Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,901 members, 7,817,664 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:42 PM

MRS Reduces Diesel Price To ₦‎1,050 - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / MRS Reduces Diesel Price To ₦‎1,050 (14492 Views)

Diesel Price May Hit N1,500/litre, 75% Filling Stations Closed – Marketers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

MRS Reduces Diesel Price To ₦‎1,050 by Paraman: 6:00am On Apr 25
MRS Oil Plc has slashed the price of Automotive Gas Oil popularly known as diesel to N1,050 per litre across its outlets nationwide.

This was disclosed in a flier prepared by the oil firm now trending online.

The slash in price from as high as N1,700 in some filling stations last month was said to be in response to the recent decision of Dangote Petroleum Refinery to further slash the price of the commodity.

In the flier, the management of the oil firm urged members of the public to report any of its outlets found selling the community higher than the stipulated price.

“We are now selling AGO at all MRS retail outlets in Nigeria at N1050 per litre.

“Any station not selling at this price, please report to customer service or whistleblower,” the message read.

Dangote crashes prices

The Dangote Petroleum Refinery had on Tuesday, announced a further reduction in the prices of diesel and aviation fuel to N940/litre and N980/litre, respectively

On April 17, The PUNCH reported that the Dangote refinery listened to the calls of oil marketers regarding a reduction in the price of diesel, as the refinery reduced the cost of the commodity from N1,200/litre to N1,000/litre.

On Tuesday, the multi-billion dollar facility announced a further reduction in the price of AGO but noted that the change was only applicable to dealers purchasing up to five million litres of diesel and above.

“The price change of N940 applies to customers buying five million litres and above from the refinery, while the price of N970 is for customers buying one million litres and above,” the firm stated in a statement issued by its spokesperson, Anthony Chiejina.

He explained that the new price aligned with the company’s commitment to cushion the effect of the economic hardship in Nigeria.

“I can confirm to you that Dangote Petroleum Refinery has entered a strategic partnership with MRS oil and gas stations to ensure that consumers get to buy fuel at affordable prices in all their stations, be it Lagos or Maiduguri.

“You can buy as low as one litre of diesel at N1,050 and aviation fuel at N980 at all major airports where MRS operates,” Chiejina stated.

He further noted that the partnership would be extended to other major oil marketers.

“The essence of this is to ensure that retail buyers do not buy at exorbitant prices. The Dangote Group is committed to ensuring that Nigerians have better welfare, and as such, we are happy to announce these new prices.

“We hope that it would go a long way to cushion the effect of economic challenges in the country,” the spokesperson for the refinery stated.

The management of Dangote Petroleum Refinery announced a reduction in the price of diesel from N1200 to N1,000/litre less than two weeks ago.

Tuesday’s price slash marked the third major reduction in diesel prices in less than three weeks. The product sold for N1,700/litre about a month ago but was reduced to N1,200/litre by Dangote Refinery.

The facility also carried out a further reduction in the cost of AGO to N1,000/litre before the latest slash to N940/litre. It puts aviation fuel from the plant at N980/litre.

President Bola Tinubu had also commended the refinery for the initial price reduction, describing it as an enterprising feat.

https://punchng.com/mrs-slashes-diesel-price-to-n1050/?utm_source=telegram&utm_medium=social

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: MRS Reduces Diesel Price To ₦‎1,050 by helinues: 6:02am On Apr 25
Another good news to start my day.

Yeepsy

grin

102 Likes 4 Shares

Re: MRS Reduces Diesel Price To ₦‎1,050 by AqualinaXYZ: 6:06am On Apr 25
helinues:
Another good news to start my day.

Yeepsy

grin

Which Mumu goodnews

Una say na N1000 four days ago

Yesterday una say na N940

Today e don enter N1,050 and you call that goodnews

Dey deceive una sef with Ian useless president

61 Likes 2 Shares

Re: MRS Reduces Diesel Price To ₦‎1,050 by fuckJones(f): 6:07am On Apr 25
Peter Obi, What Is a Male-Girl Child? Is That a New Gender? Are You Referring To Transgenders?

97 Likes

Re: MRS Reduces Diesel Price To ₦‎1,050 by helinues: 6:10am On Apr 25
AqualinaXYZ:

Which Mumu goodnews

Please, please and please.

We engage only those who celebrate good news not those who get bitter and frustrated for reading same good news

Know your mates to dey engage with

Thank you

176 Likes 7 Shares

Re: MRS Reduces Diesel Price To ₦‎1,050 by Richtaiwo: 6:12am On Apr 25
Reno is still holding them by their neck. As soon as he free them, they will run to come flood this place with tears.

39 Likes 2 Shares

Re: MRS Reduces Diesel Price To ₦‎1,050 by Urheadmaster(m): 6:13am On Apr 25
cool

Agbadorians love suffering and smiling sha tongue

16 Likes

Re: MRS Reduces Diesel Price To ₦‎1,050 by Richtaiwo: 6:13am On Apr 25
AqualinaXYZ:

Which Mumu goodnews

Someone said and I quote: "Half education is more dangerous than total Ignorance". I just saw a good example.

97 Likes 4 Shares

Re: MRS Reduces Diesel Price To ₦‎1,050 by Bobloco: 6:14am On Apr 25
helinues:

Please, please and please.

We engage only those who celebrate good news not those who get bitter and frustrated for reading same good news

Know your mates to dey engage with

Thank you

How much was the price of a liter of diesel on May 29, 2023, the very day Tinubu was sworn in as president of Nigeria?

30 Likes

Re: MRS Reduces Diesel Price To ₦‎1,050 by olarent: 6:15am On Apr 25
Noted

1 Like

Re: MRS Reduces Diesel Price To ₦‎1,050 by helinues: 6:15am On Apr 25
Bobloco:

How much was the price of a liter of diesel on May 29, 2023, the very day Tinubu was sworn in as president of Nigeria? 

Please no dey ask me dumbo question.

O se ara kutukutu.

The good news already brighten my day, carry the dulling question elsewhere

79 Likes

Re: MRS Reduces Diesel Price To ₦‎1,050 by Richtaiwo: 6:16am On Apr 25
Bobloco:

You can go ahead to insult shit out of Dangote for not selling at N100/litre.

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: MRS Reduces Diesel Price To ₦‎1,050 by Umueme: 6:16am On Apr 25
Nice one

4 Likes

Re: MRS Reduces Diesel Price To ₦‎1,050 by victorVIC1(m): 6:16am On Apr 25
Good news. You can only imagine the outcome if there is competition in the refinery sector

8 Likes

Re: MRS Reduces Diesel Price To ₦‎1,050 by duro4chang(m): 6:16am On Apr 25
Enemies will be sad today. They don't like to hear good news about Nigeria. Bingos, you go cry taya

98 Likes 2 Shares

Re: MRS Reduces Diesel Price To ₦‎1,050 by olarent: 6:17am On Apr 25
But when last do I see Mrs, it's should be for all filling station.

1 Like

Re: MRS Reduces Diesel Price To ₦‎1,050 by Osiris12: 6:17am On Apr 25
Urheadmaster:
cool

Agbadorians love suffering and smiling sha tongue
na their motto

Suffer
Smile
Blame past leaders

5 Likes

Re: MRS Reduces Diesel Price To ₦‎1,050 by Macphenson: 6:18am On Apr 25
pop
Re: MRS Reduces Diesel Price To ₦‎1,050 by Skty: 6:18am On Apr 25
Lies these reduction are always on paper and blogs. But not in real life. I'm going to the market now over rice reduction! And then MRS filling station to confirm this their audio reduction. Batidiots are always living in fools paradise.

3 Likes

Re: MRS Reduces Diesel Price To ₦‎1,050 by helinues: 6:18am On Apr 25
duro4chang:
Enemies will be sad today. They don't like to hear good news about Nigeria. Bingos, you go cry taya

They are already here. Getting sad about the development of Nigeria don dey become their traditions.

Meanwhile Abi na meanwhilly self, Dem go all dey alive to witness the progress and development of Nigeria..

That one too sure like baba Ijebu

51 Likes 1 Share

Re: MRS Reduces Diesel Price To ₦‎1,050 by duro4chang(m): 6:18am On Apr 25
Enemies of the country are not happy. They always want to hear bad news about Nigeria. Bingos are already crying

7 Likes

Re: MRS Reduces Diesel Price To ₦‎1,050 by allanphash7(m): 6:19am On Apr 25
Why don't you want better life for Nigeria?

Or do you just enjoy trolling the guy you mentioned?

You always sounds bitter whenever there's a good development in our country 9ja

Maybe I don't understand your comments sometimes
AqualinaXYZ:

Which Mumu goodnews

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: MRS Reduces Diesel Price To ₦‎1,050 by Dpharisee: 6:19am On Apr 25
fuckJones:
Peter Obi, What Is a Male-Girl Child? Is That a New Gender? Are You Referring To Transgenders?
Even for diesel you are calling his name, Peter Obi lives rent free in some people's head cheesy

3 Likes

Re: MRS Reduces Diesel Price To ₦‎1,050 by Livingstone124: 6:19am On Apr 25
NEXT is fuel, crushed the price to #250 per liter then BAT won me over.

5 Likes

Re: MRS Reduces Diesel Price To ₦‎1,050 by inoki247: 6:19am On Apr 25
Old stock don finish for dem shocked

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: MRS Reduces Diesel Price To ₦‎1,050 by Usmanovic95(m): 6:20am On Apr 25
Can't we have a uniform price?
Re: MRS Reduces Diesel Price To ₦‎1,050 by Olachase(m): 6:20am On Apr 25
Livingstone124:
NEXT is fuel, crushed the price to #250 per liter then BAT won me over.
the one that won you over what is he benefiting from you

Awon Oni yeye,😏😏😏

2 Likes

Re: MRS Reduces Diesel Price To ₦‎1,050 by Skty: 6:20am On Apr 25
duro4chang:

Mumuni raised to power one hundred. This was how u guys brought rumors of reduction of cement last year,the person deny am. APC said they reduced rice and beans, I go market yesterday and told market women, see as them nearly fight me. U be real ozuuor....at the end of the day na audio reduction. As we are talking, now dollar don increase to #1300 for dollar. Ur 🦇 has no education to rule Nigeria. QED. You cannot give what you don't have.

3 Likes

Re: MRS Reduces Diesel Price To ₦‎1,050 by Bobloco: 6:20am On Apr 25
Richtaiwo:

You can go ahead to insult shit out of Dangote for not selling at N100/litre.

It's obvious you lack capacity to comprehend simple and precise english

Please, I don't engage individual's with mental health issues.
I relate with individuals with sound mental health

4 Likes

Re: MRS Reduces Diesel Price To ₦‎1,050 by PortHarcourtcit(m): 6:21am On Apr 25
GBAJUE'S go think say na, MR and MRS... angry grin shocked

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: MRS Reduces Diesel Price To ₦‎1,050 by Hoelujohn: 6:21am On Apr 25
AqualinaXYZ:

Which Mumu goodnews

The price is for marketers not end users

3 Likes

Re: MRS Reduces Diesel Price To ₦‎1,050 by superCleanworks(m): 6:22am On Apr 25
good

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Business Activities Return To Baga Town Following Boko Haram Defeat(photos) / I’ve Spent N200m Of My Personal Money To Run For President - Kingsley Moghalu / To Enjoy 50% Fare Slash, Travellers Must Show Their PVC, Says NURTW

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.