Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,459 members, 7,816,079 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:47 AM

Coastal Road: FG To Charge N3,000 On Average Per Toll Gate, Says Umahi - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Coastal Road: FG To Charge N3,000 On Average Per Toll Gate, Says Umahi (19175 Views)

Construction Of Coastal Road From Lagos To Eight States / 2023 Presidency: Politicians Should Have Retirement Age, Says Umahi / South-East Killings: We Are Hiding Our Faces In Shame, Says Umahi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Coastal Road: FG To Charge N3,000 On Average Per Toll Gate, Says Umahi by Blazetrailer: 7:26pm On Apr 11
Calm down. That road will not pass Lekki Free trade zone(phase 1) The Nigerian Govt will then buy it back from HITec at double the money they used in constructing it. That project na scam...to siphon money out of the country through the Chagourys. That's why it was hurriedly approved without a public tender. Check LCC Lekki toll gate...na scam. If you know, you know.

Zulu11zulu:
you will drive alone with your master in that road. From Lagos to Calaba you will have about 8 toll gate 3000 x 8. Each state will have two toll one from end to end.

Umehi is mad

4 Likes

Re: Coastal Road: FG To Charge N3,000 On Average Per Toll Gate, Says Umahi by Dafresh: 7:26pm On Apr 11
smalls001:
The road is not for people like you. If you're still giving police N500, thats your cup of tea and ur problem. The Army , Navy and others including agberos you mentioned do not ask for money. If you've got nothing serious to say, just keep quiet. It's that simple.
you're the biggest liar of all time

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Coastal Road: FG To Charge N3,000 On Average Per Toll Gate, Says Umahi by edenex: 7:27pm On Apr 11
slivertongue:
I hope this project won't end a white elephant project

After ibeju lekki. It will be abandoned. Well know fact. Tinubu just used the project to finance the other corridor for lekki and also cash out with sinzu hitech

1 Like

Re: Coastal Road: FG To Charge N3,000 On Average Per Toll Gate, Says Umahi by godofuck231: 7:28pm On Apr 11
I warned you guys about tinubu and capitalism , you guys will pay to walk on the streets of Nigeria

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Coastal Road: FG To Charge N3,000 On Average Per Toll Gate, Says Umahi by youngrichnigga: 7:29pm On Apr 11
Nekwa

1 Like

Re: Coastal Road: FG To Charge N3,000 On Average Per Toll Gate, Says Umahi by Ever8090: 7:29pm On Apr 11
Kenochi:
HE Engr Dave Umahi is gradually telling Nigerians the truth,if you look at all major roads in Nigeria I sincerely believe at some point we will have to consider the tolling option for all new infrastructure being built.The East West Road,the Lagos to Calabar Road,the Second Niger bridge,the Kaduna to Kano Highway are routes that we have to look at options of maintaining those roads outside Government funding
As for the pricing,I believe we will cross the bridge when we get there.
Once again, I sincerely salute the tenacity of the Minister,he is truly a Round peg in a Round hole and I believe some ministers in this administration need to visit HE Engr Dave Umahi to understand their job description.
I don't want to mention names,but I am sure that there are ministers who are yet to understand what exactly they are doing in this cabinet

For those who sincerely desire good investment on the Lagos Calabar Super Highway, kindly check my signature for more details
i am 💯 sure that the project will not be completed in this our generation so when the generation that will use the road comes on board they will negotiate whatever price that will be suitable in that generation...

Benin Sapele road that they started long ago, they are yet to complete one kilometre....

1 Like

Re: Coastal Road: FG To Charge N3,000 On Average Per Toll Gate, Says Umahi by jetguy(m): 7:40pm On Apr 11
faceland:

He is the boss. Gangsters only knows tax and levy... I am sure they would be paying to his company years after leaving office.

Only private cars (and those useless truck companies) that would suffer. Commercial buses would transfer the charges to their customers.

Aswear 😕

1 Like

Re: Coastal Road: FG To Charge N3,000 On Average Per Toll Gate, Says Umahi by CartelKenneth: 7:46pm On Apr 11
Fkmodhi:
3000 is too low, why not 5000 ?

5000 is too low why not 5million

1 Like

Re: Coastal Road: FG To Charge N3,000 On Average Per Toll Gate, Says Umahi by Hadeylex: 7:47pm On Apr 11
Kenochi:
HE Engr Dave Umahi is gradually telling Nigerians the truth,if you look at all major roads in Nigeria I sincerely believe at some point we will have to consider the tolling option for all new infrastructure being built.The East West Road,the Lagos to Calabar Road,the Second Niger bridge,the Kaduna to Kano Highway are routes that we have to look at options of maintaining those roads outside Government funding
Once again, I sincerely salute the tenacity of the Minister,he is truly a Round peg in a Round hole and I believe some ministers in this administration need to visit HE Engr Dave Umahi to understand their job description.
I don't want to mention names,but I am sure that there are ministers who are yet to understand what exactly they are doing in this cabinet

For those who sincerely desire good investment on the Lagos Calabar Super Highway, kindly check my signature for more details

Another idiot sponsored commentator

1 Like

Re: Coastal Road: FG To Charge N3,000 On Average Per Toll Gate, Says Umahi by AskNgige2: 7:48pm On Apr 11
Fkmodhi:
Or 12k per toll..

1 Like

Re: Coastal Road: FG To Charge N3,000 On Average Per Toll Gate, Says Umahi by AskNgige2: 7:51pm On Apr 11
surgical:
Tinubu wants Nigerians to bleed to death at any opportunity he wants to suffocate them to death
No respite at all
But Nigerian deserves what they are getting for being docile,too accommodating of useless leaders and having limitless elasticity for tolerating nonsense

Is like shetima will be better than Tinibu...

Let me not praying for shetima to take over.
Re: Coastal Road: FG To Charge N3,000 On Average Per Toll Gate, Says Umahi by Willie2015: 7:54pm On Apr 11
Kenochi:

What do we need a super high way for....why not invest in rail network. Lagos blue rail did 538000 Passengers within 4 months .... Transport via rail is the best option for us.

2 Likes

Re: Coastal Road: FG To Charge N3,000 On Average Per Toll Gate, Says Umahi by freemanq(m): 8:01pm On Apr 11
This project is Anti people

1 Like

Re: Coastal Road: FG To Charge N3,000 On Average Per Toll Gate, Says Umahi by enochogaga(m): 8:02pm On Apr 11
U USE THE MASSES MONEY TO FUND THE PROJECT AND STILL TAX THE MASSES FOR USING THE RD

1 Like

Re: Coastal Road: FG To Charge N3,000 On Average Per Toll Gate, Says Umahi by ComeToJesus: 8:04pm On Apr 11
The APC is the undertaker that the devil sent to bury Nigeria. The Almighty God will redeem the soul of Nigeria.

What a wicked party.

Always looking for ways to extort money from Nigerians.

God will out yhe enemy of Nigeria to shame

1 Like

Re: Coastal Road: FG To Charge N3,000 On Average Per Toll Gate, Says Umahi by femmy2010(m): 8:07pm On Apr 11
Zulu11zulu:
you will drive alone with your master in that road. From Lagos to Calaba you will have about 8 toll gate 3000 x 8. Each state will have two toll one from end to end.

Umehi is mad

3k in 8 states is massive but we should be open to paying a lowered toll.
Re: Coastal Road: FG To Charge N3,000 On Average Per Toll Gate, Says Umahi by melodyogonna(m): 8:10pm On Apr 11
Better to make back the money in 25 years and have people using the road than introduce expensive toll fees in a bid to make money back in 15 years, then end up not making it in 25 because nobody is using your road

2 Likes

Re: Coastal Road: FG To Charge N3,000 On Average Per Toll Gate, Says Umahi by surgical: 8:13pm On Apr 11
AskNgige2:

Is like shetima will be better than Tinibu...

Let me not praying for shetima to take over.
is there a difference between Afghanistan and yemen

1 Like

Re: Coastal Road: FG To Charge N3,000 On Average Per Toll Gate, Says Umahi by seeme2(f): 8:17pm On Apr 11
Mad people you want to ride on cement highway full security with sea breeze blowing into your empty skull free?

Where does that happen?
Re: Coastal Road: FG To Charge N3,000 On Average Per Toll Gate, Says Umahi by rotadeco27: 8:21pm On Apr 11
DMerciful:
Na wa o....i honestly didn't know it will pain you like this o grin

Oya nor vex
Shey na water or kunu aya dem put for tank or what? Abeg help ask obingo

1 Like

Re: Coastal Road: FG To Charge N3,000 On Average Per Toll Gate, Says Umahi by Kukutenla: 8:24pm On Apr 11
Paraman:
shocked shocked
Even zombie shock

2 Likes

Re: Coastal Road: FG To Charge N3,000 On Average Per Toll Gate, Says Umahi by Yampotatocarrot(m): 8:24pm On Apr 11
lexyman:
i believed that someone is not saying the truth if we go by the average of 50k vehicles per day at the rate of 3k it will still not be enough for 15years ..... please check again sir . somethings are not correct . with the cost of this project .

I think it should... That's just for one toll gate, then multiply by the number of tollgates on the road

I believe there'll be two toll gates per state or so... Sums up to around 10 tollgates... It should sum up to something

3000 × 8 (lest say 8 tollgates) = #24,000
24,000 × 40,000 cars per day (he actually said 50,000)= #960,000,000

That is per day... If his postulations are correct, it'll exceed
Re: Coastal Road: FG To Charge N3,000 On Average Per Toll Gate, Says Umahi by DMerciful(m): 8:25pm On Apr 11
Who be this gazelle gagaraga?
rotadeco27:

Shey na water or kunu aya dem put for tank or what? Abeg help ask obingo

1 Like

Re: Coastal Road: FG To Charge N3,000 On Average Per Toll Gate, Says Umahi by PHAYOL81: 8:26pm On Apr 11
It's poised to be a great project if duly followed throughï¼›with all the attached facilities, bridges and stations. And I understand he said on the average, not that individual cars would be subjected to pay N3000 at any/every toll points.
Further advantage is, it's just an alternative, you can always go through the current route if you prefer not to pay.
Re: Coastal Road: FG To Charge N3,000 On Average Per Toll Gate, Says Umahi by HNICEARTH: 8:31pm On Apr 11
Fkmodhi:

What will 5000 do? That's quite low, why not 500k per toll? undecided

1 Like

Re: Coastal Road: FG To Charge N3,000 On Average Per Toll Gate, Says Umahi by bellosulaiman(m): 8:36pm On Apr 11
Islie:
Nigeria's Minister of Works Dave Umahi confirmed the figure on Thursday when he was featured on Channels Television's breakfast show The Morning Brief.

https://www.channelstv.com/2024/04/11/video-coastal-road-fg-to-charge-n3000-per-toll-gate-says-umahi/

Thieves !

1 Like

Re: Coastal Road: FG To Charge N3,000 On Average Per Toll Gate, Says Umahi by CodeTemplar: 8:39pm On Apr 11
Lol. I knew what to expect from someone who taxed the hell out of lagosians and still let Lagos remain a terrible concrete jungle.

For a road that has alternative, what is the point building another expensive one, then trying to do what he ought to do for the older one?

It follows the same pattern of public project fraud they used in milking Lagos and leaving it a terrible concrete jungle. Inflate the project and dominate it through cronies and fronts, then make the public pay through their nose steadily in the future.

1 Like

Re: Coastal Road: FG To Charge N3,000 On Average Per Toll Gate, Says Umahi by AKWATGOLD1(m): 8:39pm On Apr 11
What is multiplier effect of =N=3k per toll gate on coastal road built by FG. This simply means high cost of transportation to individual and to manufacturing companies which will bear by the end users.

2 Likes

Re: Coastal Road: FG To Charge N3,000 On Average Per Toll Gate, Says Umahi by just2endowed: 8:43pm On Apr 11
smalls001:
The road is not for people like you. If you're still giving police N500, thats your cup of tea and ur problem. The Army , Navy and others including agberos you mentioned do not ask for money. If you've got nothing serious to say, just keep quiet. It's that simple.
Re: Coastal Road: FG To Charge N3,000 On Average Per Toll Gate, Says Umahi by HugoBoss10(m): 8:54pm On Apr 11
Na so e dey start small small.
Fg will soon start taxing us for the air we breath.
It's a matter of time, it will surely happen with the rate they are going about this their taxation cool cool

1 Like

Re: Coastal Road: FG To Charge N3,000 On Average Per Toll Gate, Says Umahi by 12345baba(m): 8:56pm On Apr 11
Zulu11zulu:

Umehi is mad
hahahaha. Bro b calming down we will debate it in our next senate sitting.
#dove umehiii is a barawo

2 Likes

Re: Coastal Road: FG To Charge N3,000 On Average Per Toll Gate, Says Umahi by excanny: 9:05pm On Apr 11
So Nigeria has no beaches again.

This is the most useless project I've ever seen a government done.

I hope this useless coastal road will be uprooted in future. It's a real display of stupidity.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

EFCC Begins Probe Of Uduaghan Administration / Implication Of Obi Kenneth Ifeatu's Defection on Godwin Maduka's Candidacy / President Buhari Presides Over National Honours In Abuja (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.