Stats: 3,152,160 members, 7,815,049 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:00 AM

Makeup Artist Buried By River Bank As Her Parent Can't Afford Sacrifice Money - Celebrities (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Makeup Artist Buried By River Bank As Her Parent Can't Afford Sacrifice Money (51919 Views)

Herbalist Attempts Revival Rituals On Jnr Pope By River Niger / Ritualist: Suspected Group Of Boys Performs Ritual By River Side (video) / Baby Mama Kemi Ayorinde: Lyta Can't Afford ₦13k Balloons For Son Aari's Birthday (2) (3) (4)

Re: Makeup Artist Buried By River Bank As Her Parent Can't Afford Sacrifice Money by lexyclasy: 8:59am On Apr 12
NwekeUG:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qeDkpyH8pic

nlfpmod mukina2
Such a shame with nonsense tradition, if it is other tribe now, the dot nation will slam their venom, just imagine the nonsense sacrifice , very useless tribe.
Re: Makeup Artist Buried By River Bank As Her Parent Can't Afford Sacrifice Money by Timoleon(m): 9:00am On Apr 12
NaijaOlosho:
Stupid fake tradition to extort money

The people should be arrested and dealt with ruthlessly undecided undecided undecided

One reason I believe they couldn't do much to reject the demands is that akwaibomites themselves can be very dogmatic with traditions and rites. If it happened in akwa ibom, the victims family will face the same.

Ps. I'm not in support or against whatever happened. I'm very much indifferent to it. I'm just giving my opinion as to why they might have gone along with the situation.

Re: Makeup Artist Buried By River Bank As Her Parent Can't Afford Sacrifice Money by MartinsD12(m): 9:00am On Apr 12
Re: Makeup Artist Buried By River Bank As Her Parent Can't Afford Sacrifice Money by TOPCRUISE(m): 9:00am On Apr 12
That is kidnapping. Bleep customs.
Will they sue the family if they refuse to bury their dead by the bank
Re: Makeup Artist Buried By River Bank As Her Parent Can't Afford Sacrifice Money by Tareq1105: 9:01am On Apr 12
TUANKU:
This is heart breaking. RIP Sister cry cry cry

It's very sad.

Re: Makeup Artist Buried By River Bank As Her Parent Can't Afford Sacrifice Money by Timoleon(m): 9:01am On Apr 12
Fiscus105:

And wen employees also contributed, as a result of negligence.

Is she the one who asked them to be taken selfies and distracted the sailor?

Re: Makeup Artist Buried By River Bank As Her Parent Can't Afford Sacrifice Money by DeGods007(m): 9:01am On Apr 12
CartelKenneth:
Make she carry her degree go hell fire with an na

You're very stupid and useless.... Bloody animal angry

Re: Makeup Artist Buried By River Bank As Her Parent Can't Afford Sacrifice Money by NwaliE01: 9:05am On Apr 12
What! AGN shame on you!
Re: Makeup Artist Buried By River Bank As Her Parent Can't Afford Sacrifice Money by Felaincarnated: 9:10am On Apr 12
And Christianity nor Islam don't extort to carry out a burial. Abeg clean ur mouth
Sirianese:
Nigerians hide under tradition to extort the bereaved for money. What a heartless country

Re: Makeup Artist Buried By River Bank As Her Parent Can't Afford Sacrifice Money by lexyclasy: 9:13am On Apr 12
free2ryhme:

It is well. Still don't believe this story
What do you mean.
Re: Makeup Artist Buried By River Bank As Her Parent Can't Afford Sacrifice Money by famousroland(m): 9:14am On Apr 12
santaclaws:
I doubt the authenticity of this story. If this is true, that means the riverine community where they died basically held their corpses to ransom... In a country with a government? 😧

How can we be sure that the community doesn't connive to drown outsiders as a form of sacrifice to their "river goddess" cos what the heck is going on? 🤷🏾‍♂️
The said abigail was my best friend, this is true, do not doubt
Re: Makeup Artist Buried By River Bank As Her Parent Can't Afford Sacrifice Money by Chukwuka319(m): 9:16am On Apr 12
chatinent:
It really means there's really no money in this movie thing in Nigeria..
The financial gains have reduced drastically since they learnt to churn out crappy films with sloppy storylines.

Re: Makeup Artist Buried By River Bank As Her Parent Can't Afford Sacrifice Money by Trustmea: 9:17am On Apr 12
Poverty is a bad thing to happen to anyone alive, so painful. RIP gal
Re: Makeup Artist Buried By River Bank As Her Parent Can't Afford Sacrifice Money by Babangidapikin: 9:18am On Apr 12
I feel touched ..... In as much as I don't have any fear going through Rivers or Seas even though I can't swim, it is important people wear Life Jacket when travelling ...especially Oga Peter Obi ... RIP to her ...
Re: Makeup Artist Buried By River Bank As Her Parent Can't Afford Sacrifice Money by Oceanjagaban: 9:19am On Apr 12
Thunder fire everybody
Re: Makeup Artist Buried By River Bank As Her Parent Can't Afford Sacrifice Money by isaachi4u: 9:20am On Apr 12
Senate president deh Abuja in the name of he de represent his poeple, Their own daughter, a graduate for that matter who die on the course of her Hussle, was buried outside bc of expenses that is not up to 500k. Sham

Re: Makeup Artist Buried By River Bank As Her Parent Can't Afford Sacrifice Money by Nursepepeye(f): 9:22am On Apr 12
santaclaws:
I doubt the authenticity of this story. If this is true, that means the riverine community where they died basically held their corpses to ransom... In a country with a government? 😧

How can we be sure that the community doesn't connive to drown outsiders as a form of sacrifice to their "river goddess" cos what the heck is going on? 🤷🏾‍♂️
who is even calling Nigeria 3rd world country, Nigeria is a 300rd word country, backwardness is our name, if not, in 2024, how can a country with government allow some useless people to be talking about rituals taking victims body hostages for a ransom?. I don't understand

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Makeup Artist Buried By River Bank As Her Parent Can't Afford Sacrifice Money by Chudyfuto(m): 9:22am On Apr 12
Which one is transport over 200k from akwa ibom to Anambra?

Re: Makeup Artist Buried By River Bank As Her Parent Can't Afford Sacrifice Money by CartelKenneth: 9:23am On Apr 12
DeGods007:

You're very stupid and useless.... Bloody animal angry

😂😂😂😂
Re: Makeup Artist Buried By River Bank As Her Parent Can't Afford Sacrifice Money by Chukwuka319(m): 9:23am On Apr 12
What nonsense? Doesn't the deceased have family members to come claim her corpse? And the stupid movie crew had to bury her at the river bank,of all places?
This is a pointer to the fact that many of these Nollywood movie producers, actors and actresses have links in various ways to Water spirits, and much of the deaths might not be ordinary after all.
There's so much to the film industry than meets the eye.

Re: Makeup Artist Buried By River Bank As Her Parent Can't Afford Sacrifice Money by Dennisochampa: 9:27am On Apr 12
This is barbaric to say the least...

In this modern age, if the river had powers.. Why is it only to destroy??

What did they do to deserve death in the river..
Now the river killed them... U want their families to still bring money.... To do what??

Thank the river for killing their loved ones or what..

I've said it before and will say it again... Only Jesus can save......

If people die for boat mishap for abroad... Them go do all they can to make sure someone else doesn't fall victim of the same incident.. Put safety measures in place but for my 9ja....them deh find how to give money to river spirits...
Tell me why more people no go die for the river

Re: Makeup Artist Buried By River Bank As Her Parent Can't Afford Sacrifice Money by yad2eidi: 9:29am On Apr 12
this single post tells you how useless and greedy and stingy naija celebs are. so all the cash displayed by celebs, non could give he 1 m for this?

Re: Makeup Artist Buried By River Bank As Her Parent Can't Afford Sacrifice Money by Sirianese: 9:30am On Apr 12
Felaincarnated:
And Christianity nor Islam don't extort to carry out a burial. Abeg clean ur mouth

.Clean your papa mouth mumu
Re: Makeup Artist Buried By River Bank As Her Parent Can't Afford Sacrifice Money by ericmor: 9:30am On Apr 12
Dexy4yah:
Do we live to die or do we die to live?? This life is hard to fathom.

Rip to her.

Sad

Go and listen to running by biggie and pack. The chorus says it all

Re: Makeup Artist Buried By River Bank As Her Parent Can't Afford Sacrifice Money by Berankis: 9:35am On Apr 12
santaclaws:

I guess it is an African custom to bury people that died in water beside it. Lagos State Government also buried tens of people that died in Oke Afa Canal in Ire-Akari Lagos beside the canal. I don't believe anyone would confiscate corpse because of money to be paid for rites. Then, I may be wrong, this is just my understanding.
Re: Makeup Artist Buried By River Bank As Her Parent Can't Afford Sacrifice Money by malvisguy212: 9:41am On Apr 12
Offpoint1:
It's custom to be buried by the riverside if you drown were I'm from.
No sacrifice can't be made, you can conduct burial anywhere else but body has to be buried by the riverside.

What kinda sacrifice are they demanding 150k?
you guys always insult Christianity and say it's a white man religion....now deal with your African traditional religion. maybe next they will ask you people to sacrifice your twins.
Re: Makeup Artist Buried By River Bank As Her Parent Can't Afford Sacrifice Money by We4all: 9:42am On Apr 12
The things I read online. Hungry elders hiding behind tradition to scam people.

Re: Makeup Artist Buried By River Bank As Her Parent Can't Afford Sacrifice Money by AareGaa: 9:43am On Apr 12
Sirianese:
Nigerians hide under tradition to extort the bereaved for money. What a heartless country

Leave the country alone.
Ask if they have a government in that part of Nigeria.

Boat mishaps have happened elsewhere, but I have never heard this kind of barbaric story.

People in ibo land still live in the stone age.
Re: Makeup Artist Buried By River Bank As Her Parent Can't Afford Sacrifice Money by amnesty7: 9:45am On Apr 12
blamingthedevil:
South East is a cursed region

... still doing sacrifice in 21 century...no wonder they are backward
Later they will tell you they are the most sophisticated. Sacrifice as in idol worship

Re: Makeup Artist Buried By River Bank As Her Parent Can't Afford Sacrifice Money by Trustmea: 9:47am On Apr 12
famousroland:
The said abigail was my best friend, this is true, do not doubt
Ur friend and u cant doll out the remaining 150k to bring back the poor gal to her ancestral home.

Re: Makeup Artist Buried By River Bank As Her Parent Can't Afford Sacrifice Money by Offpoint1: 9:49am On Apr 12
malvisguy212:
you guys always insult Christianity and say it's a white man religion....now deal with your African traditional religion. maybe next they will ask you people to sacrifice your twins.
What's this one saying? There's different between tradition and religion.

The Abrahamic religion y'all practice is full of traditions of others.
Re: Makeup Artist Buried By River Bank As Her Parent Can't Afford Sacrifice Money by AAADE(m): 9:55am On Apr 12
henrimoto:
.. What kind of Planning is this ? How them go chatter taxi to bring the parents to Asaba for #180k. There are better private transport companies that can offer lesser price with good comfort.

..you guys were able to raise #310,000, Abeg, how much remain to complete the amount to cover for both the sacrifice and corpse Ambulance conveyance ?

I know just understand this kind plan.

Ask them again my brother

Pregnant Linda Ikeji Shares New Pictures / Tboss Stars In 'Kada River' Her First Nollywood Movie With Eniola Badmus (Pics) / Powerful Photos Of Women Who Changed History Forever.