Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,017 members, 7,818,012 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:10 AM

Hike In Electricity Tariff Insensitive, Inhuman – Reps Minority Caucus - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Hike In Electricity Tariff Insensitive, Inhuman – Reps Minority Caucus (11644 Views)

House Of Reps Minority Leader, Elumelu Loses Re-election Bid To Lp's Okolie / Electoral Bill: Reps Minority Caucus Stages Walkout From Plenary / Continue Tweeting, National Assembly Minority Caucus Tells Nigerians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Hike In Electricity Tariff Insensitive, Inhuman – Reps Minority Caucus by ogododo: 11:56am On Apr 05
The Minority Caucus of the House of Representatives has condemned the hike in electricity tariffs across the country by the Nigerian Electricity Regulatory Commission, NERC.

The minority leader, Rep. Kingsley Chinda, said this in a statement on Friday in Abuja, calling it insensitive, inhuman, and uncalled for.

He said such an abrupt increase placed an unbearable burden on the already strained populace, exacerbating economic hardships and widening the chasm of inequality among the citizenry.

“Such a hike, which is over 200 per cent above the rate of inflation, utterly disregards the plight of ordinary citizens, who are grappling with the adverse effects of the removal of oil subsidy,” he said.

According to him, the citizenry had been faced with galloping inflation, unemployment, and inadequate access to basic amenities.

“We note that in the immediate aftermath of the announcement of the tariff hike, NERC claimed that the hike affects only 12 per cent of electricity consumers who enjoy a minimum of 20 hours of electricity a day.

“The truth has become stark that this is stark lie. The hike, from data put out by the DISCOS, affects all electricity consumers,” he added.
https://dailypost.ng/2024/04/05/hike-in-electricity-tariff-insensitive-inhuman-reps-minority-caucus/

12 Likes

Re: Hike In Electricity Tariff Insensitive, Inhuman – Reps Minority Caucus by helinues: 12:00pm On Apr 05
Toh

6 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Hike In Electricity Tariff Insensitive, Inhuman – Reps Minority Caucus by Bullfallo(m): 12:01pm On Apr 05

Now they started again with band a. It wouldn’t be long before they unify the rate for all band.

Comparing Nigeria rate with dollar is madness. Apc devalued the currency. Nigerians were paying highly before now. If tinubu said things will come down and the exchange rate will come down. Why he didn’t wait first for the exchange rate to come down? Increasing the tariff and comparing exchange rate is contradiction to his speech that everything will come down. Similar thing he said about fuel will come down like sim card.

The man simply have nothing good to offer Nigerians .

This recent increase just shows dollar will not come down and things will not come down. He better increase minimum wage because as it is this country is finish. Just expect more inflation from hotels, malls, restaurants, goods and services. More inflation and more suffering. Some states are yet to implement minimum wage. No wonder workers don’t take government work serious many of them only mark register and have other jobs.

44 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Hike In Electricity Tariff Insensitive, Inhuman – Reps Minority Caucus by ogododo: 12:34pm On Apr 05
APC be human party before, na red head be dem mentor.

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Hike In Electricity Tariff Insensitive, Inhuman – Reps Minority Caucus by ogododo: 1:05pm On Apr 05
Nlfpmod, Ebipkwaon oo.

2 Likes

Re: Hike In Electricity Tariff Insensitive, Inhuman – Reps Minority Caucus by Ozommadu: 1:08pm On Apr 05
helinues:
Toh

You defended buhari's incompetency for 8 years...this one shouldn't be a thing for you.

Defend and move to another thread fast🤡

68 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Hike In Electricity Tariff Insensitive, Inhuman – Reps Minority Caucus by Provesto: 1:34pm On Apr 05
grin
Re: Hike In Electricity Tariff Insensitive, Inhuman – Reps Minority Caucus by 4tomandchi: 1:34pm On Apr 05
Removing subsidies is the first steps in fighting corruption I believe things will only get better those complaining are they ones feeding fat from the subsidy fraud.

God bless Mr. President
God bless the Federal Republic of Nigeria

1 Like 8 Shares

Re: Hike In Electricity Tariff Insensitive, Inhuman – Reps Minority Caucus by money121(m): 1:35pm On Apr 05
Ok
Re: Hike In Electricity Tariff Insensitive, Inhuman – Reps Minority Caucus by ngwaIgbo223: 1:35pm On Apr 05
After building road to rivers state we will connect our brothers as we've already Left Egypt championed by Otti.
Re: Hike In Electricity Tariff Insensitive, Inhuman – Reps Minority Caucus by Melagros(m): 1:36pm On Apr 05
COMRADES APC's evil!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hike In Electricity Tariff Insensitive, Inhuman – Reps Minority Caucus by Queengee: 1:36pm On Apr 05
For me I don't feel sorry for Nigerians, as long as we are all in this bullfshit together no problem

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hike In Electricity Tariff Insensitive, Inhuman – Reps Minority Caucus by phemmie06(m): 1:37pm On Apr 05
If not for legalized crime, will MTN ask me to pay more than others because there network is more stable in my area?
If there is metering, charge everyone base on what they use, if I consume 1 KW, let me be charged for it irrespective of where I choose to stay, or is 1 KW in the city is different from 1KW in the village?

30 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Hike In Electricity Tariff Insensitive, Inhuman – Reps Minority Caucus by MaziObinnaokija: 1:37pm On Apr 05
sad EMILOKAN /APC better be careful with this Anti people policy from one storm to another..Of EMILOKAN wan WIN reelection in 2027 ,he beta not push people anyhow. undecided.

Tomorrow, OBI go carry 🎤 🎙 and drop quote sad

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hike In Electricity Tariff Insensitive, Inhuman – Reps Minority Caucus by GreatAchiever1: 1:37pm On Apr 05
Eh? The minimum 20 hours electricity per day no reach my side o.
Re: Hike In Electricity Tariff Insensitive, Inhuman – Reps Minority Caucus by abobote: 1:37pm On Apr 05
They will make you believe they are with you, but in reality they are with the oppressors

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hike In Electricity Tariff Insensitive, Inhuman – Reps Minority Caucus by oneTIMEman(m): 1:37pm On Apr 05
Omo 10 light
140.1 unit before
41 unit now

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Hike In Electricity Tariff Insensitive, Inhuman – Reps Minority Caucus by Goziesam: 1:38pm On Apr 05
Bobrisky granted bail
Re: Hike In Electricity Tariff Insensitive, Inhuman – Reps Minority Caucus by ogolemati: 1:38pm On Apr 05
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin in human and insensitive to who. grin grin grin grin grin grin Satan they give good thing.since you guys don't want good people from God to rule over nigeria.shebi na this APC demons asked if 215 to a dollar ok today the same dollar is 1300 from 1800.satan don't care

12 Likes

Re: Hike In Electricity Tariff Insensitive, Inhuman – Reps Minority Caucus by Sunnycliff(m): 1:38pm On Apr 05
Agbadorians say it's the best thing to happen to Nigeria. I have told EEDC to give me the list of areas in their Band A, them still de shalaye

13 Likes

Re: Hike In Electricity Tariff Insensitive, Inhuman – Reps Minority Caucus by marlow1962(m): 1:39pm On Apr 05
Funny enough people that are defending this are same people that goes everywhere with charger in their pockets and they carry rechargeable touch lights from neighbors door to another neighbors door.

22 Likes

Re: Hike In Electricity Tariff Insensitive, Inhuman – Reps Minority Caucus by slivertongue: 1:39pm On Apr 05
insensitive and moronic

3 Likes

Re: Hike In Electricity Tariff Insensitive, Inhuman – Reps Minority Caucus by Rocky247(m): 1:39pm On Apr 05
True talk

1 Like

Re: Hike In Electricity Tariff Insensitive, Inhuman – Reps Minority Caucus by alfredilly: 1:39pm On Apr 05
This is where Joe Ajaero led union should exercise their resistance power, but no. It's a union of weakling, led by compromised men. In advance countries, this kind of measure can't be implemented at a time when masses are facing a biting economy. The people will fight and resist it

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hike In Electricity Tariff Insensitive, Inhuman – Reps Minority Caucus by Nbote(m): 1:40pm On Apr 05
No, sycophants and slowpoke.s say it is a good move

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hike In Electricity Tariff Insensitive, Inhuman – Reps Minority Caucus by Emekajacob(m): 1:40pm On Apr 05
If only we can get the value of our money.
Do we know how much industries and companies spend on power which has contributed to high cost of living.

Let there be light is all I pray

1 Like

Re: Hike In Electricity Tariff Insensitive, Inhuman – Reps Minority Caucus by Bobloco: 1:41pm On Apr 05
ogododo:

“We note that in the immediate aftermath of the announcement of the tariff hike, NERC claimed that the hike affects only 12 per cent of electricity consumers who enjoy a minimum of 20 hours of electricity a day.

“The truth has become stark that this is stark lie. The hike, from data put out by the DISCOS, affects all electricity consumers,” he added.

Tinubu is a monumental disaster

4 Likes

Re: Hike In Electricity Tariff Insensitive, Inhuman – Reps Minority Caucus by AK481(m): 1:41pm On Apr 05
tinubu dragging middle class Nigerians to poverty

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hike In Electricity Tariff Insensitive, Inhuman – Reps Minority Caucus by Easybet1(m): 1:43pm On Apr 05
I just paid now and I was charge 66naira per unit. Where are you people seeing 225 naira na
Re: Hike In Electricity Tariff Insensitive, Inhuman – Reps Minority Caucus by socialmediaman: 1:44pm On Apr 05
Tinubu supporters say it’s a welcome development. I doubt they pay their own bills

4 Likes

Re: Hike In Electricity Tariff Insensitive, Inhuman – Reps Minority Caucus by Willie2015: 1:45pm On Apr 05
4tomandchi:
Removing subsidies is the first steps in fighting corruption I believe things will only get better those complaining are they ones feeding fat from the subsidy fraud.

God bless Mr. President
God bless the Federal Republic of Nigeria

Stop writing like this... cheesy
US still subsidize some sectors.. cheesy
In fact the US govt spends more than $30 billion a year...
on subsidies for farm businesses and agriculture... cheesy

7 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Hausa/fulani Take Over In Niger Republic See Map Of Arewa / I Would ‘ve Joined Boko Haram – Ex-military Gov, Onoja / 'The Economist' Testimony On Nigeria's New Trains

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.