Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,454 members, 7,830,241 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 06:31 PM

Makeup Artist Buried By River Bank As Her Parent Can't Afford Sacrifice Money - Celebrities (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Makeup Artist Buried By River Bank As Her Parent Can't Afford Sacrifice Money (52179 Views)

Herbalist Attempts Revival Rituals On Jnr Pope By River Niger / Ritualist: Suspected Group Of Boys Performs Ritual By River Side (video) / Baby Mama Kemi Ayorinde: Lyta Can't Afford ₦13k Balloons For Son Aari's Birthday (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Makeup Artist Buried By River Bank As Her Parent Can't Afford Sacrifice Money by LordIsaac(m): 11:30am On Apr 12
pharmagba:
Did I hear correctly?
The community wanted 300k!
Please who demanded for the N300k in the community? And why?
Tell us the breakdown of what the money would be used for?

How can we be wicked to ourselves?
Are the police ascribing to the demand of the community?
It’s the Nigerian Police Force and NEMA that should be dragged. They ought to take control of the situation. That’s how things are done.
Re: Makeup Artist Buried By River Bank As Her Parent Can't Afford Sacrifice Money by LordIsaac(m): 11:33am On Apr 12
Slimplush:
In my village,if you died by drowning..they are definitely burying the body close to the river,,no 2 way about this bt you aint doing no ritual or paying any shishi to get the body buried
A custom repugnant to natural justice, equity and good conscience is null and void. They just trampled on the rights of her people. The community can be sued and the corpse exhumed.

3 Likes

Re: Makeup Artist Buried By River Bank As Her Parent Can't Afford Sacrifice Money by djmickymouse(m): 11:34am On Apr 12
Jayhome24:
Pls which taxi company charge 180k from Akwa Ibom to Asaba pls give us the name of that taxi company?

So are you telling me just because of 150k this beautiful soul was buried by River side far from her homeland? 150k

I have doubt in all these.

That riverine village haven't done well at all they have really make their village a forbidden village to everyone....its really sad.

Una dey really muzz me, once you don't understand something ask questions, she is not a native that's why they are doing the sacrifice to enable them take her home, and it's a shame that they raised 310k and misappropriated it, why bring the parents down here when you can just do the ritual and travel her corpse back home? Person dey chase clout yet from the list he only donated 10k

1 Like

Re: Makeup Artist Buried By River Bank As Her Parent Can't Afford Sacrifice Money by Faposky95: 11:54am On Apr 12
...and you say make people no JAPA...?!

3 Likes

Re: Makeup Artist Buried By River Bank As Her Parent Can't Afford Sacrifice Money by Akaujaa(m): 11:54am On Apr 12
Africa have lots of problems. Africans are very wicked.

1 Like

Re: Makeup Artist Buried By River Bank As Her Parent Can't Afford Sacrifice Money by Artscollection: 11:57am On Apr 12
henrimoto:
.. What kind of Planning is this ? How them go chatter taxi to bring the parents to Asaba for #180k. There are better private transport companies that can offer lesser price with good comfort.

..you guys were able to raise #310,000, Abeg, how much remain to complete the amount to cover for both the sacrifice and corpse Ambulance conveyance ?

I know just understand this kind plan.

That guy must be one of these stupid rogue fellows that are littered everywhere forming ngo to dupe people.
Re: Makeup Artist Buried By River Bank As Her Parent Can't Afford Sacrifice Money by Goalnaldo(m): 11:57am On Apr 12
Someone lost her life, instead of giving her body to her grieving parents, you still held it and demanding money, adding more grief to them. The black race is a curse to humanity!!

1 Like

Re: Makeup Artist Buried By River Bank As Her Parent Can't Afford Sacrifice Money by Ezini(f): 12:09pm On Apr 12
chiboyo:
Where is the producer of this ill-fated movie

Adanma Luke
Re: Makeup Artist Buried By River Bank As Her Parent Can't Afford Sacrifice Money by BreconHills(m): 12:09pm On Apr 12
eedimo:
What nonsense.
Where is the movie producer in all of this?
This should be his/ her sole responsibility.

MODIFIED
I don't blame the most of you objecting my decision on the movie producer's involvement in all of this; it shows you are idle at home and you guys need to get a good Job.

In all the companies I have worked for, health bills and cost of funerals are bored by the the company. This doesn't happen everywhere but considering the circumstances surrounding their dead, this movie producer as the employer should have contributed to the funeral rights of his employees.

Absolutely right. Not just contributed but footed the entire bill. Whether they were independent contractors or employees they were all under his care and control and he owed them a duty of care.

Any decent lawyer will sue his ass successfully. Whether has the money is a different matter but it will change the whole world of movie location planning.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Makeup Artist Buried By River Bank As Her Parent Can't Afford Sacrifice Money by Jeandewest(m): 12:10pm On Apr 12
Is she a Muslim? why do they buried her so quick?
May her Soul rest in peace 🕊️
Re: Makeup Artist Buried By River Bank As Her Parent Can't Afford Sacrifice Money by famousroland(m): 12:18pm On Apr 12
Trustmea:

Ur friend and u cant doll out the remaining 150k to bring back the poor gal to her ancestral home.
Do not say what you don't know
Re: Makeup Artist Buried By River Bank As Her Parent Can't Afford Sacrifice Money by MrJames007: 12:21pm On Apr 12
Which one is sacrifice money on top person wey die undecided
Re: Makeup Artist Buried By River Bank As Her Parent Can't Afford Sacrifice Money by KIDfurniture(m): 12:30pm On Apr 12
Lol

Just avoid river play play o

Tranquillity360:
Why don't people that died by road accident buried beside road,I don't believe all this nonsense talk of must buried beside river.

Anyway grave is grave.

RIP to her
Re: Makeup Artist Buried By River Bank As Her Parent Can't Afford Sacrifice Money by Dancebreaker: 12:35pm On Apr 12
henrimoto:
.. What kind of Planning is this ? [b]How them go chatter taxi to bring the parents to Asaba for #180k. [/b]There are better private transport companies that can offer lesser price with good comfort.

..you guys were able to raise #310,000, Abeg, how much remain to complete the amount to cover for both the sacrifice and corpse Ambulance conveyance ?

I know just understand this kind plan.

A totally awful kind of plan. They could have waited a little bit. Condolences though and RIP.

1 Like

Re: Makeup Artist Buried By River Bank As Her Parent Can't Afford Sacrifice Money by Arizoner: 12:43pm On Apr 12
ruggedtimi:
you have a point...from the detective angle. But is normal for most riverine area. You need to settle the water diety before you can carry the body,especially if the water vomitted the body asap.
are those river goddess from God
Re: Makeup Artist Buried By River Bank As Her Parent Can't Afford Sacrifice Money by Arizoner: 12:46pm On Apr 12
Eteka1:
That money is for buy items that should be used to perform the sacrifice that can enable them take the body away. It's a spiritual thing.
why are the gods female
Re: Makeup Artist Buried By River Bank As Her Parent Can't Afford Sacrifice Money by Shikena(m): 12:57pm On Apr 12
RIP to the dead.

The way our people form rich online you won't know what they are going through in real life. Many of our people simply can't randomly spare N20k.

Those with access to direct or indirect government money or patronage are the ones that can back up their arrogance outside of those with legit online/offline biz, good tech jobs, successful showbiz people, pro-sportsmen, and unfortunately outright criminals.

Most na packaging including planning with celebrants to spray fake high denomination currencies at parties to form billionaire.

Nigerians! While still alive, go back to the basics. Grow wealth with discipline, patience and above all, integrity!

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Makeup Artist Buried By River Bank As Her Parent Can't Afford Sacrifice Money by lexyclasy: 1:12pm On Apr 12
Timoleon:

One reason I believe they couldn't do much to reject the demands is that akwaibomites themselves can be very dogmatic with traditions and rites. If it happened in akwa ibom, the victims family will face the same.

Ps. I'm not in support or against whatever happened. I'm very much indifferent to it. I'm just giving my opinion as to why they might have gone along with the situation.
Shut up you know nothing about akwa Ibom with traditions, a lot of people dies at Ibeno Beach and nothing of such barbaric act you just go with your corpse to bury where ever you wants, , all this cemetery of a thing is not a do or die affairs in Akwa Ibom, you can bury the death any where anyhow, keep your dirty tradition far away from Akwa Ibom, we have left that Egypt long time ago, the only tradition that was lingering was Ekpo masquerade where Gov Attah abolish during his reign as Governor between 1999-2007, now Ekpo in Akwa Ibom is just for entertainment and cultural display and nothing attached.

1 Like

Re: Makeup Artist Buried By River Bank As Her Parent Can't Afford Sacrifice Money by lexyclasy: 1:29pm On Apr 12
vikiphy89:

You are the dumb one here
My friend the op is correct, dumb family members and friends, court order or police would have stop that nonsense, is the tradition above law of the federal republic of Nigeria, is the said person from Anambra that their stuuuupid tradition will be binded upon. Again why must they charter 180k vehicle to bring parents to Anambra to do what, instead of them using the money to bring back the corpse and still have change....pray not to have silly circle of friends and a useless producer in this life. Bleep off Nollywood in this country, rotten eggs everywhere, a producer using life vest yet your crew are not using but plying the same waters thunder fire all of them in that industry.

1 Like

Re: Makeup Artist Buried By River Bank As Her Parent Can't Afford Sacrifice Money by StreetMedia: 1:45pm On Apr 12
Dont be too ignorant of the fact that a drowned person is buried around the water.
Do otherwise when it comes to you.
Re: Makeup Artist Buried By River Bank As Her Parent Can't Afford Sacrifice Money by 1Sharon(f): 1:59pm On Apr 12
Is the makeup artist and junior Pope from that culture?

Why must they follow their traditions to bury outsiders? That is not their culture!
Re: Makeup Artist Buried By River Bank As Her Parent Can't Afford Sacrifice Money by 1Sharon(f): 2:01pm On Apr 12
Osiris12:
Abi.
After all the parents might be xtians.
All these beliefs should be over them.st least we’re taught in church how powerless these things are

I'm sure that community by the river is also Christian. Nigerians keep revealing that they're traditionalists at core.
Re: Makeup Artist Buried By River Bank As Her Parent Can't Afford Sacrifice Money by Timoleon(m): 2:04pm On Apr 12
lexyclasy:
Shut up you know nothing about akwa Ibom with traditions, a lot of people dies at Ibeno Beach and nothing of such barbaric act you just go with your corpse to bury where ever you wants, , all this cemetery of a thing is not a do or die affairs in Akwa Ibom, you can bury the death any where anyhow, keep your dirty tradition far away from Akwa Ibom, we have left that Egypt long time ago, the only tradition that was lingering was Ekpo masquerade where Gov Attah abolish during his reign as Governor between 1999-2007, now Ekpo in Akwa Ibom is just for entertainment and cultural display and nothing attached.

K
Re: Makeup Artist Buried By River Bank As Her Parent Can't Afford Sacrifice Money by godofuck231: 2:10pm On Apr 12
Poor man children she paid for school but couldn't afford class
Re: Makeup Artist Buried By River Bank As Her Parent Can't Afford Sacrifice Money by 1Sharon(f): 2:18pm On Apr 12
Austin4lif:
they are not forcing you to do the ritual or not to carry the dead body but carry it and see what will happen to the family . Govt can not do anything in this situation.

Nonsense fear mongering.
Re: Makeup Artist Buried By River Bank As Her Parent Can't Afford Sacrifice Money by DrAkpamudehe: 2:59pm On Apr 12
Tranquillity360:
Why don't people that died by road accident buried beside road,I don't believe all this nonsense talk of must buried beside river.

Anyway grave is grave.

RIP to her

Brainless comment.

Before God created the world. There was water. Water no be your mate.
Re: Makeup Artist Buried By River Bank As Her Parent Can't Afford Sacrifice Money by jamesbridget13(f): 3:03pm On Apr 12
Even d movie producer couldn't pay to say "Papa I am sorry your daughter had to go this way"? She couldn't? Very very sad
Re: Makeup Artist Buried By River Bank As Her Parent Can't Afford Sacrifice Money by tabaralph: 3:04pm On Apr 12
NwekeUG:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qeDkpyH8pic

nlfpmod mukina2

So both the useless AGN and the producer of the satanic movie cannot support the family
Re: Makeup Artist Buried By River Bank As Her Parent Can't Afford Sacrifice Money by Emekajacob(m): 3:11pm On Apr 12
santaclaws:
I doubt the authenticity of this story. If this is true, that means the riverine community where they died basically held their corpses to ransom... In a country with a government? 😧

How can we be sure that the community doesn't connive to drown outsiders as a form of sacrifice to their "river goddess" cos what the heck is going on? 🤷🏾‍♂️

Bro, it's a norm.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Throwback: Tiwa And Teebillz, Toke And Maje / Tania Omotayo Rocks Bikini To Miami Beach (Photos) / Inside E-Money's Multimillion Naira Office (Pictured)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.