Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,329 members, 7,833,296 topics. Date: Sunday, 19 May 2024 at 06:29 PM

Nigeria Police Officers Caught On Camera Sorting Bribe Proceeds - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Police Officers Caught On Camera Sorting Bribe Proceeds (12929 Views)

N60bn Sale Proceeds: EFCC Probes Amaechi / 58 Police Officers With Their Families To Be Thrown Out On The Streets (pics) / Two Nigeia Police Officers Caught In The Act ( See Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Police Officers Caught On Camera Sorting Bribe Proceeds by SkyBlue1: 1:21pm On Nov 19, 2011
Apologies but any ideas to stir up cyber activism based on this grainy picture might be futile because the picture itself proves nothing. Not saying I don't believe the money on the table are proceeds from bribe taking, but what if when challenged they say they were simply gathering money to send someone to Mr Biggs or Mama Betule, then what? How can you prove it not to be the case? We tend to get emotional and think before we jump. Any attempt at pursuing these sort of things further would need more air tight evidence like videos, more detailed pictures of the process of actually taking bribe, etc; not a bunch of guys in uniform counting money around a table.
Re: Nigeria Police Officers Caught On Camera Sorting Bribe Proceeds by Btruth: 1:27pm On Nov 19, 2011
Can someone tell me the different between our dear Nigerian Police Force on our highways, and the highway robbers?

Bloody thieves, that's what they are.
Re: Nigeria Police Officers Caught On Camera Sorting Bribe Proceeds by kooto(m): 1:34pm On Nov 19, 2011
the truth is go for the head, the IG is been paid every month by the commissioner, commissioner receives from DPO's, dpo inturn send out the boys&girls he pays himself/herself & the boys. though they enjoy it too (boys & girls) thats why it's difficult to stop.
Re: Nigeria Police Officers Caught On Camera Sorting Bribe Proceeds by kooto(m): 1:39pm On Nov 19, 2011
skyblue, so if you or group of people want to send someone to mr biggs you have to pack rumpled money on the table & start to straighten it before sending the person, i dey ask o?
Re: Nigeria Police Officers Caught On Camera Sorting Bribe Proceeds by Horus(m): 1:42pm On Nov 19, 2011
[flash=450,350]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pBigKCoztPo&feature=related[/flash]

Policeman taking bribes
Re: Nigeria Police Officers Caught On Camera Sorting Bribe Proceeds by Horus(m): 1:50pm On Nov 19, 2011
[flash=450,350]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9bRrxp6IHlw&feature=related[/flash]

The Nigerian Police collecting bribe from motorists on a Nigerian Road.
Most of this bribe is collected from commercial transportation vehicles.
Re: Nigeria Police Officers Caught On Camera Sorting Bribe Proceeds by aribisala0(m): 1:53pm On Nov 19, 2011
looks to me like detectives processing EVIDENCE for a crime grin grin
Re: Nigeria Police Officers Caught On Camera Sorting Bribe Proceeds by ayodeji1(m): 2:03pm On Nov 19, 2011
this is so sad and highly embarrassing.u cant even see such  in benin republic.what is nigeria turrning into?we cant just fold our arms and let this continue to happen.the rate at which this stupid men in black who calls themselves police officers extort money from commuters is growing by the day.and gradually,it is becoming a normal thing.i boarded a bus to ibadan sometimes ago and these so called men mounted their check points everywhere along the route,giving themselves few km interval away from one another. every now and then,we were being stopped.and whenever the driver refuses to pay them their 50naira tithe,the passengers  will shout at him not to delay  and give them what they want.like the saying goes,give what belongs to ceaser to ceaser.but how long will we continue to sit back and watch these happen?it takes a revolution to stop this.and it must begin with our saying NO to it and standing by to watch what happens next.but every one seems to be in a hurry and dont want any delay from whoever.yet we blame the govt for everything.
Re: Nigeria Police Officers Caught On Camera Sorting Bribe Proceeds by Nobody: 2:06pm On Nov 19, 2011
see how BLACK and UGLY they look,am so ashamed of the nigerian police force, tufiakwa(spits on the floor)
Re: Nigeria Police Officers Caught On Camera Sorting Bribe Proceeds by mekaboy(m): 2:52pm On Nov 19, 2011
LOL, YOU PEOPLE DONT KNOW HOW THE NIGERIAN POLICE OPERATES, FOR THOSE OF YOU WHO WANT TO PROTEST ONLINE WITH THESE PICS , WHO DO U WANT TO SEND THEM TO? THE IG OF POLICE?

THE POLICE IS LIKE A BANK NOW, THE DP GIVES A WEEKLY TARGET TO ALL OFFICERS IN THE STATION ON HOW MUCH THEY HAVE TO ACCOUNT FOR EVERY WEEK.

THE COMMISSIONER GIVES TARGET TO ALL THE BRANCH MANAGERS(DPO) ON A WEEKLY OR MONTHLY BASES. THE IG WILL ALSO GIVE TARGET TO THIS SUBS.

SO THEY ALL WORK TOGETHER, I REMEMBER WHEN AN INSPECTOR IN MY AREA WAS SHOT DEAD BY ARMED ROBBERS, AND THE DPO OF THE STATION DID THE ESTIMATE OF WHAT THE BURIAL WILL COST AND GAVE TARGET TO THE OFFICERS TO RAISE THE MONEY. THE POLICE STARTED USING BUS TO CARRY PEOPLE ON THE ROAD, WHEN YOU GET TO THE STATION YOU BAIL YOURSELF WITH 5000K.

SO WHO YOU WON REPORT TO ? grin grin grin
Re: Nigeria Police Officers Caught On Camera Sorting Bribe Proceeds by buzugee(m): 4:06pm On Nov 19, 2011
man must wack, i know yall aint expecting these fine upstanding gentlemen grin to survive on the measly salary they are given. i know yall non-tax paying mahfukaz aint talking. grin
Re: Nigeria Police Officers Caught On Camera Sorting Bribe Proceeds by buzugee(m): 4:10pm On Nov 19, 2011
come out the pocket with your tax. thats what you do when you encounter these fine dignified upstanding members of the community. the police, that is grin
Re: Nigeria Police Officers Caught On Camera Sorting Bribe Proceeds by redsun(m): 5:56pm On Nov 19, 2011
They are pure hooligans.Look at how the armed robber in that 45 seconds video smashed the okada man's headlamp,with ease and no care in the world.

Nigeria is a rogue state.
Re: Nigeria Police Officers Caught On Camera Sorting Bribe Proceeds by essy1(f): 6:04pm On Nov 19, 2011
Big shame to the giant of Africa
police collect bribe and give change
na wah o angry angry angry angry
Re: Nigeria Police Officers Caught On Camera Sorting Bribe Proceeds by redsun(m): 6:09pm On Nov 19, 2011
Nigeria is as corrupt and unorganized as it because there are no police,no judiciary,no laws.
Re: Nigeria Police Officers Caught On Camera Sorting Bribe Proceeds by hpewaddell: 9:17pm On Nov 19, 2011
If the Government paid these officers well, with all the danger they face in the public everyday, I would imagine that they would not resort to this shameful act of extorting bribes.
While I am not condoning this act, we should be going after the bigger fish. Those who are so corrupt that their influence is felt everywhere in the country. Starting from the man who was elected to "serve".
Re: Nigeria Police Officers Caught On Camera Sorting Bribe Proceeds by amor4ce(m): 9:59pm On Nov 19, 2011
Sky Blue:

Apologies but any ideas to stir up cyber activism based on this grainy picture might be futile because the picture itself proves nothing. Not saying I don't believe the money on the table are proceeds from bribe taking, but what if when challenged they say they were simply gathering money to send someone to Mr Biggs or Mama Betule, then what? How can you prove it not to be the case? We tend to get emotional and think before we jump. Any attempt at pursuing these sort of things further would need more air tight evidence like videos, more detailed pictures of the process of actually taking bribe, etc; not a bunch of guys in uniform counting money around a table.
very objective

aribisala0:

looks to me like detectives processing EVIDENCE for a crime grin grin
could very well be
Re: Nigeria Police Officers Caught On Camera Sorting Bribe Proceeds by muyoto: 10:06pm On Nov 19, 2011
so you mean some police officers still collect N20?

they try then.

for those along katsina ala-vandeikya-Ojoja road, [size=15pt]na soild N50[/size].  sometimes, the bigger the vehicle, the higher the 'charge'

I'll try and capture it on camera one of these days.
Re: Nigeria Police Officers Caught On Camera Sorting Bribe Proceeds by collinsJn(m): 10:33pm On Nov 19, 2011
muyoto:

so you mean some police officers still collect N20?

they try then.

for those along katsina ala-vandeikya-Ojoja road, [size=15pt]na soild N50[/size].  sometimes, the bigger the vehicle, the higher the 'charge'

I'll try and CAPTURE it on camera one of these days.
CAPTURE Ke ? I Hope Say No Be Seun Send U On Diz "SUICIDE MISSION " Oooooooo. Cause I Knw Follow, Just Watch Ur Head Becos Of Accidental Discharge. - 1.
Re: Nigeria Police Officers Caught On Camera Sorting Bribe Proceeds by tigerleggs(m): 12:09am On Nov 20, 2011
The marriage between 9ja Police and Egunje is till death do them apart. It must be part of there training. So leave am for God.
Re: Nigeria Police Officers Caught On Camera Sorting Bribe Proceeds by monlena(f): 5:14am On Nov 20, 2011
Bad one. How do you explain this (red handed)
Re: Nigeria Police Officers Caught On Camera Sorting Bribe Proceeds by alexola20(m): 9:46am On Nov 20, 2011
Re: Nigeria Police Officers Caught On Camera Sorting Bribe Proceeds by nna222: 10:54am On Nov 20, 2011
We need a change oh!, kiss kiss kiss
Re: Nigeria Police Officers Caught On Camera Sorting Bribe Proceeds by db10dtruth(m): 8:53pm On Nov 20, 2011
Na workchop dem de grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Nigeria Police Officers Caught On Camera Sorting Bribe Proceeds by cynthiafred67(f): 11:32am On Nov 21, 2011
Na wah oo smh 4 nigeria police force GTB bank in disguise.
Re: Nigeria Police Officers Caught On Camera Sorting Bribe Proceeds by aledu(m): 1:22pm On Nov 21, 2011
It's really a shameful act to see our law enforcers to be the one breaking and messing up the system, but the motorist that are been extorted are they law abiding themselves? People drive around our cities with expired car papers, license and the sorts. A typical commercial driver in Nigeria believes he should use the road at no cost meanwhile he charges his passengers.

Guess we all should get it right from the homestead.
Re: Nigeria Police Officers Caught On Camera Sorting Bribe Proceeds by herkeym001(m): 2:34pm On Jan 28, 2013
I wonder why every nigerians blame police for taking bribe,whereas wetin most of una dey do for office or place of work BAD pass N20-N20 wey police dey collect for checkpoint.

(1) (2) (Reply)

EFCC warns tribunal judges, lawyers against stolen funds / Raymond Dokpesi: I Am Still In PDP, No Plans To Defect Yet / Igboho Is A Businessman Not A Terrorist, Lawyer Replies FG

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.