Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,012 members, 7,817,981 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:35 AM

After Promising New Petrol Price, NNPCL Moves To Make Cooking Gas Cheaper - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / After Promising New Petrol Price, NNPCL Moves To Make Cooking Gas Cheaper (27872 Views)

Market Forces Responsible For Hike In Fuel Pump Price - NNPCL GMD, Kyari / Dangote, PH Refineries, Others Won’t Change Fuel Price – NNPCL / NLC Rejects New Petrol Pump Price (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

After Promising New Petrol Price, NNPCL Moves To Make Cooking Gas Cheaper by Great100000: 12:04pm On Apr 23
After Promising New Petrol Price, NNPCL Moves To Make Cooking Gas Cheaper, Launches New Project.

NNPCL has announced the launch of a new LPG project that will help make cooking gas available

The company said it plans to launch the LPG project in at least 12 different states across the country

The project is expected to make cooking gas affordable, especially for residents of rural communities

The Nigerian National Petroleum Company Limited (NNPCL) has unveiled its new LPG Micro Filling Plant in Nasarawa State.

The plant is expected to help make cooking gas available and affordable for Nigerians in rural areas.

Speaking about the project, Aisha Birma, the Head of External Relations at NNPCL, who led the company’s team on a courtesy call at the Government House in Lafia, disclosed that the LPG micro filling plant will be launched in 12 more states across the country as part of the pilot program.

She explained that Nasarawa State was selected to be the state to launch and kickstart the project.

She said:

“We have 12 states as the pilot states, but we are starting with Nasarawa State because of the enormous resources you have here and the potentials."

NNPCL explains the project

Jibunoh Sabastin, Manager of LPG Sales NNPC Retail Limited, also explained that the Micro Filling Plants will be deployed to the hinterland, especially in less developed communities, to introduce the use of cooking gas instead of cutting down trees and using energy that is not safe.

He said:

"Our goal is to introduce this technology to areas where there is limited awareness of using gas for cooking.

"NNPC has a sufficient gas supply to reach remote areas. This initiative aims to ensure that even people in remote regions, regardless of their economic status, can access affordable gas for cooking."

Cheaper fuel coming to Nigeria

Earlier, Legit.ng reported that Nigerians will soon be able to buy cheaper fuel as the Port Harcourt refinery is getting closer to beginning operations while oil marketers wait patiently

There is optimism that when the refinery finally starts releasing products, it will help reduce fuel prices to N500 per litre.

The Dangote Refinery has already begun reducing the diesel price from N1,700 to N1,000 per litre.

https://www.legit.ng/business-economy/energy/1588990-after-promising-crash-petrol-price-nnpc-launches-company-cooking-gas-affordable/

9 Likes 5 Shares

Re: After Promising New Petrol Price, NNPCL Moves To Make Cooking Gas Cheaper by Seefinish: 12:08pm On Apr 23
No celebration until I see and buy cheap cooking gas

116 Likes 10 Shares

Re: After Promising New Petrol Price, NNPCL Moves To Make Cooking Gas Cheaper by MrColdsweat: 12:09pm On Apr 23
Promises upon promises.

75 Likes 5 Shares

Re: After Promising New Petrol Price, NNPCL Moves To Make Cooking Gas Cheaper by slaawomirr: 1:05pm On Apr 23
Damnnn niggar

Tinubu's administration is just failing

Filled my 12kg yesterday for 15600 naira

Meaning a kg is 1300 naira
The hardship is getting too much
Even we the keyboard warriors dey feel the hardship

Not to talk of other people..my lexus I never drive am for almost one week. Man broke...the keyboarding dey hard the more. I log on to my pof account yesterday I see them don log me out say make I do face verification..i shock

81 Likes 5 Shares

Re: After Promising New Petrol Price, NNPCL Moves To Make Cooking Gas Cheaper by MarveworldG: 1:05pm On Apr 23
May God/Allah take charge of the affairs of our country.

Let's desîgn your home intėriórs, we are in Port Harcouřț, Lagós and Abůja.
+234 811- 9 8 9 64-72

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: After Promising New Petrol Price, NNPCL Moves To Make Cooking Gas Cheaper by Ebukamatth(m): 1:06pm On Apr 23
Re: After Promising New Petrol Price, NNPCL Moves To Make Cooking Gas Cheaper by Emma09(m): 1:06pm On Apr 23
Wittyness! Believe these people at ur own peril.

7 Likes

Re: After Promising New Petrol Price, NNPCL Moves To Make Cooking Gas Cheaper by stano2(m): 1:06pm On Apr 23
They better do, moreover if was cheaper, so this shouldn’t be an achievement.
Re: After Promising New Petrol Price, NNPCL Moves To Make Cooking Gas Cheaper by Offpoint1: 1:06pm On Apr 23
Will it go back to N200 ?

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: After Promising New Petrol Price, NNPCL Moves To Make Cooking Gas Cheaper by Houseofglam7(f): 1:08pm On Apr 23
🫤
Re: After Promising New Petrol Price, NNPCL Moves To Make Cooking Gas Cheaper by ecomalchemistt(m): 1:08pm On Apr 23
How much be fuel now

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: After Promising New Petrol Price, NNPCL Moves To Make Cooking Gas Cheaper by tiswell(m): 1:08pm On Apr 23
All na still audio

12 Likes

Re: After Promising New Petrol Price, NNPCL Moves To Make Cooking Gas Cheaper by Gbajabiamila1: 1:08pm On Apr 23
E patewo fun Tinubu.

3 Likes

Re: After Promising New Petrol Price, NNPCL Moves To Make Cooking Gas Cheaper by Queengee: 1:08pm On Apr 23
The difference will be mere 50# lesser

Nonsense government

6 Likes

Re: After Promising New Petrol Price, NNPCL Moves To Make Cooking Gas Cheaper by EmmaLege: 1:08pm On Apr 23
Hmm
Re: After Promising New Petrol Price, NNPCL Moves To Make Cooking Gas Cheaper by Oyira(m): 1:09pm On Apr 23
This is a welcome news. Let them follow it up to avoid saboteurs.
Re: After Promising New Petrol Price, NNPCL Moves To Make Cooking Gas Cheaper by CrossRhodes: 1:09pm On Apr 23
Seefinish:

No celebration until I see and buy cheap cooking gas
Simple as that...
We can't keep living on promises.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: After Promising New Petrol Price, NNPCL Moves To Make Cooking Gas Cheaper by Creamypie(m): 1:09pm On Apr 23
Them don use mouth make life easy. Chai APC. Them.increase price from 250 to 1300, cone reduce it to 1,250 as development. Its like somebody duping u 6 billion naira and later refunding 500 thousand naira to compensate u, and some house members applaud them. Nigerian are psychologically dead

36 Likes 7 Shares

Re: After Promising New Petrol Price, NNPCL Moves To Make Cooking Gas Cheaper by athaboi(f): 1:09pm On Apr 23
This shameless APC may think that everyone is as daft as their supporters...they keep promising nonsense with nothing to show, absolutely nothing to show! Shameless people

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: After Promising New Petrol Price, NNPCL Moves To Make Cooking Gas Cheaper by Charly68: 1:09pm On Apr 23
our economy will witness innovations and dynamism that will bring good competition very soon.

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: After Promising New Petrol Price, NNPCL Moves To Make Cooking Gas Cheaper by ignis: 1:10pm On Apr 23
APC are dealing with Nigerians

11 Likes

Re: After Promising New Petrol Price, NNPCL Moves To Make Cooking Gas Cheaper by phorget(m): 1:11pm On Apr 23
This people should just stop promising, they should get to work and make it happen.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: After Promising New Petrol Price, NNPCL Moves To Make Cooking Gas Cheaper by Barcalee: 1:11pm On Apr 23
Rumours and promises of petrol price reduction. This explains why filling stations in my area have refused to load fuel and the ones that have sell between 700,750&780 per liter. God dey

4 Likes

Re: After Promising New Petrol Price, NNPCL Moves To Make Cooking Gas Cheaper by tobenuel(m): 1:11pm On Apr 23
slaawomirr:
Damnnn niggar

Tinubu's administration is just failing

Filled my 12kg yesterday for 15600 naira

Meaning a kg is 1300 naira
The hardship is getting too much
Even we the keyboard warriors dey feel the hardship

Not to talk of other people
you sef dey cook?

abi na to call Esosa to come over, come handle some duties

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: After Promising New Petrol Price, NNPCL Moves To Make Cooking Gas Cheaper by GloriousGbola: 1:11pm On Apr 23
The problem with lpg is not the distribution network. It is the rate at which it is being sold. As a matter of fact, the price of lpg actually rose when demand for lpg to power generators rose. So increasing the distribution network and potentially the demand for lpg is not going to reduce the price, no more than building several new petrol stations would drop the price of pms.

Nothing to see here

1 Like

Re: After Promising New Petrol Price, NNPCL Moves To Make Cooking Gas Cheaper by Jamiubond009(m): 1:12pm On Apr 23
grin
Re: After Promising New Petrol Price, NNPCL Moves To Make Cooking Gas Cheaper by DMerciful(m): 1:12pm On Apr 23
Have they made it cheaper?
Re: After Promising New Petrol Price, NNPCL Moves To Make Cooking Gas Cheaper by Hezzyluv: 1:12pm On Apr 23
Good
Re: After Promising New Petrol Price, NNPCL Moves To Make Cooking Gas Cheaper by ceejay80s(m): 1:13pm On Apr 23
Nonsense

1 Like 1 Share

Re: After Promising New Petrol Price, NNPCL Moves To Make Cooking Gas Cheaper by datola: 1:14pm On Apr 23
Needed
Re: After Promising New Petrol Price, NNPCL Moves To Make Cooking Gas Cheaper by qualitymart: 1:15pm On Apr 23
Lemme manage my tank till dem change pump price

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Saraki In Maiduguri, To Visit IDP Camps (Photos) / Ondo: Dignitaries, Residents Pay Last Respects To Akeredolu / Jonathan's Campaign Billboard Burnt In Abuja After Poll Shift

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.