What next?
Re: 40 Richest Men In Africa! New List! by essy1(f): 5:45pm On Nov 17, 2011
O.michael.O:

I WONDER OO, grin

who u be?
who sabi u
Re: 40 Richest Men In Africa! New List! by Kizilala: 10:10pm On Nov 17, 2011
manchy7531:

This list is full of crap,where is Otedola?where is Orji Uzo Kalu?where is Tony Elumelu,even Artur Nzeribe(the lord mafia),where is andy uba?what of ABC transport or coscharis.

hey!! note.Dangote and Adenuga's money is not theirs,they have those money because their people are the ones ruling.when the SE starts ruling, then we will have a good number of people that will make their money from political contract.

let us forget Ibeto that he is quite and does not seek attention doesn't make him less richer.cos he is a definition of a hustler and entrepreneur

As for jim ovia, he is from anioma in delta state which is igbo.

Don't mind those ignorant fools.Jim Ovia is Igbo but that is not even the point.Wealth is widely spread in Igboland and like one contributor wrote,u will hardly find a completely wretched Igbo man.Go to the North, 95% of them r wretched.
Re: 40 Richest Men In Africa! New List! by Nobody: 1:10am On Nov 18, 2011
The Igbos might not have made that list, but they sure have the highest number of millionaires in Africa. Believe it or not, the Igbos have the best distribution of wealth in Africa. There is hardly an Igbo home without a millionaire. Dangote and Abdulsamad Rabiu are both from Kano but Bill Gates still have to come from America to give them money to eradicate polio and malaria. Whata shame!
Re: 40 Richest Men In Africa! New List! by Nobody: 1:19am On Nov 18, 2011
kasiem:

Did I hear you say secret? What Secret? They Nigerians among these men have no secret worth studying. We all know how they made those monies. They connived and looted our treasury.
Re: 40 Richest Men In Africa! New List! by PHIPEX(m): 10:17am On Nov 18, 2011
One gud thing I can take from this is that they all invested in Nigeria, which should be a puzzle to our politicians like Ibori who think they will make the list by hidding our money in Swiss.

For those who are asking of Igbo Billonaires, Does a tree make a forest? If the tallest tree in the world is found in the Desert does it convert it to a forest?
Ask Economists and they will tell u that income inequality is one of the greatest challenge of Africa, where one person has Billions and 100 other persons can not earn a dollar a day. A situation where one individual in a village is a Billonaire while every other person around him is in penury. Am sure that can not be said of the Igbos.
Re: 40 Richest Men In Africa! New List! by Ess: 10:33am On Nov 18, 2011
See ethnic analysis, too much tribalism on this forum. Just because Dangote is from the north, see how people are analyzing instead of appreciating the wealth God gave to their citizens!
Re: 40 Richest Men In Africa! New List! by emmke(m): 11:54am On Nov 18, 2011
Ess:

See ethnic analysis, too much tribalism on this forum. Just because Dangote is from the north, see how people are analyzing instead of appreciating the wealth God gave to their citizens!
u are right my brother. It seems to hurt most here that an "illiterate" northerner could be the richest black man on earth. Just see analysis everywhere.
Kizilala:

Don't mind those ignorant fools.Jim Ovia is Igbo but that is not even the point.Wealth is widely spread in Igboland and like one contributor wrote,u will hardly find a completely wretched Igbo man.Go to the North, 95% of them r wretched.
95% eh? Have u been to the north. Have u been to kaduna, kano, sokoto and maiduguri? The stupendiously wealthy guys in the north are usually the politicians and businessmen. This make almost 5% of the population already. Now u have the civil servants that should make make up at least 10%. NB salary of 20k in the north will place u far from wretchedness. Dont forget u have traders and farmers, making up a significant %. Educated guys here just allow bigotry to cloud their judgement. Really sad
Re: 40 Richest Men In Africa! New List! by nagoma(m): 3:09am On Nov 19, 2011
This topic is of no special interest to many - me included but I want to draw the attention of those bigots . The only millionaire ( british pounds) in Nigeria in the early colonial times 1920's and who was also the richest man in British West Africa was Alhassan Dantata a Kano merchant. One of Alhassan Dantata's grand daughters Hajia Maria Dantata was married to a business associate of her farther called Mamman Dangote. One of the children from that marriage is Aliko Dangote now the richest man in africa. Wealth especially in this magnitude is clearly not a function of university degrees and such qualifications or having crude hydrocarbons under your shacks and the mangrove swamps close to where your grandfather was born. but is it a coincidence that Aliko Dangote is the great grandson of Alhassan Dantata? Is the Midas touch a myth or is it located in certain chromosome locus and transmitted in a non dominant selective mode?
Alhassan Dantata was one of the first kano merchants to use modern banking at the time when silver coins was the money used in British west Africa. When he was going to make his first bank deposit 22 camels were loaded with silver money from his home to the bank in kano.

(  Please google the history of Alhassan Dantata and read it directly before you kill yourself with envy).
Re: 40 Richest Men In Africa! New List! by BCuZiMBlaCk(m): 6:24am On Nov 19, 2011
Lolz
Re: 40 Richest Men In Africa! New List! by revolt(m): 7:38am On Feb 26, 2015
nagoma:
This topic is of no special interest to many - me included but I want to draw attention to those bigots that the only millionaire ( british pounds) in Nigeria in the early colonial times 1920's and who was also the richest man in British West Africa was Alhassan Dantata a Kano merchant. One of Alhassan Dantata's daughters Hajia Maria Dantata was married to a business associate of her farther called Mamman Dangote. One of the children from that marriage is Aliko Dangote now the richest man in africa. Wealth especially in this magnitude is clearly not a function of university degrees and such qualifications or having crude hydrocarbons under your shacks and the mangrove swamps close to where your grandfather was born. but is it a coincidence that Aliko Dangote is the grandson of Alhassan Dantata? Is the Midas touch a myth or is it located in certain chromosome locus and transmitted in a non dominant selective mode?
Alhassan Dantata was one of the first kano merchants to use modern banking at the time when silver coins was the money used in British west Africa and 22 camels were loaded with money from his home to the bank in kano.(  Please google the history of Alhassan Dantata and read it directly before you kill yourself with envy).
very true . That dantata guy was sompn else
Re: 40 Richest Men In Africa! New List! by abitech001(m): 2:55pm On Aug 07, 2016
abitech001:
THIS PEOPLE U ARE TALKING ABOUT ARE NOT RICH SO FAR THEY BORROW MONEY, SOMEONE WHO IS WEALTHIER BORROW NOT AND TOUCHES MANY LIVES WITHOUT ANY COMPLAIN. NIGERIAN WITH THERE MENTALITY. LOOK AT NIGERIA JAGAJAGA AND THEY ARE SAYING THEY RICH TO ME THEY ARE NOT FOR AS LONG AS THERE COUNTRY STILL WAXING IN POVERTY.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Tony Elumelu And Akon Pictured Together Enjoying Boat Cruise In Lagos / Finishing Pictures Of Owerri Mall / Fraud, Perjury, & Insider Trading At Flutterwave - David Hundeyin

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.