Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,130 members, 7,818,388 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:08 PM

I Have 350k, Can I Install A Single Solar Panel For My Appliances? - Science/Technology (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / I Have 350k, Can I Install A Single Solar Panel For My Appliances? (26559 Views)

What Is The Best And Cheapest SMM Panel For Social Media? / Where Can I Install Some Civil Engineering Software In Ibadan / Power Your Sensitive Appliances With Online Ups (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Have 350k, Can I Install A Single Solar Panel For My Appliances? by abibun: 9:34pm On Apr 20
In sokoto where things are more expensive, new austa 180w mono panel is 47k. With this I want to believe that amount will be enough o set up a small panel.
I bought 18amphs battery last month for 20k, getting 40amphs won't be more than 60k or you just buy 100amphs car battery
Skillsnigeria:

If your money can't buy all the materials now, just get a good panel upto 600w or more and controller and install it with a small battery like 40ah. Power all your load from 9am to 6pm and off it. You can power only DC fan and bulb in the night. Later you can save and get a 200ah battery and remove the small 40ah you are using before. That's how I started my own, start small and upgrade as time goes. That's the beauty of solar power
Re: I Have 350k, Can I Install A Single Solar Panel For My Appliances? by BigDickProblems: 9:35pm On Apr 20
primeache:
Those acclaimed professionals wouldn't let you achieve your dreams.

Do.you enjoy 6-8hour phcn supply in your base? Then forget about panels for now.

buy inverter 1.5kva and one Battery.
You are good to go!

Improve on it later

Yeah. However, their light usually have issues at times. I keep wasting fuel.

Pls tell me more about this inverter.
Re: I Have 350k, Can I Install A Single Solar Panel For My Appliances? by Justinlean02(m): 9:37pm On Apr 20
350k can get you a decent device, I deal on Solar Generator or basically Renewable Energy. Below is 1.2kva can comfortably flex all you listed in your apartment. This Solar Inverter with A 200W foldable panel costs N700k

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Have 350k, Can I Install A Single Solar Panel For My Appliances? by omonla5: 9:41pm On Apr 20
BigDickProblems:
Good day guys,

I have 350k set aside for solar installation, and I intend to use it for 2 laptops, 2 Fans and my gadgets. That's all. I don't mind just a solar panel and one battery.

Kindly advise me if this is feasible. If yes, Where can I get this stuff. Thanks.

Contact cooldipo here on nairaland, I'm sure he will work something reliable out for you.
Re: I Have 350k, Can I Install A Single Solar Panel For My Appliances? by Brotherboss: 9:43pm On Apr 20
Skillsnigeria:

If your money can't buy all the materials now, just get a good panel upto 600w or more and controller and install it with a small battery like 40ah. Power all your load from 9am to 6pm and off it. You can power only DC fan and bulb in the night. Later you can save and get a 200ah battery and remove the small 40ah you are using before. That's how I started my own, start small and upgrade as time goes. That's the beauty of solar power

Thanks

Plz what will be the rating of the charge controller for a setup like this that can power the 220ah ba3.
Re: I Have 350k, Can I Install A Single Solar Panel For My Appliances? by psucc(m): 9:45pm On Apr 20
I am interested in this.

Please help with further explanation. I may have to add tv and decoder to my setup, one laptop of 65w though may charge it just once a day or two.

Skillsnigeria:

Re: I Have 350k, Can I Install A Single Solar Panel For My Appliances? by Skillsnigeria: 9:45pm On Apr 20
Re: I Have 350k, Can I Install A Single Solar Panel For My Appliances? by 3kay945(m): 9:49pm On Apr 20
Skillsnigeria:

150w panel - 58k × 4 = 232k
60a pwm charge controller = 30 - 45k
40ah battery = 55k
Pure sine wave inverter = 135k for 1000w.
Solar cable, roof mount accessories plus others if you want to add it. Is the solar engineer that will handle that. You can also install it yourself but it won't look like the one installed by a solar engineer

Thanks, I will save this your quotation for reference. Thanks so much
Re: I Have 350k, Can I Install A Single Solar Panel For My Appliances? by louken(m): 9:49pm On Apr 20
Blaze14k:

The solar gen is mainly for light bulbs, fan and television. You can't use it for fridge and air condition in your house.
What if I buy the one with higher power (over 1000wh)?
Can't it power a fridge of 200w-250w?
Re: I Have 350k, Can I Install A Single Solar Panel For My Appliances? by whatmoreng: 9:50pm On Apr 20
Please give us the spec or type of inverter and the tubular battery. Am very much interested too.

nihinlade:
My Guy 350k is too small.

What you can do to help your self, if you are not totally off grid (meaning that you still usually have power once in a while)

Buy Tubular Battery. One good Tubular Battery should be around 200k, find out how much now.

And buy a good inverter around of around 100k.

Use the remaining 50k to buy wire and run its own outlets and light points. You will still have some change from the 50k.

This is called an inverter system. Charge it with light and generator fully and it can take you 1 or 2 days before it needs recharge with those little appliances. It will reduce fuel consumption.

But you will still need to be recharging with generator if there is no light.

But if you want to stay away from generator for a long time. You need like another 400k to get solar panels and MPPT solar charger.

For example, I just switched on my Generator 3 days ago and that is the first time in 2 months. And it was because that day there was no sunshine and we still put laptop, TV, 4 lightbulbs, 2 fans etc on it.

Since you don't have the money, do inverter system first. Then later look for additional 400k and then connect it to solar system.

In all you will spend around 750k but you can split it into 350k for inverter, continue to use till you have another money for solar charger.

MPPT Solar charger was N155k when I bought. Don't know how much now. Don't buy PWT as someone suggested, you will not like it.

300watt solar panel is around 80k to 90k and you need at least 2. One cannot do it at all.
Re: I Have 350k, Can I Install A Single Solar Panel For My Appliances? by Skillsnigeria: 9:51pm On Apr 20
Re: I Have 350k, Can I Install A Single Solar Panel For My Appliances? by louken(m): 9:52pm On Apr 20
Justinlean02:
350k can get you a decent device, I deal on Solar Generator or basically Renewable Energy. Below is 1.2kva can comfortably flex all you listed in your apartment. This Solar Inverter with A 200W foldable panel costs N700k
What is the capacity of this solar generator
Re: I Have 350k, Can I Install A Single Solar Panel For My Appliances? by Skillsnigeria: 9:53pm On Apr 20
Re: I Have 350k, Can I Install A Single Solar Panel For My Appliances? by samwash(m): 9:53pm On Apr 20
fidelity2014:
Check Salpha Solar Generator online
You can get something affordable within your project .
I have one also

Bro if I may ask, which of the salpha product are you using and how reliable in their Powerflo?
How many hrs does your own take you?
Re: I Have 350k, Can I Install A Single Solar Panel For My Appliances? by AK284(m): 9:54pm On Apr 20
Obviouslyblunt:
not possible anymore in Nigeria of today.

Bro never say something is not possible.
I think the question should be "how"
Re: I Have 350k, Can I Install A Single Solar Panel For My Appliances? by Skillsnigeria: 9:54pm On Apr 20
3kay945:

Thanks, I will save this your quotation for reference. Thanks so much

You're welcome
Re: I Have 350k, Can I Install A Single Solar Panel For My Appliances? by ManuelNate1: 9:54pm On Apr 20
AK284:

No disaster,it will work fine
Can't you see the battery is 100A and believe the OP house is not off grid so once in a while NEPA will still charge am.
I was shocked wen he condemned the quotation.
All this ITKs
Re: I Have 350k, Can I Install A Single Solar Panel For My Appliances? by cunny88(m): 9:56pm On Apr 20
BigDickProblems:
Good day guys,

I have 350k set aside for solar installation, and I intend to use it for 2 laptops, 2 Fans and my gadgets. That's all. I don't mind just a solar panel and one battery.

Kindly advise me if this is feasible. If yes, Where can I get this stuff. Thanks.
Bruh ur budget should be enough. I work from from home and my boss was worried about my productivity, hence I picked up a mobile solar/inverter for 155k, its capable of serving my laptop, a fan and fones for hours. Once its charged full am good to go.

2 Likes

Re: I Have 350k, Can I Install A Single Solar Panel For My Appliances? by Webleonaides(m): 9:59pm On Apr 20
BigDickProblems:
Good day guys,

https://www.nairaland.com/8037069/bluetti-solar-generators-power-stations

Re: I Have 350k, Can I Install A Single Solar Panel For My Appliances? by BigDickProblems: 9:59pm On Apr 20
cunny88:
Bruh ur budget should be enough. I work from from home and my boss was worried about my productivity, hence I picked up a mobile solar/inverter for 155k, its capable of serving my laptop, a fan and fones for hours. Once its charged full am good to go.

Good. I also work from home too. Can I know the name of this mobile solar/inverter you are using and how long does it take for a full charge?
Re: I Have 350k, Can I Install A Single Solar Panel For My Appliances? by louken(m): 10:02pm On Apr 20
Blaze14k:

The solar gen is mainly for light bulbs, fan and television. You can't use it for fridge and air condition in your house.
What if I buy the one with higher power (over 1000wh)? Can't it power fridge?
Re: I Have 350k, Can I Install A Single Solar Panel For My Appliances? by Johncarlo07: 10:09pm On Apr 20
ProjectsCityNG:

Yes. I use two of such

Pls how can I get dis too? I need it for my viewing centre business.
Re: I Have 350k, Can I Install A Single Solar Panel For My Appliances? by McLizbae: 10:13pm On Apr 20
You are wrong! Stop misleading ignorant peps with things you know nothing about. Even 200w monocrystalline panel charges 100 ah ba3 for 10.5 to 14.any full charge in 6-7 hours here
matify83:

Hmmm!

This is going to be a recipe for disaster.

One 250w solar panel at Isc of about 7A on a PWM charge controller will never take that battery to a full Bulk charge of 14.4V.

My guy will definitely have issues in less than 3 months after installation because the battery will sulphate from undercharging.

I will advise op get more funds and set-up something that will be worth the effort. An MPPT charge controller will be most appropriate because of its efficiency.
He will need about 2-3 additional panels for faster charging.

My guy, just invest the 350k and do a good job later.
You are not ready yet

Re: I Have 350k, Can I Install A Single Solar Panel For My Appliances? by cunny88(m): 10:20pm On Apr 20
BigDickProblems:

Good. I also work from home too. Can I know the name of this mobile solar/inverter you are using and how long does it take for a full charge?
Its Sukhig Solar energy storage system. I always avoid posting personal shits because of kids on nairaland. I'll send you a PM.
Re: I Have 350k, Can I Install A Single Solar Panel For My Appliances? by silento(m): 10:25pm On Apr 20
I don't know why Nigerians will always come online to lie to scare others , solar get levels
While most people might be correct that your 300k is too low , but it is not totally true

Let's see

12v 150w solar panel is around 50k for my area anambra state but for Lagos it is way cheaper

You will need just three - so that even when small sunshine your battery is full under 3 hours

3 12v 150w panel 50k*3 = 150k

60A pwm controller this is very important you will learn why in future and based on price of 30a it is foolishness that will make you not buy 60A controller

1 60A pwm controller = 28k

1 pure wave inverter 500watts or even lower like 300watts = 30k lower if you see 300watts

Na here it gets a little dicey

Go for 75a or 100a battery
If you go for 100a depending on location u might need extra 20k to 30k
But for 75a battery you won't need extra money

Remember money for wire and to pay installer , circuit breakers are not included

You 300k will get you a well and able doing solar setup that will work well during the day but not that long for night highest 2 to 3 hours in the night

If you want put to 8hours or more in the future just buy one extra panel and 200a battery and add to the setup and you are good to go

No be AI writeup be this na real life experience I have done years back and still doing it

A picture attached below is one I did last year ending total coz was 550k

4panels , 200a battery, 1k inverter , 60a controller
I buy controller and inverter for AliExpress both didn't even cost up to 60k then na for panel and battery these people take chop me

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Have 350k, Can I Install A Single Solar Panel For My Appliances? by seuncyrus(m): 10:27pm On Apr 20
I got mine for less than than 150k sef
Battery + Free 500W inverter - 75k
80W panel - 25k
Wire - 800/yard - 6yards - 4800
DC fan - 22k
DC bulb - 1500
Re: I Have 350k, Can I Install A Single Solar Panel For My Appliances? by pusapou(m): 10:32pm On Apr 20
Lithium battery which is the best for solar panels installation is 2million( Lagos price). Any oda show is fake Dearest
Re: I Have 350k, Can I Install A Single Solar Panel For My Appliances? by MorataFC: 10:36pm On Apr 20
Blaze14k:
That amount is too little unless you want to purchase solar generator. A good solar generator could cost you about 550k without panel. We also have solar gen of about 300k with panel that will last couple of hours when fully charged. But if you intend buying an invert it will cost you more,, let's say about 900k or more.
can you give more light about this solar Gen
Re: I Have 350k, Can I Install A Single Solar Panel For My Appliances? by Harfisco(m): 10:38pm On Apr 20
deardevil:
I really have been saving up to set up a solar panel in my place which is pocket friendly..... to power my appliances which are laptop, too standing fan, Samsung 42inches tv set and a sound bar.

My plan too, but I don't know who to trust for a considerate charge
Re: I Have 350k, Can I Install A Single Solar Panel For My Appliances? by Abbeytoy(m): 10:41pm On Apr 20
Following this...

I would also like to ask how much to set up solar for myself with the following items.

1 Pumping machine
8 energy saver bulb
1 deep freezer
2 laptop
1 big OX fan
1 small standing fan
And charging of 2 android phones.

Thanks

2 Likes

Re: I Have 350k, Can I Install A Single Solar Panel For My Appliances? by matify83: 10:44pm On Apr 20
McLizbae:
You are wrong! Stop misleading ignorant peps with things you know nothing about. Even 200w monocrystalline panel charges 100 ah ba3 for 10.5 to 14.any full charge in 6-7 hours here

You may just be the one edging op to self destruction.

I'm perplexed that you can say what you just typed.

A PWM charge controller does not have the efficiency of converting excess voltage to charging current like an mppt does.

PWM charge controllers are very poor in charging when devices are used simultaneously unlike mppt chargers.

Also, for the specification @op is requesting for, increasing the voltage or numbers of the panel is a wasted effort because the pwm will reduce it to match the battery voltage and waste the excess hence it's low efficiency.

For op to even use 2-3 panels for a 12v battery on a pwm, they must be connected in parallel to boast current and keep voltage at the level of a single panel or else the pwm will go up in smoke.

With all these considerations, if you still wish @op to go ahead with the obvious "white elephant" project, I wish him safe trip.

I'm totally off grid for 6 years now and I know what's at play here.

6 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Teenager Invents 20-second Mobile Phone Charger. / 5 Nigerian Engineers Manufacture Drone In Akwa Ibom (Photos, video) / Four Astronauts Make History With Spacex Launch

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.