Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,735 members, 7,817,019 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:12 PM

Price War: Ethiopian Airlines On Lagos -london Route Now Cheaper Than Air Peace - Travel (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Price War: Ethiopian Airlines On Lagos -london Route Now Cheaper Than Air Peace (62685 Views)

Air Peace Flight To London Sparks Price War Among Foreign Airlines / Foreign Carriers Engage In Price War To Frustrate Air Peace Out Of London / Ethiopian Airlines Plane Crashes With 157 People On Board (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Price War: Ethiopian Airlines On Lagos -london Route Now Cheaper Than Air Peace by CluelessMODS: 12:36am On Apr 08
sonnie10:

But Air peace had the resource to go and rescue your families from Sudan free of charge on multiple flights.
Hate beclouds one reasoning.
And you think that was free? Do you know the free taxes they will get from government for doing that? Everything to you people is hate.

1 Like

Re: Price War: Ethiopian Airlines On Lagos -london Route Now Cheaper Than Air Peace by JuanDeDios: 12:36am On Apr 08
orion7:
16 hrs. Who be the fool wey wan do that kin waka
Not fools. Students. Anyone on a budget.

1 Like

Re: Price War: Ethiopian Airlines On Lagos -london Route Now Cheaper Than Air Peace by slimfit1(m): 12:38am On Apr 08
Judolisco:
must Nigeria purchase it? When we are pushing for more firms to be privatised...
What are you talking about?
Re: Price War: Ethiopian Airlines On Lagos -london Route Now Cheaper Than Air Peace by CluelessMODS: 12:39am On Apr 08
tellwisdom:
See airlines wey we de fly 85-130k back then, don turn 600k-1m and people de say e cheap.

I no sure say all my expenses during my first trip reach 500k- Ticket, hotel and PTA.

Now I see people rushing to buy a ticket for 1-3million just to go see another man’s country.

I’d better use that money to buy food and eat than give these criminals. If na to pay one witch for benin to carry me ontop broom, I no mind.
You dey talk rubbish! What about people going on business trip? You sound like everybody is going for sight seeing. If you can't afford it use your broom and stop telling people how to spend their money.
Mind you don't fly thru Ijebu Ode with your broom 🧹....Be warned!

1 Like

Re: Price War: Ethiopian Airlines On Lagos -london Route Now Cheaper Than Air Peace by nony43(m): 12:40am On Apr 08
mobisonkk2:
And those naive emotional brainless twats called you names without understanding your point of view.
No be everywhere ibo sense they work, other airlines will do anything to kick airpeace out then hike their prices. I pray airpeace wins 🏆

Both you and the guy you quoted are daft. Go back and look that picture, the price of a 16 hours flight to London and 6 hours flight to London are not the same. Transit flights are always cheaper.
Re: Price War: Ethiopian Airlines On Lagos -london Route Now Cheaper Than Air Peace by CluelessMODS: 12:43am On Apr 08
Raylight2:
May US VISA Fee drop as flight fare is dropping
That still doesn't guarantee you visa.

1 Like

Re: Price War: Ethiopian Airlines On Lagos -london Route Now Cheaper Than Air Peace by blowjohn(m): 12:44am On Apr 08
Faiththatworks:
I'm perplexed and still in shock at what these airlines are doing.
I believe in capitalism,I believe that the customer is king and free to chose any options available to him/her but sincerely I wish Nigerians could boycott all these thieving, unpatriotic, profit taking and imbecilic foreign airlines and fly only Air Peace.
I say this because I know about the airline business,just 2 months ago,the cheapest tickets one way from Manchester to Lagos on ethopia airlines was close to 1 million naira when the Us dollar was close to 1400.
I remember the price for the tickets around 751$.
Suddenly from Lagos to London on these imbecilic airline is now 700000.
U wonder the amount of crazy profit these mad airlines milked our citizens for the last 1 year.
That's why I query the kind of huge losses some foreign companies operating in Nigeria were declaring last month,it's a terrible scam.
Nigerian should please support their own,let us stop this terrible habit of always bring our own down, this is the emotions these foreigners play on to totally suck us dry.
I stand with Air Peace and all other Indigenous owned Businesses all over Nigeria,who have put Patriotism above Profit.
God bless Nigeria.

When I said it here that Indomie had No business increasing prices cos they have a guje customet Base, people were attacking me.

I just wished were had cheaper noodles made by a Nigerian anf lets see if Indomie wont crash their prices.
Re: Price War: Ethiopian Airlines On Lagos -london Route Now Cheaper Than Air Peace by CluelessMODS: 12:46am On Apr 08
Emlproperties:
Omo, that's madness.
There is nothing like madness, they route everything to their country to make more money. It is common practice with most airlines.
Re: Price War: Ethiopian Airlines On Lagos -london Route Now Cheaper Than Air Peace by Papayaayasager(m): 12:47am On Apr 08
waternogetememy:

WHAT DID AIR PEACE DO TO YOU?

He's from the S/Waste that's why

They are just hateful and bittered for other people's progress
Re: Price War: Ethiopian Airlines On Lagos -london Route Now Cheaper Than Air Peace by bonnez(m): 12:47am On Apr 08
Ozommadu:

If wishes were horses🥱

Can you boast of 500k in your account and you're here on nairaland collecting 30k monthly stipend to push propaganda for Apc?? Dey play

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

1 Like

Re: Price War: Ethiopian Airlines On Lagos -london Route Now Cheaper Than Air Peace by MT: 1:05am On Apr 08
abc115:
Price War: Ethiopian Airlines on Lagos -London Route now Cheaper than Air Peace

It depends on the class you book and the date.

You have to compare likes to likes
Re: Price War: Ethiopian Airlines On Lagos -london Route Now Cheaper Than Air Peace by Olu1000: 1:07am On Apr 08
orion7:

If they like they can charge 100k , Air Peace will still make good money.The route is too busy for Air Peace not to make profits.Lagos to London is like Iyana Paja to Oshodi to so many people.
Re: Price War: Ethiopian Airlines On Lagos -london Route Now Cheaper Than Air Peace by Papayaayasager(m): 1:11am On Apr 08
mobisonkk2:
And those naive emotional brainless twats called you names without understanding your point of view.
No be everywhere ibo sense they work, other airlines will do anything to kick airpeace out then hike their prices. I pray airpeace wins 🏆

You people just dey drink Panadol for another man headache

Before Air peace will embark on this price slash journey don't you think he anticipated the clapback?

Air peace is already booked till September whilst the foreign airlines are slashing their prices not to be relegated to the background

As it stands now Air peace is the one calling the shots and as a patriotic Nigerian who understands what it takes to be new in the Lagos - London route

He can even go lower than the foreign airlines because he's not like them that has to convert their profits to foreign currency to remit back to their countries

If you know Allen Onyema very well he never backs down

The game has just began

Long live Federal Republic of Nigeria
Long live Air peace
Long live Africa

1 Like

Re: Price War: Ethiopian Airlines On Lagos -london Route Now Cheaper Than Air Peace by Slytiger: 1:17am On Apr 08
Konquest:

16 hours 45 minutes from LOS to London Gatwick via Ethiopian Airlines?... I'll pass.
Unlike AirPeace, Ethiopian Airline flies to both Heathrow and Gatwick. If you were on a budget and flying to London, Ethiopia via adis ababa to Heathrow is a no brainer.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Price War: Ethiopian Airlines On Lagos -london Route Now Cheaper Than Air Peace by Ozommadu: 1:19am On Apr 08
Bankkym:

Even from your name you already seem stupid
Wailer

Keep wailing

1 Like

Re: Price War: Ethiopian Airlines On Lagos -london Route Now Cheaper Than Air Peace by sonnie10: 1:20am On Apr 08
CluelessMODS:

And you think that was free? Do you know the free taxes they will get from government for doing that? Everything to you people is hate.
And other airline operators don’t like free tax. People like you who belittles someone’s efforts and good gestures would hardly offer a thirsty man free drinking water.
All of sudden an airline company that was denied every support by that government, iwas hoping to get free tax from the same folks that were hostile to him.
Re: Price War: Ethiopian Airlines On Lagos -london Route Now Cheaper Than Air Peace by alfarouq(m): 1:23am On Apr 08
I think this is the time for Nigerians to be stick with Air peace and any other Nigerian Airline that helped to beat down the price. Air Peace must be in service for Nigeria and Nigerians to really win and benefit.

Air Peace should continue to be patriotic and empathetic to the plight of Nigerians and Nigerians should pay back the good will of Airpeace by sticking with them.

2 Likes

Re: Price War: Ethiopian Airlines On Lagos -london Route Now Cheaper Than Air Peace by OALandAgents: 1:23am On Apr 08
I flew Ethiopian airlines in 2018 London to Enugu, it was way cheaper than any other foreign airline going into Nigeria, but they still took advantage of us in that the service and quality of meals and airplane was much higher in the London-Addis Ababa portion of the flight, than the Addis Ababa-Enugu portion.
The Airplane they used to fly to Enugu after the layover in Ethiopia was visibly old and unkempt, with no tv screen or audio visual entertainment.
The meal was plain rice and plain 🍅 tomato paste and nothing else and I am not even exaggerating.

But that was 2018 and I haven't flew Ethiopian again so I don't know whether they have since improved their service for their Addis Ababa - Enugu route.

I am not knocking them too much because they are the only foreign airline flying direct to Enugu, so they have no competition.

Given the choice I would choose Ethiopian over any non-African or non-black Airlines.
Re: Price War: Ethiopian Airlines On Lagos -london Route Now Cheaper Than Air Peace by Ozommadu: 1:24am On Apr 08
Goodnewsforlife:
u igbos n your madness

It’s everyone not supporting your fraud that is collecting money

Why are you calling Igbos?? Are they the reason you can't afford 3 square meals?

1 Like

Re: Price War: Ethiopian Airlines On Lagos -london Route Now Cheaper Than Air Peace by Ozommadu: 1:25am On Apr 08
Dittodat:

Just because some of you are so poor mentally and financially, you are always quick to accuse people of collecting money to support their candidates. One moronic low-life idiot just accused me of supporting a party because of a monthly stipend. grin grin grin
A whole me that can feed his family his whole family for a whole year with what I make in just one week even with the lower exchange rate.

Maybe you people are getting paid to support Obi because that is the only reason for you to assume that others are getting paid.
Pathetic. It also goes to show that you people can be bought since money seems to be everything to you.

You can feed them with ebin pawa ...we know😂
Re: Price War: Ethiopian Airlines On Lagos -london Route Now Cheaper Than Air Peace by 3seriez(m): 1:27am On Apr 08
Goodvibes007:

Especially those students. When I was schooling in the UK, I always fly via Paris or Amsterdam. They were cheaper. I use to get return back then for like £350.
Lol. They are much on this table.
Re: Price War: Ethiopian Airlines On Lagos -london Route Now Cheaper Than Air Peace by OALandAgents: 1:33am On Apr 08
UK refused to give Airpeace Lagos to London Heathrow route but Airpeace is still working on getting it.
Slytiger:

Unlike AirPeace, Ethiopian Airline flies to both Heathrow and Gatwick.
Re: Price War: Ethiopian Airlines On Lagos -london Route Now Cheaper Than Air Peace by Konquest: 1:33am On Apr 08
Slytiger:

Unlike AirPeace, Ethiopian Airline flies to both Heathrow and Gatwick.
Indeed, that's why Ethiopian Airlines is also the most successful, professionally-run airline on the African continent as of today.
Re: Price War: Ethiopian Airlines On Lagos -london Route Now Cheaper Than Air Peace by sonnie10: 1:33am On Apr 08
OALandAgents:
I flew Ethiopian airlines in 2018 London to Enugu, it was way cheaper than any other foreign airline going into Nigeria, but they still took advantage of us in that the service and quality of meals and airplane was much higher in the London-Addis Ababa portion of the flight, than the Addis Ababa-Enugu portion.
The Airplane they used to fly to Enugu after the layover in Ethiopia was visibly old and unkempt, with no tv screen or audio visual entertainment.
The meal was plain rice and plain 🍅 tomato paste and nothing else and I am not even exaggerating.

But that was 2018 and I haven't flew Ethiopian again so I don't know whether they have since improved their service for their Addis Ababa - Enugu route.

I am not knocking them too much because they are the only foreign airline flying direct to Enugu, so they have competition.

Given the choice I would choose Ethiopian over any non-African or non-black Airlines.
You are ver correct. This is exactly my experience with them from US to Lagos. After the US Adisababa , all the quality of service changed totally. It was riding a molue to Lagos.

1 Like

Re: Price War: Ethiopian Airlines On Lagos -london Route Now Cheaper Than Air Peace by OALandAgents: 1:43am On Apr 08
So they even lowered the service quality for Lagos? I was thinking they only did for Enugu shocked
sonnie10:

You are ver correct. This is exactly my experience with them from US to Lagos. After the US Adisababa , all the quality of service changed totally. It was riding a molue to Lagos.
Re: Price War: Ethiopian Airlines On Lagos -london Route Now Cheaper Than Air Peace by MichaelSokoto(m): 1:47am On Apr 08
orion7:
dey play!
grin

Re: Price War: Ethiopian Airlines On Lagos -london Route Now Cheaper Than Air Peace by WINDSOW(m): 1:50am On Apr 08
The whole responsibility still falls on the government of Nigeria. If they would pull their weight behind Air Peace, walai, it would be great gain for Nigeria.

My take, if Nigeria patronize other fleecing airlifts and jettison AirPeace, we don't lost opportunity life. Therefore, let's PATRONIZE our own.

1 Like

Re: Price War: Ethiopian Airlines On Lagos -london Route Now Cheaper Than Air Peace by Goalnaldo(m): 1:51am On Apr 08
vowiski:
cheesy

Air peace has already cash out ..

I think they have been booked till September
yet we keep saying there's no money in this Nigeria. Are you trying to tell me that it's only politicians that sold out their tickets??
Re: Price War: Ethiopian Airlines On Lagos -london Route Now Cheaper Than Air Peace by Aguogba(m): 1:51am On Apr 08
abc115:
Price War: Ethiopian Airlines on Lagos -London Route now Cheaper than Air Peace
Ethiopia is not cheaper. Air peace is direct flight. Ethiopia has a layover. There is a difference between direct flight and a flight with hours of layover.

Show us the Ethiopia flight with Lagos to London route without a stopover at Adisababa. It can NEVER be cheaper.

1 Like

Re: Price War: Ethiopian Airlines On Lagos -london Route Now Cheaper Than Air Peace by Goalnaldo(m): 1:52am On Apr 08
orion7:
I'm thinking that's an error on airpeace part. Can you really fly from Lagos to London under 7hours??
Re: Price War: Ethiopian Airlines On Lagos -london Route Now Cheaper Than Air Peace by Slytiger: 1:55am On Apr 08
OALandAgents:

I am not knocking them too much because they are the only foreign airline flying direct to Enugu, so they have no competition.

Most of the airlines do this. If you fly KLM, Lufthansa or Air France to the US or Canada where two big planes are required for both the the Lagos to Europe then Europe to North America leg, the Lagos to Europe flight would be an older plane and quality of service would be poorer than the Europe to North America leg which would also have a newer plane.

Just like you me mentioned, could be something to do more with competition. There are way more different airlines flying to North America from Europe so they need to up their game. They are the only ones felting to Enugu like you mentioned so they don't care. Racism crosses my mind but I dont have enough proof to determine if that's the case.

1 Like

Re: Price War: Ethiopian Airlines On Lagos -london Route Now Cheaper Than Air Peace by Nolevel666: 1:56am On Apr 08
helinues:
Good for the travellers. Exactly what I was talking about on the other thread. Free for all

Let the flight fee war begins

Street OT is really important gan cos it works in every sector or industry. Air peace didn't try at all

You never travel before

See him fish brain like OT

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (14) (Reply)

My Ghana Experience 2017 / U.s Business Visa B1/b2 Interview : What To Expect / No Gree For Anybody: Now See This, Na Your Lane, You Go Gree? (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.