Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,609 members, 7,816,510 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:24 PM

RCCG Has Over 200,000 Pastors In Nigeria — Adeboye - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / RCCG Has Over 200,000 Pastors In Nigeria — Adeboye (20120 Views)

Maurice Ampaw: 8 Out Of 10 Pastors In Ghana Are Sleeping With Married Women / Poverty In Nigeria Vs Richest Pastors In Nigeria - By Alawode-James Jumoke / 20 Richest Pastors In The World (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

RCCG Has Over 200,000 Pastors In Nigeria — Adeboye by TouchNfollow(f): 3:04pm On Apr 06

Pastor E A Adeboye, General Overseer, Redeemed Christian Church of God preaching at the ongoing 2018 Holy Ghost Congress at the km 46, Lagos-Ibadan expressway camp of the church Photos Lamidi Bamidele

The General Overseer of the Redeemed Christian Church of God (RCCG), Pastor Enoch Adeboye, says the church has over 200,000 pastors in the country.

The revered cleric made this known on Friday during his sermon and anointing service at the monthly Holy Ghost service, with the theme “Shielded by Fire” at The Redemption City of God.

Adeboye, in his preaching, admonished the congregation not to mock any individual who backslides, but to take it as a lesson so they do not fall into such temptation.

He stated this while responding to media reports about a former pastor in Ireland who was alleged to have committed atrocities, noting that he’s not ‘justifying the unjustifiable.’

His words: “Do you know the Bible says he who thinks he stands should take heed, lest he falls?

“Even you standing today be careful. I pray you will never fall.”

“You can say ‘but he was ordained as a pastor’. But have you heard about backsliding? Once hot for the Lord and along the line became cold. The Bible even said ‘he that thinketh that he stand…’

“I don’t want to give the impression that I am justifying the unjustifiable. The Lord prayed all night and chose 12 disciples. One of them turned out to be Judas Iscariot. One failure out of 12.

“If you consider the number of pastors in RCCG in Nigeria, alone. Don’t let me tell you the number. But let me tell you mathematically. The number of pastors in Nigeria alone today is more than 200 thousand.

“If we find one here, one there over there, well our Lord Jesus Christ, the one we are following chose 12 but one was the devil.”

Adeboye also lamented the increase in the pump price of fuel and the hike in the electricity tariff, stating that the country’s problem is no longer natural.

“As I was coming out of the prayer room, I heard the government has increased the price of fuel and electricity tariff had increased.

“If the price of fuel increases, it means the cost of transporting the food to the market will increase. It means the food will increase in price.

“I had this feeling that the rate this is happening is no longer natural.

“And then I heard a prophet had prophesied that things would only get better towards the end of 2025,” Adeboye added.

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2024/04/rccg-has-over-200000-pastors-in-nigeria-adeboye/#google_vignette

10 Likes 4 Shares

Re: RCCG Has Over 200,000 Pastors In Nigeria — Adeboye by Iberl: 3:07pm On Apr 06
They should be the highest in the country followed by winners chapel

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: RCCG Has Over 200,000 Pastors In Nigeria — Adeboye by kettykin: 3:14pm On Apr 06
South korea and Singapore don't have upto 2000 pastors combined , yet God has blessed them so much with human, resource and abundance. Nigeria that has time 100 don't enjoy anything.

179 Likes 17 Shares

Re: RCCG Has Over 200,000 Pastors In Nigeria — Adeboye by LordIsaac(m): 3:16pm On Apr 06
Majority of whom are not born again. Don’t bother quoting me.

97 Likes 8 Shares

Re: RCCG Has Over 200,000 Pastors In Nigeria — Adeboye by kokoA(m): 3:20pm On Apr 06
Everybody wey get small money for that church na pastor.

86 Likes 5 Shares

Re: RCCG Has Over 200,000 Pastors In Nigeria — Adeboye by 2special(m): 3:21pm On Apr 06
kettykin:
South korea and Singapore don't have upto 2000 pastors combined , yet God has blessed them so much with human, resource and abundance. Nigeria that has time 100 don't enjoy anything.
Whose fault, the Pastor's or Politicians

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: RCCG Has Over 200,000 Pastors In Nigeria — Adeboye by ZKOSOSO(m): 3:21pm On Apr 06
200k plus.... enough to change the country for good

Hope they are well catered for in terms of welfare

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: RCCG Has Over 200,000 Pastors In Nigeria — Adeboye by Solofresh2: 3:24pm On Apr 06
So what should we do with this information
We should worship your pastors😏

6 Likes

Re: RCCG Has Over 200,000 Pastors In Nigeria — Adeboye by plaetton: 3:25pm On Apr 06
TouchNfollow:

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2024/04/rccg-has-over-200000-pastors-in-nigeria-adeboye/#google_vignette
Congratulations you charlatan and parasite.
You're proud to proclaim that Nigeria has 200,000 RCCG parasites, I mean pastors.
How many Nigerians are under RCCG scholarships?

45 Likes 1 Share

Re: RCCG Has Over 200,000 Pastors In Nigeria — Adeboye by onumadu: 3:31pm On Apr 06
Yet there is:
No 24/7 electricity.
No security.
Wickedness multiplying exponentially everyday.
Nigerian youths are fleeing the country to anywhere but Nigeria.
In a certain country where there are few of "pastors", they feed the poor every week on their church premises.
Just come and eat food if you can't afford food.
No evidence these Nigerian churches ever dream of such philanthropy.
I keep saying it that if Jesus were to show up today in one of these Nigerian churches disguised, they would not allow him to preach even once, talk less of making him a "pastor".

62 Likes 2 Shares

Re: RCCG Has Over 200,000 Pastors In Nigeria — Adeboye by Zxcvbnmghtr: 3:34pm On Apr 06
That is a lot of money being generated from 200,000 pastors.

116 Likes

Re: RCCG Has Over 200,000 Pastors In Nigeria — Adeboye by KillIgbohoN0W: 3:37pm On Apr 06
And how much tax do these 200,000 tax collectors remit to the federal government?

131 Likes 1 Share

Re: RCCG Has Over 200,000 Pastors In Nigeria — Adeboye by FatherOfJesus: 3:40pm On Apr 06
Really, 0.1% of Nigerians are pastors in RCCG?

Lol 😂

The fact that only RCCG has 200k pastors, if we add other churches plus the members, this country is suppose to be free of criminality and corruption but we all know that all of them are frauds and hypocrites.

I no fit ever go back to religion, it has no collective benefit

41 Likes 4 Shares

Re: RCCG Has Over 200,000 Pastors In Nigeria — Adeboye by Savedday2: 3:41pm On Apr 06
No be small thing ooh!

200,000 free labourers. If na me, I go get 10 private jet.

Do you know what it means to have groups of free labourers working very hard for your business to succeed without pay and they are very dedicated and happy with the promise that God will bless them?

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: RCCG Has Over 200,000 Pastors In Nigeria — Adeboye by kettykin: 3:41pm On Apr 06
2special:
Whose fault, the Pastor's or Politicians

. Pastoral call in Nigeria needs prayers

1 Like 1 Share

Re: RCCG Has Over 200,000 Pastors In Nigeria — Adeboye by helinues: 4:03pm On Apr 06
Yet the rate of crime have been increasing.

Who exactly have they been preaching to?

95 Likes 2 Shares

Re: RCCG Has Over 200,000 Pastors In Nigeria — Adeboye by KennethOkonkwo: 4:07pm On Apr 06
Yea...one of them was Peter OBI polling boot agent at by polling centre at Lugbe Abuja.

Peter really wanted to take the country back for the church that time

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: RCCG Has Over 200,000 Pastors In Nigeria — Adeboye by Googledotcom: 4:09pm On Apr 06
Those who enjoy criticizing the church, you can see the huge number one section of the church employs. What your politicians cannot do.

4 Likes

Re: RCCG Has Over 200,000 Pastors In Nigeria — Adeboye by Artscollection: 4:38pm On Apr 06
Entreprenuership!!!!
Re: RCCG Has Over 200,000 Pastors In Nigeria — Adeboye by Quodseverismete: 4:38pm On Apr 06
99.7% of that number are Yorubas, a friend of mine told the nepotism and tribalism going on in that church. That if you are Yoruba you would be allowed to be a pastor,the least you can be is assistant pastor.

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: RCCG Has Over 200,000 Pastors In Nigeria — Adeboye by kingmaster2009: 5:10pm On Apr 06
Quodseverismete:
99.7% of that number are Yorubas, a friend of mine told the nepotism and tribalism going on in that church. That if you are Yoruba you would be allowed to be a pastor,the least you can be is assistant pastor.

And in your tribe church....How many pastors are not from the same tribe as the senior pastor ....

Go and check and give us the information.

Even Jesus Christ 12 disciples are all men of his tribe....

Check your fact before coming to disgrace yourself on pages of social media ...

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: RCCG Has Over 200,000 Pastors In Nigeria — Adeboye by CodeTemplar: 5:17pm On Apr 06
kettykin:
pastors are not engineers.

7 Likes

Re: RCCG Has Over 200,000 Pastors In Nigeria — Adeboye by papyjaypaul: 5:40pm On Apr 06
If they are employees, that helps the govt with tax

1 Like

Re: RCCG Has Over 200,000 Pastors In Nigeria — Adeboye by PARADIZEPRIEST: 5:40pm On Apr 06
How have they helped to build morals of selflessness,contentment,charity,compassion,sharing,caring,meekness as Christ ordained?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: RCCG Has Over 200,000 Pastors In Nigeria — Adeboye by Gadafii: 6:51pm On Apr 06
Yet Nigeria is still backward, dark, undeveloped and largely wicked

Meanwhile Japan, South Korea, China, etc don't have 1/10th the number of these Nigerian pastors combined but they are far ahead and already into the future

They don't wake up every day and wait for God to make things work for them, God gave us brains so that we don't disturb him, but my African brothers and sisters would rather pray to God to make their countries better, then ho ahead and support, elect and defend wicked leaders

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: RCCG Has Over 200,000 Pastors In Nigeria — Adeboye by Honestey: 7:28pm On Apr 06
Churches has contributed immensely to Nigeria economy. May tithes keep flowing in IJN! Halleluuuuuujah!
Re: RCCG Has Over 200,000 Pastors In Nigeria — Adeboye by MrMcJay(m): 7:29pm On Apr 06
Where sin abounds, grace much more abounds.

If only Nigerian Christians live like Christ, Nigeria would not be the way it is.

3 Likes

Re: RCCG Has Over 200,000 Pastors In Nigeria — Adeboye by Omoapena(m): 7:29pm On Apr 06
kettykin:
Being a pastor is a job in Nigeria

This churches remit money to their headquarters or should I say head church every year.

There's a certain amount expected from them yearly and if they fail to meet up, they change the pastor...

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: RCCG Has Over 200,000 Pastors In Nigeria — Adeboye by Think9ja(m): 7:30pm On Apr 06
Huge source of employment
Re: RCCG Has Over 200,000 Pastors In Nigeria — Adeboye by athaboi(f): 7:30pm On Apr 06
KennethOkonkwo:
Yea...one of them was Peter OBI polling boot agent at by polling centre at Lugbe Abuja.

Peter really wanted to take the country back for the church that time
Yoruba Muslim... keep disgracing your linage

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: RCCG Has Over 200,000 Pastors In Nigeria — Adeboye by onecansee: 7:30pm On Apr 06
ThìsGlobe.com has about 7.3 million users worldwide.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Why You Should Stop Abbreviating In Jesus Name As IJN / What Is That Song That Lifts Your Spirit? / Should We Stop Giving Tithe?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.