Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,530 members, 7,819,909 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:21 AM

Nnena, A Nigerian Girl, Is On America's Next Top Model - Fashion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Nnena, A Nigerian Girl, Is On America's Next Top Model (39576 Views)

Lovelyn Enebechi Is Germany's Next Top-Model 2013 / ~ ANTM : Top Model Favourites ~ Where Are They Now? / Tyra Banks: America Next Top Model (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nnena, A Nigerian Girl, Is On America's Next Top Model by disney(f): 9:51pm On Mar 09, 2006
Na wa oooo, we all don de kolo 4 Nnenna.lol grin grin grin shocked
Re: Nnena, A Nigerian Girl, Is On America's Next Top Model by IAH(f): 11:50pm On Mar 09, 2006
I used to find ANTM rather boring before but since NAIJA girl is now there I must watch it!!! Hope she wins. cheesy Hey! Hot-angel welcome back!! We don miss you o. kiss kiss kiss kiss
Re: Nnena, A Nigerian Girl, Is On America's Next Top Model by Nobody: 1:03am On Mar 10, 2006
IAH:

I used to find ANTM rather boring before but since NAIJA girl is now there I must watch it!!! Hope she wins. cheesy Hey! Hot-angel welcome back!! We don miss you o. kiss kiss kiss kiss

yes oooooo
Re: Nnena, A Nigerian Girl, Is On America's Next Top Model by luvu567(f): 3:16am On Mar 10, 2006
Yeah her story was inspiring. She is beautiful and she is reping Nigeria to the fullest. When I got to school today everybody was like you seen top model it was a Nigerian girl on it. They was all like she was beautiful I felt so proud . WE HAVE TO SUPPORT HER!!!!!!
Re: Nnena, A Nigerian Girl, Is On America's Next Top Model by chinani(f): 7:22am On Mar 10, 2006
i loved how NNENNA [/b]carried herself on the show![b] such class w/ such BEAUTY! grin definitely makes me proud to be a NAIJA woman. IGBO KWENU!
Re: Nnena, A Nigerian Girl, Is On America's Next Top Model by kechy(f): 10:20am On Mar 10, 2006
I think Nnenna is in the wrong show. She should be competing for miss world and she'll definitely win it.
Two tumbs up for her. Go girl! The world is waiting for your victory.
Re: Nnena, A Nigerian Girl, Is On America's Next Top Model by romeo(m): 2:28pm On Mar 10, 2006
NNE please come to daddy romeo lol
Re: Nnena, A Nigerian Girl, Is On America's Next Top Model by Danoe(m): 4:32pm On Mar 10, 2006
Appreciated, Nnenna. It is good to aspire. All I can commend in this situation is the courage of our young sister in U.S .
Your courage is commndable.

Hmm ! I wish to meet you in person! smiley

Danoe
Re: Nnena, A Nigerian Girl, Is On America's Next Top Model by pearldrops(f): 5:54pm On Mar 10, 2006
she is a rare beauty,a damsel redefined
she is a redefination of beauty.
she is waooooooooo a beauty godess
Re: Nnena, A Nigerian Girl, Is On America's Next Top Model by cutiepie18(f): 6:08pm On Mar 10, 2006
she is soooooooooooo flawless am sooooooo proud of her,now datz wat we should be calling African Beauty.i don't think she is going to win the show yall, i Know she is going to win all other contestants should just go and bow down to her.u go nne.love ya
Re: Nnena, A Nigerian Girl, Is On America's Next Top Model by Rolly: 8:07pm On Mar 10, 2006
chinani:

i loved how NNENNA [/b]carried herself on the show![b] such class w/ such BEAUTY! grin definitely makes me proud to be a NAIJA woman. IGBO KWENU!

Eei!!! KWENU! Eei! KWEZONU!!! Eeeeeeeeee Eei!!!

i didnt use to watch ANTM but after i heard that nnenna is there omo meeennn i go de watch am. from all i have seen and heard i must say she is really pretty and smart and i believe she'll make it.

shes definitely reppin us meeenn!!!!! cheesy cheesy cheesy

thumbs up girl!!!!!! cheesy
Re: Nnena, A Nigerian Girl, Is On America's Next Top Model by cammy(f): 5:09am On Mar 11, 2006
i think that she is going to win. she is so beautiful. go Nnenna
Re: Nnena, A Nigerian Girl, Is On America's Next Top Model by vikki(f): 6:18am On Mar 12, 2006
There's only been ONE eposide and shes ALREADY the front runner.

She WILL win. Tyra loves her. America loves her.

The end.
Re: Nnena, A Nigerian Girl, Is On America's Next Top Model by Eastcoast(f): 3:52pm On Mar 12, 2006
We can't just say she will win for sure. If she keeps playing it kool and kalm, n taking fabulous pictures, the changes would be higher. We are not even thinking about the other girls. haba! From the first episode, who do y'all like? as for me, nnenna, followed by joanne: the girl that said her father is a pastor or so and that she is a rebellion, I don't like jade. i think she is so full of herself.
Re: Nnena, A Nigerian Girl, Is On America's Next Top Model by harmony: 11:00pm On Mar 12, 2006
hey do you guys know when they do re-runs? cause i have class on wed. from 7-9:30. cry cry
Re: Nnena, A Nigerian Girl, Is On America's Next Top Model by Eastcoast(f): 11:53pm On Mar 12, 2006
i don't know but they did it again on saturday but for only 1hr.
Re: Nnena, A Nigerian Girl, Is On America's Next Top Model by omogenaija(f): 11:53pm On Mar 12, 2006
I think the re-runs are @ 8:00pm on fridays (eastcoast time)
Re: Nnena, A Nigerian Girl, Is On America's Next Top Model by chinani(f): 6:44am On Mar 13, 2006
I'm watching the re-run. That DANI girl is on my nerves. She makes ppl from Spring (TX) & the greater HOUSTON area look like idiots! We're NOT like that ya'll!
Re: Nnena, A Nigerian Girl, Is On America's Next Top Model by obong(m): 4:37pm On Mar 14, 2006
what was nnenna's story?
Re: Nnena, A Nigerian Girl, Is On America's Next Top Model by chinani(f): 10:43pm On Mar 14, 2006
NNENNA's story as told on ANTM was this:

Her parents moved to America, where she was born. Before the age of 2 or thereabouts, she & her family returned to Nigeria. Now, her father's family disliked her mother b/c she "could not" (and did not) have/produce a son. After her mother gave birth to her 4th child, another daughter, the doctor told her mother that she should not have anymore children. But, her mother got pregnant again. The poor woman died 10 days after giving birth to her 5th daughter.

Her father could not handle taking care of 5 children alone, so he put NNENNA (then about 14) and her sister on a plane to HOUSTON! There the two girls lived w/ their aunt who served as their guardian. NNENNA lives & works as a chemist in Houston (according to her profile) etc.

NNENNA didn't say but I think she's the eldest child b/c of her name and the way she told the story. The story is quite sad but she didn't lose composure or shed a tear as she told it, though you could see her tears welling up inside her! So, show LOVE!
Re: Nnena, A Nigerian Girl, Is On America's Next Top Model by Hotstepper(f): 12:22am On Mar 15, 2006
da name has nuthing 2 do whether shez da eldest or not, u got da story right as she told Trya Bank and all, Its a sad story
Re: Nnena, A Nigerian Girl, Is On America's Next Top Model by chinani(f): 12:47am On Mar 15, 2006
@ hotstepper

are you igbo? just wondering. but where I'm from most men name their first daughter after their mother. just saying. anyways, she's either the 1st or the 2nd. it was just a guess so whatever.
Re: Nnena, A Nigerian Girl, Is On America's Next Top Model by Coolbabe(f): 6:10am On Mar 15, 2006
I agree with skidoc she looks like Tyra in a way. It's really cool that a Nija girl is representing in ANTM and I'm so proud of her. I felt very sorry for her after hearing her family's story. I know God is with her and she is going all the way to the end.
Re: Nnena, A Nigerian Girl, Is On America's Next Top Model by omogenaija(f): 2:41am On Mar 16, 2006
I am SO fxcking pissed

WHy the Bleep did they shave Nnenna's head ?

even she is still beautiful i hate it
Re: Nnena, A Nigerian Girl, Is On America's Next Top Model by disney(f): 2:53am On Mar 16, 2006
i think its sexy though, it makes her look true african. You gotta do what you gotta do to win America's top model. you know grin grin
Re: Nnena, A Nigerian Girl, Is On America's Next Top Model by Eastcoast(f): 3:48am On Mar 16, 2006
THough they shaved her hair, she is still very pretty. she called herself the new african princess and she reflected it in her dressing. she won the challenge again. i am so proud of her. i was surprised when she chose jade and the asian girl to go on the shopping spree with her. jade has a real problem. she is adds a lot of drama to the show. i like her. she was jealous of feronda. she wanted the long hair but she didn't get it. i also like feronda, she really felt like a diva. go girl. wink
Re: Nnena, A Nigerian Girl, Is On America's Next Top Model by Outkast(f): 3:57am On Mar 16, 2006
Eastcoast:

i was surprised when she chose jade and the asian girl to go on the shopping spree with her. jade has a real problem.

That girl is wise beyong her years, she said she chose them so they'd be able to spend sometime together and take something from eachother and get to know eachother because like Jade was picking on Gina.
SHE ABSOLUTELY ROCKED!!!!
She rocked that short hair man.
Re: Nnena, A Nigerian Girl, Is On America's Next Top Model by Eastcoast(f): 11:57am On Mar 16, 2006
i don't know but am i the only one who like jade and feronda?
Re: Nnena, A Nigerian Girl, Is On America's Next Top Model by disney(f): 1:35pm On Mar 16, 2006
@ Outkast

Yeah, l was surprised myself when she choose Jade and the asian babe, l think it all boils down to the fact that those oyinbo chicks keep to themselves and don't want to mix with her. you know. Well, she got no choice but to take her room mates.

Am l just the only one noticing this , did you notice that jade and Veronda make the show interesting , the white chicks are just boring and no drama.

also , did anyone feel sad for the new orlean babe that was sent home. I felt so sad for her but I found out that America is all about faking. you know, tell them ur problem and then you are sent home.

Anyone feeling me on this.
Re: Nnena, A Nigerian Girl, Is On America's Next Top Model by Outkast(f): 6:09pm On Mar 16, 2006
@ disney, yeah girl I feel you, I think she had too much problems and it affected her performance on the show, eventhough I think they should've left her on a little while longer to adjust to the environment(that's the least they could do)

I really wanted to slap Furonda though, the make-over really got to her head
Re: Nnena, A Nigerian Girl, Is On America's Next Top Model by menike(m): 9:25pm On Mar 16, 2006
After I dated Agbani , Now I think Nnenna wud be next (Doing the Playa Thang) (DTP)
Re: Nnena, A Nigerian Girl, Is On America's Next Top Model by Eastcoast(f): 12:17am On Mar 17, 2006
@ outcast, i thot feronda was very funny. the makeove rreally boosted her self esteem and confidence. she got me laughing when she was handing out the new rules on how pple should deal with her. jade was so damn jealous, she wanted the long hair they gave feronda. she was like feronda is now feeling like a diva.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Kathy Onwu Is Miss Africa USA 2013 / Why You Should Not Keep Dreadlocks If You're Not Ready: The Dos And Don'ts. / Organic and Healthy Skincare Products

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.