Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,525 members, 7,819,893 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:29 AM

JAMB Sanctions Officials For Asking Female Student To Remove Her Hijab - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / JAMB Sanctions Officials For Asking Female Student To Remove Her Hijab (14197 Views)

UK Female Student Kicks Out Male Nigerian Flatmate For Asking If She's A Virgin / My Daughter Not Allowed To Write JAMB With Her Hijab On - Man Raises Alarm / Bitter Truth About Lady Who Refused To Remove Her Hijab & So Was Denied Admissio (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: JAMB Sanctions Officials For Asking Female Student To Remove Her Hijab by Safyqueen: 10:37am On Apr 22
Samunique:
We're still at this hijab wahala ?

Just a piece of clothe !

It baffles me how the government acted swiftly to the issue of a piece of clothe called hijab, and the same government has refused to do nothing about the killers of Deborah who burnt an innocent girl alive, video-recording it with their faces showing on the camera with such udacity, and nothing would happen attitude . If the government can swiftly act to an issue regarding a piece of some dirty clothes, what happens to lives of the innocent people that have unjustly taken by these same Muslim fanatics??

Is a piece of clothes under which the Muslim terrorists have hidden severally to reck havock by suicide bombings and other security risks worth more than lives unjustly taken ?? undecided

If this what peace is all about in the so called religion of peace, I reject this kind of religion that represents nothing but problems and wars wherever they find themselves with an appreciable population.

How does all this you wrote benefit anyone including yourself?
Cure yourself from chronic Islamaphobic tendencies please.

1 Like

Re: JAMB Sanctions Officials For Asking Female Student To Remove Her Hijab by Holluwhakemmy(f): 10:38am On Apr 22
mosho2good:
*WHO CLOCK 30 DON OLD BUT WHO DIE AT 30 NA SMALL PIKIN. NO LET ANYONE PRESSURE YOU* 🤌

*A FRIEND OF A RICH MAN IS NOT A RICH MAN BUT A FRIEND OF A THIEF IS A THIEF.* REASON AM 🥱

Wise Talk
Re: JAMB Sanctions Officials For Asking Female Student To Remove Her Hijab by ThatFairGuy1: 10:39am On Apr 22
Don't be an educated fool as ur name implies
educatedfool:
what if one muslim center force our girls to wear hijab

we go gree?

1 Like

Re: JAMB Sanctions Officials For Asking Female Student To Remove Her Hijab by Timoleon(m): 10:39am On Apr 22
Emu4life:

No, I won't. I believe in Freedom of Religion and I'm not a Bigot. Neither overzealous

Ok. So you can see that your reaction to that other person was uncalled for. You didn't understand his post yet you took posture for battle. Make we dey calm down.
Re: JAMB Sanctions Officials For Asking Female Student To Remove Her Hijab by compton11(m): 10:40am On Apr 22
FedoraBonwise:
Religion and academic preferences cry
so how hijab affect academy?
Re: JAMB Sanctions Officials For Asking Female Student To Remove Her Hijab by Samunique(m): 10:43am On Apr 22
Safyqueen:

How does all this you wrote benefit anyone including yourself?
Cure yourself from chronic Islamaphobic tendencies please.
Islam Phobia you called it ?

But the sensible people understand that Islam is a very big problem to peaceful existence.

Tell me what's peaceful about this religion?
Re: JAMB Sanctions Officials For Asking Female Student To Remove Her Hijab by ThatFairGuy1: 10:46am On Apr 22
You lack courtesy.
You don't talk ill of whatever that's sacrid to others. Grow
Lomprico2:
If it's the type of hijab that shows her face, then the jamb official over stepped, but if the type that makes them look like masquerade, the jamb official has every right to tell her to remove it.
Re: JAMB Sanctions Officials For Asking Female Student To Remove Her Hijab by healthkknatural: 10:46am On Apr 22
Samunique:

Just a piece of clothe !

It baffles me how the government acted swiftly to the issue of a piece of clothe called hijab, and the same government has refused to do nothing about the killers of Deborah who burnt an innocent girl alive, video-recording it with their faces showing on the camera with such udacity, and nothing would happen attitude . If the government can swiftly act to an issue regarding a piece of some dirty clothes, what happens to lives of the innocent people that have unjustly taken by these same Muslim fanatics??

Is a piece of clothes under which the Muslim terrorists have hidden severally to reck havock by suicide bombings and other security risks worth more than lives unjustly taken ?? undecided

If this what peace is all about in the so called religion of peace, I reject this kind of religion that represents nothing but problems and wars wherever they find themselves with an appreciable population.

. You don't have to be Surprised .

Killing of Christians : No Quick Response..
Re: JAMB Sanctions Officials For Asking Female Student To Remove Her Hijab by Azazyel: 10:50am On Apr 22
Nigeria and religion sha. Dem carry the religion pass the racists wey bring am
Re: JAMB Sanctions Officials For Asking Female Student To Remove Her Hijab by Lomprico2: 10:51am On Apr 22
ThatFairGuy1:
You lack courtesy.
You don't talk ill of whatever that's sacrid to others. Grow

The worst evil are perpetrated under religion. Like I said if it's the type of hijab that covers the whole face then the jamb official is right to ask her to remove it because someone can be impersonated using it. If you are offended by the 'masquerade' statement, I take it back!
Re: JAMB Sanctions Officials For Asking Female Student To Remove Her Hijab by Telltruth123: 10:52am On Apr 22
Timoleon:

It is a question. Would you accept it if an Islamic center decided to force candidates to wear hijab or not use their center?
I put my children in a privat school and the owner of the school said she does not accept hijab in her school and I did not raise issue with her, it is are school.

If you enroll your children in Islamic school and they told you that your female children must wear hijab, you shouldn't have issue with that.
Re: JAMB Sanctions Officials For Asking Female Student To Remove Her Hijab by Timoleon(m): 11:03am On Apr 22
Telltruth123:

I put my children in a privat school and the owner of the school said she does not accept hijab in her school and I did not raise issue with her, it is are school.

If you enroll your children in Islamic school and they told you that your female children must wear hijab, you shouldn't have issue with that.

Jamb is not a private enterprise. The Nigerian constitution guarantees the lady's right to dress like that in public space/event. If a person infringes on that, it is within her right to raise a formal petition against such person or body.

It is different for a private institution. No state has ever bothered to do discussions on hijab or not in private schools, it is not their domain. But for public schools, most states have always dealt with it according to their laws which is informed by the prevailing sentiment in the people of that state.
Re: JAMB Sanctions Officials For Asking Female Student To Remove Her Hijab by mrkia(m): 11:05am On Apr 22
Berra!! You can move to Israel Pissrael if you can't tolerate us donning Hijab
Re: JAMB Sanctions Officials For Asking Female Student To Remove Her Hijab by drerocker: 11:16am On Apr 22
Re: JAMB Sanctions Officials For Asking Female Student To Remove Her Hijab by Benez: 11:27am On Apr 22
Trust that man. He is an Islamic extremist
Re: JAMB Sanctions Officials For Asking Female Student To Remove Her Hijab by Teymanhenry(f): 11:43am On Apr 22
Every lady will begin to put on hijabs to the exam hall. Expo go full everywhere. Naso e de happen for north during normal university n sec school exams
Re: JAMB Sanctions Officials For Asking Female Student To Remove Her Hijab by Faposky95: 11:53am On Apr 22
mosho2good:
*WHO CLOCK 30 DON OLD BUT WHO DIE AT 30 NA SMALL PIKIN. NO LET ANYONE PRESSURE YOU* 🤌

*A FRIEND OF A RICH MAN IS NOT A RICH MAN BUT A FRIEND OF A THIEF IS A THIEF.* REASON AM 🥱

E soro...soji
Re: JAMB Sanctions Officials For Asking Female Student To Remove Her Hijab by AfDapone: 11:54am On Apr 22
smiley
mosho2good:

Re: JAMB Sanctions Officials For Asking Female Student To Remove Her Hijab by GrandFinale2021(m): 12:01pm On Apr 22
mosho2good:

Word.
I greet you boss
Re: JAMB Sanctions Officials For Asking Female Student To Remove Her Hijab by Justiceleague1: 12:06pm On Apr 22
nairalanda1:

Well, with biometrics the way it is, whether the girl wears hijab or not, she would be found out by biometrics.

The staff overreacted there. Simple. Nothing to do with religion. I am not a muslim, I know they got issues, but JAMB did the right thing in apologising.

How can you screen someone adequately with hijab on?
Do they hijab for passport screening?
What if they got expo hidden inside?

Pettiness will be your end in that country

See what a whole jamb leadership is meddling with,shame
Re: JAMB Sanctions Officials For Asking Female Student To Remove Her Hijab by bewla(m): 12:16pm On Apr 22
Emu4life:

Today is Monday, you should be in School attending English Language class.
Yes but who English hep

Ask Bill gate
Mack
Calos slim
Dangote
Bubu
And Tinubu
Ask them for their masters or English certificate
Re: JAMB Sanctions Officials For Asking Female Student To Remove Her Hijab by bewla(m): 12:19pm On Apr 22
Emu4life:

Today is Monday, you should be in School attending English Language class.
After I thief money like Yaya how employee you to help me count

Who English help
Re: JAMB Sanctions Officials For Asking Female Student To Remove Her Hijab by nairalanda1(m): 12:26pm On Apr 22
Justiceleague1:

How can you screen someone adequately with hijab on?
Do they hijab for passport screening?
What if they got expo hidden inside?

Pettiness will be your end in that country

See what a whole jamb leadership is meddling with,shame

Jamb has been using biometrics since 2022.

Especially the fingerprint of the students.

Finger print
Re: JAMB Sanctions Officials For Asking Female Student To Remove Her Hijab by Crownbackhome: 1:01pm On Apr 22
Religion and Education are two Siamese twins that can not be separated
Re: JAMB Sanctions Officials For Asking Female Student To Remove Her Hijab by Orinechi: 1:24pm On Apr 22
Samunique:

Just a piece of clothe !

Nwokem zukwanu Ike
Re: JAMB Sanctions Officials For Asking Female Student To Remove Her Hijab by Banjoramos(m): 1:40pm On Apr 22
Very good move from JAMB, the madness and harassment must stop
Re: JAMB Sanctions Officials For Asking Female Student To Remove Her Hijab by SweetDipBenny(m): 2:36pm On Apr 22
For security reason, and also to make sure you're the person you say you are
Re: JAMB Sanctions Officials For Asking Female Student To Remove Her Hijab by rhames(m): 3:26pm On Apr 22
educatedfool:
what if one muslim center force our girls to wear hijab

we go gree?

Na him be the real Jamb questions

1 Like

Re: JAMB Sanctions Officials For Asking Female Student To Remove Her Hijab by FireUpNow(m): 3:46pm On Apr 22
Jamb said that students cannot enter the hall with rubber bands, necklace, eraser, wrist watch, bracelets, bangles, phones and even plain blank paper. I was like shuoo. A girl was chased home where my brother wrote his Jamb unto indecent dressing. Which kind jamb is this? Jamb officials are going too far.
Re: JAMB Sanctions Officials For Asking Female Student To Remove Her Hijab by joepentwo(m): 4:49pm On Apr 22
Problem no dey finished 😟😟😟
Re: JAMB Sanctions Officials For Asking Female Student To Remove Her Hijab by Jovi10: 5:53pm On Apr 22
Emu4life:

There are girls that are so used to covering themselves (Wholly).
They are so used to it that not covering themselves makes them uncomfortable.
There were some of my female coursemates that I never saw thier faces throughout our stay in the Uni.

Why then will a stranger tell them to uncover thier faces because they want to write exams? What then is the use of Biometric Verification if not to stop impersonation.

Can physical verification stop a Brilliant Twin from writing exams for his/her not so brilliant other?
This is the 21st Century please. The JAMB official is either overzealous or a Bigot

This is the 21st century that's why no one should wear something covering your full face or body to an exam hall. You can't do it in the military or anything military related. You can't even wear it to an office space as a worker, so why should it be allowed in the exam hall?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Gateway Poly Igbesa Admissions 2012/2013 / Unilorin Lecturers To Teach From Homes By 2014 - Registrar / Command Secondary School Result 2017/2018

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.