Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,542 members, 7,816,314 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:24 AM

FG Fines British Airways $135M & Virgin Atlantic $100M Over Ticket Prices - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / FG Fines British Airways $135M & Virgin Atlantic $100M Over Ticket Prices (7847 Views)

Abimbola Jayeola Captain Of Bristow Helicopter That Ditched In Atlantic Ocean / We Are Not Leaving Nigeria - Virgin Atlantic / Virgin Atlantic Flight To Uk To Make Stop Over In Ghana Due to Fuel Shortage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Fines British Airways $135M & Virgin Atlantic $100M Over Ticket Prices by RickyRoss1(m): 12:02am On Nov 18, 2011
Abrantie:

Nigeria dey show BALLS of steel grin ,  woot woot!

In Ghana, not only would we have shut up, but also allow them to open a white-only restaurant at our single international airport, then sing praises of "obroni akwaaba" (white person welcome). Kudos to Naija!

Yes u are right to some extent, but the Ghana govt don wake up small. See as Atta Mills dey halla David Cameron, i liked the way he told Cameron that Ghana wont legalize same sex marriage and nobody can force them to do so even as Britian wanted to stop their shitty aid to Ghana, And as for the white only restaurant my friends in Ghana confirmed the story but as the government became aware they sealed the place the next day? So u can see ur govt is trying too. Its high time we Africans wake up and not allow these white people take advantage of us all the time,
Re: FG Fines British Airways $135M & Virgin Atlantic $100M Over Ticket Prices by Nobody: 12:31am On Nov 18, 2011
JIL:

Comments made by Bristish bloggers;

How about they pay compensation to my girl friend. There bloody navy cocked a hostage situation up and blew her late husbands head off. Widow now for 5 years and never recieved a penny .

An utterly corrupt country at every level. They rip-off people with internet fraud and Nigerians commit serious crime in the UK. I would be delighted if all UK airlines were to avoid Nigeria forever. Perhaps the Nigerian government can pay compensation to us for the huge sums that have been stolen from UK bank accounts as a result of their unwillingness to root out the perpetrators.

Just stop flying there. Solves a number of problems.

Stop going there then.

What the hell is going on, Nigeria usually extort money secretly.

They're operating the plane, they can charge what they want !

Ah Nigeria. Maybe they ain't making enough money from internet scams anymore?

oh piss of nigeria- all countries have corruption but at least ours isn't so obvious

Who would want to fly into Lagos and such like if there are limited flights here then of course the price will be high it's all about supply and demand. The most corrupt place on earth and they have the cheek to moan they'd sale their own kid if the price were right.

Wow, trebled their GDP instantly, Greece will try it next

Mr dear friend, Is this anywhere near burkinp faso? - because I would most certainly advise against flying in this area -as there is £milllllllions of cash waiting unclaimed in banks.

In fact, they could use this money to pay off fines !!

Stop flying there and save the UK a fortune in bogus welfare claims and other scams.

tell them to take a flying F, K AND STOP ALL THE AID WE BRITS ARE SICK OF BEING TAKEN FOR A RIDE

If i was BA or Virgin,i'd tell them to f, k off

lol, nice one. scams in a larger scale now?

Some nerve eh. The biggest scammers on earth. Tell them to take the money out of that which all their illegals send home from here. The best solution is just don't fly there anymore.

my comments were not racial, but have been deleted. why ?

and on what Authority can they make them pay this obviously exorbitant amount of money,they should just pull all flights coming and going from this #$%$ hole country.

I never new Brits were that silly. I used to hear that Brits were very gentle people but this comment said the opposite. After reading through it ,I could only say that lad is an ignorant bastard who doesn't know an inch of what business is all about.

However, the govt shouldn't allow the airlines to be profiting unnecessarily from the passengers traveling  within that route. The Brits will never stop this their archaic subtlety. They are just too cony and cocky!
Re: FG Fines British Airways $135M & Virgin Atlantic $100M Over Ticket Prices by gidson12(m): 8:37am On Nov 18, 2011
the aviation Game is still on, score Nigeria 2- Britain 1,
Re: FG Fines British Airways $135M & Virgin Atlantic $100M Over Ticket Prices by buJu234: 9:14am On Nov 18, 2011
thats a gud one; but our corrupt official also need to b called to order; because part of d reason 4 d high prices is because of d settling dat d BA guys have to do in Nigeria.

i can see dat d British world power status is declining daily,
Re: FG Fines British Airways $135M & Virgin Atlantic $100M Over Ticket Prices by mbulela: 9:20am On Nov 18, 2011
JIL:

How about they pay compensation to my girl friend. There bloody navy cocked a hostage situation up and blew her late husbands head off. Widow now for 5 years and never recieved a penny .

An utterly corrupt country at every level. They rip-off people with internet fraud and Nigerians commit serious crime in the UK. I would be delighted if all UK airlines were to avoid Nigeria forever. Perhaps the Nigerian government can pay compensation to us for the huge sums that have been stolen from UK bank accounts as a result of their unwillingness to root out the perpetrators.

Stop going there then.

oh piss of nigeria- all countries have corruption but at least ours isn't so obvious

Who would want to fly into Lagos and such like if there are limited flights here then of course the price will be high it's all about supply and demand. The most corrupt place on earth and they have the cheek to moan they'd sale their own kid if the price were right.

Mr dear friend, Is this anywhere near burkinp faso? - because I would most certainly advise against flying in this area -as there is £milllllllions of cash waiting unclaimed in banks.

Stop flying there and save the UK a fortune in bogus welfare claims and other scams.

tell them to take a flying F, K AND STOP ALL THE AID WE BRITS ARE SICK OF BEING TAKEN FOR A RIDE

Some nerve eh. The biggest scammers on earth. Tell them to take the money out of that which all their illegals send home from here. The best solution is just don't fly there anymore.

and on what Authority can they make them pay this obviously exorbitant amount of money,they should just pull all flights coming and going from this #$%$ hole country.

I have never felt pity for any victim of 419,not even one.
I am no fan of 419ers but that i think there are more important things to worry about than 419 victims.
At the root of every 419 is greed.
This boy must be one of those who looted shops during the recent riots in London. That is his idea of hard work.
Re: FG Fines British Airways $135M & Virgin Atlantic $100M Over Ticket Prices by coderXO(m): 9:32am On Nov 18, 2011

Stop going there then.

This ode doesn't know British people and companies make billions of pounds transacting business in Nigeria and through Nigerians.

He should go and ask BA or Virgin themselves if they want to stop coming to Nigeria.

The truth about the internet is that everyone has the opportunity to voice his/her opinion.

This includes smart and intelligent people as well as dense lards like him.

Abegi komot!

Malu!
Re: FG Fines British Airways $135M & Virgin Atlantic $100M Over Ticket Prices by Kx: 9:37am On Nov 18, 2011
Nothing will come out of this.

What about the other airlines?
This is mere politics.
Even if the market is here, it costs more to do business in Nigeria than in Ghana,hence the Ghanian cheaper fares.

1 Like

Re: FG Fines British Airways $135M & Virgin Atlantic $100M Over Ticket Prices by DerMeister: 9:59am On Nov 18, 2011
The problem is not from the airlines, its the bloody taxes the govt tacks on the air fares that makes them expensive. The taxes are too high and there's no evidence that the tax is being used for anything useful. Our airports are horrible, toilets smell and don't work, airport workers harass passengers etc. In MM2, if you flying to PH, ABJ or wherever, after buying your ticket, you have to pay a PASSENGER PROCESSING CHARGE of N1000 b4 you get to the departure lounge. This is criminal and should be stopped. I dont blame the airlines, I blame our govt for poor regulation of the industry.

1 Like

Re: FG Fines British Airways $135M & Virgin Atlantic $100M Over Ticket Prices by glowithdan(m): 10:27am On Nov 18, 2011
Paying through the nose while using any of those airlines has been an issue well overdue! This has to do with the psychology of the ordinary Brit. They see us (Nigerians) as second class being, when in the real sense, they are.

Don't get me wrong when I say, an average Brit has nothing upstairs compared to an average Nigerian. The white rat here talk about scam. Where did the black man learn these things from? THE WHITE RATS of course, They perpetuate these acts,  hide under, and blame the blacks.

The issue here is BA and it's partner in crime being caught pants down, what has internet scam got to do with it? They have taken us for a ride for too long, because of how we've degenerated ourselves in public light. They believe our representatives cared little about our welfare and plights; They can not stand if it's citizens rights are violated (locally, say less on the international scale), but little do they know there is time for everything.

Believe me when I say an average Brit has nothing upstairs! Their level  Plagiarism is second to done, and yet they come out with little scores in class. I believe, the only thing they are good for is to produce babies without fathers!! It might interest you to know that in present day England, 57 percent (un confirmed proof) off the kids here don't know their fathers!! The level of immorality is nothing compared to; yet this white rat makes noise here!

African and other international students contribute sustainably amount to sustain the British economy, and yet they have nothing to offer you, yet this white rat talks rubbish. Anyway, they are known for talking rubbish, and rubbish they will keep on saying.

How I wish our leaders can continue on this good note, only there and then, will we as a people regain our deserve respect both home and abroad. But for now, let those rippers pay up and reduce their fares, or back off!!
Re: FG Fines British Airways $135M & Virgin Atlantic $100M Over Ticket Prices by OmoTier1(m): 11:12am On Nov 18, 2011
I demand , let the Chief Lawyer of the Federation file a class action against BA and Virgin. BA and Virgin are into price fixing big time and they know the game works until caught pants down.

If BA and Virgin feels they are not guilty of the allegations, why are they sending high powered lobby to the presidency for fine reduction barely a day after NCAA revealed they would be fined?

GEJ and co should be reminded that Nigerians are watching, the WHOLE world is watching, lets do the right thing right now and not later! If Arik or any African airline was found wanting by British authorities, by nw you would be seeing them parade on BBC One trying to rub it in as usual.

Let NCAA not stop there, an investigation of the following airlines should also be underway
1. Air france
2. Royal Dutch-KLM
3. Lufthansa
Re: FG Fines British Airways $135M & Virgin Atlantic $100M Over Ticket Prices by Nobody: 1:30pm On Nov 18, 2011
DerMeister:

The problem is not from the airlines, its the bloody taxes the govt tacks on the air fares that makes them expensive. The taxes are too high and there's no evidence that the tax is being used for anything useful. Our airports are horrible, toilets smell and don't work, airport workers harass passengers etc. In MM2, if you flying to PH, ABJ or wherever, after buying your ticket, you have to pay a PASSENGER PROCESSING CHARGE of N1000 b4 you get to the departure lounge. This is criminal and should be stopped. I dont blame the airlines, I blame our govt for poor regulation of the industry.
If that is actually the truth, are BA and Virgin airlines the only airlines using the airport? I quite agree with you on the poor organizing of things at the airport and some behaviors worth to be called criminal are carried out in there but it is up to those who can intervene to do so through any means possible. I think it's about time the Brits airlines and other developed countries who are civilized and organized place sanctions on the airport until the govt do something about those problems than ripping passengers off. This explains the ulterior motives  of the airlines which only concern themselves about the huge profits.
Re: FG Fines British Airways $135M & Virgin Atlantic $100M Over Ticket Prices by sweet9ja: 2:23pm On Nov 18, 2011
GEJ can afford to stand up to them because, the Brits have nothing to blackmail him with. grin

He has not stached any loot there.
Re: FG Fines British Airways $135M & Virgin Atlantic $100M Over Ticket Prices by justi4jesu(f): 2:56pm On Nov 18, 2011
good riddance to bad rubbish, extorting money from people unnecessarily,
Re: FG Fines British Airways $135M & Virgin Atlantic $100M Over Ticket Prices by ezeagu(m): 10:08pm On Nov 18, 2011
sweet9ja:

GEJ can afford to stand up to them because, the Brits have nothing to blackmail him with. grin

He has not stached any loot there.

And the ministers who regularly fly British airways Business class, along with their children? You think they're going to use Arik air-molue, or wait at Nairobi for an hour?
Re: FG Fines British Airways $135M & Virgin Atlantic $100M Over Ticket Prices by Redstone(m): 12:05am On Nov 19, 2011
Into whose pocket will be money be paid?
Re: FG Fines British Airways $135M & Virgin Atlantic $100M Over Ticket Prices by ayex0001: 11:07am On Nov 19, 2011
Get free downloading codes, how to generate recharge card nombas, how to hack and crack, how to be a real programmer in minutes, secrets and the legit ways of making online all on
www . naijatechzone . com
Re: FG Fines British Airways $135M & Virgin Atlantic $100M Over Ticket Prices by sweet9ja: 5:11pm On Nov 19, 2011
ezeagu:

And the ministers who regularly fly British airways Business class, along with their children? You think they're going to use Arik air-molue, or wait at Nairobi for an hour?
There's so much at stake here, it will be foolhardy and unpatriotic for any minister of the FGN to patronise BA while this dispute is on-going.
Re: FG Fines British Airways $135M & Virgin Atlantic $100M Over Ticket Prices by ezeagu(m): 7:03pm On Nov 19, 2011
sweet9ja:

There's so much at stake here, it will be foolhardy and unpatriotic for any minister of the FGN to patronise BA while this dispute is on-going.

Hmm, patriotic Nigerian ministers. Interesting.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Travelling To Bahamas, / Why Are Salaries In Europe So Low? / How Do I Book Local Flights In Nigeria?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.