Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,901 members, 7,814,049 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 03:50 AM

Police Place Chioma Okoli On Watchlist Over Erisco Product Review - Food (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Police Place Chioma Okoli On Watchlist Over Erisco Product Review (29644 Views)

'How Tomato Paste Importers Are Killing Nigerians' - Erisco Foods (2015) / Nagiko Threatened To Kidnap & Kill Me Over Erisco Tomato Review - Chioma Egodi / Erisco Foods Arrests Chioma Egodi For Saying There Is Too Much Sugar In Tomato (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Police Place Chioma Okoli On Watchlist Over Erisco Product Review by anonimi: 4:08pm On Apr 08
triple996:
NA DEM grin

DEVELOPERS grin grin

criminal conspiracy,
de-marketing,
blackmail,
attempted extortion,
and cyberbullying

I wonder if you know that the owner of Erisco Foods is Eric Umeofia

2 Likes

Re: Police Place Chioma Okoli On Watchlist Over Erisco Product Review by melodyogonna(m): 4:08pm On Apr 08
Is it illegal to make a product review in Nigeria?

1 Like

Re: Police Place Chioma Okoli On Watchlist Over Erisco Product Review by johnog4sure: 4:08pm On Apr 08
Nairaland is disgusting!

1 Like

Re: Police Place Chioma Okoli On Watchlist Over Erisco Product Review by whatisthetruth: 4:09pm On Apr 08
My God and My Lord, see how much fiery hate is present on this thread.

The people's hearts, so dark and wicked, some using terms like "Olosho" to describe a lady they don't even know.

The heart of man is desperately wicked, and Nigerians are so wicked as is displayed on this thread.

May God forgive you wicked souls.

May God bless the kindhearted and fill your lives with joy in Jesus name, amen!

May all good things come to you who is kind of heart and gentle, by the loving grace of Jesus our God, amen!

3 Likes

Re: Police Place Chioma Okoli On Watchlist Over Erisco Product Review by johnog4sure: 4:09pm On Apr 08
anibirelawal:
Everybody wants to trend on social media. But this lady own is unprecedented.

wetin she do?
Re: Police Place Chioma Okoli On Watchlist Over Erisco Product Review by ppogba: 4:10pm On Apr 08
Does is mean Ohaneze I'd Igbo cannot intervene in this age long battle?

Shameful is a mild adjective.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Police Place Chioma Okoli On Watchlist Over Erisco Product Review by Angelfrost(m): 4:11pm On Apr 08
When they tell you people to mind what you post, y'all think it's a joke...!

What started as a normal trolling post has degenerated into arrest, lengthy judicial processes, and now, Immigration ban.

3 Likes

Re: Police Place Chioma Okoli On Watchlist Over Erisco Product Review by ivolt: 4:11pm On Apr 08
faceland:

He lost about 30m in sales due to the review, but he killed his business by not letting it go.
Killed his business?
Do you have access to his balance sheet?
Do you think this is America or Europe.

Erisco is not a fool.
Most of the people buying Erisco's product are not on Tiktok or Reddit
and even some that are there don't care about brand label.

In fact, if Chioma's lawyers are smart, they will argue for leniency because the review or
the backslash had no signifiant effect on Erisco's bottom line.

Now he wants to distroy her life by using the Nigerian legal system.
How is he destroying her life.
Please explain?

3 Likes

Re: Police Place Chioma Okoli On Watchlist Over Erisco Product Review by Kukutenla: 4:12pm On Apr 08
Slytiger:

Reno hasn't lied that MTN service was bad. He is just telling people to buy local.

Reno never said MTN services is bad

Reno is claiming that MTN is ruining our economy because they are not homegrown

Besides, I don't think Reno has the competence to say which services is bad or good. His opinion is called perception. NCC is the organ with competence to do that so Reno can be accused of de-marketing in that sense

1 Like

Re: Police Place Chioma Okoli On Watchlist Over Erisco Product Review by CJStarz: 4:12pm On Apr 08
FreeStuffsNG:
Trouble sleep yanga go wake am up. Smh.

Many of them are still online, criminally cyberbullying and trolling.

She should actually be investing in an amicable settlement with the Erisco man, Eric Umeofia, founder of Erisco Foods Limited, if she did not have any ulterior motive, after all , we are all humans and we can err. Even the Bible counsel you to beg your adversary when you realise that you erred.

All she needs to do to understand how her adversary feels hurt is to place herself in the shoes of her adversary. It really hurts and she needs a measure of humility to come to that reality. It's easy to destroy but to build takes a lot of hardwork. The manner and route she used to give her feedback could have destroyed that man's business and sent him into bankruptcy and penury! She will not want such fate to befall her own business too nah.

The first time I read her comment on the brand, I knew she has gotten herself into avoidable trouble but never knew she'll let it degenerate to this level.

So sad. She should be given the opportunity to defend herself in court. I pray she gets out of the problem.
God bless Nigeria for ever! Check my signature for free stuffs!
I support you with ten cartons of Erisco tin tomatoes.
Na pride go Kee d girl and her supporters

2 Likes

Re: Police Place Chioma Okoli On Watchlist Over Erisco Product Review by ppogba: 4:13pm On Apr 08
Ijaya123:
Hmmm…This will only do more damage to the Erisco food brand.

Naturally, people will always side with the underdog and more so as this is perceived as bullying and unwarranted intimidation towards the lady, no body will go near that man’s product anytime soon.

Bytheway, what exactly does the man expect to get from the court? I think the man took the wrong advice.

Which yeye brand the Erico get for market sef?
If you doubt me, ask any woman that goes to the market about the product.
Re: Police Place Chioma Okoli On Watchlist Over Erisco Product Review by osothermal(m): 4:13pm On Apr 08
UselessBuharist:
What’s the IG’s personal issue in this matter?

The woman didn’t criticise constructively though.

Why place her on watch list as if she committed a crime against the state.

They can’t place kidnappers and thief thief politicians on watch list oo, when it comes to ordinary citizens they will spread like butter on top bread
If she's able to travel to UK,Canada or US, she'll be a big shot and they know

2 Likes

Re: Police Place Chioma Okoli On Watchlist Over Erisco Product Review by Kukutenla: 4:14pm On Apr 08
ivolt:

I am not sure demarketing is a crime on its own as long as the stated claims are true.
As for Reno, his demarketing has nothing to do with MTN's capabilities, it is mostly sentiments.
Moreover, since MTN is a foreign brand, it wouldn't want unnecessary publicity.

I don'[t know what being a foreign brand has to do with laws

The police is accusing someone of de-marketing. It that is an offence in our laws, I wonder how being a foreign brand exempts MTN from enjoying that protection.

Reno's claims cannot be true because he said so. He is not a competent body to make such claims
Re: Police Place Chioma Okoli On Watchlist Over Erisco Product Review by jaymichael(m): 4:15pm On Apr 08
Goodlady:
I thought she was arrested and going to court?
Always verify before coming out in public. Last week I bought one Fafalive that looked like herbs. I tasted a little and detected it's fake. Had to change it. The shop owner agreed it's a bad product. To dey snap pictures dey pursure justice week me!
You dey answer that beauty without brain. Someone told her on the thread to contact the customer service of Erisco for her complaints regarding the product, she refused. She even intensified her remarketing attacks. I heard she even threatened to sue. Allegedly.
She has spread her bed, make she lay on it.

2 Likes

Re: Police Place Chioma Okoli On Watchlist Over Erisco Product Review by ivolt: 4:15pm On Apr 08
Yankee101:
Please is the brand truly sugary or she just lied?
So, you too have never bought it?
Many people never heard of Erisco until this saga.
But from the few previous customers comments, it doesn't taste any different from other local products.

It is not even the sugary aspect that is the problem(they all have sugar derivatives and
that could be written off as mere opinion), it is the claim that the product is killing people.

4 Likes

Re: Police Place Chioma Okoli On Watchlist Over Erisco Product Review by Angelfrost(m): 4:15pm On Apr 08
melodyogonna:
Is it illegal to make a product review in Nigeria?

Well, the right or advisable thing to do is write or email the customer care center of the organization producing the product, and tag or copy Relevant government agencies like Nafdac and Consumer Protection.

When your mail is ignored, then you can go online.

Image is everything in consumer and client centered businesses.

To destroy someone's image is beyond criminal...!

Besides, this is not a case of product review... The gist is that she lied and made unsubstantiated claims intended to harm the reputation (image) of the company.

You should review with sound and verifiable facts... Have witnesses if possible.

5 Likes

Re: Police Place Chioma Okoli On Watchlist Over Erisco Product Review by bigtt76(f): 4:19pm On Apr 08
Re: Police Place Chioma Okoli On Watchlist Over Erisco Product Review by Angelfrost(m): 4:19pm On Apr 08
ivolt:

So, you too have never bought it?
Many peole never heard of Erisco until this saga.
But from the few previous customers comment, it doesn't taste any different from other local products.

It is not even the sugary aspect that is the problem(they all have sugar derivatives and
that could be written off as mere opinion), it is the claim that the product is killing people.

That lady went too far!

She probably thought it would be social media business as usual.

God help her!

4 Likes

Re: Police Place Chioma Okoli On Watchlist Over Erisco Product Review by ivolt: 4:19pm On Apr 08
Kukutenla:

I don'[t know what being a foreign brand has to do with laws

The police is accusing someone of de-marketing. It that is an offence in our laws, I wonder how being a foreign brand exempts MTN from enjoying that protection.

Reno's claims cannot be true because he said so. He is not a competent body to make such claims
It has everything.
Police do not search internet for demarketers unless the victim makes a report!

If someone set a neighbors house on fire and the neighbor refuse to report,
it is not the duty of the police to start moving from street to street in search
of arsonist with no known victims.

I am surprised that you are asking such question with obvious answers.
In many crimes especially those in the fringe of civil violations, no victim no crime as far as the law is concerned.

But if you happen to be a member of MTN's top management, you may wish to report Reno
to the police for the actual crime he committed against your company.

2 Likes

Re: Police Place Chioma Okoli On Watchlist Over Erisco Product Review by RealEmilokan: 4:24pm On Apr 08
This case will eventually lead to the humiliation of the Nigerian police and final downfall of Erisco foods.
Re: Police Place Chioma Okoli On Watchlist Over Erisco Product Review by Kukutenla: 4:25pm On Apr 08
ivolt:

It has everything.
Police do not search internet for demarketers unless the victim makes a report!

If someone set a neighbors house on fire and the neighbor refuse to report,
it is not the duty of the police to start moving from street to street in search
of arsonist with no known victims.

I am surprised that you are asking such question with obvious answers.
In many crimes especially those in the fringe of civil violations, no victim no crime as far as the law is concerned.

But if you happen to be a member of MTN's top management, you may wish to report Reno
to the police for the actual crime he committed against your company.

Oh ok. I get you now. Since no one complains then it is not a crime

Well, I disagree. My question was whether demarketing is actually a crime.

I just used Reno as an example

I can turn your analogy round and say since MTN did not complain, it is probably not a crime

But here is a lady being accused of it

That's why I asked the question if de-marketing is a crime

Oh and for your example on arson, there's a reason Police go on patrol. If police catch an arsonist on patrol, they are not going to let him go simply because no one reported the arson
Re: Police Place Chioma Okoli On Watchlist Over Erisco Product Review by delpee(f): 4:28pm On Apr 08
Yankee101:
Please is the brand truly sugary or she just lied?

Some tomatoes species are naturally sweet. The company may also have added sweeteners in permissible quantity since NAFDAC has not spoken against the brand.

I rarely use tomato paste but I believe that the local brands use more of natural tomatoes and less fillers.
Re: Police Place Chioma Okoli On Watchlist Over Erisco Product Review by valentineuwakwe(m): 4:31pm On Apr 08
Just a review on one tomato paste wey no get level sef...na him we dey hear all this;
Okoli is being investigated for a case of “criminal conspiracy, de-marketing, blackmail, attempted extortion, and cyberbullying”.

If na maggi or Royco she talk about who knows by now she fit don die sef...
Re: Police Place Chioma Okoli On Watchlist Over Erisco Product Review by gigabyte13: 4:33pm On Apr 08
Na Dem Dem
Make Dem dey bully each other
Bullying na part of them.
Gambari keee Fulani
Wertin concern us.
Re: Police Place Chioma Okoli On Watchlist Over Erisco Product Review by melodyogonna(m): 4:33pm On Apr 08
Angelfrost:

Well, the right or advisable thing to do is write or email the customer care center of the organization producing the product, and tag or copy Relevant government agencies like Nafdac and Consumer Protection.

When your mail is ignored, then you can go online.

Image is everything in consumer and client centered businesses.

To destroy someone's image is beyond criminal...!

Besides, this is not a case of product review... The gist is that she lied and made unsubstantiated claims intended to harm the reputation (image) of the company.

You should review with sound and verifiable facts... Have witnesses if possible.
Is it illegal then to make a public review?
Re: Police Place Chioma Okoli On Watchlist Over Erisco Product Review by delpee(f): 4:34pm On Apr 08
CCIA:

Erisco foods said tomato paste na modified starch mixed with color and artificial flavoring. grin

the truth is bitter.

Na so developer take turn billionaire grin

Are you sure of this? Tomato paste is usually made with tomato concentrate and some additives.
Re: Police Place Chioma Okoli On Watchlist Over Erisco Product Review by Itiskdg121(m): 4:34pm On Apr 08
You wonder how Sunday Igboho left Nigeria for Benin Republic. Despite DSS hunt
UselessBuharist:
What’s the IG’s personal issue in this matter?

The woman didn’t criticise constructively though.

Why place her on watch list as if she committed a crime against the state.

They can’t place kidnappers and thief thief politicians on watch list oo, when it comes to ordinary citizens they will spread like butter on top bread

1 Like

Re: Police Place Chioma Okoli On Watchlist Over Erisco Product Review by GodHimself: 4:35pm On Apr 08
Scape goat.

The message is clear: No matter how loudly you cry blue murder online, no matter the number of pressure groups you recruit; talk carelessly and find out.

nlfpmod:

https://saharareporters.com/2024/04/08/exclusive-police-place-chioma-okoli-watchlist-over-erisco-product-review-write

1 Like

Re: Police Place Chioma Okoli On Watchlist Over Erisco Product Review by Lekan239(m): 4:37pm On Apr 08
nlfpmod:

https://saharareporters.com/2024/04/08/exclusive-police-place-chioma-okoli-watchlist-over-erisco-product-review-write
Hmm. Thank God dey are from same place, if not, some people would have taken this too another level
Re: Police Place Chioma Okoli On Watchlist Over Erisco Product Review by CCIA: 4:39pm On Apr 08
delpee:

Are you sure of this? Tomato paste is usually made with tomato concentrate and some additives.

I am sure, that is what all these tomato paste companies do.

they use tomatoes but they add lots of modified starch to it that the modified starch is the bulk if it.

Even all these cheap cheap spaghetti is now made from cassava flour instead of the traditional wheat.

grin
Re: Police Place Chioma Okoli On Watchlist Over Erisco Product Review by Angelfrost(m): 4:39pm On Apr 08
melodyogonna:

Is it illegal then to make a public review?

Absolutely not... Public reviews are acceptable and common place.

However, posting unverified or unverifiable information aimed at damaging the reputation of a corporation is not only frowned upon by Law, but viewed as criminal.

Reviews should be done with facts and objectivity.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

One Pot Tomatoes Stew / Does ORIJIN Contain More Sugar Than Necessary? / Soft Drinks To Cost More As Customs Proposes Excise Duty

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.