Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,622 members, 7,820,202 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:18 AM

Three Die After Consuming Expired Drugs In Kaduna - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Three Die After Consuming Expired Drugs In Kaduna (13736 Views)

Three Die Searching For Cellphone In Pit Toilet In Kano / Man Dies After Consuming 1000mg Of Tramadol In Benue State / Woman Dies After Consuming Herbal Drugs She Bought To Lighten Her Skin (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Three Die After Consuming Expired Drugs In Kaduna by Emmanuel30a2: 3:31pm On Apr 10
Re: Three Die After Consuming Expired Drugs In Kaduna by Almunjid(m): 3:31pm On Apr 10
The person wey sell expired drug for am na "Obidient". Na dem dey prefer to give people substandard (fake or mediocre) things (including boreholes). Them go say: "if u no like am, then go give them the standard or quality one". grin
Re: Three Die After Consuming Expired Drugs In Kaduna by Antoeni(m): 3:34pm On Apr 10
There is Hardly Any Good News From Northern Nigeria
Re: Three Die After Consuming Expired Drugs In Kaduna by RevenuesBoost(f): 3:35pm On Apr 10
I suspect overdose of hard drugs.
It was too strong for their blood.

A drug you keep to the day of celebration to take, when you're not sick...

1 Like

Re: Three Die After Consuming Expired Drugs In Kaduna by nabiz(m): 3:42pm On Apr 10
Nadingo:
Developers have done it again!
yoruba government wants to kill all Northern youth.
Re: Three Die After Consuming Expired Drugs In Kaduna by fintechx: 3:43pm On Apr 10
Amazing facts about Airplanes you need to know

https://youtube.com/shorts/pdEIP9USyHQ?feature=share
Re: Three Die After Consuming Expired Drugs In Kaduna by Jman06(m): 3:43pm On Apr 10
navyseal2220:
Stop blaming these deaths on drug expiration. This has nothing to do with drug expiration. Most drugs are still safe and effective even after 5 or 10yrs shelf life, it may not be as potent but still safe. Now what's killing these people is counterfeit drugs, people manufacturing poisons and selling them.
Some drugs may still kill by being converted to toxic chemicals upon expiration.

You could also be right with your submission that the drug they took could have been falsified using some toxic substances by fake drugs merchants.
Re: Three Die After Consuming Expired Drugs In Kaduna by prophetic69(m): 3:44pm On Apr 10
Ladiesdoctor:
Na dem sabi

Say no to drugs

Imagine those he shared the drink with on that faithful day.

Some of his friends are walking corpse now
Re: Three Die After Consuming Expired Drugs In Kaduna by Kobojunkie: 3:45pm On Apr 10
alphonsojaybaz:
https://eyesoflagos.com/2024/04/10/three-die-after-consuming-expired-drugs-in-kaduna/
What drug is that? Abegi! The Nigerian journalists responsible should be seriously flogged for publishing these kain nonsense reports. undecided

1 Like

Re: Three Die After Consuming Expired Drugs In Kaduna by seborrhic: 3:51pm On Apr 10
Rubbish story,rubbish blog.
Expired drugs are dangerous,but don't kill swiftly(if they do at all) like they are cyanide that once you take you die within minutes.
It's also quite unlikely and unbelievable that same expired drugs would kill 3 adults with differing body constitution.
Re: Three Die After Consuming Expired Drugs In Kaduna by sylve11: 3:52pm On Apr 10
baralatie:
Back then somewhere in suntai
I swallowed chloroquine and it was not working
God saved me that year

You swallowed the fake one.

May God help us. sad cool

2 Likes

Re: Three Die After Consuming Expired Drugs In Kaduna by AerialMapper: 3:55pm On Apr 10
Northerners and trying anything but alcohol to get high!

Isn't it better to just drink alcohol and sin than to take drugs, sniff glue, drink codeine and die from overdose or brain damage

1 Like

Re: Three Die After Consuming Expired Drugs In Kaduna by seborrhic: 3:56pm On Apr 10
navyseal2220:
Stop blaming these deaths on drug expiration. This has nothing to do with drug expiration. Most drugs are still safe and effective even after 5 or 10yrs shelf life, it may not be as potent but still safe. Now what's killing these people is counterfeit drugs, people manufacturing poisons and selling them.
Didn't even know you have explained the situation and how fake the story is,asides being watery.
That's part of the reason we still underdeveloped,one person wakes up and attributes a death or mishap to something unrealistic but was already ingrained in his/her mind and goes on to broadcast it as the fact.
In the process vital,factual based investigation that should have been done is neglected or forsaken.
Left to many Nigerians,Naira Marley for eg,that wasn't in the country when mohbad died,would have been burnt alive as the culprit of his death.
Re: Three Die After Consuming Expired Drugs In Kaduna by Abdulyakeen: 3:57pm On Apr 10
I have heard of a similar incidence and if this is the same scenario then this is half the truth.
In this scenario concentrated hard drugs where smuggled in false label so as to be reconstituted to an appropriate non lethal street dose but when the car was confiscated law enforcement officers took the drug to the street unaware of the doses being higher than normal.... Naso people just die like movie.

It doesn't have to be expiry, don't touch what you don't know

🍿 🎥

alphonsojaybaz:

https://eyesoflagos.com/2024/04/10/three-die-after-consuming-expired-drugs-in-kaduna/

1 Like

Re: Three Die After Consuming Expired Drugs In Kaduna by kalufelix(m): 3:58pm On Apr 10
Eriggayabdem:
Unaware that the pills had expired years ago, he told us that the young people had retained the outdated medications with the intention of using them during the Eid celebration.

With the intention of using them during the Eid celebration?
Are the drugs recreational in nature or what? Besides, this reportage is trash. Too little details given about the "drugs"
my thoughts exactly...probably tramadol..
Re: Three Die After Consuming Expired Drugs In Kaduna by Truvelisback(m): 4:02pm On Apr 10
Ladiesdoctor:
Na dem sabi

Say no to drugs
Which drugs?
Re: Three Die After Consuming Expired Drugs In Kaduna by Asswipemod: 4:09pm On Apr 10
alphonsojaybaz:

Which one is expired drugs? That is damage control and media sway. Those boys took narcs and got killed cause they ODed. Simple.

1 Like

Re: Three Die After Consuming Expired Drugs In Kaduna by niyadcom: 4:18pm On Apr 10
Think9ja:
RIP to them.

But guess who are the likely producers/sellers of that fake drug?

Yea, you guessed right!

They call it business
Nobody sell it to them, they found it in the car custom want to dispose without knowing it's function they took it and died
Re: Three Die After Consuming Expired Drugs In Kaduna by Kobojunkie: 4:20pm On Apr 10
niyadcom:
Nobody sell it to them, they found it in the car custom want to dispose without knowing it's function they took it and died
What was the drug meant for? What was the name of the drug? Why would people take a drug they had no idea what it was meant for? undecided

I take expired drugs myself -- my current stash is almost 2 years expired(expired 05/2022) -- and haven't had any effects from doing so. So, this sort of reporting is not to be made without ensuring details are provided in order to avoid misinforming the public. undecided

2 Likes

Re: Three Die After Consuming Expired Drugs In Kaduna by Discountsempai: 4:25pm On Apr 10
navyseal2220:

Very true. Research even proves it.Ive even seen a relative take an expired drug because it was too late in the night to go to pharmacy, and she didn't die.

Even then, it is still advisable to consume drugs before expiry date. They may not kill you, but they may not be as potent as before
Re: Three Die After Consuming Expired Drugs In Kaduna by Justdare: 4:29pm On Apr 10
navyseal2220:
I am happy and hopeful when I read responses as yours. It is really sad that we've completely sacrificed our abilities for critical reasoning on the dual alters of religion and tribalism (deadly combo). I just went through your submission on the possibility of Oduduwa being a fallen angel. It would be an interesting topic of discourse. God bless you Sir.
Re: Three Die After Consuming Expired Drugs In Kaduna by 1Sharon(f): 4:30pm On Apr 10
navyseal2220:
Re: Three Die After Consuming Expired Drugs In Kaduna by NairaMaster1(m): 4:35pm On Apr 10
Chukwuka319:
Trouble in the land.
This is very common in the North.When I was serving as a corper in Niger state,I never patronise these drugs sellers hawking on the streets or selling in kiosks, because I couldn't trust them.
Any time I fall sick,I use my NYSC provided NHIS serial number or whatever to get treatment from the general hospital in the community I served in.

They took expired narcotics. Probably overdose.
Re: Three Die After Consuming Expired Drugs In Kaduna by Tzar(m): 4:36pm On Apr 10
What kind of stupid reportage is this? The so called drug no get name?!

1 Like

Re: Three Die After Consuming Expired Drugs In Kaduna by Eriggayabdem: 4:39pm On Apr 10
[quote author=kalufelix post=129367526] my thoughts exactly...probably tramadol..[/quote

I tell you..
Probably washed it down with some codeine diet..
Re: Three Die After Consuming Expired Drugs In Kaduna by cjudy(m): 4:42pm On Apr 10
PandoraObi:
Too bad. the work of the Nzobu Nzobu Nzobu people after Peter girigory Obi was disgraceful defeated

1 Like

Re: Three Die After Consuming Expired Drugs In Kaduna by prigoz(m): 4:43pm On Apr 10
PandoraObi:
Too bad. the work of the Nzobu Nzobu Nzobu people after Peter girigory Obi was disgraceful defeated
How old are you? You refused to grow up

1 Like

Re: Three Die After Consuming Expired Drugs In Kaduna by Fulaniguy01: 5:08pm On Apr 10
CartelKenneth:
Thank God it was Muslims that died not Christians

one spotted
Re: Three Die After Consuming Expired Drugs In Kaduna by Almaiga: 5:09pm On Apr 10
Ladiesdoctor:
Na dem sabi

Say no to drugs

Na Obidients dey cause all this. Na them dey sell expired drugs in this Country

Re: Three Die After Consuming Expired Drugs In Kaduna by Almaiga: 5:11pm On Apr 10
navyseal2220:

Typical Anambra man. E no concern you say people die. Your own na to make money and come online dey chest beat you Sabi.

Re: Three Die After Consuming Expired Drugs In Kaduna by 2shure: 5:13pm On Apr 10
I'd rather take expired original drug,than to take a non expired fake drug.
Same way I'd rather buy an original tokunbo tyre,than a new Chinese knock off made by obidients. In nigeria there is always hot and cold.choose 1.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ogun Govt Raises Alarm Over Toxic Imported ‘ponmo’ / Ebola Cripples West African Economies As Fearful Workers Stay Home / Please Where Can I Find Biotin And Keratin In Nigeria?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.