Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,170 members, 7,815,081 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:58 AM

Saratu Gidado 'Daso' Found Dead - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Saratu Gidado 'Daso' Found Dead (51346 Views)

Daso Cause Of Death Exposed: Unveiling The Truth Behind Daso's Demise / Kannywood Veteran, Saratu Gidado, Found Dead / DJ Olu And Chime Found Dead In Their Car (Davido's Friends) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Saratu Gidado 'Daso' Found Dead by Globalinfo247: 6:32pm On Apr 09
Veteran Kannywood Actress Saratu Gidado Passes Away At 56

Tributes which poured in from her colleagues, fans and well-wishers in the wake of her untimely demise, highlighted Daso's immense contributions to the industry, and the legacy she left behind.

Veteran Kannywood actress, Saratu Gidado, fondly known as Daso, has passed away at the age of 56.

The shocking news was confirmed by relatives of the late actress who spoke to Freedom Radio, revealing that Daso was found lifeless on Tuesday morning.

According to the bereaved family members, Daso was discovered dead after she returned to bed following Sahur, the pre-dawn meal consumed before fasting during Ramadan.

Her sudden demise has left the industry and fans in a state of profound grief and disbelief.

Born on January 17, 1968, in Kano, Daso carved her name in the sands of time through her remarkable performances, particularly in comical roles where she portrayed assertive and mischievous characters.

Making her debut in the year 2000 with the movie “Linzami Da Wuta,” produced by Sarauniya Movies, Daso quickly captured the hearts of audiences with her exceptional talent and versatility.

Among her repertoire of hit films that propelled her to stardom are “Nagari,” “Gidauniya,” “Mashi,” and “Sansani.”

Her vibrant presence and impeccable acting skills endeared her to fans across the Hausa-speaking regions and beyond, solidifying her status as a prominent figure in the Kannywood landscape.

Tributes that poured in from her colleagues, fans, and well-wishers in the wake of her untimely demise, highlighted Daso’s immense contributions to the industry, and the legacy she left behind.

Reflecting on her passing, a close associate of the late actress Habiba Umar said: “Daso’s departure leaves a void in the industry that will be difficult to fill. She was not only a talented actress but also a warm-hearted individual who touched the lives of many with her performances.”

https://www.channelstv.com/2024/04/09/veteran-kannywood-actress-saratu-gidado-passes-away-at-56/

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Saratu Gidado 'Daso' Found Dead by 360degreess(m): 6:33pm On Apr 09
I saw it on social media hours ago.She is very funny woman who is very good at acting comedy films.She released a funny video about moon sighting just yesterday.May her soul rest in peace.

64 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Saratu Gidado 'Daso' Found Dead by immortalcrown(m): 6:34pm On Apr 09
R. I. P.

But, which one come be Kannywood?

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Saratu Gidado 'Daso' Found Dead by Nokio2: 7:25pm On Apr 09
Rip Daso .. really funny actress

7 Likes

Re: Saratu Gidado 'Daso' Found Dead by Rexymania(m): 9:07pm On Apr 09
I've never heard of "Kennywood" before. Why not name it 'bokowood' that would be much better 🤭

33 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Saratu Gidado 'Daso' Found Dead by mobisonkk2: 9:16pm On Apr 09
Are you ibo?

Rexymania:
I've never heard of "Kennywood" before. Why not name of 'bokowood' that would be much better 🤭

35 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Saratu Gidado 'Daso' Found Dead by Rexymania(m): 9:25pm On Apr 09
mobisonkk2:
Are you ibo?

@mobisonkk2 yes ode 🖕

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Saratu Gidado 'Daso' Found Dead by RuMiRgO1stSon: 9:46pm On Apr 09
the legendary Hajiya babba of Labarina😭 Allah ya ji kanki da Rahama. Amin.

43 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Saratu Gidado 'Daso' Found Dead by Dollarremix(m): 9:58pm On Apr 09
Rest in peace ma'am

16 Likes

Re: Saratu Gidado 'Daso' Found Dead by Kelklein(m): 10:07pm On Apr 09
may her gentle soul rest in peace.. amen

10 Likes

Re: Saratu Gidado 'Daso' Found Dead by Skillsnigeria: 10:07pm On Apr 09
Hmmm
Re: Saratu Gidado 'Daso' Found Dead by Negroid001(m): 10:08pm On Apr 09
Death can come anytime. When it's our appointed time, we'll all die too, to see no more. Gone, like the wind.
Rip to the deceased.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Saratu Gidado 'Daso' Found Dead by Iliyasdass(m): 10:09pm On Apr 09
Allah ya jikan ta da rahama🙏

24 Likes

Re: Saratu Gidado 'Daso' Found Dead by meum: 10:09pm On Apr 09
Na wa o!

When two actors (West & East) died last month someone asked what North is waiting for I was shocked. I hope the person is happy now

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Saratu Gidado 'Daso' Found Dead by Energist: 10:09pm On Apr 09
Rexymania:
I've never heard of "Kennywood" before. Why not name it 'bokowood' that would be much better 🤭
It's older than Nollywood sef

19 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Saratu Gidado 'Daso' Found Dead by kunlesehan(m): 10:09pm On Apr 09
Oh no, not again!

1 Like

Re: Saratu Gidado 'Daso' Found Dead by Energist: 10:10pm On Apr 09
Globalinfo247:

https://www.channelstv.com/2024/04/09/veteran-kannywood-actress-saratu-gidado-passes-away-at-56/

One of those actresses who made our childhood funful. This life is indeed fickle. She went to sleep this morning and never woke up again. She even made a video skit in TikTok yesterday. May Allah have mercy on her

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Saratu Gidado 'Daso' Found Dead by Modecaih: 10:10pm On Apr 09
Rip to her,,may God comfort her family

3 Likes

Re: Saratu Gidado 'Daso' Found Dead by id4sho(m): 10:11pm On Apr 09
RIP daso, made my child hood memorable embarassed

5 Likes

Re: Saratu Gidado 'Daso' Found Dead by ZKOSOSO(m): 10:11pm On Apr 09
360degreess:
I saw it on social media hours ago.She is very funny woman who is very good at acting comedy films.She released a funny video about moon sighting just yesterday.May her soul rest in peace.
Probably poisoned to death because of this skit on moon sighting. The hate filled headslamming cultists won't let her live

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Saratu Gidado 'Daso' Found Dead by OGwales(m): 10:11pm On Apr 09
Don touch everybody... All major tribes.
Re: Saratu Gidado 'Daso' Found Dead by Newgoodkk(m): 10:12pm On Apr 09
Ohhh ! my God
Re: Saratu Gidado 'Daso' Found Dead by diamond68: 10:13pm On Apr 09
cool
Re: Saratu Gidado 'Daso' Found Dead by Energist: 10:14pm On Apr 09
id4sho:
RIP tsigai, made my child hood memorable embarassed

Tsigai is different. I think she's late too

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Saratu Gidado 'Daso' Found Dead by amnesty7: 10:14pm On Apr 09
Rexymania:
Children of hate will always show themselves.

21 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Saratu Gidado 'Daso' Found Dead by Treasure17(m): 10:14pm On Apr 09
360degreess:
Shalaye. Just type rip and move on.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Saratu Gidado 'Daso' Found Dead by Dronedude(m): 10:14pm On Apr 09
May her soul rest in peace.

Amen
Re: Saratu Gidado 'Daso' Found Dead by fawaz050(m): 10:15pm On Apr 09
There is nothing like 'untimely' demise. The circumstance may suggest so, but when it's your time, it's your time.

May Allah forgive her shortcomings.

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Saratu Gidado 'Daso' Found Dead by noble2faith(m): 10:15pm On Apr 09
360degreess:
angry

If the bolded is true, then she must have been murdered by religious extremists!

8 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Tekno And Lola Rae Dating? See Photo And Comments / "I Am In Love" Tboss Finally Accept Love, Step Out On A Date / Nicola Siyo, Pregnant For Ubi Franklin, Meet His 3rd Baby Mama To Be

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.