Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,591 members, 7,812,922 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:37 PM

Three Die After Consuming Expired Drugs In Kaduna - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Three Die After Consuming Expired Drugs In Kaduna (13696 Views)

Three Die Searching For Cellphone In Pit Toilet In Kano / Man Dies After Consuming 1000mg Of Tramadol In Benue State / Woman Dies After Consuming Herbal Drugs She Bought To Lighten Her Skin (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Three Die After Consuming Expired Drugs In Kaduna by alphonsojaybaz: 10:11am On Apr 10
Three die after consuming expired drugs in Kaduna

According to reports, three persons in the Kabala Doki community in Kaduna State’s Kaduna North Local Government Area perished after taking expired medications.

Currently, two more young people are in the hospital due to drug expiration.

Residents speculated that the narcotics might have come from cars that were seized and put up for auction by customs at the Kabala Doki Area Command a few days prior, during which the victims took part in the vehicles’ evacuation. Eyes Of Lagos reports,

Abdulsalam Lawal, Ibrahim Kabiru, and Muhammad Auwal Abubakar were the three victims’ names.

On Tuesday, April 9, Kabala Doki’s ward leader, Danlami Bawa,

Unaware that the pills had expired years ago, he told us that the young people had retained the outdated medications with the intention of using them during the Eid celebration.

One victim, before passing away on Monday, April 8, admitted to taking the expired drugs and sharing them with others, Bawa added.

The Public Relations Officer of the Customs Area Command of Kabala Doki, Muhammad Amin, clarified that their role was limited to auctioning off vehicles, and they do not know how or where the youths acquired the drugs.

The Kaduna State Police Command’s Public Relations Officer, Mansur Hassan, confirmed the incident and stated that investigations were ongoing to determine the cause of the youths’ deaths.

https://eyesoflagos.com/2024/04/10/three-die-after-consuming-expired-drugs-in-kaduna/

3 Likes

Re: Three Die After Consuming Expired Drugs In Kaduna by Ladiesdoctor(m): 10:51am On Apr 10
Na dem sabi

Say no to drugs

8 Likes

Re: Three Die After Consuming Expired Drugs In Kaduna by Chukwuka319(m): 10:56am On Apr 10
Trouble in the land.
This is very common in the North.When I was serving as a corper in Niger state,I never patronise these drugs sellers hawking on the streets or selling in kiosks, because I couldn't trust them.
Any time I fall sick,I use my NYSC provided NHIS serial number or whatever to get treatment from the general hospital in the community I served in.

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Three Die After Consuming Expired Drugs In Kaduna by PandoraObi: 10:58am On Apr 10
Too bad. the work of the Nzobu Nzobu Nzobu people after Peter girigory Obi was disgraceful defeated

37 Likes

Re: Three Die After Consuming Expired Drugs In Kaduna by agulion: 10:58am On Apr 10
Rip to them, something must kill a man
Re: Three Die After Consuming Expired Drugs In Kaduna by navyseal2220: 11:03am On Apr 10
Stop blaming these deaths on drug expiration. This has nothing to do with drug expiration. Most drugs are still safe and effective even after 5 or 10yrs shelf life, it may not be as potent but still safe. Now what's killing these people is counterfeit drugs, people manufacturing poisons and selling them.

34 Likes 1 Share

Re: Three Die After Consuming Expired Drugs In Kaduna by Namaster: 3:11pm On Apr 10
The fact that people derive pleasure from drugs and substances that alter their mind and make them lose control still boggles my mind.

Rather than do drugs for celebrations, get a plate of INSANELY tantalizing food and a phat ass to massacre.

Way better than putting synthetic substances inside your body.

5 Likes

Re: Three Die After Consuming Expired Drugs In Kaduna by PrinceJoeWan(m): 3:12pm On Apr 10
Exactly, the truth is those in the North are hard drug addicts but because of their strict Sharia Law, they don't do it openly.

navyseal2220:
Stop blaming these deaths on drug expiration. This has nothing to do with drug expiration. Most drugs are still safe and effective even after 5 or 10yrs shelf life, it may not be as potent but still safe. Now what's killing these people is counterfeit drugs, people manufacturing poisons and selling them.
Re: Three Die After Consuming Expired Drugs In Kaduna by Nadingo: 3:12pm On Apr 10
Developers have done it again!

1 Like

Re: Three Die After Consuming Expired Drugs In Kaduna by baralatie(m): 3:12pm On Apr 10
Back then somewhere in suntai
I swallowed chloroquine and it was not working
God saved me that year
Re: Three Die After Consuming Expired Drugs In Kaduna by Amigoss: 3:13pm On Apr 10
Unfortunate shocked
Re: Three Die After Consuming Expired Drugs In Kaduna by Think9ja(m): 3:14pm On Apr 10
RIP to them.

But guess who are the likely producers/sellers of that fake drug?

Yea, you guessed right!

They call it business

36 Likes

Re: Three Die After Consuming Expired Drugs In Kaduna by LajaLaba: 3:15pm On Apr 10
undecided
Re: Three Die After Consuming Expired Drugs In Kaduna by Muzimv1: 3:15pm On Apr 10
F
Re: Three Die After Consuming Expired Drugs In Kaduna by rxmusa(m): 3:17pm On Apr 10
So sad! That's what we've been advocating against, the spread of fake and substandard drugs.

NAFDAC and PCN needs to sit up more
Re: Three Die After Consuming Expired Drugs In Kaduna by GanagiBitrus: 3:20pm On Apr 10
Thought expired drugs just lose their potency, not turn into killer poison.

2 Likes

Re: Three Die After Consuming Expired Drugs In Kaduna by Eriggayabdem: 3:21pm On Apr 10
Unaware that the pills had expired years ago, he told us that the young people had retained the outdated medications with the intention of using them during the Eid celebration.

With the intention of using them during the Eid celebration?
Are the drugs recreational in nature or what? Besides, this reportage is trash. Too little details given about the "drugs"

3 Likes

Re: Three Die After Consuming Expired Drugs In Kaduna by habakukjss3: 3:22pm On Apr 10
navyseal2220:

You are just a slowpoke, educated illiterate. Ignorance is your problem.

Who told you expired drugs will be effective after 10 years? Are you a pharmacist?

You are a big fool!
.I wonder people u must have killed with this false information

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Three Die After Consuming Expired Drugs In Kaduna by jiz: 3:22pm On Apr 10
RIP
Re: Three Die After Consuming Expired Drugs In Kaduna by Flame333: 3:23pm On Apr 10
expired drugs in 21st century I really don't know what is happening...

the few persons that have been caught producing fake product or importing fake products into this country, we don't have any information about what government has done to them...

Government should create a form of deterrence by using those persons as Scape goat so that other persons will learn... it is high time we celebrate and appreciate life...

2 Likes

Re: Three Die After Consuming Expired Drugs In Kaduna by CartelKenneth: 3:23pm On Apr 10
Thank God it was Muslims that died not Christians
Re: Three Die After Consuming Expired Drugs In Kaduna by rinzaugustine: 3:24pm On Apr 10
Most Nigerians doesn’t even know there is a NAFDAC head anymore, can you compare that to the time of Dora Akunyili of blessed memory ? Any Igbo person diligent in what they do will always be one of the best in that for example look at the Nigeria of today and see where the incompetent thieves have landed us where a human life is worth nothing. Reminds me of the Poisoned chalice statement mandate thief made 2 years ago in kaduna . He also said he will show his supporters a town hall different from bulaba ( buhari) and by the time he is done with his supporters they will feel like they are in an IDP

4 Likes

Re: Three Die After Consuming Expired Drugs In Kaduna by Kukutenla: 3:24pm On Apr 10
NAFDAC and NOA need to enlighten people as to the use of expired drugs
I've seen so many people consume such drugs

1 Like

Re: Three Die After Consuming Expired Drugs In Kaduna by Neoteny(m): 3:25pm On Apr 10
Imagine the stupidity of dying not just from illegal drugs...but expired illegal drugs.

2 Likes

Re: Three Die After Consuming Expired Drugs In Kaduna by Ejiakusmith(m): 3:26pm On Apr 10
People dying every day...... God see me through in this life 🤷🤷🤷🤷

1 Like

Re: Three Die After Consuming Expired Drugs In Kaduna by MajorOvakporaye(f): 3:29pm On Apr 10
I blame Gbola Tilumbu for this.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

See How To Naturally Cure Whitlow; Causes, Symptoms And Natural Remedy. / Why Is Smoking So Hard To Quit? / COVID-19 Update For December 10 2020 In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.