Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,065 members, 7,814,672 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 05:16 PM

Knowledge Workers: What Did You Search For On Wikipedia/Google Today? - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Knowledge Workers: What Did You Search For On Wikipedia/Google Today? (5193 Views)

MTN, Etisalat And Glo: How They Pay Their Workers - www.NigerianBulletin.com / I Want To Appear On Wikipedia / Workers - What's Your Plan B After Retirement? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Knowledge Workers: What Did You Search For On Wikipedia/Google Today? by yamakuza: 8:51pm On Jan 26, 2012
^ No, i havent used a computer in months!

Will check it out when next i do.
Re: Knowledge Workers: What Did You Search For On Wikipedia/Google Today? by yamakuza: 10:41am On Jan 28, 2012
Asymmetric Warfare

Force Projection

(FG might as well use PMCs instead of the USMC)
Re: Knowledge Workers: What Did You Search For On Wikipedia/Google Today? by Wallie(m): 10:15pm On Feb 03, 2012
Isovector movement - still not exactly sure what it means but it seems to mean movement out-of-phase in tandem. Apparently, the word isovector is used in Particle Physics to represent the vector transformation of a particle under isospin (whatever that means!).
Re: Knowledge Workers: What Did You Search For On Wikipedia/Google Today? by Wallie(m): 4:44pm On Feb 07, 2012
Ever wondered what the future of search engines hold? Wolfram Alpha is not semantic based engine like Google and actually calculates answers to your questions.

http://www.wolframalpha.com/

Started a thread on it in the Education section:
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-865284.0.html
Re: Knowledge Workers: What Did You Search For On Wikipedia/Google Today? by ayox2003: 9:46am On Feb 08, 2012
^ I checked the site now and was stunned at its simplicity. Lazy students just got another quick-fix tool.
Re: Knowledge Workers: What Did You Search For On Wikipedia/Google Today? by AjanleKoko: 10:00am On Feb 08, 2012
ayox2003:

^ I checked the site now and was stunned at its simplicity. Lazy students just got another quick-fix tool.

Lazy?
Grunt work is no longer fashionable, ogbeni. With more information you can move faster, do things more independently, and cheaper.
I'd say it's the 'knowledge hawkers' that are rapidly going out of business, thanks to the Internet's evolution.
Re: Knowledge Workers: What Did You Search For On Wikipedia/Google Today? by ayox2003: 12:14pm On Feb 09, 2012
^ Lol. The students (lazy) I know will solve thier questions with this tool. Infact objective questions just got easier. wink

Frawzey
Re: Knowledge Workers: What Did You Search For On Wikipedia/Google Today? by Wallie(m): 4:24pm On Feb 09, 2012
Collimated light - light with parallel rays
Re: Knowledge Workers: What Did You Search For On Wikipedia/Google Today? by Wallie(m): 3:24pm On Feb 15, 2012
Emulsification - mixture of two or more liquids that to are immiscible to attain homogeneity. For example, mixing oil and water into a stable solution that cannot be readily separated.
Re: Knowledge Workers: What Did You Search For On Wikipedia/Google Today? by Wallie(m): 3:34pm On Feb 15, 2012
Rarefaction Wave – decompression stage or negative pressure of a wave.
Re: Knowledge Workers: What Did You Search For On Wikipedia/Google Today? by Wallie(m): 3:47pm On Feb 15, 2012
Cavitation Effect – implosion of bubbles when a liquid is subjected to rapid pressure changes.
Re: Knowledge Workers: What Did You Search For On Wikipedia/Google Today? by omonija1(f): 5:00am On Feb 16, 2012
I want your JOB!LOL I love learning.
Re: Knowledge Workers: What Did You Search For On Wikipedia/Google Today? by Wallie(m): 8:51pm On Feb 16, 2012
MIMO Systems - Multiple-Input and Multiple-Output antennas at both the transmitter and receiver to improve communication performance over a channel.

Trying to understand exactly how it works and how the spectral efficiency during channel coding can be improved upon.
Re: Knowledge Workers: What Did You Search For On Wikipedia/Google Today? by ayox2003: 12:55pm On Mar 21, 2012
I googled/wikied SDLC- System Development Life Cycle...I ended up refreshing my brain.
Re: Knowledge Workers: What Did You Search For On Wikipedia/Google Today? by Wallie(m): 2:05pm On Apr 16, 2012
Discotic liquid crystals - have similar potential to the conducting polymers for their use in photovoltaic cells, they have the same technical challenges of low conductivity and sensitivity to UV damage as the polymer designs.

Trying to understand the structural significance of differently layers of a nano-structure solar cell (too Chemistry-related for me!).
Re: Knowledge Workers: What Did You Search For On Wikipedia/Google Today? by Wallie(m): 7:07pm On May 07, 2012
Trying to figure out if there are any structural differences between an oxide layer formed by anodizing vs photolithography.

Answer: I have no clue! I need to find a semiconductor expert real quick! grin
Re: Knowledge Workers: What Did You Search For On Wikipedia/Google Today? by ayox2003: 12:13pm On Jun 07, 2012
Information Entropy- the measure of randomness/unpredictability in a system.
Trying to see how a passphrase generator has high entropy in wireless security.

1 Like

Re: Knowledge Workers: What Did You Search For On Wikipedia/Google Today? by Wallie(m): 8:26pm On Jun 18, 2012
TD-SCDMA - Time Division Synchronous Code Division Multiple Access, which is apparently CDMA + TDMA = clusterfuck.
Re: Knowledge Workers: What Did You Search For On Wikipedia/Google Today? by ayox2003: 12:30am On Jun 19, 2012
Wallie: TD-SCDMA - Time Division Synchronous Code Division Multiple Access, which is apparently CDMA + TDMA = clusterfuck.

What makes you communicate is what you calling that name?
Re: Knowledge Workers: What Did You Search For On Wikipedia/Google Today? by Wallie(m): 1:48pm On Jun 20, 2012
Peltier effect - creation of heat differential between two surfaces when electric energy is applied (thermoelectric cooling).
Re: Knowledge Workers: What Did You Search For On Wikipedia/Google Today? by Wallie(m): 2:02pm On Jun 20, 2012
ayox2003:

What makes you communicate is what you calling that name?

Yep because in my not-so-humble opinion that's what it is. It is a protocol created out of desperation to bypass the paying of 3G licensing fees, which means they went about a roundabout way of solving a non-existent problem creating unnecessary complication as a result.
Re: Knowledge Workers: What Did You Search For On Wikipedia/Google Today? by AjanleKoko: 5:49pm On Jun 20, 2012
Wallie:

Yep because in my not-so-humble opinion that's what it is. It is a protocol created out of desperation to bypass the paying of 3G licensing fees, which means they went about a roundabout way of solving a non-existent problem creating unnecessary complication as a result.

Cosigned.
Also known as UMTS-TDD. Wideband CDMA based on time slot management undecided

Chinese people sha embarassed
Re: Knowledge Workers: What Did You Search For On Wikipedia/Google Today? by Wallie(m): 1:36pm On Aug 14, 2012
Dielectrophoresis - force applied to particles when subjected to non-uniform (AC) electric field.

In my particular situation, dielectrophoresis is used to trap and release bioparticles (cells) on chips. One example of where this Lab-On-Chip technology is used is in blood sugar testing devices for people with diabetes that only require a tiny amount of blood.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ngZZEubmAjw
Re: Knowledge Workers: What Did You Search For On Wikipedia/Google Today? by Wallie(m): 3:17pm On Oct 11, 2012
Isoelectric point (IEP) - a point that carries no net electric charge.

I'm working on an invention that uses isoelectric points between QRS waves of an EKG signal of the heart to detect myocardial infarction (heart attack) using a pacemaker-like device.

If I can keep these postings up, it will be interesting for me to go back in a few years to re-read all the obscure things that I’ve worked on. This might just shape up to serve as my own personal diary of knowledge acquired (and probably lost) over the years since I’m the only one posting:-)

2 Likes

Re: Knowledge Workers: What Did You Search For On Wikipedia/Google Today? by AjanleKoko: 6:33pm On Oct 11, 2012
^^
Maybe you're the only 'knowledge worker' on this thread wink cheesy
Re: Knowledge Workers: What Did You Search For On Wikipedia/Google Today? by obowunmi(m): 1:10am On Oct 12, 2012
I googled "oxymoron"
Re: Knowledge Workers: What Did You Search For On Wikipedia/Google Today? by Wallie(m): 2:47pm On Feb 11, 2013
Left Bundle Branch Block (LBBB) - a cardiac abnormality seen on an electrocardiogram (ECG) caused by the delay in activation of the left ventricle that causes the left ventricle to contract later than the right ventricle.
Re: Knowledge Workers: What Did You Search For On Wikipedia/Google Today? by Rare(m): 5:37am On Feb 15, 2013
Re: Knowledge Workers: What Did You Search For On Wikipedia/Google Today? by Rare(m): 5:45am On Feb 15, 2013
XPIC: Cross Polarization Interference Cancellation

For a few months I have been deploying microwave transmission systems that use this XPIC feature.
Essentially it's all about how a microwave path can effectively double its capacity (in Megabits per second) by assignment of the same frequency to both a vertical & horizontal polarization on a path, with sufficient seperation between both polarizations (typically > 30dB)such that interference is avoided. This being achieved by employing both polarizations on the same physical antenna (dish), simultaneously connected to two different radio units.

Benefits:
(1) For subscribers: Provides a transport capacity that can meet the growing demands of subscribers with bandwidth-hungry mobile devices and applications (especially for 4G LTE data rates).
(2) For operators: Maximize spectral efficiency of allocated frequency.

1 Like

Re: Knowledge Workers: What Did You Search For On Wikipedia/Google Today? by Wallie(m): 2:44pm On Feb 19, 2013
Rare: XPIC: Cross Polarization Interference Cancellation

For a few months I have been deploying microwave transmission systems that use this XPIC feature.
Essentially it's all about how a microwave path can effectively double its capacity (in Megabits per second) by assignment of the same frequency to both a vertical & horizontal polarization on a path, with sufficient seperation between both polarizations (typically > 30dB)such that interference is avoided. This being achieved by employing both polarizations on the same physical antenna (dish), simultaneously connected to two different radio units.

Benefits:
(1) For subscribers: Provides a transport capacity that can meet the growing demands of subscribers with bandwidth-hungry mobile devices and applications (especially for 4G LTE data rates).
(2) For operators: Maximize spectral efficiency of allocated frequency.

The antennas are oriented 90 degrees from each other?
Re: Knowledge Workers: What Did You Search For On Wikipedia/Google Today? by Wallie(m): 2:47pm On Feb 19, 2013
High electron mobility transistor (HEMT) - a field effect transistor incorporating a junction between two materials with different band gaps as the channel instead of a doped region. As a result, HEMTs can operate at a higher frequency than ordinary transistors and are used in devices like cell phones, satellite receivers, etc.

Working on an invention that increases the breakdown voltage of HEMTs.
Re: Knowledge Workers: What Did You Search For On Wikipedia/Google Today? by Tochex101(m): 10:45am On Feb 23, 2013
Lovely thread..........added to my bookmarks.I researched on "Witricity" today

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How Long Does It Take To Resume Work After Medical Examination / OGFZA pay grade / Wema Bank Salary Structure

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.