Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,760 members, 7,817,102 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:36 AM

Nigeria's Economy In The Last 15 Years. - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria's Economy In The Last 15 Years. (26390 Views)

Obasanjo: Boko Haram Crisis Could Last 15 More Years / Nigeria Beats South Africa, Others As 2018 Best Economy In Africa / Nigeria Economy Rated Best In Africa By Forbes-see Link (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria's Economy In The Last 15 Years. by Antoeni(m): 9:41am On Apr 22
Buhari Was a Complete Error,Disaster & Misfortune to Nigeria & Nigerians, The Dummy Took Nigeria & Nigerians 20 years Backward
Re: Nigeria's Economy In The Last 15 Years. by Anonimoux: 9:41am On Apr 22
Even after how many years since independence with a large population of 200+ Million People Nigeria cannot even boast of a GDP of $1 Trillion USD with at least a GDP Per Capita Income of $5,000 USD. I dey shame for this country honestly.

Countries with less population have much higher GDP and Per Capita Income with a high export.

S.m.h. for this country sha

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigeria's Economy In The Last 15 Years. by Hezmatosky: 9:41am On Apr 22
GEJ was lucky to meet a booming economy, he flopped. PMB, worked first tenure and flopped second tenure. Hmmmmm abeg make I stop here first angry

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria's Economy In The Last 15 Years. by phemray(m): 9:42am On Apr 22
Racoon:
This should clear the doubts of all especially the mummified zombies hailing a government that have destroyed every progress including economic that this nation has ever made.

2024 @ 1st quarter or the whole year? What was other government economy at each quarter?
Re: Nigeria's Economy In The Last 15 Years. by obinna58(m): 9:42am On Apr 22
At this rate we need another savior Jesus Christ
Re: Nigeria's Economy In The Last 15 Years. by CountinBlessins(m): 9:42am On Apr 22
Paraman:
It's expected to fall after we devalued our currency twice.

I will love to see the GDP in naira for the last 15 years.

Egypt was ahead of south Africa before, but after devaluing their currency, the SA took over the Egyptian position

If you have nothing to say close your mouth and go read your books.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria's Economy In The Last 15 Years. by AMI3(m): 9:42am On Apr 22
The fact is that many have resorted into prayers.

We keep doing the wrong thing expecting different results.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's Economy In The Last 15 Years. by Anonimoux: 9:43am On Apr 22
Racoon:
Is the nation bench mark in naira or dollar? Always rationalising cluelessness, ineptitude and Incompetency. Guess the naira has gained, so why is every economic indices not speaking well for the nation? Simple reason is the lack of economic intelligence of those managing the economy
exactly they are too economically daft for my liking and I sometimes began to wonder if they have ever opened an economic textbook before..

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria's Economy In The Last 15 Years. by TGreatGatsby: 9:43am On Apr 22
Tinupu once said Na statistics we go chop?

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's Economy In The Last 15 Years. by SalamRushdie: 9:43am On Apr 22
The difference is clear
Re: Nigeria's Economy In The Last 15 Years. by PHIPEX(m): 9:44am On Apr 22
We now know who is clueless, this is exactly what happens when you hand over a good business to a dunce to manage. They will always have 1001 reasons for failure, if possible they will even blame God.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria's Economy In The Last 15 Years. by Faposky95: 9:44am On Apr 22
Paraman:

Egypt was ahead of south Africa before, but after devaluing their currency, the SA took over the Egyptian position

This is not the Naija classroom fit only for 1st position carriers.
This is real economics......
The many W questions awaiting answers

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria's Economy In The Last 15 Years. by Procashtips(m): 9:45am On Apr 22
Let's not whitewash Jonathan here.

His govt was cooking beans for us if you understand what that means in Finance. We also earned the highest under him when it comes to crude oil.

We were also not under any world pandemic or anything of such.

Tinubu is surely going to be worst.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria's Economy In The Last 15 Years. by victorVIC1(m): 9:45am On Apr 22
I would like to see the statistics in Yar'Adua's administration cos to me we've barely had any good leadership after him

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria's Economy In The Last 15 Years. by Anonimoux: 9:46am On Apr 22
Beverlyjean:
We had Jonathan that was progressing the nation...but the SW and North combined to destroy us... SW used propaganda with pure undiluted lies while North used insecurity...look at where we have found ourselves today
honestly its painful 😣. Nigeria started declining rapidly in late 2015/ early 2016.

Things haven't been so bad in Nigeria that people would be finding it difficult to feed. That year I was schooling I was always able to feed well by buying a rubber of beans for ₦500 until 2018/2019 when everything started going from bad to worse.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria's Economy In The Last 15 Years. by Trueprophet91: 9:46am On Apr 22
Racoon:

TheCableIndex

Na so.
APC na one chance!

Beverlyjean:
We had Jonathan that was progressing the nation...but the SW and North combined to destroy us... SW used propaganda with pure undiluted lies while North used insecurity...look at where we have found ourselves today

They'll soon call you a wailer or a sore looser.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria's Economy In The Last 15 Years. by Procashtips(m): 9:46am On Apr 22
Tonididdyx:
Pmb was not a president, it's an insult to past presidentials

Even with low crude prices and covid pandemic, he still kept our economy that high?

Please, stick to what you know.

Agbado is about to teach you what cluelessness stand for.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria's Economy In The Last 15 Years. by AkpaMgbor(m): 9:47am On Apr 22
Nigerians are not victims of bad governance, they are all enablers. In what fvcked up universe does someone chose buhari over a Jonathan with okonjo, Barth nnaji and Adeshina as his ministers? Lunatics the lot of them!

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria's Economy In The Last 15 Years. by Anonimoux: 9:47am On Apr 22
Antoeni:
Buhari Was a Complete Error,Disaster & Misfortune to Nigeria & Nigerians, The Dummy To Nigeria & Nigerians 20 years Backward
honestly. He had no clue about anything.
Re: Nigeria's Economy In The Last 15 Years. by Bayajjidda: 9:47am On Apr 22
From Largest economy to shambolic economy.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria's Economy In The Last 15 Years. by Chickensoup: 9:47am On Apr 22
Racoon:
Is the nation's economic bench mark in naira or dollar? Always rationalising cluelessness, ineptitude and Incompetency. Guess the naira has gained, so why is every economic indices not speaking well for the nation? Simple reason is the lack of economic intelligence of those managing the economy
Buhari's administration left naira at N700 to $1. Tinubu took it to N1500 to $1 and now that it's N1100 to $1 you are saying his administration is doing well. Who took our exchange rate to four digits in the first place? You can only say an administration is doing well when they surpass past administration.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria's Economy In The Last 15 Years. by Procashtips(m): 9:47am On Apr 22
Antoeni:
Buhari Was a Complete Error,Disaster & Misfortune to Nigeria & Nigerians, The Dummy To Nigeria & Nigerians 20 years Backward

How?
Re: Nigeria's Economy In The Last 15 Years. by PHIPEX(m): 9:48am On Apr 22
Hezmatosky:
GEJ was lucky to meet a booming economy, he flopped. PMB, worked first tenure and flopped second tenure. Hmmmmm abeg make I stop here first angry
Jonathan met booming economy from who? Why are you stopping at Buhari?

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's Economy In The Last 15 Years. by Anonimoux: 9:48am On Apr 22
CountinBlessins:
Tty
Id you have nothing to say close your mtouth and go read your books.
gbam
Re: Nigeria's Economy In The Last 15 Years. by RisenObinna: 9:49am On Apr 22
KEVIND:
Buhari borrowed away the present & future generations of Nigerians.
Tinubu is really trying to navigate & steady the ship Buhari wrecked.
Buhari totally destroyed Nigeria with senseless borrowing, looting & massive embezzlement of the country
;
grin grin

When Buhari was there, you blamed Jonathan.

Now that failure Tinubu is there, you have shifted the blame to Buhari grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria's Economy In The Last 15 Years. by Procashtips(m): 9:49am On Apr 22
Hezmatosky:

Covid dealt with us during his second tenure.

Low oil price affected his first tenure but he still kept us afloat.

Alot of people seems to have short memory.

Nigeria earned what we have never earned before under Jonathan but most was wasted.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's Economy In The Last 15 Years. by Brendaniel: 9:49am On Apr 22
KEVIND:
Buhari borrowed away the present & future generations of Nigerians.
Tinubu is really trying to navigate & steady the ship Buhari wrecked.
Buhari totally destroyed Nigeria with senseless borrowing, looting & massive embezzlement of the country

And the same Tinubu supported him for 8 years to destroy Nigeria....

Who are you trying to deceive?

You and Tinubu can only deceive yourselves...

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria's Economy In The Last 15 Years. by Antoeni(m): 9:50am On Apr 22
Dooms like Buhari, May GEJ Find a Place in Heart to Forgive Nigerians

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria's Economy In The Last 15 Years. by Anonimoux: 9:51am On Apr 22
victorVIC1:
I would like to see the statistics in Yar'Adua's administration cos to me we've barely had any good leadership after him
Yar'Adua demise pained me deeply. The only good president Nigeria have had in the last couple of years but he didn't last. Too painful 😳😠

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria's Economy In The Last 15 Years. by Kukutenla: 9:51am On Apr 22
Paraman:

There's always an excuse for failure
If you devalue your currency? How does that drop your GDP if it does not affect manufacturing of goods and services?

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria's Economy In The Last 15 Years. by Paraman: 9:52am On Apr 22
Racoon:
Is the nation's economic bench mark in naira or dollar?
The only reason we're presently in the 4th position is because the naira was devalued
Re: Nigeria's Economy In The Last 15 Years. by nairalanda1(m): 9:52am On Apr 22
PHIPEX:
Jonathan met booming economy from who? Why are you stopping at Buhari?

GEJ met oil prices rising, and a low debt thanks to Obasanjo getting us debt forgieveness.

By the time he left, oil prices were going down with our economy

This is not to defend APC. APC was given the tool box to respond to the falling economy. Instead they did their own thing. Here we are.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

US Secretary Of State, Blinken, Arrives Nigeria, Visits Aso Villa / 2023: I Will Consult My Constituency Before I Resign – Ngige On Buhari’s Order / Buhari Was Not Removed When He Presented Replacement GCE Full Of Errors - Omokri

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.