Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,622 members, 7,816,562 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:10 PM

"You Cannot Serve 2 Masters At Once": Rivers Reps Member Sides With Fubara - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / "You Cannot Serve 2 Masters At Once": Rivers Reps Member Sides With Fubara (21164 Views)

If I Demand N20bn Every Month, It’s Politics’ – Wike Justifies Fight With Fubara / 2023 Election: Is Reno Trying To Serve 2 Masters At A Time ? / Israel: Christian Leaders Accuse Buhari Of Taking Sides With Palestine (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

"You Cannot Serve 2 Masters At Once": Rivers Reps Member Sides With Fubara by nairalandkachy1: 9:58am On Apr 05
Hon. Awaji-Inombek Abiante, a member of the Federal House of Representatives representing the Andoni/Opobo–Nkoro federal constituency in Rivers State, has commented on the current dispute between Governor Sim Fubara and his predecessor, Nyesom Wike.

In an exclusive interview with Pulse Nigeria on Thursday, April 4, the lawmaker emphasised his belief that the people of Rivers State and members of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) should unite behind the governor to ensure the fulfilment of his commitments and electoral mandate.

He said, "Every regime has a tenure, and that tenure is four years renewable for another four years. As we speak, there's a governor in Rivers State. That governor in Rivers State should be allowed to govern and should be encouraged to lead the people. That is my take.

"A man cannot serve two masters at the same time. You do your term and you leave, nobody has made himself. I don't want to get into the details of how we got to where we got to begin from 2013, 2014 and 2015 elections. I have been on the field. I don't like to take about myself. I have been on the field. I have an four elections in three terms and I can tell you how we get passed those things and how we navigate through."

Abiante stressed the importance of democracy in Rivers State, saying society's essence lies within its people. He added that no individual holds more significance or power than the collective society.

"No one man can do it on his own, you need everybody to get things done. So, if you've done your term, take it that you've done your term. Encourage the man whose time has come to deliver onto the people the promises that has been made.

"It will be wrong of anyone to put clogs in that wheel. No man can be greater, stronger than society. It is society that builds men. Men can only advance the course of society. Men don't build society. It can only advance the cause of society," he said.

The relationship between Wike and Fubara soured following an impeachment attempt initiated by legislators loyal to the ex-governor.

In 2023, Wike, during a gathering with fellow Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) governors, disclosed his grievances against his successor.

He accused Fubara of collaborating with his adversaries and attempting to take control of his political network in the oil-rich state.
https://www.pulse.ng/news/politics/rivers-federal-lawmaker-picks-between-wike-fubara/krhe50d

24 Likes 4 Shares

Re: "You Cannot Serve 2 Masters At Once": Rivers Reps Member Sides With Fubara by Morbeta11(m): 9:59am On Apr 05
Good...he who carrys the palm fronts na him goats dey follow.

( Onye kpu Igwu ka ewu na eso)

As of today na Fubara carry the palm front.

44 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "You Cannot Serve 2 Masters At Once": Rivers Reps Member Sides With Fubara by Arobaga: 10:02am On Apr 05
Morbeta11:
Good...he who carrys the palm fronts na him goats dey follow.

When Wike was the Governor was he taking orders from Amaechi ?

Una think say PH na Lagos

98 Likes 4 Shares

Re: "You Cannot Serve 2 Masters At Once": Rivers Reps Member Sides With Fubara by naijapikin2(m): 10:02am On Apr 05
Fubara -1

Wike-0

More goals loading...

34 Likes 3 Shares

Re: "You Cannot Serve 2 Masters At Once": Rivers Reps Member Sides With Fubara by mrvitalis(m): 10:08am On Apr 05
There are places God fatherism won't work

See even if Wike removes Fubara the next governor would still show him same thing again

Even that speaker if he is made governor would do exactly what Fubara is doing

I don't think Fubara is someone that Wike would ask for settlement, or things that won't give him, absolutely dont see it that way

But Wike wants to he governor and Fubara the face... Not even Wike son can allow that

63 Likes 6 Shares

Re: "You Cannot Serve 2 Masters At Once": Rivers Reps Member Sides With Fubara by 22o62021: 10:17am On Apr 05
Who holds the Piper dictates the tune

8 Likes

Re: "You Cannot Serve 2 Masters At Once": Rivers Reps Member Sides With Fubara by Bobloco: 10:19am On Apr 05
angry
Re: "You Cannot Serve 2 Masters At Once": Rivers Reps Member Sides With Fubara by slivertongue: 10:23am On Apr 05
"A man cannot serve two masters at the same time. You do your term and you leave, nobody has made himself.

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: "You Cannot Serve 2 Masters At Once": Rivers Reps Member Sides With Fubara by DatNiggaDaz: 10:23am On Apr 05
grin grin

I said it before that the food Niger Deltans are cooking for wicked Wike will soon don & e go chop dat food bellefoool wella.

You think say you dey deal with Ambode & his people ba grin grin
Make dem dey hail & push wicked Wike, when e happen dem go abandon am. Ask Rotimi Ameachi grin When the drums start, Ok. IBB words come to mind

Na PH for ND be dis, no be Lagoon. We go show wicked Wike say the Niger Deltans are immune to slavery.

That passport he told his wife about, he will need it when the food don

grin grin

33 Likes 1 Share

Re: "You Cannot Serve 2 Masters At Once": Rivers Reps Member Sides With Fubara by slivertongue: 10:23am On Apr 05
No man can be greater, stronger than society. It is society that builds men. Men can only advance the course of society. Men don't build society. It can only advance the cause of society,"

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: "You Cannot Serve 2 Masters At Once": Rivers Reps Member Sides With Fubara by Zico5(m): 10:36am On Apr 05
Politics is the most dangerous game to play. When it's ur time, use it judiciously and always remember that when ur time is up there is nothing u can do about it. You have to let go. But Wike want to rule forever. Ain't that miracle on it's own. Wike will surely lose totally. That's very sure.

18 Likes

Re: "You Cannot Serve 2 Masters At Once": Rivers Reps Member Sides With Fubara by InteliJ(f): 10:37am On Apr 05
Yes o

Rule and return to the bar

Politics should not be an occupation

1 Like

Re: "You Cannot Serve 2 Masters At Once": Rivers Reps Member Sides With Fubara by christejames(m): 10:37am On Apr 05
The attention seeking kaikai buzzer will learn the hard way shocked

My son already dislikes him though! He's been struck out as leader to look up to.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: "You Cannot Serve 2 Masters At Once": Rivers Reps Member Sides With Fubara by ogaontop(m): 10:39am On Apr 05
True talk

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "You Cannot Serve 2 Masters At Once": Rivers Reps Member Sides With Fubara by phemmie06(m): 10:40am On Apr 05
Wike wickedness will not only WEAK him but Wreck him

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: "You Cannot Serve 2 Masters At Once": Rivers Reps Member Sides With Fubara by Fiscus105(m): 10:41am On Apr 05
Arobaga:
Wonder how Yoruba people will be telling us how to run our government in PH

Them think say we dey worship Godfathers here

I’ll be alive and witness disintegration of Nigeria

Make we see how e go be

Isn't Yoruba people that are telling how things run in entire south south?

Sit down and be dreaming, when u wake up, world would have left you a decade behind.

YORUBA IN CHARGE OF FINANCE, TREASURY,CUSTOM, TAXES, ARMY, POLICE AND STILL NOT BELIEVE IS CONTROLLING YOUR LIFE AND WELLBEINGS.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "You Cannot Serve 2 Masters At Once": Rivers Reps Member Sides With Fubara by Hullcity: 10:41am On Apr 05
A Very greedy human being is wike

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: "You Cannot Serve 2 Masters At Once": Rivers Reps Member Sides With Fubara by ignis: 10:42am On Apr 05
Wike is very greedy and selfish. He enjoyed his 8 years as Governor without any interference.

I stand with Fubara.

God fatherism must end.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "You Cannot Serve 2 Masters At Once": Rivers Reps Member Sides With Fubara by alphaconde(m): 10:43am On Apr 05
any empire that rises must fall.

All this Wike arrogance will end one day

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: "You Cannot Serve 2 Masters At Once": Rivers Reps Member Sides With Fubara by Way4orward: 10:43am On Apr 05
Really?
Re: "You Cannot Serve 2 Masters At Once": Rivers Reps Member Sides With Fubara by theophorus(m): 10:43am On Apr 05
When that Obasek* was doing Gragra in 2020 and some person's were supporting him, they didn't know that he would soon do to them what he was doing to others but alas, this is 2024 and they are already 'kollecting' from Obasek*.

But laslas Obasek* go soon 'kollect' from those wen hin injure during him 8yrs as Govnor and he go become example for upcoming Children who likes Trouble and Betrayal.
Re: "You Cannot Serve 2 Masters At Once": Rivers Reps Member Sides With Fubara by Risingblue008(m): 10:44am On Apr 05
Clapping back continues
But i will like to sing

As e dey pain dem
E go sweet us
As e dey sweet us
E go dey pain wike

Greedy wicked wike
Dis man dont like development at all

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "You Cannot Serve 2 Masters At Once": Rivers Reps Member Sides With Fubara by obaidan: 10:44am On Apr 05
22o62021:
Who holds the Piper dictates the tune

Especially in Rivers state. Wike himself made himself from holding the piper. How is it so difficult for him to understand this.
Contentment in life is important. Do your part and leave the stage. Life is that simple.
Re: "You Cannot Serve 2 Masters At Once": Rivers Reps Member Sides With Fubara by themanderon: 10:44am On Apr 05
You are not responsible to the governor but to the people that elected you. We have turned democracy to mean loyalty to the executive in this country.

3 Likes

Re: "You Cannot Serve 2 Masters At Once": Rivers Reps Member Sides With Fubara by obaidan: 10:45am On Apr 05
Only nairaland pro-wike geng do not understand this

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: "You Cannot Serve 2 Masters At Once": Rivers Reps Member Sides With Fubara by carterguccy(m): 10:45am On Apr 05
It's your tenure and no one should disturb you from serving the people!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "You Cannot Serve 2 Masters At Once": Rivers Reps Member Sides With Fubara by carterguccy(m): 10:45am On Apr 05
Arobaga:
Wonder how Yoruba people will be telling us how to run our government in PH

Them think say we dey worship Godfathers here

I’ll be alive and witness disintegration of Nigeria

Make we see how e go be

Clowntina we all know y'all breathe Yorubas without us y'all amount to nothing! You must always find way to involve yoruba in all your comments. It's glaring a Yoruba man took your mom's virginity 😂 🤣

Which yoruba gives a hoot about how PH is governed?

Keep yorubas out of your unfortunate mouth and get a job.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "You Cannot Serve 2 Masters At Once": Rivers Reps Member Sides With Fubara by Helpfromabove1(m): 10:47am On Apr 05
Fubaba is getting matured by the day

He now knows our to use river money well buying some big balls and becoming a baller
Let see how it goes because his earlier mistakes of allowing APC takeover the house is a big one

Last last na river state people go suffer am in term of governance and development but some that knows how to play the game will cash out
Re: "You Cannot Serve 2 Masters At Once": Rivers Reps Member Sides With Fubara by obaidan: 10:47am On Apr 05
themanderon:
You are not responsible to the governor but to the people that elected you. We have turned democracy to mean loyalty to the executive in this country.
If the people elected the governor, then in this context of governor vs godfather, the loyalty to the governor is upholding the will of the people.

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

2023: PDP Considers Atiku, Saraki, Tambuwal As Possible Presidential Flagbearer / 2023: Presidency Will Elude Ndigbo – Primate Ayodele / Atiku, Wike Meet, Agree To Resolve Differences

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.