Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,514 members, 7,830,526 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 01:35 AM

20 Countries That Owe US Money - Foreign Affairs (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / 20 Countries That Owe US Money (40045 Views)

Five Countries That Have Referred Israel To ICC Over Gaza / See The Countries That Recognize Hamas As Terrorist Organization / Countries That Gained Independence In October Just Like Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 20 Countries That Owe US Money by GigdraftAdvert: 4:05pm On Apr 09
cool
Re: 20 Countries That Owe US Money by GigdraftAdvert: 4:06pm On Apr 09
GigdraftAdvert:
Meanwhile, US debt recently surged to over $30 trillion, so maybe things aren't particularly falling apart for its loanee after all.

Please visit www.gigdraft.com to ease your academic and professional workloads.

OChimex:

You made no sense Mr
Those countries hold US securities. Not empty money borrowing like pay me back my money.
Learn and grow.
The context the OP posted was, borrow /aid.... so no need to bring the US case, it's different.
"You are also among the 3 million Nigerians living in the US"
Wow!,! I dint know you are also a comedian.
I see..... You're a renowned troll. What have I been thinking? Frisk your fellow dolts, please.

5 Likes

Re: 20 Countries That Owe US Money by phemray(m): 4:13pm On Apr 09
jetguy:
I sense lie in this list, because I have cross-check it more than five times without me seeing Nigeria name 😕

So Nigeria can not do good? With these owe or no owe which involved all world power, then we should be celebrating that we owe nothing as Nigeria. Our level of development plus curruption corresponded with our level of development as of today. By d time we get to 30 trillion dollars like us, of course we shall be closer to US development.🤣🤣🤣

1 Like

Re: 20 Countries That Owe US Money by YemyTemmy: 4:15pm On Apr 09
Who removed Nigeria from the list
Re: 20 Countries That Owe US Money by Kyn4life: 4:21pm On Apr 09
Re: 20 Countries That Owe US Money by jetguy(m): 4:55pm On Apr 09
phemray:

So Nigeria can not do good? With these owe or no owe which involved all world power, then we should be celebrating that we owe nothing as Nigeria. Our level of development plus curruption corresponded with our level of development as of today. By d time we get to 30 trillion dollars like us, of course we shall be closer to US development.🤣🤣🤣

To be candid, it shocked me say Nigeria name is not there... May be is Apc member that compiled the lists 😄😄😄
Re: 20 Countries That Owe US Money by SWATMan: 5:02pm On Apr 09
Evisoblog:
Eye opening

Is your Vocabulary good?
Do you enjoying Chatting into the far night.
Do you like helping people with enquiries.
If yes their's a business you can venture into that will pay you well for these qualities.
Send a message to

To where
Re: 20 Countries That Owe US Money by Akuruoulo(m): 5:09pm On Apr 09
Artscollection:
This op must be mad!!! Balance the sheet oga, USA is owing china a very huge amount.
Must u cry about everything?

Make ur own list of people owing china
Re: 20 Countries That Owe US Money by Akuruoulo(m): 5:10pm On Apr 09
MT:

US owes china staggering amount of money 859.4 billion dollars.

US owes other countries as well.

Total US debt is 34 Trillion Dollars.

US is the largest debtor in the world

Countries don't owe like individuals. If I owe you 100 naira for instance and you you are to.pay me 500 naira, you will end up paying me 400 naira because you would have deducted the 100 naira owes to you.

Countries don't operate that way.

https://www.investopedia.com/articles/investing/080615/china-owns-us-debt-how-much.asp#:~:text=China%20is%20one%20of%20the,as%20the%20concept%20of%20money
Cry cry dictator.
Re: 20 Countries That Owe US Money by Concord23(m): 5:13pm On Apr 09
Nigeria is owing China and china is owing Us so Nigeria is indirectly owing Us chikina
Re: 20 Countries That Owe US Money by Artscollection: 5:21pm On Apr 09
Akuruoulo:

Must u cry about everything?

Make ur own list of people owing china

Onye ara ruo ulo!!!
Re: 20 Countries That Owe US Money by Stephench: 5:22pm On Apr 09
backbone503:
Even China dey owe US. Hate it or love it, believe it or not, US still remains the greatest. The world without US would have been a very different and dangerous place. Look at China, look at Russia, then look at the US. In whose hands do you think the world is safer in?
The US owe China in trillion
Re: 20 Countries That Owe US Money by Abifarin16: 5:52pm On Apr 09
benuejosh:
Some people will not sleep well tonight because Nigeria's name is not there. May they continue to face disappointments and heart attack because of their evil wish for Nigeria.

Cc:
Obidients movement- Nairaland chapter.
Emergency lovers of Nigeria.
True. But it makes me wonder why we are pegging Naira to the dollar and the exchange rate killing us, we don't do much business with them.
Re: 20 Countries That Owe US Money by Deepthoughts: 6:23pm On Apr 09
GigdraftAdvert:
Since the Internet accessibility in your area is restricted to just Nairaland, here is a few of the countries US is owing: Japan, China, United Kingdom, etc.
It's ok,you that have access to all the information in the world,can you specifically state what amount the US is owing each of the countries you mentioned just like the main thread writer did.
Re: 20 Countries That Owe US Money by GigdraftAdvert: 6:27pm On Apr 09
GigdraftAdvert:
Meanwhile, US debt recently surged to over $30 trillion, so maybe things aren't particularly falling apart for its loanee after all.

Deepthoughts:
It's ok,you that have access to all the information in the world,can you specifically state what amount the US is owing each of the countries you mentioned just like the main thread writer did.
Oh, you genuinely want to learn. Apologies for my initial response.

Check this out: https://www.investopedia.com/articles/markets-economy/090616/5-countries-own-most-us-debt.asp.

One love, sir/ma.
Re: 20 Countries That Owe US Money by Kusu12: 6:57pm On Apr 09
Obirodents will not like this news, they would have started wailing, grunting like pig, gnashing their teeth like losers and peddling falsehood.
Re: 20 Countries That Owe US Money by Deepthoughts: 6:57pm On Apr 09
GigdraftAdvert:

Check this out: https://www.investopedia.com/articles/markets-economy/090616/5-countries-own-most-us-debt.asp.

One love, sir/ma.
You didn't answered my question,I ask you to state specifically how much the US is owing the countries you mentioned n not for you to give a general vague answer,I know the US owes but her debt is mostly internal debts which still shows the dept n strength of their economy,so once again can you be specific please.
Re: 20 Countries That Owe US Money by GigdraftAdvert: 7:07pm On Apr 09
GigdraftAdvert:

Deepthoughts:

One love, sir/ma.

Deepthoughts:
You didn't answered my question,I ask you to state specifically how much the US is owing the countries you mentioned n not for you to give a general vague answer,I know the US owes but her debt is mostly internal debts which still shows the dept n strength of their economy,so once again can you be specific please.
If that link doesn't help, then there's nothing else I can do for you. Besides, I don't spoon-feed nor owe you any statistics. You can't read a 2 min article? Really? In fact, take your philistinism elsewhere. Bye.

3 Likes

Re: 20 Countries That Owe US Money by rockog: 7:07pm On Apr 09
I no come understand ooo..... Many countries owe China and China still dey owe US
God1000:

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/top-20-countries-owe-us-175515001.html
Re: 20 Countries That Owe US Money by PHAYOL81: 7:36pm On Apr 09
Damn!
Re: 20 Countries That Owe US Money by Blackdisciple(m): 8:21pm On Apr 09
How come Nigeria is not on the list I frown at the list angry angry angry undecided undecided
Re: 20 Countries That Owe US Money by Ever8090: 9:04pm On Apr 09
Nigeria name is not there because US can not borrow Nigeria such amount to start with, but wait, so china dey borrow from USA to borrow to African countries ..hmmmm..
Re: 20 Countries That Owe US Money by Okhuadams(m): 9:13pm On Apr 09
tefishy:
grin
Some set of people are disappointed with this list. They came to check for Nigeria
me na surprisation hold me
Re: 20 Countries That Owe US Money by Okhuadams(m): 9:13pm On Apr 09
Re: 20 Countries That Owe US Money by honeyB2018: 10:48pm On Apr 09
NPFLADMIN:
Wow!!!

Thank God my beloved country no dey there

They said top 20 countries. But thank God, no African country is amongst the top 20. It doesn't mean that other debtors are not there.

1 Like

Re: 20 Countries That Owe US Money by Nefort: 11:00pm On Apr 09
backbone503:
Even China dey owe US. Hate it or love it, believe it or not, US still remains the greatest. The world without US would have been a very different and dangerous place. Look at China, look at Russia, then look at the US. In whose hands do you think the world is safer in?
The post is false information. The US is actually the one owing China the money you saw on the post. Just Google "US debt to China".
Re: 20 Countries That Owe US Money by God1000(m): 11:20pm On Apr 09
tctrills:

Bros. You seem not to understand what you posted. This are the US creditors not debtors.
The US is owing China 859 billion and not the other way round.
my apologies, I didn't go through the article properly before posting it because I was in a hurry to work, I just came back this night to see so many people saying the same thing
Re: 20 Countries That Owe US Money by caracas: 9:09am On Apr 10
MT:

People won't simply take you serious in this forum.

You are ignorant (trust me, I was not being condescending).

This subject matter is beyond you, sit it out.
All you should have done is to counter me with your facts….
Ignoramus every where…..
Nigerians and poor reading culture
You posted a link you’ve not even seen or read, cos am sure you will delete your comments if you really read n understood that link you posted….
While you are at it read up THE US TREASURY /SECURITIES N FOREIGN CREDITORS
Re: 20 Countries That Owe US Money by caracas: 9:24am On Apr 10
TUANKU:

"Stop talking ignorantly"
You should take your own advice and stop talking ignorantly cheesy
All you have to do is read up US TREASURES n stop fooling yourself here….
Re: 20 Countries That Owe US Money by Charteted01(m): 11:08am On Apr 10
I’m here to see if Nigeria is among but we escaped sha that’s good
Re: 20 Countries That Owe US Money by Akuruoulo(m): 3:55pm On Apr 10
Artscollection:

Onye ara ruo ulo!!!
Still crying
Re: 20 Countries That Owe US Money by omobolarinwa1(m): 6:16pm On Apr 13
Fash20:
The US basically own these economies apart from China. The US is rich. How many countries can loan this kind of money out.

You be mumu who told you US is rich by loaning those countries $$... $$ that was print on massive in US and distributed it across the globe. Since the 1970s when the world leader lusgard thereself by allowing U.S dollar to be dominant at opec. Hence this give room for US PEDRO DOLLAR And more reason they make sure they kill all under deployment country economy so that they can be be in charge. I pray sooner U.S power ill fall by third world war.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Army Removes Robert Mugabe From Office As Zimbabwean President, Detain Him / Meet The King Who Inherited 72 Wives / Over 400 People Dead And 600 Missing In Sierra Leone Mudslide (graphic Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.