Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,842 members, 7,820,934 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:57 AM

Nigeria’s Dollar Reserves Plunge In Tandem With Naira Rebound - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria’s Dollar Reserves Plunge In Tandem With Naira Rebound (35573 Views)

Nigeria’s Dollar Reserves Plunge In Tandem With Naira Rebound -Bloomberg / Bloomberg: Nigeria's Dollar Bonds Jump After New President Scraps Fuel Caps / Governor Ayade's Aide Resigns, Says 'his Ideology Does Not Go In Tandem With APC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria’s Dollar Reserves Plunge In Tandem With Naira Rebound by OkayDaddy: 6:37am On Apr 17
Believeintruth:

Guy you are really crossing the line when it comes to cyber stalking. Hope you knowbyou can be jailed and I am not affiliated to any party. Be very careful look do you know that I have taken this to our CSO and they have already petitioned the security agencies. All I am doing is gathering all your posts for them to see what you are doing.

Shebi you said you are not in Western Union. I have a history of your monikers making treasonous posts against the President and Government of Nigeria and I have submitted it to the DSS in Abuja. I am waiting for you to come forward so you can be picked. Makes it easy.

See the person crying about cybercrime. You will be compelled to prove that the President stole. Na small remain make hand touch you.

Re: Nigeria’s Dollar Reserves Plunge In Tandem With Naira Rebound by OkayDaddy: 6:38am On Apr 17
Believeintruth:

If you cannot show us any reasonable post from me then you are a bastard born of bastard lineage. As for me I have gathered evidence of you cyber stalking acts on nairaland

Print them, frame the pictures and hang it in your sitting room.
Re: Nigeria’s Dollar Reserves Plunge In Tandem With Naira Rebound by Believeintruth: 6:43am On Apr 17
OkayDaddy:

Print them, frame the pictures and hang it in your sitting room.

This is one your cyber stalking acts, if you cannot prove or show anyone any reasonable post I have made then you are just an envious bastard.

Re: Nigeria’s Dollar Reserves Plunge In Tandem With Naira Rebound by Believeintruth: 6:47am On Apr 17
OkayDaddy:

Shebi you said you are not in Western Union. I have a history of your monikers making treasonous posts against the President and Government of Nigeria and I have submitted it to the DSS in Abuja. I am waiting for you to come forward so you can be picked. Makes it easy.

See the person crying about cybercrime. You will be compelled to prove that the President stole. Na small remain make hand touch you.

It is simple reveal the treasonous posts I have made me I am waiting for you to do your worst. Bastard idiot who is only envious of the life others have because he is only restricted to posting rubbish and cyber stalking as that is your only job, you are not gainfully employed. Once again if you cannot show me all the moniker I have used and the treasonable posts I have made then you are a bastard.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s Dollar Reserves Plunge In Tandem With Naira Rebound by IfnobeGod20: 6:47am On Apr 17
Penguin2:
Lol!

Tumbum Tumbum government

They removed subsidy and later shamelessly returned it and paying even more.

They floated the Naira and later went back to their vomit by using our foreign reserve to defend the Naira like Emefiele was doing which is why the reserve is depleting.

I’m sure that’s why they shamefully released Emefiele after they saw themselves doing what they accused Emefiele of.

Tinubu is empty

His gang of criminals are even emptier

Together they form a bunch of empty-headed criminals only interested in snatching power, running away with it and looting.

Sorry, Nigeria!
When we told them that all their policies are anti people, they said we are the enemies of the government. How would a reasonable government be using our reserve to be defending naira and someone somewhere will be comfortable with it and even hailing them. We have told them, if they like they should hear, give it a time, all their defence of naira with reserve will crumble and we will go back to square one again. These people are not ready to develop the country, they are just there to answer to the nomenclature, Mr. President, The Minister, Mr. Governor and the rest sweet identities.
You can only grow an economy through production but they are not focussing on that but using the available to defend the desirable but it won't last and it won't work, that is just simple economic.
All defenders of government I hope you read the news? Come out come and defend your bunkum government. When Aisha Yesufu said the gospel truth, they started to attack her person, calling her unprintable names, forgetting that the lady has been consistent of being critical about government policies since Jonathan's regime but today they see her as the enemy of the government because she supported Peter Obi. Your body will surely tell you when things began to crumble again. Because for how long would they do that, after they might have emptied the treasury. Olorun egba wa lo wo ogun amunisi.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s Dollar Reserves Plunge In Tandem With Naira Rebound by Unperturbedpota: 6:47am On Apr 17
OkayDaddy:

Very very.
Obidients talk like blockheads no matter how professional they are supposed to sound.

See this Igbo Obidient for instance. Would you believe someone sounding so stupid works in Western Union?
Check his posts history for yourself. All he does is commit treason and set himself up for serious trouble.

I have also seen similar comments by Yoruba Tinubu supporters . The problem is people like you are so vile and tribalistic they always try to push their vile tribalism yet you Yorubas are more culpable in it.

Be objective and stop sounding so foolish..

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s Dollar Reserves Plunge In Tandem With Naira Rebound by Believeintruth: 6:49am On Apr 17
OkayDaddy:

Even what you quoted doesn't mean I said the president is a thief. I quoted the logic you used. See you don't have sense at all. You a even more stupid than I thought, your envy is clearly evident. No wonder someone said there are so many frustrated people online. You are clearly one of them, mentally unbalanced. You need help abeg

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s Dollar Reserves Plunge In Tandem With Naira Rebound by Unperturbedpota: 6:49am On Apr 17
garykoeman:

Yes they are less professional and tribalistic in their analysis.

I can bet the report is fake.

I don't agree I have seen Tinubu supporters do dmse during GEJ era.

I am not saying what they do now is fine but stop acting as if it's the first time..

All this was started by the Yoruba and Tinubu during GEJ government

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s Dollar Reserves Plunge In Tandem With Naira Rebound by Believeintruth: 6:51am On Apr 17
Unperturbedpota:

I have also seen similar comments by Yoruba Tinubu supporters . The problem is people like you are so vile and tribalistic they always try to push their vile tribalism yet you Yorubas are more culpable in it.

Be objective and stop sounding so foolish..

Leave him, I am ready for him he doesn't know what cyber stalking is he is foolishly saying cyber crime. He will get what he has coming. That tribalism he is pandering will be his destruction he will regret ever coming to nairaland to cyber stalking people.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s Dollar Reserves Plunge In Tandem With Naira Rebound by Unperturbedpota: 6:53am On Apr 17
Believeintruth:

Leave him, I am ready for him he doesn't know what cyber stalking is he is foolishly saying cyber crime. He will get what he has coming. That tribalism he is pandering will be his destruction he will regret ever coming to nairaland to cyber stalking people.

You should get his details and report him to the authorities. He has your information obviously. Don't take this lightly he may have hacked your details .

You should have him arrested. He is obviously a criminal.
Re: Nigeria’s Dollar Reserves Plunge In Tandem With Naira Rebound by Believeintruth: 6:55am On Apr 17
OkayDaddy:

Even in your stupidity you are using a 2022 post made by someone else to quote me. Do you know my email address to even prove that the person who posted is me? Show me the treasonable posts and all my monikers. You will understand what cyber stalking is very soon.
Re: Nigeria’s Dollar Reserves Plunge In Tandem With Naira Rebound by Naughtysex: 6:56am On Apr 17
Faiththatworks:
Although this news is from Bloomberg, I will thread with caution in believing this report.
Although I don't hide the fact that I'm a Supporter of Asiwaju and Nigeria, I'm also a believer of Facts over emotions.
There's a coordinated attempt to disparage the gains made recently by the Naira,and I believe the narrative is being slanted to meet the desires of very few greedy Nigerians.
First,is the recent noise by some people led by Nasiru El-Rufai that Subsidy is back,thereafter the CEO of Rain oil without any scientific data other than correlating the pump price of Diesel with Petrol, trumpeted that Nigeria is paying a Subsidy of 600 billion every month,Habaaaa you wonder the kind of Business man that CEO is.
Next is the deliberate fear being created that CBN governor is defending the Naira by dipping his hands into the Foreign reserve,Habbbba how's selling less than 60 million Dollars enough to dip the Foreign Reserve of Nigeria by over 2 billion Dollars.
I repeat the National Security Adviser should begin to treat these People as Economic Terriorist,all they are doing is speculating and trying to force the value of the Naira down.
Although they believe all Nigerians are lazy but we will counter them with our own figures,last month OPEC told us Nigeria's oil production dropped to around 1.3m barrels per day,since Oil is our biggest earner,the revenue from oil sales dropped drastically and that affected the foreign reserve.
Again I will keep going back to our budget,the total earning without oil Subsidy for 2024 is around 10 trillion naira,if these people claim Subsidy is back in full,then Nigeria is in Big trouble because there wasn't any provisions for Subsidy in the 2024 budget,like the Rainoil CEO used some abracadabra figures to support his figures,any payment of Subsidy will cause inflation to raise to 100% cos we will go back to printing money to run the Economy.
I believe Nigeria is on the right path,all these Economic Terriorist and Bandits are just trying to instill fear in our minds,anybody paying for subsidy should be treated as a criminal and handed over to the EFCC, payment of Subsidy is a fraud Against the people of Nigeria.
I'm sure Nigerians will not bulge to these Economic Terrorist and fear mongers, currency speculators and economic sabos,.
Onward forever is our motto, Asiwaju is taking this country to a better place and it will be right in front of the nay sayers.
God bless Nigeria.
You started well but you ended it with nothing, i waited for your fact and figure to counter CEO's claim but you only ended up singing the same song of praise.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s Dollar Reserves Plunge In Tandem With Naira Rebound by Believeintruth: 6:57am On Apr 17
Unperturbedpota:

You should get his details and report him to the authorities. He has your information obviously. Don't take this lightly he may have hacked your details .

I have given a friend of mine in DSS his details. They will start working on building a case against him. I have already started monitoring all media where I have my information to see any hacking attempts.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s Dollar Reserves Plunge In Tandem With Naira Rebound by Believeintruth: 6:59am On Apr 17
Unperturbedpota:

My biggest anger in all this is that Seun and the Mods are clearly seeing this cyber stalking from this guys and have refused to do anything until it gets to a point where the DSS will summon him and ask him questions on why he is allowing cyber stalking on nairaland then the Mods will start working.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s Dollar Reserves Plunge In Tandem With Naira Rebound by Unperturbedpota: 7:00am On Apr 17
Believeintruth:

My biggest anger in all this is that Seun and the Mods are clearly seeing this cyber stalking from this guys and have refused to do anything until it gets to a point where the DSS will summon him and ask him questions on why he is allowing cyber stalking on nairaland then the Mods will start working.

Too many words makes this look empty, you should take action and stop the talk. I don't waste time with such, I have arrested like 3 proof this forum and didn't make any noise about it. I don't take such lightly .

Best of luck.
Re: Nigeria’s Dollar Reserves Plunge In Tandem With Naira Rebound by HopeUzodinma: 7:01am On Apr 17
Biodun556:
What is the reserve doing there?

Let's spend it

If this report is true, where did the CBN sees the 7 billion dollars to use to pay foreign airlines and others when Nigeria foreign reserve was 32 billion dollars

Fool
Re: Nigeria’s Dollar Reserves Plunge In Tandem With Naira Rebound by Believeintruth: 7:01am On Apr 17
Unperturbedpota:

Too many words makes this look empty, you should take action and stop the talk. I don't waste time with such, I have arrested like 3 proof this forum and didn't make any noise about it. I don't take such lightly .

Best of luck.

Please let us have a private talk. I want to take this guy up.
Re: Nigeria’s Dollar Reserves Plunge In Tandem With Naira Rebound by Unperturbedpota: 7:14am On Apr 17
Believeintruth:

Please let us have a private talk. I want to take this guy up.

Do you have his details ? If not there no point. Focus on getting those first .

It's very easy . After you get those then we can talk.
Persecuting him will cost you but it's the easy part. .

He has your job history which is a threat to your livelihood.
.you should not treat him lightly, anyone who messes with your job wants your life.

It has happened here before when Nairalanders trolled someone to his employees website. Deal with this decisively.

Bye
Re: Nigeria’s Dollar Reserves Plunge In Tandem With Naira Rebound by REALretep(m): 7:15am On Apr 17
This is actually obvious.
The dollars they have been doling out to pay for forex backlog, support of the naira and payment of subsidies must come from somewhere... either foreign loans or foreign reserves...or at most NNPCL will deplete its money and declare no profit for the federation account
Tinubu and Cardoso cannot print dollars...else they would have done so
Nigeria is in deep shit... God help us
Re: Nigeria’s Dollar Reserves Plunge In Tandem With Naira Rebound by Believeintruth: 7:24am On Apr 17
Unperturbedpota:

Do you have his details ? If not there no point. Focus on getting those first .

It's very easy . After you get those then we can talk.
Persecuting him will cost you but it's the easy part. .

He has your job history which is a threat to your livelihood.
.you should not treat him lightly, anyone who messes with your job wants your life.

It has happened here before when Nairalanders trolled someone to his employees website. Deal with this decisively.

Bye

Thank you. I am on it
Re: Nigeria’s Dollar Reserves Plunge In Tandem With Naira Rebound by Lordsonn: 7:27am On Apr 17
A time will come our foreign reserve will be empty, then naira will be depreciating astronomically

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s Dollar Reserves Plunge In Tandem With Naira Rebound by MEGAWATCH: 7:40am On Apr 17
garykoeman:

At least am better off than ur whole generation.

The last time I check Anambra is still a glorified village and the people there are refugees in all southwest states grin grin grin

Hahaha hahaha!

Let me throw a challenge on you and you will run.....

Show me any villages in south west that as beautiful as Abriba in Abia and Nnewi in Anambra state.

Just say let's check it out through pictures on Google.

I will send 20k to you if you show me any?
Re: Nigeria’s Dollar Reserves Plunge In Tandem With Naira Rebound by Mypeople2(m): 7:56am On Apr 17
Omooba77:

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2024-04-16/ngn-usd-nigeria-s-fx-reserves-plunge-in-tandem-with-naira-rebound?
Good but all these are nonsense to the common man when they still can't afford things sold in the market.
Re: Nigeria’s Dollar Reserves Plunge In Tandem With Naira Rebound by TheOgaBoss: 8:29am On Apr 17
Goodvibes007:
The Nigerian reporter of the article should also explain why there is a convergence between the parallel and official markets.

Ps

It was written by a Nigerian for Bloomberg Africa. There are two of them that usually write for Bloomberg Africa. Anthony Osae and Emele Onu. Onu is a Peter Obi supporter. I can't say for Osae.
so the facts in the article are wrong? why not present your own facts. did the foreign x reserve decline by the percentage stayed in the article within said period or not? if it is a fact that the fx reserve did indeed decline that much then the article is valid. do u think Bloomberg is one of your oluwole press outfit, without an editorial team that properly checks articles before pushing them out?
Re: Nigeria’s Dollar Reserves Plunge In Tandem With Naira Rebound by garykoeman: 8:35am On Apr 17
MEGAWATCH:

Hahaha hahaha!

Let me throw a challenge on you and you will run.....

Show me any villages in south west that as beautiful as Abriba in Abia and Nnewi in Anambra state.

Just say let's check it out through pictures on Google.

I will send 20k to you if you show me any?

U mean $20k

Do u take me for a broke ass nigga like u.
Do u know who u re talking to.
Re: Nigeria’s Dollar Reserves Plunge In Tandem With Naira Rebound by rigarmortis: 8:41am On Apr 17
Enugurangers:

Hypocrisy. I remember when BBC reported that Tinubu indeed graduated from CSU. I remember how Obidients tried to cancel the 3 Nigerian journalist that worked on that report. Despite zero proof of them ever supporting BAT, Obidients were tagging BBC and protesting in front of their UK offices for them to sack those 3 young Nigerians.

Maybe your post should be forwarded to obidient HQ. Cos I'm not a member. Fvkgc both camps
Re: Nigeria’s Dollar Reserves Plunge In Tandem With Naira Rebound by adeememman(m): 8:44am On Apr 17
Biodun556:
What is the reserve doing there?

Let's spend it

If this report is true, where did the CBN sees the 7 billion dollars to use to pay foreign airlines and others when Nigeria foreign reserve was 32 billion dollars
Just leave the enemies of progress and hold your dollar close crew. Enemies of the nation will cry las las

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria’s Dollar Reserves Plunge In Tandem With Naira Rebound by djseanjohn77: 9:02am On Apr 17
Penguin2:
Lol!

Tumbum Tumbum government

They removed subsidy and later shamelessly returned it and paying even more.

They floated the Naira and later went back to their vomit by using our foreign reserve to defend the Naira like Emefiele was doing which is why the reserve is depleting.

I’m sure that’s why they shamefully released Emefiele after they saw themselves doing what they accused Emefiele of.

Tinubu is empty

His gang of criminals are even emptier

Together they form a bunch of empty-headed criminals only interested in snatching power, running away with it and looting.

Sorry, Nigeria!

Some of you are so ignorant. School is not a scam after all. Prices are fixed each year to create benchmark. However, due to the uprise in dollar, while Petrol was fixed at N620, if the government didn't step in to cover the gap as petrol were imported with dollars, the consumers would have been buying petrol litre at over N1,400, so, what the government did, was pay the difference to ease the pain on the masses as a result of dollar fluctuation. What was not touched however was diesel that's why diesel price went up as dollars rose and then fell to N1000 as dollars has reduced. With the inflation then, it was the best thing the government would have done for the masses without their knowledge.
Yet, the governors were for the first time after a long time able to share over 2 trillion from the usual 1.2 - 1.4 trillion. That's a plus, and to tell ignorant people like you that, even with the hike in dollar and the difference paid by the government for subsidy, there was no artificial payment for oil not delivered, consumption is accounted for, and marketers didn't short-change the government.
Re: Nigeria’s Dollar Reserves Plunge In Tandem With Naira Rebound by justmondris: 9:13am On Apr 17
Don't worry about this. We will get enough USD to balance it when Dangote refinery kicks into action fully.
Re: Nigeria’s Dollar Reserves Plunge In Tandem With Naira Rebound by Joey4321: 9:15am On Apr 17
Timmi:

Please do so quickly and while at it, take all your village people with you. Nigeria doesn’t need weaklings

Keep searching for Garri investors till your old age.

Ewu gambia
Re: Nigeria’s Dollar Reserves Plunge In Tandem With Naira Rebound by Babydaddymateri(m): 9:18am On Apr 17
All the brains on these comment section makes one Tinubu head - including mine; that's what makes him smarter.

Mind you, I ain't in supporter of him or anybody that lost the election before you brand me a Tinubu supporter but trust me, he dey show working small small even though he almost lost it in his first 8months.

If these approaches had been taken immediately he stepped into power, things wouldn't have gone worse laidis.

But, let's applaud him for the mean time
Re: Nigeria’s Dollar Reserves Plunge In Tandem With Naira Rebound by Growing(m): 9:27am On Apr 17
Given the challenges besieging Nigeria, I am not sure it is right to say "burning through."

We have problems to solve.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Oritsejafor Snubbed As Sultan, Oonaiyekan Others Meet Over 2015-elections / Photos: Man Rides Bike From Ivory Coast To Nigeria For The Chibok Girls / President Buhari, CBN Governor, Godwin Emefiele In Senegal Conference (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.