Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,534 members, 7,823,319 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 08:41 AM

Subsidy/welfare Are What Government Gives To The Citizens - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Subsidy/welfare Are What Government Gives To The Citizens (130 Views)

Who Destroyed The System Between Buhari, The Governors And The Citizens? (Video) / Delta Government Gives Out Cheques To Victims Of Uwheru Herdsmen Attack / Kaduna Government Gives Conditions For El-Zakzaky To Travel (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Subsidy/welfare Are What Government Gives To The Citizens by Johnjustice: 9:08am On Apr 09
Sometimes I marvel at the ignorance or naivety of Nigerians, ordinary Nigerians who rush to say government should stop all subsidies...if government stop all subsidies, then what are the people, citizens and owners of the nation getting in this country?

The wealth of the nation is not for politicians alone...we see how politicians budgeted billions for automobiles for themselves, this is because the money in government coffers is too much, so they waste it in extravagant living.

Nigerians don't be foolish, in this democracy setting, a government is to cater for the people with the revenue and wealth of the nation, through subsidies, welfare packages, infrastructure to enhance their social and economic life etc.

Its a pity some Nigerians due to tribal bigotry or political sycophancy, always rejoice when government cancels subsidy...is the wealth of the nation for politicians alone?

Politicians are workers of the people, politicians under democracy are not sheiks or dictators...only in Nigeria will you find house of representatives members buying cars with billions while the people are hungry, yet some pawns and sycophants say the people, the citizens don't deserve nothing.

In America the citizens are paid, government subsidize healthcare and transportation/food etc, same in UK and Arab nations. A resource rich nation like Nigeria must give to the people, politicians must stop treating Nigerians like customers and treat them like citizens, this is a country not a business.

I realized Nigerians are foolish, we think we are sharp, but we are one of the most ignorant citizens in the world. Government owe it to the people to provide welfare and subsidies, from the wealth generated in the nation.

2 Likes

Re: Subsidy/welfare Are What Government Gives To The Citizens by Johnjustice: 9:09am On Apr 09
Nigerians be wise, don't be foolish people, it's only in Nigeria I see sycophants and pawns celebrating when government removes subsidies and take more money from the people.

1 Like

Re: Subsidy/welfare Are What Government Gives To The Citizens by bet9ja(m): 9:21am On Apr 09
Nigeria is a crime scene.

3 Likes

Re: Subsidy/welfare Are What Government Gives To The Citizens by Johnjustice: 9:22am On Apr 09
A people deserve the type of leadership they get.

Nigerians are the cause of the inefficiency of the political class, especially those political sycophants and tribal bigots.

1 Like

Re: Subsidy/welfare Are What Government Gives To The Citizens by Johnjustice: 9:23am On Apr 09
bet9ja:
Nigeria is a crime scene.
The people are quite dumb, and always look out for crumbs. Sycophants and political pawns are satisfied with the crumbs they get from their political masters, while the other majority are docile.

1 Like

Re: Subsidy/welfare Are What Government Gives To The Citizens by Johnjustice: 9:28am On Apr 09
Some clowns are saying government should stop all subsidies, like politicians are owners of the wealth...the clowns don't know the wealth belong to the citizens.

What is bad if the owners of the wealth of the nation enjoy it...what is bad if government uses revenue to cater for the well-being of the citizens?
Re: Subsidy/welfare Are What Government Gives To The Citizens by Ozommadu: 9:35am On Apr 09
I've already said that nigerian politicians are the luckiest in the world...they're richly blessed with dumb citizens.

They know what they're doing and they know they can't easily get misfits to support and defend them.

They did it for buhari, they're doing it for Tinupoo

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Subsidy/welfare Are What Government Gives To The Citizens by Johnjustice: 9:49am On Apr 09
Ozommadu:

I've already said that nigerian politicians are the luckiest in the world...they're richly blessed with dumb citizens.

They know what they're doing and they know they can't easily get misfits to support and defend them.

They did it for buhari, they're doing it for Tinupoo
Very dumb citizens... tribalism and sycophants make it easier for them. No country in the world that citizens celebrate an increase in the cost of their living, only Nigerians.

Nigerians make me ashame of being a Nigerian.
Re: Subsidy/welfare Are What Government Gives To The Citizens by helinues: 9:52am On Apr 09
Go and hustle.

No free food for the lazy ones
Re: Subsidy/welfare Are What Government Gives To The Citizens by helinues: 10:00am On Apr 09
Johnjustice:

Dumb head lazy sycophant, go pick your crumbs. Traitors of the people like you are Nigeria's problems. Mumu, kids brain in adult body.

Lazy dumb head crumb seeker...so all the money being made by the nation is for who?

Mad pig.

How i wish I was awake the today there were sharing free fu.cks, me wey don sleep danu danu

Re: Subsidy/welfare Are What Government Gives To The Citizens by Oduduwapigs: 10:01am On Apr 09
helinues:

How i wish I was awake the today there were sharing free fu.cks, me wey don sleep danu danu

Helinues be useful
Re: Subsidy/welfare Are What Government Gives To The Citizens by helinues: 10:02am On Apr 09
Oduduwapigs:

Helinues be useful

Oduduwapigs:

Just imagine a jobless mirage telling someone to hustle

Useful life trolling others for years like you do.

Hell No

Let's up pray, IJN we pray, Amen

https://www.nairaland.com/oduduwapigs/posts

Re: Subsidy/welfare Are What Government Gives To The Citizens by Oduduwapigs: 10:03am On Apr 09
helinues:
Go and hustle.

No free food for the lazy ones

Just imagine a jobless mirage telling someone to hustle
Re: Subsidy/welfare Are What Government Gives To The Citizens by Oduduwapigs: 10:07am On Apr 09
helinues:

Useful life trolling others for years like you do.

Hell No

Let's up pray, IJN we pray, Amen

https://www.nairaland.com/oduduwapigs/posts

You are now displaying lunacy?

(1) (Reply)

Our Democracy In Danger - APC Members Frown At Suspension Of Ganduje / Those Threatening Nigeria’s Sovereignty Will Pay Heavy Price – Tinubu / How Gov. Ododo Used Thugs & Policemen To Prevent Yahaya Bello From Been Arrested

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.