Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,822 members, 7,810,159 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:03 PM

Boko Haram Gives Terms For Negotiation With FG - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Boko Haram Gives Terms For Negotiation With FG (8223 Views)

Ekiti Crisis: APC Lawmakers Gives Terms For Truce / Boko Haram Gives South Africa 24 Hours To Stop Xenophobia / Amaechi Gives Terms For Quitting As Govs’ Forum Chairman (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Boko Haram Gives Terms For Negotiation With FG by Beaf: 8:42pm On Nov 18, 2011
[size=14pt]Boko Haram give terms for negotiation[/size]
Says recipe for peace is the unconditional release of arrested members
Article | November 18, 2011 - 11:55am | By Ibrahim Bello

The radical Islamist sect, popularly known as Boko Haram, has said that they will not dialogue with the Federal Government (FG) until all their members who have been arrested are released.

Spokesperson of the group, Abul Qaqa, who disclosed the groups demands on Thursday called on President Goodluck Jonathan; Senate President, David Mark; Speaker of the House of Representatives, Aminu Tambuwal; and the Attorney General  and Minister of Justice, Mohammed Bello Adoke, to respond to their request or they would not relent in their attacks.

According to Qaqa: "The recipe for peace is the unconditional release of our members".

He, also revealed the identities of two suicide bombers who attacked the Joint Task Force headquarters (JTF) in Maiduguri and the Anti Terrorism two- storey building in Damaturu, as Usman alias Baana and Abi Yusuf, 26.

The group's spokesperson said that Baana, a successful businessman who left behind a wife and a son, was seen as a martyr because he was barely four days in the group before he pleaded to be allowed to carry out the act on the anti terrorism building.

He also revealed that Yusuf was responsible for the bombing of the JTF headquarters in Maiduguri.

“He was also a martyr whom we are going to miss a lot because of his outstanding mastery of how to improvise explosives,” Qaqa said.

Other demands of the group include, "Islam reigns supreme, and Sharia replaces the Constitution; all women are degraded; all ties with the Western World are severed".

http://dailytimes.com.ng/article/boko-haram-give-terms-negotiation
Re: Boko Haram Gives Terms For Negotiation With FG by NegroNtns(m): 8:51pm On Nov 18, 2011
Beaf,

Please clarify this highlight: "Islam reigns supreme, and Sharia replaces the Constitution; all women are degraded; all ties with the Western World are severed".
Re: Boko Haram Gives Terms For Negotiation With FG by Chyz2: 8:53pm On Nov 18, 2011
Does't sound like any African or Arab wrote that. undecided. . .Part at the bottom gives it away.
Re: Boko Haram Gives Terms For Negotiation With FG by NegroNtns(m): 9:01pm On Nov 18, 2011
It's nothing but a frea-king propaganda!! Im waiting on Beaf to respond.
Re: Boko Haram Gives Terms For Negotiation With FG by Nobody: 9:08pm On Nov 18, 2011
Chyz*:

Does't sound like any African or Arab wrote that. undecided. . .Part at the bottom gives it away.

Sounds like something coming from Al-qaeda
Re: Boko Haram Gives Terms For Negotiation With FG by icez: 10:08pm On Nov 18, 2011
Just four days. shocked

The radical Islamist sect, popularly known as Boko Haram, has said that they will not dialogue with the Federal Government (FG) until all their members who have been arrested are released.

Spokesperson of the group, Abul Qaqa, who disclosed the groups demands on Thursday called on President Goodluck Jonathan; Senate President, David Mark; Speaker of the House of Representatives, Aminu Tambuwal; and the Attorney General  and Minister of Justice, Mohammed Bello Adoke, to respond to their request or they would not relent in their attacks.

According to Qaqa: "The recipe for peace is the unconditional release of our members".

He, also revealed the identities of two suicide bombers who attacked the Joint Task Force headquarters (JTF) in Maiduguri and the Anti Terrorism two- storey building in Damaturu, as Usman alias Baana and Abi Yusuf, 26.
The group's spokesperson said that Baana, a successful businessman who left behind a wife and a son, was seen as a martyr because he was barely four days in the group before he pleaded to be allowed to carry out the act on the anti terrorism building.

He also revealed that Yusuf was responsible for the bombing of the JTF headquarters in Maiduguri.

“He was also a martyr whom we are going to miss a lot because of his outstanding mastery of how to improvise explosives,” Qaqa said.

Other demands of the group include, "Islam reigns supreme, and Sharia replaces the Constitution; all women are degraded; all ties with the Western World are severed".
Re: Boko Haram Gives Terms For Negotiation With FG by kasiem(m): 10:14pm On Nov 18, 2011
Negro, how far? I nor dey see u again, where u go hide?
Re: Boko Haram Gives Terms For Negotiation With FG by NegroNtns(m): 10:39pm On Nov 18, 2011
Hey, Kasiem, I still dey. . . i dey hop here and there depending where grapevine tell me there is palava.

How have u been?
Re: Boko Haram Gives Terms For Negotiation With FG by Nobody: 10:49pm On Nov 18, 2011
Other demands of the group include, "Islam reigns supreme, and Sharia replaces the Constitution; [size=18pt]all women are degraded[/size]; all ties with the Western World are severed".

I dont believe this ish. Either boko haram is now being politicized or something more is going on behind closed doors.

Too bad the media only feeds us what they want us to know.

This is too much. I doubt boko harams are behind the bolded. I mean, haba! "To degrade women"? Doesnt even make sense with the whole scenario.

Tell us another story, plz.
Re: Boko Haram Gives Terms For Negotiation With FG by jmaine: 11:26pm On Nov 18, 2011
Negro_Ntns:

What sort of propaganda if i may ask
Re: Boko Haram Gives Terms For Negotiation With FG by Beaf: 12:06am On Nov 19, 2011
Negro_Ntns:

Beaf,

Please clarify this highlight: "Islam reigns supreme, and Sharia replaces the Constitution; all women are degraded; all ties with the Western World are severed".

Negro_Ntns:

Dude, I hope you aren't trying to insult me.
Re: Boko Haram Gives Terms For Negotiation With FG by aljharem3: 12:16am On Nov 19, 2011
Sad REALLY SAD

I must say, We the people of Nigeria should expose this Boko Haram people before they hiajack Nigeria from us all.

The good people of the south and north should all word together
Re: Boko Haram Gives Terms For Negotiation With FG by Beaf: 12:19am On Nov 19, 2011

Why would a successful businessman join a group only to commit a suicide bombing? Something doesn't ring right about that.
There is the question of trust. Why would boko haram trust a four day old recruit whom they would barely have checked out, to carry out a suicide bombing without bottling it and spilling every name he knows? How could they be sure such an eager recruit was not an infiltrator?
It doesn't end there, how could a man join a group and get straight up the ladder to the organisers of suicide bombings?

There are too many questions. The only answers that come to mind are that; he was either handed to boko haram as a fulfilled terrorist by groups boko haram trusts, such as al qaeda (most plausible explanation) or he was murdered.
Re: Boko Haram Gives Terms For Negotiation With FG by Beaf: 12:32am On Nov 19, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

I dont believe this ish. Either boko haram is now being politicized or something more is going on behind closed doors.

This is too much. I doubt boko harams are behind the bolded. I mean, haba! "To degrade women"? Doesnt even make sense with the whole scenario.

Sometimes, you shock me. Do you argue for boko haram these days?
In any sharia state, women are "degraded." In countries like Saudi Arabia, women cannot vote or even drive cars. Boko haram has always called for the constitution to be replaced by sharia, there is nothing new in their latest bizare request.

Groups like boko haram feel very threatened by women in power, that is only amplified by the fact that the present govt has women occupying the most powerful positions after the President; Deziani Allison Madueke (petroleum), Okonjo Iweala (finace). The govt also features the first ever female Reps majority leader (Mulikat Akande-Adeola), indeed, she would have been speaker if not for rebelion in the house of reps.
There are people with weak d'i'c'ks who feel extremely threatened by such ascension and will justify their fight with pseudo-religious reasons.
Re: Boko Haram Gives Terms For Negotiation With FG by PROUDIGBO(m): 12:34am On Nov 19, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

^^^Hehehe grin You, Kobojunkie and the rest women on here should be ready to 'zip it' and do as you're told if all goes according to plan.
Re: Boko Haram Gives Terms For Negotiation With FG by Nobody: 12:41am On Nov 19, 2011
Beaf:

Sometimes, you shock me. Do you argue for boko haram these days?
In any sharia state, women are "degraded." In countries like Saudi Arabia, women cannot vote or even drive cars. Boko haram has always called for the constitution to be replaced by sharia, there is nothing new in their latest bizare request.

Groups like boko haram feel very threatened by women in power, that is only amplified by the fact that the present govt has women occupying the most powerful positions after the President; Deziani Allison Madueke (petroleum), Okonjo Iweala (finace). The govt also features the first ever female Reps majority leader (Mulikat Akande-Adeola), indeed, she would have been speaker if not for rebelion in the house of reps.
There are people with weak d'i'c'ks who feel extremely threatened by such ascension and will justify their fight with pseudo-religious reasons.

Please, this is the time to put a leash on our emotions and think. But ofcourse, I'm not denying that women are degraded in society proctected by the sharia Umbrella of Allah.
However, I see propaganda written all over this.
I'd have gone along with the all drama if not for the "degrade all women" part.
Even a country that practices Sharia does not outrightly and bluntly demand for the "degradation of women".
Whatever emotions this article is trying to get out of people, they failed with me. Many will fall for this, which will be such a shame.

I'd have to be one cold heartless woman to support Boko haram, but I understand them. Understanding is not caring, nor is it supporting.
Re: Boko Haram Gives Terms For Negotiation With FG by auwal87(m): 12:53am On Nov 19, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

Please, this is the time to put a leash on our emotions and think. But ofcourse, I'm not denying that women are degraded in society proctected by the sharia Umbrella of Allah.
Even a country that practices Sharia does not outrightly and bluntly demand for the "degradation of women".
Whatever emotions this article is trying to get out of people, they failed with me. Many will fall for this, which will be such a shame.
I'd have to be one cold heartless woman to support Boko haram, but I understand them. Understanding is not caring, nor is it supporting.

I respect you today. Many will fall for that, Nigerians easily accept anything that comes from media.
Re: Boko Haram Gives Terms For Negotiation With FG by Beaf: 1:05am On Nov 19, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

What would be the goal of such "propaganda?" I don't see the need for propaganda against boko haram. To what end? To gain what?
Re: Boko Haram Gives Terms For Negotiation With FG by Nobody: 1:06am On Nov 19, 2011
Beaf:

What would be the goal of such "propaganda?" I don't see the need for propaganda against boko haram. To what end? To gain what?

If you dont have the answers to those question, then none of us do. We're not in the circle.
Until you do, let us know tongue
Re: Boko Haram Gives Terms For Negotiation With FG by Beaf: 1:17am On Nov 19, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

If you dont have the answers to those question, then none of us do. We're not in the circle.
Until you do, let us know tongue

There are no answers, because there is no need for propaganda against boko haram. We all already know they are terrorists for whom life is cheap.
Its as ridiculous as carrying out propaganda against armed robbers. What would the purpose be?
Re: Boko Haram Gives Terms For Negotiation With FG by Nobody: 1:18am On Nov 19, 2011
Beaf:

There are no answers, because there is no need for propaganda against boko haram. We all already know they are terrorists for whom life is cheap.
Its as ridiculous as carrying out propaganda against armed robbers. What would the purpose be?

That boko haram is more than we assumed them to be. An effective political tool, I must say.
Re: Boko Haram Gives Terms For Negotiation With FG by fineboy200: 9:30am On Nov 19, 2011
sorry for my muslim brothers and sisters in the north.
Re: Boko Haram Gives Terms For Negotiation With FG by trimwis: 9:43am On Nov 19, 2011
some criminals call themselves mend and bomb oil installation in Niger delta the government gave them amnesty with oil wells cry cry

Another criminal groups are now bombing the north all in the name of religion very soon the government will give them amnesty with Ghana must go money

The IBO guys are watching, anything that goes to the east become worse, remember how the IBOS make money from kidnapping they learn from 9ja delta

WE ARE WATCHING!!!!
Re: Boko Haram Gives Terms For Negotiation With FG by LagosBoi2(m): 9:44am On Nov 19, 2011
Na wah oooo, I don't know where this country is heading to.
Re: Boko Haram Gives Terms For Negotiation With FG by BCuZiMBlaCk(m): 9:47am On Nov 19, 2011
Down the bottomless pit
Re: Boko Haram Gives Terms For Negotiation With FG by Johnpaul2k2(m): 9:54am On Nov 19, 2011
trimwis:

some criminals call themselves mend and bomb oil installation in Niger delta the government gave them amnesty with oil wells cry cry

Another criminal groups are now bombing the north all in the name of religion very soon the government will give them amnesty with Ghana must go money

The IBO guys are watching, anything that goes to the east become worse, remember how the IBOS make money from kidnapping they learn from 9ja delta

WE ARE WATCHING!!!!

Re: Boko Haram Gives Terms For Negotiation With FG by Wadosky(m): 10:01am On Nov 19, 2011
Who said they are living on fools paradise? I did
Re: Boko Haram Gives Terms For Negotiation With FG by baslone: 10:12am On Nov 19, 2011
Some people will just sleep, wake up the next day and start cooking up stories!
Re: Boko Haram Gives Terms For Negotiation With FG by mikepeace(m): 10:12am On Nov 19, 2011
And who the hell is BOKO HARAM to give the government conditions? Any good government in the world do not negociate with terrorist, u only fight them.

One thing is clear here, the top people in the north are behind this so called Boko haram, if Buhari was to be the president we shouldn't have been having this issue of Boko haram.

Why cant Nigeria be devided into 2 or 3, so that those behind the boko haram can freely practice the boko haram or sharia law in thier own country?

Idiots, they want to turn the whole country to a muslim country, so that when i travel to the western world i would be seen as a terrorist.

God punish them and their sponsors!
Re: Boko Haram Gives Terms For Negotiation With FG by rareman(m): 10:15am On Nov 19, 2011
from all indication hope is being lost in the nation Nigeria, the center cannot hold, why can't we find a peaceful way out by dissolving this union instead of patching and pretending that all is well
Re: Boko Haram Gives Terms For Negotiation With FG by lionphil(m): 10:24am On Nov 19, 2011
Pls o, na naija constitutn dem wan change to sharia? E be like say na only muslim dey dis country. I just wonder whr dis country dey go. I feel all Boko haram members in detention should be killed. As far as i am concerned, this is war. No mercy, no dialogue!!
Re: Boko Haram Gives Terms For Negotiation With FG by LagosBoi2(m): 10:25am On Nov 19, 2011
baslone:

Some people will just sleep, wake up the next day and start cooking up stories!

You are not the most informed, when you see people that are more informed than you please learn from them.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Please What Has Our President Actually Done Wrong(a Must Read 4 Nigerians) / Ipob, Happening Now Live... / Many Buharists Aren’t Progressives But Opportunists – Shehu Sani

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.