Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,015 members, 7,817,993 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:32 AM

APC Guber Primary: Ariyomo Congratulates Aiyedatiwa - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / APC Guber Primary: Ariyomo Congratulates Aiyedatiwa (124 Views)

Akeredolu And Aiyedatiwa: When The Going Was Good (picture) / Lucky Aiyedatiwa, Ondo Deputy Governor Moves Against Akeredolu / Ekiti APC Guber Primary: Fayemi Emerges As Governorship Flagbearer (Exit Polls) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

APC Guber Primary: Ariyomo Congratulates Aiyedatiwa by Adeboye80: 9:13am On Apr 22
Engr. Tunji Light Ariyomo, an aspirant who was excluded from the APC Guber primary election due to internal issues between the APC's Election Organising Committee and the National Organising Secretary over extension of sales of forms, has congratulated Hon. Lucky Orimisan Aiyedatiwa, the winner of the 2024 Ondo State APC Governorship primary election.

Ariyomo who paid the required N50 million nomination and expression of interest forms to contest the primary on Friday the 5th of April 2024 was however never screened alongside the others as the office of the National Organising Secretary did not acknowledge the 2-day extension despite the press statement issued to proclaim same by Felix Morka, the party’s spokesperson, who announced the extension on Thursday 4th of April 2024 in a published statement which is yet to be retracted.

When asked if he would sue the party over the exclusion, Ariyomo responded that "not at all. Suing is out of it. I, Olatunji Ariyomo, will not obstruct a process that has been successfully concluded"

"Rather, I congratulate the winner, Hon. Aiyedatiwa. I also commend other aspirants for their doggedness".

He added that "The incumbent Governor, Lucky Aiyedatiwa has won this round in every department of the game. The party should reconcile and forge ahead to be able to win the general election. That's the next stage".

Ariyomo further explained that "I concede that we are not practicing American type direct primary yet. That's the dream of people like me. I also concede that we can't get their type of outcome from our type of processes. But everybody on that ballot that day also knew these facts. So, I plead for understanding and the reconciliation of those that are aggrieved. November is just by the corner".

Re: APC Guber Primary: Ariyomo Congratulates Aiyedatiwa by vernakuhlman: 10:23am On Apr 22
In order to win the general election, the party needs to come together. The following step is this one. gorilla tag
Re: APC Guber Primary: Ariyomo Congratulates Aiyedatiwa by nairavsdollars(f): 10:52am On Apr 22
Tunji Light. The good man Akeredolu betrayed

(1) (Reply)

Soludo An Enemy Of Journalists In Anambra --- NUJ Chairman / Lagos Uncovers 86 Under-bridge Apartments Where Tenants Pay N250,000 Rent / Breaking: One Killed As Gunmen Attack Nuhu Bamalli Polytechnic, Kidnap Students,

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.