Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,191 members, 7,818,619 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:00 PM

A Crossroads Dilemma: To Move Or Not To Move To Canada - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / A Crossroads Dilemma: To Move Or Not To Move To Canada (267 Views)

My Dilemma: Canada Or 500K Tech Job / Relocate Or Stay In Nigeria (serious Dilemma ) / Before You Travel To Canada: The Dangers Therein (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Crossroads Dilemma: To Move Or Not To Move To Canada by Kaymanz: 10:57pm On Apr 10
Good day everyone,

I need your input here. I recently lost my elder sister, who was a permanent resident in Canada, and we are planning to lay her to rest soon.

I have applied for and received a visitor's visa to attend the burial in Canada. Currently, I work as an accountant and earn relatively well as an entry-level staff.

Would it be a good idea for me to leave my job here in Nigeria and use this as an opportunity to relocate, considering that I only have 6 months to secure a job in Canada that could sponsor my work permit?

I would like to know my chances of securing a job or converting my visitor's visa to either a work permit or a study visa.

Please, I need your input, as I am very confused at the moment.
Re: A Crossroads Dilemma: To Move Or Not To Move To Canada by TUANKU(m): 11:00pm On Apr 10
Here as observer to learn.
Re: A Crossroads Dilemma: To Move Or Not To Move To Canada by tensazangetsu20(m): 11:01pm On Apr 10
If its possible to take a six month leave from work, then try and see for yourself but dont quit your job.
Re: A Crossroads Dilemma: To Move Or Not To Move To Canada by ednut1(m): 1:13am On Apr 11
Kaymanz:
Good day everyone,

I need your input here. I recently lost my elder sister, who was a permanent resident in Canada, and we are planning to lay her to rest soon.

I have applied for and received a visitor's visa to attend the burial in Canada. Currently, I work as an accountant and earn relatively well as an entry-level staff.

Would it be a good idea for me to leave my job here in Nigeria and use this as an opportunity to relocate, considering that I only have 6 months to secure a job in Canada that could sponsor my work permit?

I would like to know my chances of securing a job or converting my visitor's visa to either a work permit or a study visa.

go and apply for PR /PNP. You will not get any employer willing to sponsor an accountant in this economic times. As there are many PR accountants on ground. And also post graduate permit guys on ground. Some employers are illegally selling LMIA 30k to 40k cad too.

I’m an accountant/auditor myself.
Re: A Crossroads Dilemma: To Move Or Not To Move To Canada by maternal: 4:24am On Apr 11
Kaymanz:
Good day everyone,

I don't think you can convert it. Either way, just claim refugee
Re: A Crossroads Dilemma: To Move Or Not To Move To Canada by okeke6969: 5:11am On Apr 11
tensazangetsu20:
If its possible to take a six month leave from work, then try and see for yourself but dont quit your job.

Your suggestion is good but not applicable. No company will grant an employee a 6 months leave.

1 Like

Re: A Crossroads Dilemma: To Move Or Not To Move To Canada by jesmond3945: 6:48am On Apr 11
Kaymanz:
Good day everyone,

dont leave work. Take leave, attend the burial, only resign from when you have secured a job.
Re: A Crossroads Dilemma: To Move Or Not To Move To Canada by lastkingsman: 8:04am On Apr 11
ednut1:
go and apply for PR /PNP. You will not get any employer willing to sponsor an accountant in this economic times. As there are many PR accountants on ground. And also post graduate permit guys on ground. Some employers are illegally selling LMIA 30k to 40k cad too.

I’m an accountant/auditor myself.

And if person no shine eyes, that 30 - 40k fit enter scammer hand

(1) (Reply)

Need Directions / 8 Adults And 1 Minor Dead, 4 Injured At Otedola Bridge Explosion - LASEMA / Nnamdiazikiwe International Airport Abuja Reopened Afteraircraft Overshot Runway

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.