Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,462 members, 7,819,683 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:46 PM

Grammy Winner Mandisa Dies At Age 47: 'She Is With The God She Sang About' - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Grammy Winner Mandisa Dies At Age 47: 'She Is With The God She Sang About' (48360 Views)

House On The Rock: Why Our Pastor Mounted Pulpit With AK-47 / Pastor Uche Aigbe Brings AK 47 To House on the Rock Altar / Some Of Those Who Condemned Owo Massacre Also Sang About Burning The Church . (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Grammy Winner Mandisa Dies At Age 47: 'She Is With The God She Sang About' by Kobojunkie: 3:09pm On Apr 21
sprints1:
This is what happens when u mix satanism with Christianity. She are singing to God to earn devil' award...
Please sing help for this mental delusion of yours immediately. undecided
Re: Grammy Winner Mandisa Dies At Age 47: 'She Is With The God She Sang About' by babzo(m): 3:09pm On Apr 21
bentenny:
When don Moen said she was one of those background musicians in his album 'thank you lord',instantly remembered who she was from the video!
RIP to her!

Can you please post a link to the video
Re: Grammy Winner Mandisa Dies At Age 47: 'She Is With The God She Sang About' by Kobojunkie: 3:12pm On Apr 21
judedwriter:
A gospel singer suffering from depression??
That's so ironical. There's no depression when we sing to God but peace, blessings and joy.

Anyways, we all know individually where the shoe pinches us.
You Christians are some of the most wicked individuals out there. Your utterances violate even the God you claim to serve. In your mind, when Elijah became so depressed that he ran to hide, he was no longer of God, abi? And when Elisha died of illness, that could not have been of God either? Congratulations, you lot have become better than even God's very own. undecided
Re: Grammy Winner Mandisa Dies At Age 47: 'She Is With The God She Sang About' by Kobojunkie: 3:15pm On Apr 21
thrillionaire:
Oh.. I learnt she was depressed and it could be a possible suicide. Some people now say depression is an ailment and can be treated with medications. I don't agree.
Depression comes and stays from the wrong thoughts.
This is not entirely true. There is a depression that will come from your bones that the more you fight it , the more it deepens. Medication can help it for a time but that is it, for a time. That kind of depression, only God Himself can lift off of you. undecided

Yes, I do suspect suicide in this case too, but if you have ever found yourself in the clutches of depression, you would never lift your heart to cast blame on those who choose to end it. lipsrsealed
Re: Grammy Winner Mandisa Dies At Age 47: 'She Is With The God She Sang About' by Kobojunkie: 3:19pm On Apr 21
thrillionaire:
That's the challenge, being a gospel singer of preacher doesn't make one immune but doing today he word is the key. Choose to be happy. Focus on the light and let shadows fall behind.
That motivational speech nonsense does not solve depression. Ask your many other pastors out there who after many years of preaching that gobbledegook took their own lives. lipsrsealed
Re: Grammy Winner Mandisa Dies At Age 47: 'She Is With The God She Sang About' by judedwriter(m): 3:23pm On Apr 21
Kobojunkie:
You Christians are some of the most wicked individuals out there. Your utterances violate even the God you claim to serve. In your mind, when Elijah became so depressed that he ran to hide, he was no longer of God, abi? And when Elisha died of illness, that could not have been of God either? Congratulations, you lot have become better than even God's very own. undecided

Next time before you comment, read carefully... and don't just blurt out anything that comes to your mind.

There's a big difference between being depressed and suffering from depression.

Of course all Christians get depressed once in a while, but suffering from depression means chronic depression like a very bad sickness.

A Christian that spends much time in God's presence cannot suffer from chronic depression, it's impossible. Unless he or she decides to backside away from God.
Re: Grammy Winner Mandisa Dies At Age 47: 'She Is With The God She Sang About' by Kobojunkie: 3:29pm On Apr 21
judedwriter:
∆ Nest time before you comment, read carefully... and don't just blurt out anything that comes to your mind. There's a big difference between being depressed and suffering all depression. Of course all Christians get depressed once in a while, but suffering from depression means chronic depression like a very bad sickness. A Christian that spends much time in God's presence cannot suffer from chronic depression, it's impossible. Unless he or she decides to backside away from God.
LOL...You people are wicked, no be small at all. undecided

So there's a difference between being depressed now and suffering from depression and Elijah did not suffer depression but only felt depressed, abi? . OK naw. Jeremiah nko who suffered from Depression that it oozes out of his declarations, are you Christians better than he was? You religious lot are definitely better than Elisha, right? lipsrsealed

I keep forgetting that the Christian God is a different deity entirely from the God of Israel whose prophets experienced a lot of suffering.. Even Jesus Christ promised His followers suffering and tribulations but the Christian God is on another level entirely. lipsrsealed
Re: Grammy Winner Mandisa Dies At Age 47: 'She Is With The God She Sang About' by judedwriter(m): 3:35pm On Apr 21
Kobojunkie:
LOL...You people are wicked, no be small at all. undecided

So there's a difference between being depressed now and suffering from depression and Elijah did not suffer depression but only felt depressed, abi? . OK naw. Jeremiah nko who suffered from Depression that it oozes out of his declarations, are you Christians better than he was? You religious lot are definitely better than Elisha, right? lipsrsealed

Depressive disorder (also known as depression) is a common mental disorder. It involves a depressed mood or loss of pleasure or interest in activities for LONG periods of time. This type of Depression is different from regular mood changes and feelings about every day.
Re: Grammy Winner Mandisa Dies At Age 47: 'She Is With The God She Sang About' by Kobojunkie: 3:45pm On Apr 21
judedwriter:
∆ Depressive disorder (also known as depression) is a common mental disorder. It involves a depressed mood or loss of pleasure or interest in activities for LONG periods of time. Depression is different from regular mood changes and feelings about every day.
Lol .. According to Elijah, the cause of His depression was Jezebel's killing of prophets in the land, a campaign which probably spanned years. It led him into the a state of depression and to believing he was the last one left( he probably wasn't aware of what Obadiah had been doing) in the entire nation of Judah. By the time, the panic had overwhelmed him, Elijah, he saw himself walking many many miles in a bid to run away from the sword coming from him. Reading it, the man seemed like he was in the clutches of the delusion that goes with it. undecided

But here you wish for us to believe it was merely a feeling of depression that Elijah experienced. What about Jeremiah who existed in his state and even poured his depressed heart out in his writings? Of course, no point mentioning Elisha who is reported to have died in his illness, right? . grin

I keep forgetting that the Christian God is a different deity entirely from the God of Israel whose prophets experienced a lot of suffering.. Even Jesus Christ promised His followers suffering and tribulations but the Christian God is on another level entirely. lipsrsealed
Re: Grammy Winner Mandisa Dies At Age 47: 'She Is With The God She Sang About' by judedwriter(m): 3:57pm On Apr 21
Kobojunkie:
Lol .. According to Elijah, the cause of His depression was Jezebel's killing of prophets in the land, a campaign which probably spanned years. It led him into the a state of depression and to believing he was the last one left( he probably wasn't aware of what Obadiah had been doing) in the entire nation of Judah. By the time, the panic had overwhelmed him, Elijah, he saw himself walking many many miles in a bid to run away from the sword coming from him. Reading it, the man seemed like he was in the clutches of the delusion that goes with it. undecided

But here you wish for us to believe it was merely a feeling of depression that Elijah experienced. What about Jeremiah who existed in his state and even poured his depressed heart out in his writings? Of course, no point mentioning Elisha who is reported to have died in his illness, right? . grin

For the first time in a very long time (or from inception), it seems you have a point... Congrats. But the Christian God is the same God of Israel.

However, a true child of God shouldn't suffer from depression because in God's presence is fullness of joy.
Re: Grammy Winner Mandisa Dies At Age 47: 'She Is With The God She Sang About' by Kobojunkie: 4:02pm On Apr 21
judedwriter:
∆ For the first time in a very long time, it seems you have a point... Congrats.
However, a true child of God shouldn't suffer from depression because in God's presence is fullness of joy.
Yes, the God of your religion is definitely a different God from the God of Elijah, Elisha, Jeremiah and Jesus Christ. They all suffered affliction even as they walked with Him. Jesus Christ even promised His followers suffering and tribulation to boot. But all that seems unacceptable by the standard of your own religion s deity. Hence, whatever deity you serve, it cannot be the same God of Israel or His Son, Jesus Christ. That is one thing that is for sure in all of this. undecided
Re: Grammy Winner Mandisa Dies At Age 47: 'She Is With The God She Sang About' by judedwriter(m): 4:07pm On Apr 21
Kobojunkie:
Yes, the God of your religion is definitely a different God from the God of Elijah, Elisha, Jeremiah and Jesus Christ. They all suffered affliction even as they walked with Him. Jesus Christ even promised His followers suffering and tribulation to boot. But all that seems unacceptable by the standard of your own religion s deity. Hence, whatever deity you serve, it cannot be the same God of Israel or His Son, Jesus Christ. That is one thing that is for sure in all of this. undecided

I have said my own o....

Whatever you want to believe is up to you.

Salvation is personal.....

Cheers. 🍷
Re: Grammy Winner Mandisa Dies At Age 47: 'She Is With The God She Sang About' by Abee79(m): 4:14pm On Apr 21
May her soul rest in peace. She left a legacy that will outlast her . . .
Re: Grammy Winner Mandisa Dies At Age 47: 'She Is With The God She Sang About' by Kobojunkie: 4:21pm On Apr 21
judedwriter:
I have said my own o....Whatever you want to believe is up to you. Salvation is personal..... Cheers. 🍷
See, there's another difference. Salvation, according to Jesus Christ, can be examined by others. He told His followers that by their fruits you shall know those who are of Him from those who are not of Him. His teachings differ from this hidden salvation you religious lot swear by, your personal kind of salvations, that you believe no one outside of your person is able to gauge. Must like the Muslims, you religious lot do not in fact have much in common with Jesus Christ and the God of Israel. undecided
Re: Grammy Winner Mandisa Dies At Age 47: 'She Is With The God She Sang About' by VULCAN(m): 4:22pm On Apr 21
Even from far away- I can identify a bitter soul.

May you find healing quickly before it's too late

Redomi:
Because she sings gospel song abi?
Re: Grammy Winner Mandisa Dies At Age 47: 'She Is With The God She Sang About' by sprints1: 4:26pm On Apr 21
Offpointng:

How?
I have explained it above Grammy is an award from Satan.
Re: Grammy Winner Mandisa Dies At Age 47: 'She Is With The God She Sang About' by VULCAN(m): 4:27pm On Apr 21
Urrchnn HQ are really scraping the bottom of the barrel now.

They told this one just be insulting Obi on every thread and the robot has been doing so.

Lolllz.

No brains whatsoever.

A gospel singer does on faraway US and the daft brings on Peter Obi.

I suspect they may not count this post in his daily quota as it's so distasteful even for them
Truthsandtrusts:

GOD is the giver of life not peter and Obi, the old keeps living why the young keeps dying...
Re: Grammy Winner Mandisa Dies At Age 47: 'She Is With The God She Sang About' by Kobojunkie: 4:27pm On Apr 21
sprints1:
I have explained it above Grammy is an award from Satan.
Who told you your Gospel songs are not from Satan as well? undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Grammy Winner Mandisa Dies At Age 47: 'She Is With The God She Sang About' by GrandFinale2021(m): 5:13pm On Apr 21
babzo:

Are you referring to the OP or someone else?
OP
Re: Grammy Winner Mandisa Dies At Age 47: 'She Is With The God She Sang About' by sunsweet33: 5:21pm On Apr 21
thrillionaire:
Oh.. I learnt she was depressed and it could be a possible suicide. Some people now say depression is an ailment and can be treated with medications. I don't agree.
Depression comes and stays from the wrong thoughts.

She was s*xually abused as a child And lost her best friend to cancer. she tried her best to overcome it but It seems it was too much for her to bear.

Depression is a complex condition; some people need medications and others need intense therapies. While other still need a shift in perspective and new strategies on how to perceive challenges and setbacks.

RIP dear, you really tried. 💔 🙏🏾 💐
Re: Grammy Winner Mandisa Dies At Age 47: 'She Is With The God She Sang About' by bentenny(m): 5:46pm On Apr 21
babzo:

Can you please post a link to the video
Go to YouTube and type Thank you lord by don moen 2004 full concert

1 Like

Re: Grammy Winner Mandisa Dies At Age 47: 'She Is With The God She Sang About' by thrillionaire(m): 5:52pm On Apr 21
Kobojunkie:
That motivational speech nonsense does not solve depression. Ask your many other pastors out there who after many years of preaching that gobbledegook took their own lives. lipsrsealed
For you can do nothing for or against the Truth and this is the Truth of the matter. It's not motivation. Gratitude remains the extinguisher of depression.
Re: Grammy Winner Mandisa Dies At Age 47: 'She Is With The God She Sang About' by Kobojunkie: 5:53pm On Apr 21
@sprints1, before you go congratulating yourself, know that even religion, including Christianity, is a system devised by the very antiChrist to delude the multitudes with. undecided
Re: Grammy Winner Mandisa Dies At Age 47: 'She Is With The God She Sang About' by Kobojunkie: 5:55pm On Apr 21
thrillionaire:
For you can do nothing for or against the Truth and this is the Truth of the matter. It's not motivation. Gratitude remains the extinguisher of depression.
You don't get to manufacture Truth as you feel like it. It either exists outside of your mind or it is balderdash! Let's get that straight! undecided

There is no evidence out that that what you refer to as gratitude impacts depression, either the emotion or the disease. If you at least understood the individual symptoms of the illness, you would realize for your self why it can't be as you claim. undecided
Re: Grammy Winner Mandisa Dies At Age 47: 'She Is With The God She Sang About' by thrillionaire(m): 5:58pm On Apr 21
Kobojunkie:
This is not entirely true. There is a depression that will come from your bones that the more you fight it , the more it deepens. Medication can help it for a time but that is it, for a time. That kind of depression, only God Himself can lift off of you. undecided

Yes, I do suspect suicide in this case too, but if you have ever found yourself in the clutches of depression, you would never lift your heart to cast blame on those who choose to end it. lipsrsealed
I do not blame those who choose to end it. I am indifferent towards them even though I don't agree with any excuse given.
God has come to dwell in man and become one with man.. so the answer to any form of depression is in man. Do the opposite - focus on the light (gratitude). Count it all Joy when faced with diverse trials. Refuse to focus on the darkness of depression.

I agree with Andrew Tate and insist that depression isn't an ailment, depression can try me but can't hold me as I can not be depressed.
Re: Grammy Winner Mandisa Dies At Age 47: 'She Is With The God She Sang About' by Kobojunkie: 6:01pm On Apr 21
thrillionaire:
■ I do not blame those who choose to end it. I am indifferent towards them even though I don't agree with any excuse given. God has come to dwell in man and become one with man..
■ so the answer to any form of depression is in man. Do the opposite - focus on the light (gratitude). Count it all Joy when faced with diverse trials. Refuse to focus on the darkness of depression.
■ I agree with Andrew Tate and insist that depression isn't an ailment, depression can try me but can't hold me as I can not be depressed.
Which God has come to dwell with which man? undecided

2. Have you ever in fact researched the symptoms of depression of depression at all? Or do you simply think it is Ok to make assumptions regarding it? undecided

3. Depression is not an ailment and as such those who end up killing themselves as a result of it as just having fun is all? WOW shocked
Re: Grammy Winner Mandisa Dies At Age 47: 'She Is With The God She Sang About' by thrillionaire(m): 6:13pm On Apr 21
Kobojunkie:
Which God has come to dwell with which man? undecided

2. Have you ever in fact researched the symptoms of depression of depression at all? Or do you simply think it is Ok to make assumptions regarding it? undecided

3. Depression is not an ailment and as such those who end up killing themselves as a result of it as just having fun is all? WOW shocked
1. John 14:15-18,21,23. 1John4:17
I reckon you don't read your Bible so you wouldn't know.
2. Yes I have. Doctors that deceived the world during covid are still the ones to tell you balderdash that depression is an ailment. Depression is an emotion just as anger is. The cure is in changing your thinking.
3. The guy that did self immolation days ago in New York wasn't depressed. Maybe he was having fun, ask him when you see him.

You can't convince me otherwise so just run along with your thoughts and opinions on this matter.
Re: Grammy Winner Mandisa Dies At Age 47: 'She Is With The God She Sang About' by Kobojunkie: 6:20pm On Apr 21
thrillionaire:
1. John 14:15-18,21,23. 1John4:17
I reckon you don't read your Bible so you wouldn't know.
2. Yes I have. Doctors that deceived the world during covid are still the ones to tell you balderdash that depression is an ailment. Depression is an emotion just as anger is. The cure is in changing your thinking.
3. The guy that did self immolation days ago in New York wasn't depressed. Maybe he was having fun, ask him when you see him. You can't convince me otherwise so just run along with your thoughts and opinions on this matter.
1. And that the very same God who said in Matthew 15 vs 24 and John 3 vs 14 - 18 that He was sent only to the Lost sheep of Israel - Jeremiah 31 vs 31 - 34? Are you people for real at all? undecided

2. Why do folks like you always sound like you are mentally disengaged on some level for Pete's sake? So, the depression that Elijah and Jeremiah were written to have suffered through in Scripture is balderdash created by doctors in 2020, is that it? lipsrsealed

3. What has self-immolation to do with depression for crying out loud? Are you certain you understand depression at all? undecided
Re: Grammy Winner Mandisa Dies At Age 47: 'She Is With The God She Sang About' by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:32pm On Apr 21
OLAADEGBU:

The Christian radio outlet K-LOVE is reporting that Mandisa has passed away. She was 47.

The cause of death is not yet known, and details are sparse, but she reportedly died at her home in Nashville.

"Mandisa loved Jesus, and she used her unusually extensive platform to talk about Him at every turn. Her kindness was epic, her smile electric, her voice massive, but it was no match for the size of her heart," says David Pierce, K-LOVE Chief Media Officer.

Mandisa was a Grammy-winning artist, known for her uplifting hits like "Good Morning" and "Overcomer." Throughout her career, she collaborated with top Christian performers like TobyMac, Matthew West, Michael W. Smith, Kirk Franklin, and Jordan Feliz.

She was also an author, telling her testimony in her book, Out of the Dark: My Journey Through The Shadows To Find God's Joy, about her lifelong struggles with depression and trusting in God for healing. She had also been very open in interviews with CBN and other Christian outlets like K-LOVE.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JXRp9lOZB14?si=_nQhAGTlQM5-pyu_

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rAjvZcPiV4I?si=oDoBuqmmYwkgKLis

Read more:

Mandisa Talks About Her Struggles In Last LIVE Before Death, Grammy-winning American Idol Christian

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1wJAJijlI_s
Re: Grammy Winner Mandisa Dies At Age 47: 'She Is With The God She Sang About' by thrillionaire(m): 6:33pm On Apr 21
Kobojunkie:
1. And that the very same God who said in Matthew 15 vs 24 and John 3 vs 14 - 18 that He was sent only to the Lost sheep of Israel - Jeremiah 31 vs 31 - 34? Are you people for real at all? undecided

2. Why do folks like you always sound like you are mentally disengaged on some level for Pete's sake? So, the depression that Elijah and Jeremiah were written to have suffered through in Scripture is balderdash created by doctors in 2020? lipsrsealed

3. What has self-immolation to do with depression for crying out loud? Are you certain you understand depression at all? undecided
I always knew arguing with will be a lost cause lol
Our thoughts and opinions on God's word and spirituality are at variance.

I know you can drag this matter till you win the Guinness world record for the longest argument but do your thang.
Re: Grammy Winner Mandisa Dies At Age 47: 'She Is With The God She Sang About' by Kobojunkie: 6:38pm On Apr 21
thrillionaire:
■ I always knew arguing with will be a lost cause lol. Our thoughts and opinions on God's word and spirituality are at variance.
■ I know you can drag this matter till you win the Guinness world record for the longest argument but do your thang.
1. Your thoughts and opinions are clearly at variance with that of even the God whom you pretend to speak for since He never said He was for all of mankind, and even His prophets suffered depression. These are clearly documented from thousands of years ago. undecided

2. You religious folks are notorious for your Argument from pigheadedness tactics. Are you certain I am the reason for the dragging? undecided

See, you already abandoned the conversation to attack me personally for pointing out the many illogicalities contained in views expressed by your person... grin
Re: Grammy Winner Mandisa Dies At Age 47: 'She Is With The God She Sang About' by Dybala11(m): 7:12pm On Apr 21
Johnwrite:
May her soul find internal peace
Internal?
Or you wan write "eternal" peace?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Video Of Happie Boys Apologizing To OPM Pastor While Rejecting His Latest Offer. / Six Birds Drop Dead On The Lord's Chosen Altar In Lagos (Pix, Video) / Tanker Burns Everything In Sight Except The Car Of A Man From Winners Church

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.