Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,415 members, 7,819,493 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:09 PM

Ojukwu Might Have Been The Richest Man In Nigeria If Not For The War - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ojukwu Might Have Been The Richest Man In Nigeria If Not For The War (1238 Views)

Dahiru Mangal Katsina’s Richest Man Pours Billions Into Nigerien Election / 2019: Gbenga Daniel Predicts What Will Happen In Nigeria If Atiku Defeats Buhari / 'Get Out Of Nigeria If You Want To Get Ahead' - American Man (video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ojukwu Might Have Been The Richest Man In Nigeria If Not For The War by gidgiddy: 11:43am On Apr 05
Dim Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu was a remarkable man. Despite being the only biological child of Sir Louis Ojukwu, once touted to be the richest man in West Africa, Ojukwu abandoned his father and joined the Nigerian Army. His father would not speak to him for 4 years.

Personally, I don't think anything could have prevented the civil war, Igbos were tired of Nigeria and were determined to fight their way out if possible.

But had Ojukwu stayed with his father, had the civil war not been fought, there's a good chance Ojukwu would have inherited his father's vast business empire. That would have catapulted him to being one of the richest men in Nigeria

Ojukwu was man who wasn't interested in money. For many years he lived in a modest Bungalow on Pioneer avenue, independence layout, Enugu. It wasn't untill his wife Bianca had children that he built a much bigger house in GRA Enugu and moved there, and he didn't like living in a big house.

7 Likes

Re: Ojukwu Might Have Been The Richest Man In Nigeria If Not For The War by Christistruth00: 11:44am On Apr 05
Very soon they will tell us Ojukwu was not interested in Power either

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ojukwu Might Have Been The Richest Man In Nigeria If Not For The War by Artscollection: 12:05pm On Apr 05
He had a Brother whom i think is older than him. The
Man was a seasoned medical consultant at unth

2 Likes

Re: Ojukwu Might Have Been The Richest Man In Nigeria If Not For The War by thesicilian: 12:07pm On Apr 05
Christistruth00:

Very soon they will tell us Ojukwu was not interested in Power either
He's not lying. I read about him years ago in the book Emeka by Frederick Forsyth. He talked about how Ojukwu was honest and modest almost to a fault, and was driven to declare war because he felt he had no choice based on how the Igbos were being treated especially in the North. What I'll never forget most about that book was how Ojukwu was in a position of power in the military, directly responsible for procurement of weapons and equipment for the Nigerian Army, and Ojukwu was one of the very few people who chose to actually use that money for what it was budgeted for, instead of embezzling. It's ironic that it was those same weapons and equipment that were used against the Biafrans in the civil war, and had he embezzled most of the money like most army personnel do, there's no way the Nigerian Army would have defeated the Biafrans.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ojukwu Might Have Been The Richest Man In Nigeria If Not For The War by AnambraPikinSel: 12:10pm On Apr 05
It wasn't untill femi fani kayode olosho ((Bianca )had children that he built a much bigger house in GRA Enugu and moved there

This is the only interesting part to megrin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ojukwu Might Have Been The Richest Man In Nigeria If Not For The War by Franzinni: 12:11pm On Apr 05
The question is ... Where is his father's immense wealth today because If his father was that wealthy ... Enough to make his son the richest Nigerian, we should still be seeing some of his relics here and there ...

If you had said one of the wealthiest, that would have made some sense but saying the wealthiest is like boasting of flying pigs.

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ojukwu Might Have Been The Richest Man In Nigeria If Not For The War by aswani(m): 12:15pm On Apr 05
gidgiddy:
Dim Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu was a remarkable man. Despite being the only biological child of Sir Louis Ojukwu, once touted to be the richest man in West Africa, Ojukwu abandoned his father and joined the Nigerian Army. His father would not speak to him for 4 years.

Personally, I don't think anything could have prevented the civil war, Igbos were tired of Nigeria and were determined to fight their way out if possible.

But had Ojukwu stayed with his father, had the civil war not been fought, there's a good chance Ojukwu would have inherited his father's vast business empire. That would have catapulted him to being one of the richest men in Nigeria

Ojukwu was man who wasn't interested in money. For many years he lived in a modest Bungalow on Pioneer avenue, independence layout, Enugu. It wasn't untill his wife Bianca had children that he built a much bigger house in GRA Enugu and moved there, and he didn't like living in a big house.

The only place Ikemba would have survived was in the army.

Though a brilliant mind, he was stubborn and quick tempered growing up. He would not have lasted a day in business with those attributes.
Re: Ojukwu Might Have Been The Richest Man In Nigeria If Not For The War by jogojogo: 12:18pm On Apr 05
gidgiddy:

Stop this rubbish post please!!!!
Igbos were tired of what? Of a fire they started?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ojukwu Might Have Been The Richest Man In Nigeria If Not For The War by paramakina202: 12:19pm On Apr 05
gidgiddy:

How is Dim Emeka Ojukwu the only biological child of his father?
Ipob with their Nonsense propaganda.
Emeka Ojukwu have senior brothers.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ojukwu Might Have Been The Richest Man In Nigeria If Not For The War by jogojogo: 12:26pm On Apr 05
thesicilian:

He's not lying. I read about him years ago in the book Emeka by Frederick Forsyth. He talked about how Ojukwu was honest and modest almost to a fault, and was driven to declare war because he felt he had no choice based on how the Igbos were being treated especially in the North. What I'll never forget most about that book was how Ojukwu was in a position of power in the military, directly responsible for procurement of weapons and equipment for the Nigerian Army, and Ojukwu was one of the very few people who chose to actually use that money for what it was budgeted for, instead of embezzling. It's ironic that it was those same weapons and equipment that were used against the Biafrans in the civil war, and had he embezzled most of the money like most army personnel do, there's no way the Nigerian Army would have defeated the Biafrans.
Foolish assumptions!!! An attribute that led the coward into the needless war that took the life of over 3m people....if not this, if not that....
See how you tactically buried what led to the hostility in the North. Very annoying narrative
ALL the weapons used by the Nigerian Army during the civil war that lasted for three years were procured by Ojukwu: Hmmm...this one na new release
You guys keep suffering from over estimation of what you really worth
You look for trouble and got consumed by the fire you ignited and turn back to cry of victimisation

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ojukwu Might Have Been The Richest Man In Nigeria If Not For The War by thesicilian: 12:28pm On Apr 05
jogojogo:

Foolish assumptions!!! An attribute that led the coward into the needless war that took the life of over 3m people....if not this, if not that....
See how you tactically buried what led to the hostility in the North. Very annoying narrative
You look for trouble and got consumed by the fire you ignited and turn back to cry of victimisation
ok
Re: Ojukwu Might Have Been The Richest Man In Nigeria If Not For The War by gidgiddy: 12:45pm On Apr 05
paramakina202:

How is Dim Emeka Ojukwu the only biological child of his father?
Ipob with their Nonsense propaganda.
Emeka Ojukwu have senior brothers.

Don't comment if you don't know about the Ojukwu family of Umudim, Nnewi
Re: Ojukwu Might Have Been The Richest Man In Nigeria If Not For The War by gidgiddy: 12:46pm On Apr 05
jogojogo:

Stop this rubbish post please!!!!
Igbos were tired of what? Of a fire they started?

Fire? Somebody wants to go his way, why stop them?
Re: Ojukwu Might Have Been The Richest Man In Nigeria If Not For The War by gidgiddy: 12:49pm On Apr 05
aswani:

Though a brilliant mind, he was stubborn and quick tempered growing up. He would not have lasted a day in business with those attributes.

People like you don't know that Ojukwu was already a senior civil service before he resigned that job and joined the Army. Ojukwu was District officer of Udi division, just outside Enugu

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ojukwu Might Have Been The Richest Man In Nigeria If Not For The War by slimfit1(m): 1:35pm On Apr 05
I thought I saw his private jet.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ojukwu Might Have Been The Richest Man In Nigeria If Not For The War by aswani(m): 1:56pm On Apr 05
gidgiddy:

Fire? Somebody wants to go his way, why stop them?

Because dem carry South South and dere oil and no at least do referendum to see weda dem wan follow do Biafra.

If Ojukwu had only taken Ndigbo with him, I bet you the Nigerians would have allowed him.

May the soul of all the needlessly fallen rest in peace.

1 Like

Re: Ojukwu Might Have Been The Richest Man In Nigeria If Not For The War by blacknp(m): 1:57pm On Apr 05
Franzinni:
The question is ... Where is his father's immense wealth today because If his father was that wealthy ... Enough to make his son the richest Nigerian, we should still be seeing some of his relics here and there ...

If you had said one of the wealthiest, that would have made some sense but saying the wealthiest is like boasting of flying pigs.
He emptied the accounts, & used the wealth to go to war against his country.

Proves the proverb, that a foolish child, will always squander the wealth of his father.

1 Like

Re: Ojukwu Might Have Been The Richest Man In Nigeria If Not For The War by paramakina202: 2:08pm On Apr 05
gidgiddy:

Don't comment if you don't know about the Ojukwu family of Umudim, Nnewi

The people mentioned in this interview were they absopted children by Sir Louis Ojukwu?
I mean prof Joseph and Engneer Emmanuel Ojukwu.

https://www.nairaland.com/1121462/ike-ojukwu-opens-up-odumegwu-ojukwu#13221170
Re: Ojukwu Might Have Been The Richest Man In Nigeria If Not For The War by garfield1: 2:24pm On Apr 05
aswani:

Because dem carry South South and dere oil and no at least do referendum to see weda dem wan follow do Biafra.

If Ojukwu had only taken Ndigbo with him, I bet you the Nigerians would have allowed him.

Edo nddc rep hon Patrick aisowieren receives pdp defectors
Re: Ojukwu Might Have Been The Richest Man In Nigeria If Not For The War by onumadu: 2:24pm On Apr 05
There is a lesson in this Ojukwu story, and luckily his father Sir LPO Ojukwu saw it all.
That lesson has been learned by most Igbo top rich men these days and they would never repeat it.
What is the lesson?
That Nigeria is a FREE MEAL that you would be foolish not to partake in on moral grounds.
I stopped supporting Biafra after I came to this realization.
The smartest thing to do in Nigeria is to join the feeding frenzy, and out-hustle everybody by any means necessary.
You saw how Emilokan did it?
Igbo should stop being moralistic in Nigeria, talking about fairness and equity which is what obsessed Ekwueme to create "South south", and today some people there still hate Ekwueme and his people.
Had Ekwueme left things the way they were and use his old connections in the North to join the feeding frenzy, an Igbo person would have been president since.
I support that Nnamdi Kanu be released. But I would NEVER again support Igbo leaving Nigeria, at least not as long as there is loot to partake in looting.
Nigeria has almost limitless resources to loot: natural resources and human resources.
Why not Igbo use their God-given brains to garner as much loot as they can in Nigeria?
Why all these useless moralistic wars that get us nothing more than hate from others?
Makes no sense to me mehn.

1 Like

Re: Ojukwu Might Have Been The Richest Man In Nigeria If Not For The War by Enugurangers: 2:30pm On Apr 05
This guy and his funny threads.

2 Likes

Re: Ojukwu Might Have Been The Richest Man In Nigeria If Not For The War by gidgiddy: 2:36pm On Apr 05
paramakina202:

The people mentioned in this interview were they absopted children by Sir Louis Ojukwu?
I mean prof Joseph and Engneer Emmanuel Ojukwu.

https://www.nairaland.com/1121462/ike-ojukwu-opens-up-odumegwu-ojukwu#13221170

Sir Louis Ojukwu adopted several children, however, Ojukwu was his only biological child
Re: Ojukwu Might Have Been The Richest Man In Nigeria If Not For The War by Zxcvbnmghtr: 2:41pm On Apr 05
Another NONSENSICAL assumption, probability, permutation......... undecided
Re: Ojukwu Might Have Been The Richest Man In Nigeria If Not For The War by T8ksy(m): 3:00pm On Apr 05
gidgiddy:

Sir Louis Ojukwu adopted several children, however, Ojukwu was his only biological child

....but Ojukwu was born out of wedlock which also makes him a bastard. His mother was the wife of Ojukwu's (snr) best friend. No wonder,
he's always angry .

2 Likes

Re: Ojukwu Might Have Been The Richest Man In Nigeria If Not For The War by gidgiddy: 3:58pm On Apr 05
T8ksy:

....but Ojukwu was born out of wedlock which also makes him a bastard. His mother was the wife of Ojukwu's (snr) best friend. No wonder,
he's always angry .

Then may be you should go and read what a bastard is for a bastard is one without parents, Ojukwu was loved and raised by both his parents
Re: Ojukwu Might Have Been The Richest Man In Nigeria If Not For The War by gidgiddy: 4:04pm On Apr 05
aswani:

At the time, there was nothing called South South, the constitution of Nigeria still does not recognise anything called South South, even to this day. The only thing the constitution recognised back then is Eastern Region
Re: Ojukwu Might Have Been The Richest Man In Nigeria If Not For The War by Goodvibes007: 4:08pm On Apr 05
gidgiddy:

At the time, there was nothing called South South, the constitution of Nigeria still does not recognise anything called South South, even to this day. The only thing the constitution recognised back then is Eastern Region
There was no SS but when Adaka Boro, a minority, tried to pull his people away, Ibo men like Ironsi and Ojukwu crushed him.

There was no SS but the atrocities the ibos commited on the minorities are well recorded.

You are different people and you can't lump people that don't want to be with you into Biafria. Even the Ikwerres resisted.

5 Likes

Re: Ojukwu Might Have Been The Richest Man In Nigeria If Not For The War by AcadaWriter: 4:11pm On Apr 05
I thought I saw his private jet.

1 Like

Re: Ojukwu Might Have Been The Richest Man In Nigeria If Not For The War by gidgiddy: 4:12pm On Apr 05
Goodvibes007:

There was no SS but when Adaka Boro, a minority, tried to pull his people away, Ibo men like Ironsi and Ojukwu crushed him.

There was no SS but the atrocities the ibos commited on the minorities are well recorded.

You are different people and you can't lump people that don't want to be with you into Biafria. Even the Ikwerres resisted.

What did you expect? If you try to pull out, the government will come for you, that's the way its always been. They came for Boro same as they came for Ojukwu, so what are you people complaining about?
Re: Ojukwu Might Have Been The Richest Man In Nigeria If Not For The War by LegendHero(m): 4:12pm On Apr 05
So why haven’t any Ibo man being part of the $$ billionaire gang since Ojuku could not make it since after the war?

You guys just create a scenario in your brain and just parrot nonsense. That means if my grandpa no die too, he suppose don be the richest man in my state since now we just grant people money based on assumption.

2 Likes

Re: Ojukwu Might Have Been The Richest Man In Nigeria If Not For The War by udomonday: 4:43pm On Apr 05
aswani:

you can only speak for yourself.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nigerian Census 2006 Verification {www.notcounted.info} / Give Ribadu And EFCC A Chance! / Youths In Politics Is Ideal.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.