Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,700 members, 7,820,447 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:03 PM

Makeup Artist Buried By River Bank As Her Parent Can't Afford Sacrifice Money - Celebrities (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Makeup Artist Buried By River Bank As Her Parent Can't Afford Sacrifice Money (52041 Views)

Herbalist Attempts Revival Rituals On Jnr Pope By River Niger / Ritualist: Suspected Group Of Boys Performs Ritual By River Side (video) / Baby Mama Kemi Ayorinde: Lyta Can't Afford ₦13k Balloons For Son Aari's Birthday (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Makeup Artist Buried By River Bank As Her Parent Can't Afford Sacrifice Money by sylve11: 3:38pm On Apr 12
Slimplush:
In my village,if you died by drowning..they are definitely burying the body close to the river,,no 2 way about this bt you aint doing no ritual or paying any shishi to get the body buried

The said girl wasn't from the community and even if she's from that community, she must be buried by the riverside. If you must take the corpse, then a ritual must be done.

Journey well to the girl. sad cool

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Makeup Artist Buried By River Bank As Her Parent Can't Afford Sacrifice Money by xperiencelove(m): 3:40pm On Apr 12
The parents has no dime, people raised 315k for them and they took private taxi to the water side, they are very stupid and useless.
Why can't they just take a row/sit in a public bus to transport them?
Again, all their family members can't contribute ordinary 500k, it is well.
RIP
Re: Makeup Artist Buried By River Bank As Her Parent Can't Afford Sacrifice Money by Advancedman(m): 4:52pm On Apr 12
NwekeUG:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qeDkpyH8pic

nlfpmod mukina2

Poverty struck Nollywood or beggarwood
Re: Makeup Artist Buried By River Bank As Her Parent Can't Afford Sacrifice Money by Majatechworks: 5:08pm On Apr 12
ogascomax:
Some of you won't talk now. It's okay by you but when it has to do with a pastor and a church you will see it as been awkward. This is absolutely nonsense. Some people were busy saying give Caeser what belongs to Caesar. Did Jesus made that statement for such matters of making sacrifices to idols or whatever spirit in the water. All powers are subjected to the Church, the body of Christ ( Our Lord Jesus Christ). Carelessness killed them, lack of safety awareness and precautions killed them. If they wore safety wears they would all be alive. Traditions have lied to us in the past but if not because of science we would have thought that some death were cost be the gods of the land not knowing that they were exposed to killer things.

If don't know the bible stop saying what you don't know.
In the book of revelations it says the body
Of waters will be asked to produce those that that died in them for judgments.
So before you were born there was a reason why it's been done that way.
I've witnessed a situation where a place was dug for a member of a family that died, they decided to change to another location and someone warn them of a repercussion if they don't make a restitution on the first place they dug and they rebuffed the idea.
Soon they started to die one after the other,before they remembered the warning two ppl had already gone.
After they did what was asked that did not even cost up to 10k, the third person was already on the death bed.

1 Like

Re: Makeup Artist Buried By River Bank As Her Parent Can't Afford Sacrifice Money by Lightieness: 5:11pm On Apr 12
Nawa oo, RIP to her, may God console her family
Re: Makeup Artist Buried By River Bank As Her Parent Can't Afford Sacrifice Money by offongk(m): 5:30pm On Apr 12
So Moses eskor can't give move than 10,000 after decades of producer

What a shame

1 Like

Re: Makeup Artist Buried By River Bank As Her Parent Can't Afford Sacrifice Money by Foodqueen(f): 5:32pm On Apr 12
Why bury her so fast. As at yesterday, her body have not been recovered. Why the impromptu burial.

1 Like

Re: Makeup Artist Buried By River Bank As Her Parent Can't Afford Sacrifice Money by Austin4lif: 6:06pm On Apr 12
1Sharon:

Nonsense fear mongering.
I am a Christian and I dnt believe in such but pray u or anybody close to u is never in this type of situation.
Re: Makeup Artist Buried By River Bank As Her Parent Can't Afford Sacrifice Money by 1Sharon(f): 6:25pm On Apr 12
Austin4lif:
I am a Christian and I dnt believe in such but pray u or anybody close to u is never in this type of situation.

Are you saying your God doesn't overcome any repercussions from water spirits? If you're a Christian, why do you believe that?
Re: Makeup Artist Buried By River Bank As Her Parent Can't Afford Sacrifice Money by psalmsjob: 6:33pm On Apr 12
henrimoto:
.. What kind of Planning is this ? How them go chatter taxi to bring the parents to Asaba for #180k. There are better private transport companies that can offer lesser price with good comfort.

..you guys were able to raise #310,000, Abeg, how much remain to complete the amount to cover for both the sacrifice and corpse Ambulance conveyance ?

I know just understand this kind plan.

Dem don open office on top the mata be dat na....e shock you....you dey play with Nigerians of that e-side region be dat grin
Re: Makeup Artist Buried By River Bank As Her Parent Can't Afford Sacrifice Money by SIRmanjar(m): 7:00pm On Apr 12
santaclaws:
I doubt the authenticity of this story. If this is true, that means the riverine community where they died basically held their corpses to ransom... In a country with a government? 😧

How can we be sure that the community doesn't connive to drown outsiders as a form of sacrifice to their "river goddess" cos what the heck is going on? 🤷🏾‍♂️
Re: Makeup Artist Buried By River Bank As Her Parent Can't Afford Sacrifice Money by SIRmanjar(m): 7:01pm On Apr 12
santaclaws:
I doubt the authenticity of this story. If this is true, that means the riverine community where they died basically held their corpses to ransom... In a country with a government? 😧

How can we be sure that the community doesn't connive to drown outsiders as a form of sacrifice to their "river goddess" cos what the heck is going on? 🤷🏾‍♂️

I swear government should look into this rubbish.If her family don't have the money why didn't they release her corpse to her family.So if a foreigner or someone that doesn't believe in there tradition dies so this is how they will forcefully bury the person.
The samething happened in port Harcourt 2016 when a Yoruba boy died in one community.They buried him there due to tradition.

1 Like

Re: Makeup Artist Buried By River Bank As Her Parent Can't Afford Sacrifice Money by Verbtips(m): 7:14pm On Apr 12
I don't believe in mirage, say pesin no dey die for water again sha what do i know.
Re: Makeup Artist Buried By River Bank As Her Parent Can't Afford Sacrifice Money by Verbtips(m): 7:16pm On Apr 12
sylve11:

The said girl wasn't from the community and even if she's from that community, she must be buried by the riverside. If you must take the corpse, then a ritual must be done.

Journey well to the girl. sad cool
reasons
Re: Makeup Artist Buried By River Bank As Her Parent Can't Afford Sacrifice Money by NemoDatQuod(m): 7:17pm On Apr 12
x
Re: Makeup Artist Buried By River Bank As Her Parent Can't Afford Sacrifice Money by Chukwuka319(m): 7:43pm On Apr 12
DrAkpamudehe:

Another dumb Nigerian youth
Ohh,yes,I only expressed my opinion, but that's not enough reason for you to display your mental retardation and stupidity for the world.
You could have kept mute and nobody could have known that you are stupid and mentally imbalanced.
It's you, your useless generation and ancestors that are dumb.
Dumb animal.
Re: Makeup Artist Buried By River Bank As Her Parent Can't Afford Sacrifice Money by Konquest: 7:50pm On Apr 12
NwekeUG:

Akwa Ibom State is quite rich and is the largest producer of crude oil in Nigeria and the 4th largest producer of natural gas.

The Governor of that State and even the Senate President Akpabio who is also from Akwa Ibom State MUST ensure that this young lady's remains are exhumed from that river banks and brought back to Akwa Ibom State for a befitting burial. It would be a massive shame on Akwa Ibom as the richest oil-producing state in Nigeria if that isn't done. Period.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Makeup Artist Buried By River Bank As Her Parent Can't Afford Sacrifice Money by michlins(m): 8:16pm On Apr 12
InvertedHammer:
/
The family is very poor but they wanted to charter a taxi for N180k. I am sure a seat in a Rivers of Joy Sienna bus from Akwaibom to Onitsha won't cost up to N10k per person.

/
people will gather and donate for them
Re: Makeup Artist Buried By River Bank As Her Parent Can't Afford Sacrifice Money by Kajaard: 8:17pm On Apr 12
Buried by the riverside? How?

Which kind fetish tradition is this?
Re: Makeup Artist Buried By River Bank As Her Parent Can't Afford Sacrifice Money by hedocharles(m): 8:37pm On Apr 12
My heart bleeds💔
Re: Makeup Artist Buried By River Bank As Her Parent Can't Afford Sacrifice Money by Zinpat: 8:51pm On Apr 12
NwekeUG:

nlfpmod mukina2

May her soul RIP, Amen
Re: Makeup Artist Buried By River Bank As Her Parent Can't Afford Sacrifice Money by Raylight2(m): 11:04pm On Apr 12
Dexy4yah:
Do we live to die or do we die to live?? This life is hard to fathom.

Rip to her.

Sad
it depends on where you go at the end of the day.
Hell: you lived to die
Heaven: you die to live

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Makeup Artist Buried By River Bank As Her Parent Can't Afford Sacrifice Money by Raylight2(m): 11:05pm On Apr 12
Who's the custodian of the river to make those rules?

1 Like

Re: Makeup Artist Buried By River Bank As Her Parent Can't Afford Sacrifice Money by Melagros(m): 11:11pm On Apr 12
santaclaws:

For sure
Re: Makeup Artist Buried By River Bank As Her Parent Can't Afford Sacrifice Money by Sirianese: 7:11am On Apr 13
Advancedman:

Poverty struck Nollywood or beggarwood

Olocho-wood is more like it

1 Like

Re: Makeup Artist Buried By River Bank As Her Parent Can't Afford Sacrifice Money by Tapout(m): 1:03pm On Apr 13
na wah oh
Re: Makeup Artist Buried By River Bank As Her Parent Can't Afford Sacrifice Money by vikiphy89(m): 1:14pm On Apr 13
lexyclasy:
My friend the op is correct, dumb family members and friends, court order or police would have stop that nonsense, is the tradition above law of the federal republic of Nigeria, is the said person from Anambra that their stuuuupid tradition will be binded upon. Again why must they charter 180k vehicle to bring parents to Anambra to do what, instead of them using the money to bring back the corpse and still have change....pray not to have silly circle of friends and a useless producer in this life. Bleep off Nollywood in this country, rotten eggs everywhere, a producer using life vest yet your crew are not using but plying the same waters thunder fire all of them in that industry.
Everything seems canal to you people, nobody is forcing them not to take the body home. This is not even a community tradition, it's a norm that if someone die in a river the person has to be buried in the river but if the corpse must be moved home then a sacrifice has to be made at the river. It's not a must o, if the family carry court injunction and police come, say dem no go do the needful, the community will not stop them o. But when the time comes your police and court will not be there to rescue you, you will see the family member dropping one by one. Do not play with things of the spirit, there are more to the world than the eye can see. Let's not form wokeness and rumble in ignorance because even your govt/politicians makes sacrifices, don't think most of them at the top are there by their own power, them still understands the things of the spirit and they also allow traditions to play their role.

1 Like

Re: Makeup Artist Buried By River Bank As Her Parent Can't Afford Sacrifice Money by Gerrard59(m): 2:43pm On Apr 14
Nursepepeye:
who is even calling Nigeria 3rd world country, Nigeria is a 300rd word country, backwardness is our name, if not, in 2024, how can a country with government allow some useless people to be talking about rituals taking victims body hostages for a ransom?. I don't understand

Honestly, the country and its inhabitants are backward. No be to dey use iPhone or speaking phonee, most Nigerians have archaic thought processes. We get long way to go for Nigeria o. A lot to unlearn, relearn and learn.

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Joke Silva: Why I Was Chased By Market Women In Lagos / Genevieve & Shola Shobowale (Toyin Tomato) / Yomi Fabiyi: I Didn’t Harass Mo Bimpe, I Only Wooed Her

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.