Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,609 members, 7,812,998 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 03:06 AM

20 Countries That Owe US Money - Foreign Affairs (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / 20 Countries That Owe US Money (39799 Views)

Five Countries That Have Referred Israel To ICC Over Gaza / See The Countries That Recognize Hamas As Terrorist Organization / Countries That Gained Independence In October Just Like Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 20 Countries That Owe US Money by ungara17: 11:54am On Apr 09
US remain the master of ALL
Re: 20 Countries That Owe US Money by d142475: 11:54am On Apr 09
Meanwhile US is owing more than $30 Trillion in debt

1 Like

Re: 20 Countries That Owe US Money by Artscollection: 11:54am On Apr 09
eeithis:
grin grin grin so china dey owe money too

If u balance am na us dey owe china
Re: 20 Countries That Owe US Money by Sleekfingers: 11:54am On Apr 09
How much USA is owing ?
Re: 20 Countries That Owe US Money by danzaki63: 11:55am On Apr 09
How can China be owing money and she is also Lending money to other countries? it doesnt make sense. but wait where is Nigeria in the List?
Re: 20 Countries That Owe US Money by Dyfynezz12(m): 11:55am On Apr 09
Imagine China is owin U.S that much.
Their stronghold on other countries is not ending anytime soon

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 20 Countries That Owe US Money by carlleung(m): 11:55am On Apr 09
Abeg, how many countries dey owe us? I wantu check something.

1 Like

Re: 20 Countries That Owe US Money by adebayo201: 11:55am On Apr 09
babsbolad:
Thank God say Nigeria no dey among.

21 - 100.

2 Likes

Re: 20 Countries That Owe US Money by federalgodey: 11:55am On Apr 09
Why is Nigeria miraculously absent here!
Re: 20 Countries That Owe US Money by Exousiang01: 11:55am On Apr 09
God1000:
Hmm, so china is owing US this much and not the other way round.

Well, this will finally address the debate and misconception
US owes China and Germany huge debts also

2 Likes

Re: 20 Countries That Owe US Money by silverlinen(m): 11:55am On Apr 09
Damnnn

Seems like a forged or padded stats to me
Re: 20 Countries That Owe US Money by Coolestguy2023: 11:56am On Apr 09
tefishy:
grin
Some set of people are disappointed with this list. They came to check for Nigeria

I swear. Most especially our IPoB friends grin
Re: 20 Countries That Owe US Money by armadeo(m): 11:57am On Apr 09
Ritaamaruu:
Us Nigeria or United States

No mind the op. Even with the capital letters I still thought it was nigeria.

Op write the US not us

1 Like

Re: 20 Countries That Owe US Money by emmancipated(m): 11:58am On Apr 09
At first I thought I saw "countries owing us (as in Nigeria) money". I no know say na US.
Re: 20 Countries That Owe US Money by lebanonboy: 11:58am On Apr 09
Naija own na just blanksheet, even them too no know the actual amount.
Re: 20 Countries That Owe US Money by ovie8200: 11:58am On Apr 09
God1000:

Let those keep up generalizing that USA owe China trillions. Américan trillions debt is owe within América which are domestic debt. I meant USA government owe it citizens that money by borrowing from their social security and others. Those who always pray for China to take over the world, let see how that happen soon. Many people will die of heart attack or be disappointed with this news.

Let me be laughing, hahahahahahaha cheesy cheesy cheesy grin cheesy grin >: cheesy cheesy wink cheesy.

1 Like

Re: 20 Countries That Owe US Money by Techpik: 11:59am On Apr 09
tefishy:
grin
Some set of people are disappointed with this list. They came to check for Nigeria
Re: 20 Countries That Owe US Money by Mexyz(m): 11:59am On Apr 09
So China is also among awon onigbese??

And someone will say a country can overthrow the US as the world's superpower in the nearest future? I strongly doubt though.
Japan is owing over $1trillion shocked shocked
Re: 20 Countries That Owe US Money by oladele239(m): 11:59am On Apr 09
Russia has too much ego and pride to be indebted to the U.S
I LOVE PUTIN!

CHINA should be ashamed of themselves, with all their competitions with US , THEY STILL OWE US... IF YOU WON FIGHT , FIGHT WITH PRIDE !!!!

I LOVE PUTIN ONCE MORE

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 20 Countries That Owe US Money by Justdare: 11:59am On Apr 09
oneda:
Who are the US owing more than $100 trillion then?
The United States owes The Federal Reserve Bank

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 20 Countries That Owe US Money by Seunpapa65: 12:00pm On Apr 09
Wow Nigeria made me proud
Re: 20 Countries That Owe US Money by Pupanchy(m): 12:00pm On Apr 09
Even if all the countries decided to pay Nigeria, does that makes or would bring any impart in using the money on the right source, l shall hope they don't kill their self if the money is being paid
Re: 20 Countries That Owe US Money by Raph82(m): 12:00pm On Apr 09
So these developed countries are owing this much and their currencies are still adding value per second. If we get things right, our naira should be among the strongest then.
Re: 20 Countries That Owe US Money by Birminghamvirgo(m): 12:00pm On Apr 09
tefishy:
grin

May the God Almighty continue to disappoint them!
Re: 20 Countries That Owe US Money by ada9ja(f): 12:01pm On Apr 09
tefishy:
grin

U people celebrate rubbish aswear
Re: 20 Countries That Owe US Money by SouthSouth1914: 12:01pm On Apr 09
backbone503:
Even China dey owe US. Hate it or love it, believe it or not, US still remains the greatest. The world without US would have been a very different and dangerous place.

The world is still a dangerous place dude. Most heinous crimes are still being committed by the top tier governments of the west. The US didn’t make the world any safer or as you may think. Argue? Do a small research!
Re: 20 Countries That Owe US Money by RedMac: 12:02pm On Apr 09
for anlightenement purpose, please what will happen to these or any country that fails to pay back? embarassed embarassed
Re: 20 Countries That Owe US Money by stevups(m): 12:02pm On Apr 09
tefishy:
grin

Those people will forever be disappointed
Re: 20 Countries That Owe US Money by ShoeGetSize: 12:03pm On Apr 09
Nigeria has a low credit rating in the international monetary system. I believe Nigeria's credit rating is "junk" status, but I'm not too sure 🤔 I'll check it out...
But the implication is that a Tier 1 lender like the United will NEVER lend large volumes of money to a poorly rated country like Nigeria because it is likely that they will never recover it. That's why Nigeria borrows from private creditors (like the Paris Club, London Club) the World Bank and China.

tefishy:
grin

2 Likes

Re: 20 Countries That Owe US Money by caracas: 12:04pm On Apr 09
MT:

US owes china staggering amount of money 859.4 billion dollars.

US owes other countries as well.

Total US debt is 34 Trillion Dollars.

Countries don't owe like individuals. If I owe you 100 naira for instance and you you are to.pay me 500 naira, you will end up paying me 400 naira because you would gave deducted your the 100 naira owes to you.

Countries don't operate that way.

https://www.investopedia.com/articles/investing/080615/china-owns-us-debt-how-much.asp#:~:text=China%20is%20one%20of%20the,as%20the%20concept%20of%20money
Stop talking ignorantly…
America owes no country a dime…..
What a lot of ppl call debt is actually called US TREASURY…. It’s kinda like a bond or shares. America being stupendously rich and having a unique economy allows qualified countries to invest in their economy. This is how china, Japan Canada etc were able to invest in the American economy and then America is said to be indebted to those countries, Not that America borrowed any money from those countries. America did those countries a Favour by allowing them invest in their economy.

1 Like

Re: 20 Countries That Owe US Money by teebillz: 12:04pm On Apr 09
No wonder they hate The Russian Federation
Re: 20 Countries That Owe US Money by correctguy101(m): 12:05pm On Apr 09
God1000:

Debts get different kind.

The US. owes money to many countries too, including some on that list like.. Japan, China, the U.K., Ireland, Luxembourg, Brazil, Switzerland and Belgium, among others..

Even onigbese like Nigeria has a few countries owing dem osusu.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Cyril Ramaphosa: 10 Things To Know About South Africa’s New President / Afghan Evacuations Must Be Completed By 31st August- Taliban(Pics, Video) / Lessons I Learnt From 2016 US Presidental Elections: Donald Trump's Victory

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.