Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,289 members, 7,818,983 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:27 AM

Edo Guber:senator Urhoghide,others Decamp To Apc - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Edo Guber:senator Urhoghide,others Decamp To Apc (1567 Views)

Senator Urhoghide Dumps PDP For APC / Senator Urhoghide: Civil Servants Steal Nigeria’s Wealth Not Politicians / Jerry Gana, Audu, Others Decamp To PDP At Zonal Congress In Benue (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Edo Guber:senator Urhoghide,others Decamp To Apc by garfield1: 10:27pm On Apr 13
time senator representing Edo South Matthew Uroghide and other defectors have formally switched allegiance to the All Progressives Congress (APC).

Advertisement
He formally defected to the APC from the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) at an event in Benin City on Saturday.

His return to the APC is coming after what he described as a 13-year-three-month sojourn in the PDP.

Senator Uroghide who described himself as a foundation member of the APC said he is glad to return to the fold of mature politicians, a party, in whose leaders he trusts and has confidence.

The former lawmaker assured the party that he has returned to help build the party and enthrone its candidates in the 2024 Edo governorship election.

Advertisement
READ ALSO: [Impeachment] Etsako West APC Protests Alleged Defection Plan By Shaibu

He was not the only politician who was formally welcomed from the PDP to the APC on the day. Others include a former clerk of the House of Representatives and candidate for the Owan Federal Constituency in the 2023 election Patrick Giwa.

Eight local government chairmen including Frank Ilaboya of Owan West Local Government Area also joined the APC.

Top APC leaders including Senator Adams Oshiomhole and the state executive were on the ground to receive the entrants into the party.

Advertisement
During the event, Oshiomhole who apologised to Senator Uroghide for the error in judgment years ago which led to him choosing another aspirant over Uroghide, welcomed him back to the fold.

He described Senator Uroghide among others as a robust resourceful, dogged, politician whose wealth of experience will have a great impact on the party’s chances of success.

Oshiomhole thereafter nominated Uroghide as the party’s director general for the upcoming Edo State governorship election campaign team, a position the former lawmaker accepted.

Advertisement
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&opi=89978449&url=https://www.channelstv.com/2024/04/13/senator-matthew-uroghide-other-defect-to-apc/amp/&ved=2ahUKEwjbl7LSj8CFAxXpXEEAHYgJDLkQFnoECBEQAQ&usg=AOvVaw1B2KWKH_VgnY_UKx5GU032

Mynd44
Fergie001
Seun
Seunmsg
Aswani
Jorussia
Validated
Indispensable85

1 Like

Re: Edo Guber:senator Urhoghide,others Decamp To Apc by garfield1: 10:28pm On Apr 13
Another massive blow to pdp.it is over for obaseki and his stooge

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Edo Guber:senator Urhoghide,others Decamp To Apc by proff010: 10:41pm On Apr 13
Edo will soon be Lagos.

3 Likes

Re: Edo Guber:senator Urhoghide,others Decamp To Apc by Praxis758: 10:46pm On Apr 13
APC FC just signed a midfielder from the PDP FC. Analysts say the newly signed midfielder has been trophiless for some times now. It is hoped that he will strengthen the midfield of the APc FC in this coming INEC championship.

5 Likes

Re: Edo Guber:senator Urhoghide,others Decamp To Apc by Jostoman: 11:14pm On Apr 13
APC propaganda don start. Yeye people

3 Likes

Re: Edo Guber:senator Urhoghide,others Decamp To Apc by Penguin2: 11:49pm On Apr 13
garfield1:
You still haven’t learnt that all these defections don’t help APC in anyway.

I thought you would have learnt from Anambra where you people even purchased a sitting Deputy Governor but still came third.

Edo People know who they want to vote for and no defection will change that.

I know APC is planning to rig but let’s see how far they can go with that.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Edo Guber:senator Urhoghide,others Decamp To Apc by garfield1: 11:59pm On Apr 13
Penguin2:

You still haven’t learnt that all these defections don’t help APC in anyway.

I thought you would have learnt from Anambra where you people even purchased a sitting Deputy Governor but still came third.

Edo People know who they want to vote for and no defection will change that.

I know APC is planning to rig but let’s see how far they can go with that.
Oga,why are you comparing wrongly? Has APC ever won anambra ? Apc is non existent in anambra save for sen ubah.Does apc have a foothold in anambra? APC never got a defector in the calibre of senator urhoghide in 2020.this is a massive blow to pdp.
You still forgot that buhari camp was backing obaseki and Edo pdp was united.obsseki had the sympathy of the people,he was going for re election.all these advantages are gone.apart from the sterling CV of ighodalo,he has nothing going for him....
APC does not need to rig,they have the advantage already.they will only rig if pdp tried to rig which I suspect they will in Benin like they did in the assembly polls

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Edo Guber:senator Urhoghide,others Decamp To Apc by bennybuhari: 12:16am On Apr 14
People without principle

1 Like

Re: Edo Guber:senator Urhoghide,others Decamp To Apc by garfield1: 7:36am On Apr 14
Up apc
Re: Edo Guber:senator Urhoghide,others Decamp To Apc by HIGHESTPOPORI(m): 8:33am On Apr 14
garfield1:
Same way Andy uba bought all the politicians to Apc and couldn't win even one local Govt.The people will decide who will be their Governor and not politicians,rigging does not work in Edo and Anambra.

1 Like

Re: Edo Guber:senator Urhoghide,others Decamp To Apc by HIGHESTPOPORI(m): 8:35am On Apr 14
garfield1:

Oga,why are you comparing wrongly? Has APC ever won anambra ? Apc is non existent in anambra save for sen ubah.Does apc have a foothold in anambra? APC never got a defector in the calibre of senator urhoghide in 2020.this is a massive blow to pdp.
You still forgot that buhari camp was backing obaseki and Edo pdp was united.obsseki had the sympathy of the people,he was going for re election.all these advantages are gone.apart from the sterling CV of ighodalo,he has nothing going for him....
APC does not need to rig,they have the advantage already.they will only rig if pdp tried to rig which I suspect they will in Benin like they did in the assembly polls
Apc have not foothold in Anambra and you predicted Apc to win the election,you see why nobody takes you serious

1 Like

Re: Edo Guber:senator Urhoghide,others Decamp To Apc by Okoroawusa: 8:51am On Apr 14
bennybuhari:
People without principle
But if it was LP he defected to he will have principle right?

10 Likes

Re: Edo Guber:senator Urhoghide,others Decamp To Apc by garfield1: 8:55am On Apr 14
HIGHESTPOPORI:
Same way Andy uba bought all the politicians to Apc and couldn't win even one local Govt.The people will decide who will be their Governor and not politicians,rigging does not work in Edo and Anambra.

They will decide in favour of okpebholo who has no godfather

1 Like

Re: Edo Guber:senator Urhoghide,others Decamp To Apc by garfield1: 8:55am On Apr 14
*Say No to Political Godfatherism*

--A Call for Genuine Leadership in Edo State--

In recent years, the issue of political godfatherism has plagued the Nigerian political landscape, stifled democracy, and hindered genuine development. Edo State is currently on the verge of this negative phenomenon with Governor Godwin Obaseki and his godson Asue Ighodalo at the center of the move.

Governor Obaseki had said in different forums that he should be "dealt with if he plans to become a godfather". With the trappings of the present political dynamics in Edo State, it is obvious that Gov. Godwin Obaseki’s administration prioritizes the imposition of his godson - Asue Ighodalo over the interests of the people of Edo State. This nepotistic approach to governance has resulted in a lack of transparency, accountability, and inclusivity, ultimately undermining the democratic process and eroding public trust.

In contrast, Sen. Monday Okpebholo represents a fresh and promising alternative to the status quo as he is not a product of godfatherism. He has demonstrated a strong and excellent track record of public service and a deep understanding of the issues facing Edo State.

Sen. Okpebholo's experience in the Senate and empowerment strides make him well-suited to lead Edo State towards a brighter future. He has pledged to prioritize the needs of the people, tackle corruption, improve infrastructure, promote economic growth, revamp education, build a new approach to Agriculture, and lead Edo State to the promised land of prosperity and stability.

Edo people, as the next election approaches, we must reject this toxic practice of godfatherism and embrace a candidate who embodies integrity, competence, and a genuine commitment to the welfare of the people. This is an opportunity for change and progress.

It is time to say no to political godfatherism and yes to genuine leadership in Edo State.

#ANewEdoisRising
#Edo4Edo2024
#AkpakomizaMediaStrikers
Re: Edo Guber:senator Urhoghide,others Decamp To Apc by HIGHESTPOPORI(m): 9:23am On Apr 14
garfield1:

They will decide in favour of okpebholo who has no godfather
Edo hate apc
Re: Edo Guber:senator Urhoghide,others Decamp To Apc by garfield1: 9:25am On Apr 14
HIGHESTPOPORI:
Edo hate apc

Yet they voted 2 apc senators and 5 reps.it is places like anambra and enugu that hate APC.edo hate godfatherism

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Edo Guber:senator Urhoghide,others Decamp To Apc by Penguin2: 10:39am On Apr 14
garfield1:

You know all this yet when I was telling you that the defections in Anambra will not change anything you were arguing with me?

The Anambra election should have taught you that being a heavyweight counts for nothing if the people don’t move with you.

You are a southerner but you are always reasoning as though southerners are northerners who move with their political benefactors whenever they defect.

Down south, whenever a political heavyweight moves to where the people don’t want, they allow him go alone and they go where they wanna go.

All I’m saying is don’t celebrate Sen. Mathew’s defection to APC, it might change nothing.
Re: Edo Guber:senator Urhoghide,others Decamp To Apc by garfield1: 11:02am On Apr 14
Penguin2:

You know all this yet when I was telling you that the defections in Anambra will not change anything you were arguing with me?

The Anambra election should have taught you that being a heavyweight counts for nothing if the people don’t move with you.

You are a southerner but you are always reasoning as though southerners are northerners who move with their political benefactors whenever they defect.

Down south, whenever a political heavyweight moves to where the people don’t want, they allow him go alone and they go where they wanna go.

All I’m saying is don’t celebrate Sen. Mathew’s defection to APC, it might change nothing.

Oga,anambra is the last place APC can win so why are you bringing it up? You still don't understand my modus operandi,I usually make two type of predictions,the sure banker and wishful thinking.just like you want APC to lose,I want them to always win.
If you follow anambra poll,I wanted apga to make a mistake or field someone else apart from soludo because I knew he will win.towsrds the end,I now wanted APC to at least beat pdp.andy ubah couldn't win senate poll in APC so how was he going to win? I never remember saying APC was going to win.eveb in osun,I said the election was right.i never called it clearly.even in bayelsa,I said sylva could only win if he win certain lgas meaning I wasn't certain but I called kogi and imo clearly for APC....

Pdp have five strong politicians in Edo south which are ihama,urhoghide,uzamere,ogie and iduoriyekemwen and one has left.he is a two time senator,the last pdp senator in edo.i have told you that ss politics is different from SE just as SW is different.in the SE,you guys are independent minded but here we are not.money and party matters.strong politicians have large structures.i told you obi won't get bloc votes here neither will he win bayelsa or ask,I know my SS people.even if urhoghide does not defect,it is advantage APC.are you more wiser than obaseki that begged wike?

Only three things can make pdp win edo.firstly,they must inflate Benin votes and prevent APC from inflating Edo north but this is difficult seeing that apc is interested in Edo.
Secondly,obaseki making a secret pact with oshiomhole or asorock but unfortunately he is hostile to aso rock.thirld,he must get akpata to step down from the polls

2 Likes

Re: Edo Guber:senator Urhoghide,others Decamp To Apc by Penguin2: 11:26am On Apr 14
garfield1:

Oga,anambra is the last place APC can win so why are you bringing it up? You still don't understand my modus operandi,I usually make two type of predictions,the sure banker and wishful thinking.just like you want APC to lose,I want them to always win.
If you follow anambra poll,I wanted apga to make a mistake or field someone else apart from soludo because I knew he will win.towsrds the end,I now wanted APC to at least beat pdp.andy ubah couldn't win senate poll in APC so how was he going to win? I never remember saying APC was going to win.eveb in osun,I said the election was right.i never called it clearly.even in bayelsa,I said sylva could only win if he win certain lgas meaning I wasn't certain but I called kogi and imo clearly for APC....

Pdp have five strong politicians in Edo south which are ihama,urhoghide,uzamere,ogie and iduoriyekemwen and one has left.he is a two time senator,the last pdp senator in edo.i have told you that ss politics is different from SE just as SW is different.in the SE,you guys are independent minded but here we are not.money and party matters.strong politicians have large structures.i told you obi won't get bloc votes here neither will he win bayelsa or ask,I know my SS people.even if urhoghide does not defect,it is advantage APC.are you more wiser than obaseki that begged wike?

Only three things can make pdp win edo.firstly,they must inflate Benin votes and prevent APC from inflating Edo north but this is difficult seeing that apc is interested in Edo.
Secondly,obaseki making a secret pact with oshiomhole or asorock but unfortunately he is hostile to aso rock.thirld,he must get akpata to step down from the polls
Of the 3 suggestions you have thrown up here, the one that would give Asue instant hope for victory would be getting Akpata to step down which is nearly impossible because I think Akpata is serious about his candidacy.

Meanwhile, as you are analyzing PDP’s dim chances, you are forgetting APC is not any better.

Feelers on ground shows Edo Central is not going to vote Okpebholo. They seem to have a consensus around Asue. Now, if Okpebholo is not sure of at least 50 or 40 percent of votes from Edo Central, where is he going to make up the numbers?

And talking about APC rigging Edo North, you talk as if PDP is a small party that their votes can be taken just like that and with a sitting governor.
Re: Edo Guber:senator Urhoghide,others Decamp To Apc by garfield1: 11:47am On Apr 14
Penguin2:

Of the 3 suggestions you have thrown up here, the one that would give Asue instant hope for victory would be getting Akpata to step down which is nearly impossible because I think Akpata is serious about his candidacy.

Meanwhile, as you are analyzing PDP’s dim chances, you are forgetting APC is not any better.

Feelers on ground shows Edo Central is not going to vote Okpebholo. They seem to have a consensus around Asue. Now, if Okpebholo is not sure of at least 50 or 40 percent of votes from Edo Central, where is he going to make up the numbers?

And talking about APC rigging Edo North, you talk as if PDP is a small party that their votes can be taken just like that and with a sitting governor.

Yes even if akpata had a deal to step down,he won't as it will destroy his reputation for ever.i think pdp are now intimidating him to step down.
Which feelers are you getting please? Which consensus,by who? Even without being told,you know Edo central is divided.but if you
look deep, okpebholo is far more preferable.he has several projects in Edo central,a great philanthropist,was a disciple of late anenih who they love,his late father was influential.whether you like it or not,a lot of the local people take language factor seriously.is Edo more literate than anambra or imo whose governors speak and understand Igbo fluently? One of the reasons obi was picked in 2003 was because of his philanthropy.ighodalo doesn't rate his people.i was born outside CRS yet I can speak 4 CRS languages because I developed interest.even Lagos took the culture issue in the last guber poll.
Watch okpebholo campaign and see the love people have for him,how he relates with the young and old.from my indepth analysis,if care is not taken,he will win 4 out of 5 esan lgas.apc is very solid in esan south east of ighodalo.but worst case scenario,i am giving him 2 lgas and 40% knowing that lp will get something in that 60%

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Edo Guber:senator Urhoghide,others Decamp To Apc by blacknp(m): 11:59am On Apr 14
Jostoman:
APC propaganda don start. Yeye people
Obidient Wailer.
Re: Edo Guber:senator Urhoghide,others Decamp To Apc by blacknp(m): 12:02pm On Apr 14
garfield1:

Yes even if akpata had a deal to step down,he won't as it will destroy his reputation for ever.i think pdp are now intimidating him to step down.
Which feelers are you getting please? Which consensus,by who? Even without being told,you know Edo central is divided.but if you
look deep, okpebholo is far more preferable.he has several projects in Edo central,a great philanthropist,was a disciple of late anenih who they love,his late father was influential.whether you like it or not,a lot of the local people take language factor seriously.is Edo more literate than anambra or imo whose governors speak and understand Igbo fluently? One of the reasons obi was picked in 2003 was because of his philanthropy.ighodalo doesn't rate his people.i was born outside CRS yet I can speak 4 CRS languages because I developed interest.even Lagos took the culture issue in the last guber poll.
Watch okpebholo campaign and see the love people have for him,how he relates with the young and old.from my indepth analysis,if care is not taken,he will win 4 out of 5 esan lgas.apc is very solid in esan south east of ighodalo.but worst case scenario,i am giving him 2 lgas and 40% knowing that lp will get something in that 60%
Penguin2 na Impostor, his opinion is based on hypocrisy, & his hatred for APC.

He said Feelers on ground shows Edo Central is not going to vote Okpebholo, ask him how em take know?

2 Likes

Re: Edo Guber:senator Urhoghide,others Decamp To Apc by garfield1: 12:03pm On Apr 14
blacknp:
Penguin2 na Impostor, his opinion is based on hypocrisy.

And hatred for APC

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Edo Guber:senator Urhoghide,others Decamp To Apc by blacknp(m): 12:04pm On Apr 14
garfield1:

And hatred for APC
Yes o, I just edited my post to incorporate that in.
Re: Edo Guber:senator Urhoghide,others Decamp To Apc by garfield1: 12:07pm On Apr 14
blacknp:
Yes o, I just edited my post to incorporate that in.

Funny.but I don't like Lp or pdp yet I show objectivity

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Edo Guber:senator Urhoghide,others Decamp To Apc by blacknp(m): 12:08pm On Apr 14
garfield1:

Funny.but I don't like Lp or pdp yet I show objectivity
Last time Tinubu was in Benin as a commoner they mocked him, No honor amongst thieves, Godwin Obaseki stole their mandate, he will report to Ecowas when he sees what APC will do in Edo State to claim their mandate back.

Obaseki & his faction of Pdp will see outright rigging, intimidation, electoral manipulation backed by the judiciary, whatever you want to call it, like I said no honor amongst thieves.
Re: Edo Guber:senator Urhoghide,others Decamp To Apc by Penguin2: 12:41pm On Apr 14
garfield1:

What I could get out of this is that in the end, APC and PDP might end up canceling each other out in Edo Central while Akpata gets bloc votes from the South and make up numbers from whatever he’s able to get from the Central and North.

LP didn’t miscalculate after all. And just imagine Akpata had a more popular running mate, things would have been easier.
Re: Edo Guber:senator Urhoghide,others Decamp To Apc by Penguin2: 12:43pm On Apr 14
blacknp:
Last time Tinubu was in Benin as a commoner they mocked him, No honor amongst thieves, Godwin Obaseki stole their mandate, he will report to Ecowas when he sees what APC will do in Edo State to claim their mandate back.

Obaseki & his faction of Pdp will see outright rigging, intimidation, electoral manipulation backed by the judiciary, whatever you want to call it, like I said no honor amongst thieves.
You see the kind of thing you are taking pride in?

Spoilers alert: APC will come distant third in the Edo election.

Quote me after the election.
Re: Edo Guber:senator Urhoghide,others Decamp To Apc by garfield1: 12:45pm On Apr 14
Penguin2:

What I could get out of this is that in the end, APC and PDP might end up canceling each other out in Edo Central while Akpata gets bloc votes from the South and make up numbers from whatever he’s able to get from the Central and North.

LP didn’t miscalculate after all. And just imagine Akpata had a more popular running mate, things would have been easier.

You are getting it.akpata should go extra mile and get disgruntled politicians from pdp and apc.lp didn't miscalculated partially because Edo south is the base of Lp in Edo
Re: Edo Guber:senator Urhoghide,others Decamp To Apc by blacknp(m): 12:56pm On Apr 14
Penguin2:

kikiki, Hypocrites will always purport to wail the most, you no see wetin Obaseki do Shaibu?, just dey deceive yourself penguin2, i done already alert you,

APC is taking its stolen mandate back by hook, or by crook.

You go cry tire.
Re: Edo Guber:senator Urhoghide,others Decamp To Apc by garfield1: 1:04pm On Apr 14
blacknp:
kikiki, Hypocrites will always wail the most, you no see wetin Obaseki do Shaibu?, just dey deceive yourself penguin2, i done already alert you,

You go cry tire.

Exactly

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Edo Guber:senator Urhoghide,others Decamp To Apc by garfield1: 1:05pm On Apr 14
Penguin2:

Tbh,the handwriting on the wall shows that even if it comes to rigging,they will rig out pdp

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

Power Sector Scandal: Obj Owns Pre-paid Meter Company! / 2011 Presidency: Name Your Winning Duo / As The Nigerian States Develop:

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.