Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,575 members, 7,816,415 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:50 AM

PDP Crisis: Only God Gives Power, Atiku Tells Supporters - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / PDP Crisis: Only God Gives Power, Atiku Tells Supporters (9395 Views)

2023: Nigerians Waiting For PDP To Take Power – Atiku / “Please Be Prayerful,” Adeleke Tells Supporters Ahead Of Supreme Court Judgement / Omisore Tells Supporters Whom To Vote For At Osun Governorship Rerun (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

PDP Crisis: Only God Gives Power, Atiku Tells Supporters by Good01: 7:46am On Apr 20
Former Vice-President Atiku Abubakar has declared that no human can give power, except God Almighty.

Atiku’s declaration came on the heels of the ongoing controversy trailing the outcome of the 98th National Executive Committee meeting of the Peoples Democratic Party held in Abuja on Thursday.

The 2023 PDP presidential standard-bearer’s position was contained in a WhatsApp group chat with some of his supporters in the country on Friday.

According to the PDP National Publicity Secretary, Debo Ologunagba, the party, among its intra-party resolutions made on Thursday, had approved the reconstitution of its Disciplinary and Reconciliation Committees to further ensure its stability.

Among the key decisions made at the NEC meeting, the party also appointed former Akwa-Ibom State governor, Emmanuel Udom, as the head of its Disciplinary Committee, while former Senate President, Bukola Saraki, remains the head of its Reconciliation committee.

But Atiku told his supporters in the Whatsapp group after the NEC meeting that only God gives power.

His reaction follows insinuations by his supporters that he has been betrayed by some elements within the party.

The former vice president, who had contested six different times to become Nigeria’s president, but failed, said, “There is God. It is God that gives power, not anybody.”

Responding, one of his supporters on the social media group, said, “This is very true, Sir and this same God will answer your heart desires and ours too.

"When the day comes, we shall all be alive to celebrate together as one big family of good faith.

“All our hand work will not go to waste, there is always light at the end of the tunnel. We shall all walk and work together to witness the night. Victory shall be ours. It is well with you, Sir.”

Meanwhile, the Deputy National Chairman (South) of the party, Taofeek Arapaja, has addressed the growing calls for the suspension of former Rivers State governor and current Minister of Federal Capital Territory, Nyesome Wike, and other members of the defunct G5 governors within the PDP over alleged anti-party activities.

He disclosed in an interview with Saturday PUNCH on Friday in reaction to the resolutions reached at Thursday’s NEC meeting of the party and its North Central Zone leadership meeting held on Wednesday night.

Ahead of the two meetings, some top chieftains of the party, including former PDP governorship candidate in Kogi State, Senator Dino Melaye, had boasted that every top chieftain of the party accused of anti-party activities would get serious sanctions from the party’s NEC on Thursday.

On Thursday, the PDP NEC, however, failed to comment on the alleged anti-party issues and further retained the party’s former Vice Chairman (North), Umar Damagum as the party’s acting national chairman till its next NEC meeting.

Reacting in an interview with Saturday PUNCH on Friday, the PDP National Vice Chairman (South-West) said both Wike and Ortom cannot be suspended by the party’s NEC because it is not the duty of the NEC to do so.

He said, “I think that is not part of the activities of the NEC. We have different committees like the reconciliation committee and the disciplinary committee. So we have internal mechanisms to deal with things like that. And then, they have never been accused; they have never been charged and they haven’t presented themselves for the disciplinary committee or anything. So, I don’t think that is for NEC to do.

"Whoever is alleging them of committing anti-party should forward their complaints to the disciplinary committee. That is just it. There are lots of mechanisms and processes that need to take place and things like that are not the duty of the NEC.”

Damagum survives ouster plot

In the meantime, Saturday PUNCH has gathered that the acting National Chairman of the Peoples Democratic Party, Umar Damagum, survived a plot to oust him because governors elected on the party’s platform salvaged the situation.

Leading up to the PDP 98 National Executive Committee meeting which held on Thursday, a crucial topic of debate among party officials over the past two weeks centered on whether Damagum should retain his position or be replaced.
https://punchng.com/pdp-crisis-only-god-gives-power-atiku-tells-supporters/?amp

1 Like

Re: PDP Crisis: Only God Gives Power, Atiku Tells Supporters by Whalis: 9:01am On Apr 20
Wike positioning to deflate Obidient in 2027 by the grace of Almighty God. Nothing is as sweet as the drip like taste of the tears of Obidient.

25 Likes 6 Shares

Re: PDP Crisis: Only God Gives Power, Atiku Tells Supporters by tunwumi: 9:15am On Apr 20
You see when you have a goat visit in a ceramic plate shop, patience is the solution.

I mean real strategic patience

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: PDP Crisis: Only God Gives Power, Atiku Tells Supporters by Mynd44: 9:15am On Apr 20
They want to frustrate Atiku out of the party

9 Likes

Re: PDP Crisis: Only God Gives Power, Atiku Tells Supporters by AsomStructures: 9:16am On Apr 20
Oh!! does Atiku know God now?

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: PDP Crisis: Only God Gives Power, Atiku Tells Supporters by Afamed: 9:16am On Apr 20
Not to Obident.

Power must be gotten through propaganda and religion division

You built a second hand borehole in Kaduna in the morning

You go to church in the evening telling Christian to take back their country

You failed to win in any state in NW , neither did you win any in NE.
You came distance 3rd in election, only for the Gbajue to go looking for his manhood in the court.

Even Atiku does not believe in what he said. He too speaks with 2 sides of his mouth

51 Likes 9 Shares

Re: PDP Crisis: Only God Gives Power, Atiku Tells Supporters by owiko(m): 9:16am On Apr 20
Re: PDP Crisis: Only God Gives Power, Atiku Tells Supporters by beyondPen(m): 9:17am On Apr 20
But you and obidient said Tinubu rigged himself in.

Which one should we believe?

17 Likes 5 Shares

Re: PDP Crisis: Only God Gives Power, Atiku Tells Supporters by alizma: 9:17am On Apr 20
Ok
Re: PDP Crisis: Only God Gives Power, Atiku Tells Supporters by Lexusgs430: 9:17am On Apr 20
We should employ God into INEC........😜😁

1 Like 1 Share

Re: PDP Crisis: Only God Gives Power, Atiku Tells Supporters by fuckJones(f): 9:17am On Apr 20
your Excellency God is not a politician

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: PDP Crisis: Only God Gives Power, Atiku Tells Supporters by Truthsandtrusts: 9:17am On Apr 20
Good01:

https://punchng.com/pdp-crisis-only-god-gives-power-atiku-tells-supporters/?amp

But peter Obi thought is by propaganda and hates that will make him rule the country.

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: PDP Crisis: Only God Gives Power, Atiku Tells Supporters by Olatundex22(m): 9:18am On Apr 20
That is no presidential free ticket again voice 😏😏😏
No soft landing again. I can sense retirement statements in that talk

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: PDP Crisis: Only God Gives Power, Atiku Tells Supporters by Afamed: 9:19am On Apr 20
Lexusgs430:
We should employ God into INEC........😜😁

Was God employed into Inec before Otti and other LP senators and Reps were declared Winners?

Exactly what Atiku was saying, if it comes in the way of LP, the election was free and fair

But if LP didn't win, it was rigged and the whole country must be burnt.

Shame on una

31 Likes 3 Shares

Re: PDP Crisis: Only God Gives Power, Atiku Tells Supporters by Stevenson20: 9:19am On Apr 20
Since you know that Only God gives power, why are you desperate? Since I was born you have been consistently contesting for President

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: PDP Crisis: Only God Gives Power, Atiku Tells Supporters by bigdammyj: 9:19am On Apr 20
Noted.
Re: PDP Crisis: Only God Gives Power, Atiku Tells Supporters by AK481(m): 9:20am On Apr 20
""He said,

"Whoever is alleging them of committing anti-party should forward their complaints to the disciplinary committee. That is just it. There are lots of mechanisms and processes that need to take place and things like that are not the duty of the NEC.”

A very unserious party who are not ready to lead Nigeria as an alternative .

In a matter of urgency ,every serious youth needs to avoid pdp and apc , you have seen it that they are asking for evidence and complain before they can even look at wike anti party activities ..even when wike is having a battle with their own governor fubara ,wike is a member of apc government and reaped bountifully by its anti party activities.

For a while I was thinking that pdp should put its house in order, do a mass expulsion of saboteur and then proceed to beg obi to return with his more than 6 millions obidients .

What a better way of planing to unseat this scandalous ebola if its not using pdp structure with PO as the candidate ?
Re: PDP Crisis: Only God Gives Power, Atiku Tells Supporters by Lizzysamuel(f): 9:21am On Apr 20
Truthsandtrusts:

But peter Obi thought is by propaganda and hates that will make him rule the country.

Na Atiku talk, na Peter Obi they torment you😂😂😂.

Peter oBi thank you oo

2 Likes

Re: PDP Crisis: Only God Gives Power, Atiku Tells Supporters by Afamed: 9:22am On Apr 20
Lizzysamuel:

Na Atiku talk, na Peter Obi they torment you😂😂😂.

Peter oBi thank you oo

The Judas Iscariot is known to speak with 2 sides of his mouth

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: PDP Crisis: Only God Gives Power, Atiku Tells Supporters by Abbeytoy(m): 9:25am On Apr 20
Let just laugh
Re: PDP Crisis: Only God Gives Power, Atiku Tells Supporters by Lexusgs430: 9:28am On Apr 20
Afamed:

Was God employed into Inec before Otti and other LP senators and Reps were declared Winners?

Exactly what Atiku was saying, if it comes in the way of LP, the election was free and fair

But if LP didn't win, it was rigged and the whole country must be burnt.

Shame on una

I don't support any party, I am just an observer (not even LP)......

But election riggers, make certain calculations and give what they can't get away with......

I simply want good governance and Nigeria that works for the majority......
Re: PDP Crisis: Only God Gives Power, Atiku Tells Supporters by Chucks13: 9:30am On Apr 20
Hahahaha Oga Atiku so you know this and yet fighting Tinubu with your last bloody.

Power belong to Jah and He gives whoever pleases Him and no one can do anything about it.

You belong to my party but in last election I refused to be on same page with you because wee told you it's Southern president moment but you went defiant.

2 Likes

Re: PDP Crisis: Only God Gives Power, Atiku Tells Supporters by Afamed: 9:31am On Apr 20
Lexusgs430:

I don't support any party, I am just an observer (not even LP)......

But election riggers, make certain calculations and give what they can't get away with......

I simply want good governance and Nigeria that works for the majority......

Na so Una dey talk when dem burst Una to corner

Immediately the phrase ' I don't support any political party" but inside you, are the one of those shouting eyes on Judiciary. We Sabi Una type no be today

6 Likes

Re: PDP Crisis: Only God Gives Power, Atiku Tells Supporters by Tareq1105: 9:31am On Apr 20
beyondPen:
But you and obidient said Tinubu rigged himself in.

Which one should we believe?

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣Is atikuloooter just realizing that Power comes from God? Those who struggle for Power wouldn't get it. For the Bible says no one can receive anything except it's given from above.

4 Likes

Re: PDP Crisis: Only God Gives Power, Atiku Tells Supporters by Babastrong(m): 9:32am On Apr 20
But Obi Thought power can be gotten throught "YES DADDY".

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: PDP Crisis: Only God Gives Power, Atiku Tells Supporters by Honestey: 9:33am On Apr 20
Spoken like a true Muslim, I believe Atiku now agreed that without God on his side, Tinubu could not have been able to grabbed the power and run to AsoRock with it Let leave the feeling, thinking that Yalubu did that to the unbelievers.
Re: PDP Crisis: Only God Gives Power, Atiku Tells Supporters by OilandGasMarket: 9:36am On Apr 20
It's well
Re: PDP Crisis: Only God Gives Power, Atiku Tells Supporters by Lexusgs430: 9:36am On Apr 20
Afamed:

Na so Una dey talk when dem burst Una to corner

Immediately the phrase ' I don't support any political party" but inside you, are the one of those shouting eyes on Judiciary. We Sabi Una type no be today

😂😁😜

During the last election, I told many LP supporters that obi would not win......

Believe me or not, I am not here to justify anything to you.......

All i hope for, is a working Nigeria + good governance...... Even if both comes from a dog and cat......
Re: PDP Crisis: Only God Gives Power, Atiku Tells Supporters by phemray(m): 9:38am On Apr 20
Olatundex22:
That is no presidential free ticket again voice 😏😏😏
No soft landing again. I can sense retirement statements in that talk

Or maybe old age health issues are showing faces, hence d strategic statements

1 Like

Re: PDP Crisis: Only God Gives Power, Atiku Tells Supporters by illicit(m): 9:42am On Apr 20
No wonder Obi don become muslim

🥵

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Oil Marketer’s Imprisonment In Saudi Shocks Colleagues / Kenyans Held In Nigeria Return Home After Jonathan Intervention / EFCC Scales Up Investigations On P&ID

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.