Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,190 members, 7,815,150 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:14 AM

Second Coming Of Jesus: Past Or Future? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Second Coming Of Jesus: Past Or Future? (316 Views)

COVID-19 And The Second Coming Of Jesus Christ / Second Coming Of Jesus Still Most Likely Between 2030-2040 AD - Don Koenig / Difference Between The Rapture And The Second Coming (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Second Coming Of Jesus: Past Or Future? by Moderator101: 8:52am On Apr 07
⚠️There is something important we need to discuss.⚠️

Although the scriptures makes it clear that no one knows the day or hour Jesus would return, Jesus did give clues or hints that would make believers know their redemption was near.

Using those clues, alot of preachers, pastors and so called prophets have predicted the second coming of Jesus and guess what.........they all failed miserably. These are men that claim to be inspired by God's holy spirit yet their predictions or expectations were woefully wrong.☹️

Why?

Despite all visible signs, earthquakes, war, pestilence, men being lovers of themselves and lovers of money, Why has Jesus refused to return when men expected him? 🤔

Could it be that his return already took place in the past during the generation and time of the disciples?

Let's look at some scriptures📖:

1. Matthew 10:23: "When you are persecuted in one place, flee to another. Truly I tell you, you will not finish going through the towns of Israel before the Son of Man comes."

Who was jesus talking to? We Christians today or his disciples back then? If the answer is the latter, Then this suggests a close connection between the disciples' preaching and Jesus' return doesn't it?

2. Matthew 16:28: "Truly I tell you, some who are standing here will not taste death before they see the Son of Man coming in his kingdom"

Again, who was jesus talking to here? We Christians today or the disciples back then? If it was the latter then this implies that some of Jesus' disciples would witness his coming before they died. Further proof of this is found in:

John 21:21-22: "When Peter saw him, he asked, 'Lord, what about him?' Jesus answered, 'If I want him to remain alive until I return, what is that to you? You must follow me.'"

Crystal clear isn't it? Let's continue.

3. Matthew 24:34: "Truly I tell you, this generation will certainly not pass away until all these things have happened."

Do I need to ask which generation Jesus was referring to here? The generation that pierced him will see him come in the clouds (revelation 1:7)
Therefore that verse in Matthew indicates that Jesus' return would occur within the lifetime of his contemporaries, right? Okay let's continue.

4. Mark 9:1:"And he said to them, 'Truly I tell you, some who are standing here will not taste death before they see that the kingdom of God has come with power."

Yes, this is Similar to Matthew 16:28 above, this suggests an imminent coming of Jesus' kingdom in the lifetime of the apostles.

5. 1 Corinthians 16:22: "Come, Lord!"

Here, paul's cry for Jesus' return reflects the anticipation of an imminent event doesn't it?

6. Hebrews 1:2: "But in these last
days
he has spoken to us by his Son."

The author of Hebrews indicates that they were living in the last days, suggesting the nearness of Jesus' return.

7. Hebrews 10:37: "For, 'In just a little while, he who is coming will come and will not delay.'"

Again, this emphasizes the imminence of Jesus' return as at when that statement was made.

8. James 5:8-9: "You too, be patient and stand firm, because the Lord’s coming is near."

This verse underscores the expectation of an imminent return. Who was James addressing? You? Me? Nope! The book of James is addressed to the twelve tribes of Israel scattered among the nations.(James 1:1), indicating that it was written to Jewish Christians dispersed throughout various regions during his time. Why were they scattered? Because they were being persecuted. As they fled, they spread the good news of the kingdom. That also explains how the good news was preached to all nations during their time. I said all NATIONS because:
Colossians 1:23: "...if you continue in your faith, established and firm, and do not move from the hope held out in the gospel. This is the gospel that you heard and that has been proclaimed to every creature under heaven, and of which I, Paul, have become a servant."

The good news was preached to ALL NATIONS and every creature under heaven in the lifetime of the apostles. Let's continue.

9. Revelation 1:1: "The revelation from Jesus Christ, which God gave him to show his servants what must soon take place."

The bolded "must soon" indicates that the events described in Revelation were imminent when Jesus revealed it.

10. Revelation 22:10: "Then he told me, 'Do not seal up the words of the prophecy of this scroll, because the time is near.'"

Unlike daniel who was told to seal up what he saw in a vision from God because the vision concerned a future event, John is told here not to seal up his vision and the reason is boldly stated above. This Indicates that the fulfillment of the prophecies in Revelation was imminent during John's time.

11. Revelation 22:20: "He who testifies to these things says, 'Yes, I am coming soon.' Amen. Come, Lord Jesus."

Let me explain the above scripture in a simple way:

Jesus: Yes I am coming soon.

John: Amen. Come, Lord Jesus.

John's final affirmation confirms the imminent return of Jesus. End of story.

Bearing the above scriptures in mind, when you see phrases like:

He is coming, We are in the last days, time left is short, Come lord Jesus, You will not run to all towns in Israel, What must soon take place, This generation e.t.c

Do they suggest a future event approximately 2000 years after the statement was uttered/written or does it suggest something imminent in the lifetime of the apostles?

Let's discuss and please air your thoughts respectfully. Remember, Iron sharpens iron.

nlfpmod
Mynd44

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Second Coming Of Jesus: Past Or Future? by vdestro: 9:00am On Apr 07
Moderator101:

Although the scriptures makes it clear that no one knows the day or hour Jesus would return, Jesus did give clues or hints that would make believers know their redemption was near.

Using those clues, alot of preachers, pastors and so called prophets have predicted the second coming of Jesus and guess what.........they all failed miserably. These are men that claim to be inspired by God's holy spirit yet their predictions or expectations were woefully wrong.☹️

Why?

Despite all visible signs, earthquakes, war, pestilence, men being lovers of themselves and lovers of money, Why has Jesus refused to return when men expected him? 🤔

Could it be that his return already took place in the past during the generation and time of the disciples?

Is part of His Return not that "ALL MEN WILL SEE HIM COMING FROM THE CLOUDS, THE SAME WAY HE LEFT AND THE WORLD STOP.BECAUSE, ITS JUDGMENT.TIME?

Have these happened?

Did all these visible signs today take place back then?

No, no no!

Then see how the devils blaspheme anytime God moves Closer
Re: Second Coming Of Jesus: Past Or Future? by Moderator101: 9:16am On Apr 07
vdestro:

Is part of His Return not that "ALL MEN WILL SEE HIM COMING FROM THE CLOUDS, THE SAME WAY HE LEFT AND THE WORLD STOP.BECAUSE, ITS JUDGMENT.TIME?

Have these happened?

Did all these visible signs today take place back then?

No, no no!

Then see how the devils blaspheme anytime God moves Closer

The answer to the bolded is yes.

Remember that Jesus began listing the signs when his disciples asked him:

"Tell us, when shall these things be? and what shall be the sign of thy coming, and of the end of the world?"

They asked him that question because Jesus told them this:

And Jesus went out, and departed from the temple: and his disciples came to him for to shew him the buildings of the temple. And Jesus said unto them, See ye not all these things? verily I say unto you, There shall not be left here one stone upon another, that shall not be thrown down.

In other words, Jesus began listing the signs when he told them the temple would be destroyed completely prompting them to ask when it would happen and the sign of his coming.

Josephus a historian, explained alot of the visible signs in his work "The Jewish War" which he wrote around 75-79 AD. This historical account details the events leading up to and including the Roman siege and destruction of Jerusalem in 70 AD.

Were there other historians? The answer is Yes.

There are several other historians who documented the destruction of Jerusalem and the events surrounding it. One of the most notable is Tacitus, a Roman historian who wrote about the Jewish-Roman War in his work "Histories." Another is Suetonius, who mentioned the destruction briefly in his "The Twelve Caesars." Additionally, Cassius Dio, a Roman historian, covered the events in his "Roman History." These historians provide valuable insights into the historical context and details of the destruction of Jerusalem.
Re: Second Coming Of Jesus: Past Or Future? by vdestro: 9:27am On Apr 07
Moderator101:

The answer to the bolded is yes.

Remember that Jesus began listing the signs when his disciples asked him:

They asked him that question because Jesus told them this:

In other words, Jesus began listing the signs when he told them the temple would be destroyed completely prompting them to ask when it would happen and the sign of his coming.

Josephus a historian, explained alot of the visible signs in his work "The Jewish War" which he wrote around 75-79 AD. This historical account details the event leading up to and including the Roman siege and destruction of Jerusalem in 70 AD.

You said "leading up to" which means they did not take place then, neither did we see the.temple fall down at that time, so you are wrong.
Re: Second Coming Of Jesus: Past Or Future? by EreluRoz: 9:32am On Apr 07
So you mean there's no coming of Jesus Christ again? I didn't read all your post sha
Re: Second Coming Of Jesus: Past Or Future? by Moderator101: 9:36am On Apr 07
vdestro:

You said "leading up to" which means they did not take place then, neither did we see the.temple fall down at that time, so you are wrong.

Events that led to the destruction of the temple.

What were the events that led to the destruction of the temple? The historians I mentioned above discussed about those events in their works.

They mentioned alot of things Jesus said would happen before the temple is destroyed and before his second coming.

You did not see the temple get destroyed because you were not in existence in 70ad when the temple was actually destroyed.

In other words, when Jesus was Listing the signs that would lead to the destruction of the temple and the end of the age of that generation, he was talking to his disciples not to you.

He told his disciples to flee to the mountains when the abomination of desolation arrives. Was he talking to you to flee to a mountain? No!

If you say that none of what Jesus said to his disciples has happened, you are indirectly calling Jesus a liar.
Re: Second Coming Of Jesus: Past Or Future? by Moderator101: 9:39am On Apr 07
EreluRoz:
So you mean there's no coming of Jesus Christ again? I didn't read all your post sha

Please try and read it.
Re: Second Coming Of Jesus: Past Or Future? by vdestro: 9:41am On Apr 07
Moderator101:

Events that led to the destruction of the temple.

What were the events that led to the destruction of the temple? The historians I mentioned above discussed about those events in their works.

They mentioned alot of things Jesus said would happen before the temple is destroyed and before his second coming.

You did not see the temple get destroyed because you were not in existence in 70ad when the temple was actually destroyed.

Would happen means future.

And we all saw that the sane bible which.told us this prophecy showed that the temple did not fall even after Revelations was written by John.

So, you are still Wrong.
Re: Second Coming Of Jesus: Past Or Future? by valentineuwakwe(m): 9:45am On Apr 07
When you die you meet judgement......either u see jesus or you follow lucifer!
Re: Second Coming Of Jesus: Past Or Future? by Moderator101: 9:46am On Apr 07
vdestro:

Would happen means future.

And we all saw that the sane bible which.told us this prophecy showed that the temple did not fall even after Revelations was written by John.

So, you are still Wrong.

The temple did not fall?

Am sorry but this is were I end my conversation with you. It's obvious you don't have knowledge of Jewish history and this would cause us have pointless arguments.

Do some research. You can start with Wikipedia and then proceed to other articles or books.

Re: Second Coming Of Jesus: Past Or Future? by David0002: 9:50am On Apr 07
Moderator101:

Why?

Let's look at some scriptures📖:

Who was jesus talking to? We Christians today or his disciples back then? If the answer is the latter, Then this suggests a close connection between the disciples' preaching and Jesus' return doesn't it?

Again, who was jesus talking to here? We Christians today or the disciples back then? If it was the latter then this implies that some of Jesus' disciples would witness his coming before they died. Further proof of this is found in:

Crystal clear isn't it? Let's continue.

Do I need to ask which generation Jesus was referring to here? The generation that pierced him will see him come in the clouds (revelation 1:7)
Therefore that verse in Matthew indicates that Jesus' return would occur within the lifetime of his contemporaries, right? Okay let's continue.

Yes, this is Similar to Matthew 16:28 above, this suggests an imminent coming of Jesus' kingdom in the lifetime of the apostles.

Here, paul's cry for Jesus' return reflects the anticipation of an imminent event doesn't it?

The author of Hebrews indicates that they were living in the last days, suggesting the nearness of Jesus' return.

Again, this emphasizes the imminence of Jesus' return as at when that statement was made.

This verse underscores the expectation of an imminent return. Who was James addressing? You? Me? Nope! The book of James is addressed to the twelve tribes of Israel scattered among the nations.(James 1:1), indicating that it was written to Jewish Christians dispersed throughout various regions during his time. Why were they scattered? Because they were being persecuted. As they fled, they spread the good news of the kingdom. That also explains how the good news was preached to all nations during their time. I said all NATIONS because:

The good news was preached to ALL NATIONS and every creature under heaven in the lifetime of the apostles. Let's continue.

The bolded "must soon" indicates that the events described in Revelation were imminent when Jesus revealed it.

Unlike daniel who was told to seal up what he saw in a vision from God because the vision concerned a future event, John is told here not to seal up his vision and the reason is boldly stated above. This Indicates that the fulfillment of the prophecies in Revelation was imminent during John's time.

Let me explain the above scripture in a simple way:

Jesus: Yes I am coming soon.

John: Amen. Come, Lord Jesus.

John's final affirmation confirms the imminent return of Jesus. End of story.

Bearing the above scriptures in mind, when you see phrases like:

He is coming, We are in the last days, time left is short, Come lord Jesus, You will not run to all towns in Israel, What must soon take place, This generation e.t.c

Do they suggest a future event approximately 2000 years after the statement was uttered/written or does it suggest something imminent in the lifetime of the apostles?

Let's discuss and please air your thoughts respectfully. Remember, Iron sharpens iron.

nlfpmod
Mynd44

Op, I am really afraid. I have thought about these things lately, but I couldn't make anything out of it. Does it really mean that the rapture has already taken place?
Re: Second Coming Of Jesus: Past Or Future? by vdestro: 9:51am On Apr 07
Moderator101:

The temple did not fall?

Am sorry but this is were I end my conversation with you. It's obvious you don't have knowledge of Jewish history and this would cause us have pointless arguments.

Do some research. You can start with Wikipedia and then proceed to other articles or books.

I said even "after revelations was.written. See it now you are trying to pervert my words exactly how you are trying to pervert the Word of God.
Re: Second Coming Of Jesus: Past Or Future? by Moderator101: 9:55am On Apr 07
valentineuwakwe:
When you die you meet judgement......either u see jesus or you follow lucifer!

100% correct.

There will never be a time that Jesus will come in the sky to pass judgement and end the world.

Rather, when you die you go straight up to face judgement. Your works determines your reward and your name being in the book of life determines whether or note you'll get to party with angels.

And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works.

1 Like

Re: Second Coming Of Jesus: Past Or Future? by vdestro: 10:02am On Apr 07
David0002:

Op, I am really afraid. I have thought about these things lately, but I couldn't make anything out of it. Does it really mean that the rapture has already taken place?

Dont know what the Op said, but i told you all before that the rapture has taken place.

https://www.nairaland.com/6308135/tired-waiting-rapture#96951536
Re: Second Coming Of Jesus: Past Or Future? by David0002: 10:09am On Apr 07
vdestro:

Dont know what the Op said, but i told you all before that the rapture has taken place.

https://www.nairaland.com/6308135/tired-waiting-rapture#96951536
Let me read your article concerning the rapture immediately, I will get back to you.
Re: Second Coming Of Jesus: Past Or Future? by Moderator101: 10:10am On Apr 07
David0002:

There is nothing to be afriad of.

Continue to worship God and live your life according to his teachings and that of Christ.

When you die you face judgement and your reward will be given to you.

As for your question regarding rapture,

1 Corinthians 15:51: "Behold, I tell you a mystery: We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed—" (1 Corinthians 15:51, NKJV)

Who was Paul talking to when he said "We"?

A. You and him?

Or

B. He and the church in Corinth?

If it is the latter (B) then it did happen in their time. Not all of them saw death as Jesus himself said. Which means Jesus was right and apostle Paul was right.

If it is the former (A) that means Paul wasn't talking to the Church in Corinth he was talking to people who will read the scriptures 2000 years later after he and other believers have died. It also means Jesus lied when he told them not all of them will die before he comes.
Re: Second Coming Of Jesus: Past Or Future? by Moderator101: 10:25am On Apr 07
David0002:

I have thought about these things lately, but I couldn't make anything out of it.

By the way am glad there are still people out there that think about what they read in scripture.

If you did read the original write-up above you will see that the scriptures is clear. I did not add a single word to the scriptures I quoted.

The confusion you are experiencing is as a result of so called preachers, pastors and prophets of today who continue to fail in their predictions because they refuse to accept what the scriptures clearly tells them.

Continue to have the kind of mind you have and you will never be a slave to the fake pastors, prophets or preachers of today neither will you feel compelled to belong or be a full time supporter to a particular church like a football club.

Truth doesn't cage you, it sets you free.

1 Like

Re: Second Coming Of Jesus: Past Or Future? by David0002: 10:25am On Apr 07
Moderator101:

There is nothing to be afriad of.

Continue to worship God and live your life according to his teachings and that of Christ.

When you die you face judgement and your reward will be given to you.

As for your question regarding rapture,

Who was Paul talking to when he said "We"?

A. You and him?

Or

B. He and the church in Corinth?

If it is the latter (B) then it did happen in their time. Not all of them saw death as Jesus himself said. Which means Jesus was right and apostle Paul was right.

If it is the former (A) that means Paul wasn't talking to the Church in Corinth he was talking to people who will read the scriptures 2000 years later after he and other believers have died. It also means Jesus lied when he told them not all of them will die before he comes.

Thanks for the reply. But back to my question. I need a concrete answer. Has rapture or second coming of Jesus happen already, or is it still a future event. Does it mean that history is hiding a lot of things from us? Thanks and waiting for your reply.
Re: Second Coming Of Jesus: Past Or Future? by David0002: 10:31am On Apr 07
Moderator101:

By the way am glad there are still people out there that think about what they read in scripture.

If you did read the original write-up above you will see that the scriptures is clear. I did not add a single word to the scriptures I quoted.

The confusion you are experiencing is as a result of so called preachers, pastors and prophets of today who continue to fail in their predictions because they refuse to accept what the scriptures clearly tells them.

Continue to have the kind of mind you have and you will never be a slave to the fake pastors, prophets or preachers of today neither will you feel compelled to belong or be a full time supporter to a particular church like a football club.

Truth doesn't cage you, it sets you free.

Thanks very much for the encouragement. But something deep inside of me tells me that the rapture may have taken place. And that the Holy Spirit has been taken away from the church. What is happening now is fake and counterfeit miracles from the so called fake pastors, prophets and bishops. This is the reason why I have stopped going to church. What do you think of it?
Re: Second Coming Of Jesus: Past Or Future? by Moderator101: 10:34am On Apr 07
David0002:

Does it mean that history is hiding a lot of things from us? Thanks and waiting for your reply.

Gbam!

You've hit the nail on the head.

You can imagine that the guy I was discussing with above has no knowledge that the temple was destroyed in 70AD.

Why won't this so called men of God deceive and enslave people when the people themselves perish as a result of lack of knowledge.

Brother, I will not spoon feed you. Search for truth and you will find it. You're already on the right path if really like you said you did think over those scriptures when you read them.
Re: Second Coming Of Jesus: Past Or Future? by benodic: 10:35am On Apr 07
During my early formative years in christianity, I had the same questions .further deep spiritual search revealed a lot of things to me..
I realized that the second coming of Christ was not a physical event but actually a spiritual one. Also it was an event to be witnessed by the individail within himself..

this event has already happened for many people and it is still happening till now .
It is the acquiring of the Christ Consciouness

The Spiritual Journey still remains an individual affair occuring in the consciousness and hearts of those who truly loves God.
t is not a group Jamboree or fiesta with people clapping and cheering from the sidelines.
Re: Second Coming Of Jesus: Past Or Future? by David0002: 10:49am On Apr 07
Moderator101:

Gbam!

You've hit the nail on the head.

You can imagine that the guy I was discussing with above has no knowledge that the temple was destroyed in 70AD.

Why won't this so called men of God deceive and enslave people when the people themselves perish as a result of lack of knowledge.

Brother, I will not spoon feed you. Search for truth and you will find it. You're already on the right path if really like you said you did think over those scriptures when you uttread them.

Some people are ignorant of the scriptures. Who doesn't know Jerusalem was destroyed in AD70. Instead of them to do their homework, they are here engaging you in needles arguments
Re: Second Coming Of Jesus: Past Or Future? by vdestro: 11:56am On Apr 07
David0002:

Let me read your article concerning the rapture immediately, I will get back to you.

This one too

https://www.nairaland.com/6794934/marked-demolition-destruction-rapture#106602743
Re: Second Coming Of Jesus: Past Or Future? by vdestro: 12:05pm On Apr 07
David0002:

Some people are ignorant of the scriptures. Who doesn't know Jerusalem was destroyed in AD70. Instead of them to do their homework, they are here engaging you in needles arguments

Did i say jerusalem was never destroyed?

The op lied, insinuating that end time prophecies took place at Jesus time whereas even after Jesus died and ascended up.to John's Revelations, the temple had still not being destroyed.

Whereas he lied that all the visible signs which the world only began to see for the first tome after 2010, took place even back in Jesus' time when brothers and families were still close up to the 60's in Europe and America when the end started for them while our own in Nigeria.started after 2010.

1 Like

Re: Second Coming Of Jesus: Past Or Future? by David0002: 2:28pm On Apr 07
vdestro:

Did i say jerusalem was never destroyed?

The op lied, insinuating that end time prophecies took place at Jesus time whereas even after Jesus died and ascended up.to John's Revelations, the temple had still not being destroyed.

Whereas he lied that all the visible signs which the world only began to see for the first tome after 2010, took place even back in Jesus' time when brothers and families were still close up to the 60's in Europe and America when the end started for them while our own in Nigeria.started after 2010.

Hmm, there is truth in what you are saying
Re: Second Coming Of Jesus: Past Or Future? by Melagros(m): 3:09pm On Apr 07
COMRADES, I won't pretend, I am here to learn
Re: Second Coming Of Jesus: Past Or Future? by AcadaWriter: 3:20pm On Apr 07
COMRADES, I won't pretend, I am here to learn
Re: Second Coming Of Jesus: Past Or Future? by DoWhatThouWilt: 6:14pm On Apr 08
shocked

No wonder all so called prophecies continue to fail.

Like the one MaxInDHouse JW did numerous times.
Re: Second Coming Of Jesus: Past Or Future? by MindHacker9009(m): 8:26pm On Apr 08
If he did or is was coming back then he must returned in 70 AD when the Roman empire destroyed Jerusalem and the Temple as he had promised that immediately after the tribulations in Jerusalem they will see him coming down from the clouds.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GTxDcif-XT4
Re: Second Coming Of Jesus: Past Or Future? by Kobojunkie: 4:51am On Apr 09
Moderator101:
Why?
To understand the different events you must first endeavor to understand what Jesus Christ in fact taught before anything else. undecided

Matthew 24, Mark 13, along with Luke 21 are references to events that took place about 1900 years ago. Jesus Christ informed you of this when He expressed that all the events described within those contexts would take place in the very same generation that His disciples, the ones to whom His responses were tailored for were a part of. Once you accept what Jesus Christ in fact said in those passages as Truth, you almost begin to see how what He said in Matthew 10, Matthew 16, and even Mark 9 fit in to that same timeline which He gave. undecided

What is way off in the future is not the coming of the Kingdom of God which instead arrived after the end time/close of God's final judgement against the nation of Israel in the land of Canaan which marked the beginning of the time of the Kingdom of God, an eternal kingdom. Rather, what is off in the future is the return of the King or the coming again of the King. undecided
Re: Second Coming Of Jesus: Past Or Future? by Kobojunkie: 7:13pm On Apr 09
Moderator101:
■ The answer to the bolded is yes. Remember that Jesus began listing the signs when his disciples asked him: They asked him that question because Jesus told them this: ...In other words, Jesus began listing the signs when he told them the temple would be destroyed completely prompting them to ask when it would happen and the sign of his coming.
Josephus a historian, explained alot of the visible signs in his work "The Jewish War" which he wrote around 75-79 AD. This historical account details the events leading up to and including the Roman siege and destruction of Jerusalem in 70 AD.
Were there other historians? The answer is Yes. There are several other historians who documented the destruction of Jerusalem and the events surrounding it. One of the most notable is Tacitus, a Roman historian who wrote about the Jewish-Roman War in his work "Histories." Another is Suetonius, who mentioned the destruction briefly in his "The Twelve Caesars." Additionally, Cassius Dio, a Roman historian, covered the events in his "Roman History." These historians provide valuable insights into the historical context and details of the destruction of Jerusalem.
According to Jesus Christ, ALL of the end of time events He spoke of in Matthew 24, Mark 13, and Luke 21 took place over 1900 years ago.
1 Jesus left the Temple area and was walking away. But his followers came to him to show him the Temple’s buildings.
2 He asked them, “Are you looking at these buildings? The fact is, they will be destroyed. Every stone will be thrown down to the ground. Not one stone will be left on another.”
3 Later, Jesus was sitting at a place on the Mount of Olives. The followers came to be alone with him. They said, (Question#1) “Tell us when these things will happen.(Question#2) And what will happen to prepare us for your coming and the end of time?” - Matthew 24 vs 1 - 3
1 Jesus was leaving the Temple area. One of his followers said to him, “Teacher, look how big those stones are! What beautiful buildings!”
2 Jesus said, “Do you see these great buildings? They will all be destroyed. Every stone will be thrown down to the ground. Not one stone will be left on another.”
3 Later, Jesus was sitting at a place on the Mount of Olives. He was alone with Peter, James, John, and Andrew. They could all see the Temple, and they said to Jesus,
4 (Question #1) “Tell us when these things will happen. (Question #2) And what will show us it is time for them to happen?” - Mark 13 vs 1 - 4
5 Some of the followers were talking about the Temple. They said, “This is a beautiful Temple, built with the best stones. Look at the many good gifts that have been offered to God.”
6 But Jesus said, “The time will come when all that you see here will be destroyed. Every stone of these buildings will be thrown down to the ground. Not one stone will be left on another.”
7 Some followers asked Jesus, (Question #1) “Teacher, when will these things happen? (Question #2) What will show us that it is time for these things to happen?” - Luke 21 vs 5-7
Clearly, the response given by Jesus Christ in Matthew 24, Mark 13, and Luke 21, revolve around the events that took place during the same generation that His disciples were born into.
29 “Right after the trouble of those days, this will happen:‘The sun will become dark, and the moon will not give light.The stars will fall from the sky, and everything in the sky will be changed.’[c]
30 “Then there will be something in the sky that shows the Son of Man is coming. All the people of the world will cry. Everyone will see the Son of Man coming on the clouds in the sky. He will come with power and great glory.
31 He will use a loud trumpet to send his angels all aroun
32 “The fig tree teaches us a lesson: When its branches become green and soft, and new leaves begin to grow, then you know that summer is very near.
33 In the same way, when you see ALL these things happening, you will know that the time[d] is very near, already present.
34 I assure you that ALL these things will happen while some of the people of this time are still living.
35 The whole world, earth and sky, will be destroyed, but my words will last forever. - Matthew 24 vs 32 - 35
And the details equally presented by Jesus Christ in Matthew 10 and Matthew 16 equally fit with the events laid out in the above passages. undecided
Re: Second Coming Of Jesus: Past Or Future? by Kobojunkie: 7:21pm On Apr 09
David0002:
■ Thanks for the reply. But back to my question. I need a concrete answer. Has rapture or second coming of Jesus happen already, or is it still a future event.
■ Does it mean that history is hiding a lot of things from us? Thanks and waiting for your reply.
Well, here's the thing, you have to be clear on what exactly it is you consider the rapture to have your question answered. If your rapture is linked to the events Jesus Christ detailed in Matthew 24, Mark 13, and Luke 21, then yes, whatever it was occurred almost 1900 years ago, just as Jesus Christ said. undecided

2. History isn't hiding anything from anyone. The problem is ignorance and accepting the popular narrative fed you over what is in fact written in Scripture. undecided

(1) (2) (Reply)

Tonight's Instruction. / Holiness Delivers Peace / Spiritual Digest For The Day 3rd Of August 2015

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 132
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.