Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,584 members, 7,820,110 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:55 AM

Bet9ja Confirms N3m As Settlement For Lukman - Sports (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Bet9ja Confirms N3m As Settlement For Lukman (65504 Views)

BetNaija: Lukman Teriba Won ₦16.7M With ₦1,000 Gets Only ₦3M, Cries Out (Photo) / FIFA Confirms Super Eagles As Youngest Squad During 2018 W/cup Qualifiers / Daily Free Bet9ja Booking Codes From Baba (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bet9ja Confirms N3m As Settlement For Lukman by Diligence: 6:13pm On Apr 25
The said agreement was null & void ab initio. Kinda Duties (they exploited his condition). It's not the customer's fault. Pay him his complete winnings & go get your money from your cashier & her boyfriend!

NEKWANUO! MAKE UNA SEE-O!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bet9ja Confirms N3m As Settlement For Lukman by kiddkash(m): 6:13pm On Apr 25
slaawomirr:
Damnnn niggar

This story nor clear

If na the cashier fault unto she connive with her boyfriend to play a fast one on the the owner of the ticket

Why bet9ja dey compensate the owner of the ticket with 3 million

Shebi the matter go dey between the cashier and the owner of the ticket...why the owner of ticket and bet9ja go dey reach agreement of 3million

Exactly the same games played twice can never have the same ticked ID.
Bet9ja are liars

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Bet9ja Confirms N3m As Settlement For Lukman by kiddkash(m): 6:15pm On Apr 25
Jogs1900:
That's a big fraud...Bet9ja office (the agent) that gave the approval should be held for negligence of duty...There should be a verifiable means to know the actual owners of winning tickets.
They even lured him sworn to affidavit to protect the fraudsters "That I have settled with the defendant amicably"
This scam no be small o
They said they played the same ticket and cash out, two tickets of the same teams can never have same ticket ID
Re: Bet9ja Confirms N3m As Settlement For Lukman by ordovicianonly(f): 6:16pm On Apr 25
Anything betting is scam ,how are we sure the bet company or agent don’t know about the runs the cashier did . You will play with your hard earned money and lose and if you are fortunate to win after several attempts they will still look for a way not to pay in full with stories . He should sue the company (bet9ja ) for negligence cos the error is from their end not from the players end . He played and he won and he have an original ticket to prove that . So which one is 3 million they are paying him for 16.7m Naira that he won ? They now made him sign an undertaking/affidavit that the final payment is 3 million when he was supposed to be fully paid 16.7 m
Re: Bet9ja Confirms N3m As Settlement For Lukman by kiddkash(m): 6:16pm On Apr 25
shoodboi2:
This is a stain to Bet9ja. If the dude won a game, then he should be paid.

How is it possible that two original tickets were printed? That's funny and scammy. Bet9ja is only trying to not get involved even though it should.

This should be a red flag to those of you who bet. Better keep your money or find some more trustworthy platform.
Two tickets consisting of the same teams can never have same ticket ID
Re: Bet9ja Confirms N3m As Settlement For Lukman by UNNGRADUATEEE: 6:18pm On Apr 25
OmihaniFARH:

https://www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2024/04/25/bet9ja-confirms-n3m-as-settlement-for-lukman
Jeez, God let me win my own oh. I can never play bet in a shop. I play bet king on app because I don't trust all these bet cahiers at shop. During my Nysc, I had one beautiful fair girl that was a cashier in the betting shop so I was always going to the shop. I just like her and she was the only one that I trusted to play bet in her shop. I played and win small money shaa.
Re: Bet9ja Confirms N3m As Settlement For Lukman by pek(m): 6:22pm On Apr 25
SmartyPants:
The cashier was an employee of the company so they are still liable for her fraud. That guy must receive his full payment!
you hit the nail on the head. This is just it

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bet9ja Confirms N3m As Settlement For Lukman by wallarwallar(m): 6:24pm On Apr 25
slaawomirr:
Damnnn niggar

This story nor clear

If na the cashier fault unto she connive with her boyfriend to play a fast one on the the owner of the ticket

Shebi the matter go dey between the cashier and the owner of the ticket...why the owner of ticket and bet9ja go dey reach agreement of 3million

The agent is under bet9ja so whatever happen wud be blame on the company and that might affect dere reputation reason they seek ways to resolve the issue.
Had it been a game cut the ticket then they wud hv get away with d cash out. Omo dis country with fraud nothing dey safe ooo haba l fear who no fear us in dis country
Re: Bet9ja Confirms N3m As Settlement For Lukman by Zony94: 6:26pm On Apr 25
If truly the punter sworn affidavit with bet9ja in court and was paid 3m for been defrauded he has done him some harms .If he really wants to win the case he should seek for good lawyer to sue both the cashier and bet9ja together.How can you print two original tickets at a time ,it is not possible.Even if you print a ticket and it comes out as fake other than original the cashier must sign it for the punter to make it look like valid ticket. A winning ticket can be presented by only one person to claim a winning.It means that if you lost a ticket and some picked up ,and know the shop you play the game he can claim your winning once presented .lt would be scanned and it must show exact information on the ticket b4 paying.How can the cash now cash out and claiming he believed the ticket was the original. On the part of bet9ja it is a case of employing a criminal to act as its agent.Anyway it is none of anybody business.If l transact business with a bank branch and fraud occurs wont the bank head be held responsible?

2 Likes

Re: Bet9ja Confirms N3m As Settlement For Lukman by 7upnigeria: 6:26pm On Apr 25
OmihaniFARH:

https://www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2024/04/25/bet9ja-confirms-n3m-as-settlement-for-lukman

Mehn, them go hear this thing for agidigbo fm. #3m out of #16m. How is it not BET9JA's fault? Is he the one that employed BET9JA'S EMPLOYEE and the boyfriend. Bet9ja loves collecting people's money but doesnt want to pay genuine winners.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bet9ja Confirms N3m As Settlement For Lukman by maasoap(m): 6:31pm On Apr 25
slaawomirr:
Damnnn niggar

This story nor clear

The story didn't say it was bet9ja, where did you read that?
Re: Bet9ja Confirms N3m As Settlement For Lukman by idahme(m): 6:33pm On Apr 25
obinna58:

Bet9ja gave him the money out of pity, its the agent that stole his money and dude wouldn’t even have gotten any money

Yeah not just out of pity, it was a means to marketing the company as a responsible organization to its partners. The fraud has nothing to do with bet9ja.

1 Like

Re: Bet9ja Confirms N3m As Settlement For Lukman by Ferrous(m): 6:33pm On Apr 25
Each sport is subject to the maximum winning per 24 hour period as listed below (the “Daily Limit”). The Daily Limit is exclusive of the original stake and applies per Customer or group of Customers, whether a betting syndicate or Customers acting together, who have placed bets containing the same selections, including where placed in a series of bets, at a range of prices, over one or different days, using one or multiple Accounts and/or across different betting channels. Should Bet9ja have any reason to believe that a number of bets have been placed this way, the total payment of all such bets combined will be limited to one single maximum winning payout. Daily Limit is subject to change.
The lowest Daily Limit will apply where a multiple bet is placed involving events with different Daily Limits.[quote][/quote]
Re: Bet9ja Confirms N3m As Settlement For Lukman by Ferrous(m): 6:35pm On Apr 25
Ferrous:
Each sport is subject to the maximum winning per 24 hour period as listed below (the “Daily Limit”). The Daily Limit is exclusive of the original stake and applies per Customer or group of Customers, whether a betting syndicate or Customers acting together, who have placed bets containing the same selections, including where placed in a series of bets, at a range of prices, over one or different days, using one or multiple Accounts and/or across different betting channels. Should Bet9ja have any reason to believe that a number of bets have been placed this way, the total payment of all such bets combined will be limited to one single maximum winning payout. Daily Limit is subject to change.
The lowest Daily Limit will apply where a multiple bet is placed involving events with different Daily Limits.

Can someone make me understand this much better?

2 Likes

Re: Bet9ja Confirms N3m As Settlement For Lukman by Belleful: 6:37pm On Apr 25
slaawomirr:
Damnnn niggar

This story nor clear

Why bet9ja dey compensate the owner of the ticket with 3

Where u think say d cashier and her boyfriend wan take see 16m pay?
Re: Bet9ja Confirms N3m As Settlement For Lukman by brosdoncome(m): 6:37pm On Apr 25
The cashier wasn't the original perpetuator....she's fronting for the original criminal in the Bet9ja regional office. That's why I can never play game in shops when online never ends.

2 Likes

Re: Bet9ja Confirms N3m As Settlement For Lukman by JasOnKruegEr(m): 6:47pm On Apr 25
shoodboi2:

How is it possible that two original tickets were printed? That's funny and scammy. Bet9ja is only trying to not get involved even though it should.

This should be a red flag to those of you who bet. Better keep your money or find some more trustworthy platform.

it's possible if you are good in laptop.
you'll just simply press 2 copies when printing out the original
Re: Bet9ja Confirms N3m As Settlement For Lukman by livinbygrace: 6:50pm On Apr 25
shoodboi2:

If you are into gambling ,avoid bet9ja,they are big scam,they dont have options unlike other platforms.Lat time,i played,they did not allow withdrawal until i wasted the 60k .
So if you are into gambling avoid bet9ja,

2 Likes

Re: Bet9ja Confirms N3m As Settlement For Lukman by adanny01(m): 7:06pm On Apr 25
onadana:
N3m as full and final payment as against 16m see how they want to scam or have scam this guy they took advantage of his desperation.

From the opening post, I understand what happened. Bet9ja is not responsible since the person who did the fraud is a staff of a third party.

The real problem is that Bet9ja is not liable for the 16m, the shop owner is the one who is liable. I am sure the shop owner cannot afford 16m so the cashier and her boyfriend are heading for jail.

Bet9ja as a company should have done better, what is 16m compared to their customers. I think they should have compensated the guy with at least 10m and liquidated the shop to recoup some of the settlement.

Anyways betting in a shop is something I will never do.

3 Likes

Re: Bet9ja Confirms N3m As Settlement For Lukman by shonepa(m): 7:07pm On Apr 25
Th matta clear like HD

Dem don run the guy local, kolobi am to sign 3m as em full and final payment.

Education no be scam!

If na true say the girl tru tru run the money with em boyfriend, as police don nab dem 2 now, who u think say go collect wetin remain from the winnings?

If u be punter, advice......play online, shops don cast tey, tey.

And please note: BET responsibly

slaawomirr:
Damnnn niggar

This story nor clear

Re: Bet9ja Confirms N3m As Settlement For Lukman by bet9ja(m): 7:10pm On Apr 25
What happened to the Bet9ja Agent guy is one of the reason i left the spot betting business. I was one of the earlier agent of Bet9ja. hence my Monica.

The shop owner is responsible because he approved a duplicated/reprinted ticket as Original. He was carried away by the greed of the fee from the fraud of 1.7M hence he failed to do proper validation and verification before confirming the winning ticket.

I had 8 cashiers when i was running my Betting shop and one of my cashiers also did something similar.

Whenever someone plays a bet, he will void the ticket as if there was a mistake and spend the money. He usually does it for long-ticket that has slim chances of winning. I never noticed on-time until a guy brought a winning ticket of N38,000 and i tried to investigate why the payment does not reflex in my account. I checked the ticket and realised that the ticket status was voided like few minute after the guy played the ticket.

I investigated further and realised that one of my cashiers has been voiding people's game and spending their money... I paid the 38,000 and i quickly informed all my loyal customer to check all their running tickets. Luckily for me, a guy was about to win close to 1.5M from a long ticket, one or two games destroyed his game.

After that experience, I realised that the business is not sustainable for me, and i had to move on to other things.
Re: Bet9ja Confirms N3m As Settlement For Lukman by theamazonguru(m): 7:12pm On Apr 25
You still never see this phone sell abi na Lamba you just dey throw upandan.
Re: Bet9ja Confirms N3m As Settlement For Lukman by Mohisah: 7:13pm On Apr 25
CheapHomes1:

what are you saying?
Lol when u change default 1 copy print to 2 copies, it won't non conformity i.e both slips that's being printed instead of one will be original. Bettors understands dis. Sorry i jampack my explanation😊
Re: Bet9ja Confirms N3m As Settlement For Lukman by emperorlaqrin: 7:20pm On Apr 25
TechBaron:
Okay I agree, they weren't dubious.

The punter’s loss but they are not obligated to even give him anything
But they took advantage of his greed and ignorance!
Re: Bet9ja Confirms N3m As Settlement For Lukman by osazsky(m): 7:28pm On Apr 25
shoodboi2:

u can print same bet 10000 times
Re: Bet9ja Confirms N3m As Settlement For Lukman by Tonididdyx: 7:30pm On Apr 25
Almost all cashiers do this.... It's how they make extra easy money but un thus case the hunter became the hunted.

.... An accumulation of 37games is most likely to go South, so what cashiers do is cash out the huge sum the betting company is offering after some games have played successfully. Last last the game will cut and cashier go enjoy e loot.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bet9ja Confirms N3m As Settlement For Lukman by Tonididdyx: 7:35pm On Apr 25
shonepa:
Th matta clear like HD

Dem don run the guy local, kolobi am to sign 3m as em full and final payment.

Education no be scam!

If na true say the girl tru tru run the money with em boyfriend, as police don nab dem 2 now, who u think say go collect wetin remain from the winnings?

If u be punter, advice......play online, shops don cast tey, tey.

And please note: BET responsibly

Bet9ja is just being nice trust me... The mata nor consign dem but out of pity and a reputation to protect they nicely offered him 3m

.... Meanwhile cashier and e boyfriend don already flex 1.7m
Re: Bet9ja Confirms N3m As Settlement For Lukman by Tonididdyx: 7:37pm On Apr 25
emperorlaqrin:

Baba na that guy Dey desperate of money and he chose to accept it. He should be blamed for his actions while the real culprits should also face the consequences of their crime.

That guy no get any legal option to that money again

3m and 1.7m, which one beta pass?

Mind you 16m is non existent as long as the ticket has being cashed out before the grand winning.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bet9ja Confirms N3m As Settlement For Lukman by RALPHOW(m): 7:40pm On Apr 25
Betnaija must pay the guy is N3Milllion, the cashier is their staff and she was employed by them and to be trusted by the public.
Re: Bet9ja Confirms N3m As Settlement For Lukman by do4luv14(m): 7:41pm On Apr 25
slaawomirr:
Damnnn niggar

This story nor clear

Boss read am well, it's a matter if 2 tickets, the first na Lukman Own, while the second is from cashier to her boyfriend, hence why there was a cashier, and kasala come burst join
Re: Bet9ja Confirms N3m As Settlement For Lukman by mofedamijo(m): 7:42pm On Apr 25
Nigerians blame every politician under the sun, Nigerians blame every person that works in Government. Yes, that's acceptable. However, Nigerians forget that the politicians and those in Government are just like every other Nigerian on the streets.

Just look at the terrible mess a whole betting company and these agents are into. Yet, they will blame the government every single day, while scamming their customers on the regular.

I haven't been to Nigeria in about 9 months, and I keep seeing post of people complaining that prices of goods and services are not coming down, despite the prices of petrol and diesel coming down. We'll, that's because an average Nigerian is greedy and wicked. The dollar hasn't come down because some unscrupulous individuals are benefiting from it.

In South Africa for example, prices of petrol and diesel are announced at the end of every month for the next month, and this determines the prices for transport, and other services. Also, prices of groceries goes down when it should, and increases when it should. It's never the same every month. Same with several countries I have lived in. But Nigeria is just full of criminals looking for a way to milk their neighbors.

I recently had to do my NIN in this other country recently, and I was charge $100 for NIN, and I was perplexed because it shouldn't even be that high, but an average Nigerian is always looking for a way to milk is brothers, especially when you urgently need their services.
Re: Bet9ja Confirms N3m As Settlement For Lukman by mofedamijo(m): 7:47pm On Apr 25
Tonididdyx:

Bet9ja is just being nice trust me... The mata nor consign dem but out of pity and a reputation to protect they nicely offered him 3m

.... Meanwhile cashier and e boyfriend don already flex 1.7m

How do you mean bet9ja is just being nice

They are the parent company, and it's impossible to have same ticket number. That is absolutely impossible. It's like buying recharge card with the same number. You can never generate the same ticket number anywhere in the world. And even if that happens, it will not be at the same agents shop.

An insider at bet9ja headquarters partnered with the agents to scam the guy.

Every winning ticket is paid by Bet9ja and not the agents. The agents are only there to provide net9ja services and help people play their games. Do you think those agents have 32million naira or 50million to give winners? No they don't. Bet9ja pays winners. However, in this case, an insider at Bet9ja collaborated with the agent to scam people.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Lionel Messi And Antonella Roccuzzo's Wedding Photos / Lionel Messi Shows Off Customized Adidas Game Of Thrones Trainers (Photos) / McCrory: Anthony Joshua Has So Much Frailty Made Ordinary Fighter Look Dangerous

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.